• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
to hear chickenscratch yell, first he has to man up and actually schedule a playdate with us. I think you're safe, my lurve. ;)

Yea Vick looked bad vs the steelers, but preseason is really a whole different ball of wax compared to the regular season for starting skill position players. Mark my words, if Vick stays healthy he will tear it up this season.

Anyone else hear about the shooting that happened after the 49'ers /raiders game? /facepalm..... no class drunken idiots........

Vick didn't look too good last night. He threw it up way too early and got picked off like what, three times?

I don't remember much about that game because I got totally wasted.

that's what happens when over-hyped teams and players try to mess with the PITTSBURGH STEELERS STEEL CURTAIN DEFENSE!

men and boys, men and boys. it looked like Troy Polamalu could have made three more interceptions. the Steelers defense look to be especially nasty this year, watch out Cheatriots! I love hard-hitting defense. sometimes I'd rather see Pittsburgh play on D than on O, contrary to the viewing habits of most NFL fans and their respective teams

Sometimes I think we are cut from the same cloth Axl. I really enjoy grind em out low scoring games if it means the winner is decided by the last one standing. Watching two teams go at it a point a minute feels like a fucking pajama party .

I hate the eagles

they are like the new oakland raiders

every dumb thug loves them

The teams I love to hate in the NFL, in order.

1 Cowgirls
2 Jets
3 Raiders

Teams i love to hate in order:

1. Saints
2. Eagles
3. Packers
4. Bears
5. Bucs
6. Panthers

I don't usually hate NFL teams, I'm either pitying them or rooting for them.

hating a sporting team seems like a huge waste of emotion to me...

alasdair

Rivalries are part of what makes watching sports fun for me. Im only really a fan of one team, but if I can root against other teams then it makes watching random games more fun.

And methadone84, hating the panthers? Thats like picking on the kid at school in a wheelchair.....

I guess there is an ATL NO rivilary? I had no fucking idea. No one in NO has any particular hate for ATL. We've got too many REAL baddies (FEMA? BP? Nagin? Saban?) to worry about the Falcons. Anyway, isn't ATL the city too busy to hate?

Rivalries are part of what makes watching sports fun for me. Im only really a fan of one team, but if I can root against other teams then it makes watching random games more fun.

And methadone84, hating the panthers? Thats like picking on the kid at school in a wheelchair.....

lol

I hate everyone in our division. but its not like i started hating them now they were good at 1 point.

the Giants are done already, our entire secondary is done and we havnt played a game yet

^ Thats half the reason I play fantasy football... cause my real team is dogshit and it gives me a reason to be into football even if my team starts the year 0-5

I guess there is an ATL NO rivilary? I had no fucking idea. No one in NO has any particular hate for ATL. We've got too many REAL baddies (FEMA? BP? Nagin? Saban?) to worry about the Falcons. Anyway, isn't ATL the city too busy to hate?

I think ATL is so busy they forgot they had a team.....at least it felt that way when i was there :/

That's why we have those commercials with Samuel Jackson to remind us every fall to rise up and shell out too much money for tickets. ;)

As for rivalries— falcons fans hate the Eagles, and that stretches back long before they picked up Vick, a player most falcons fans would begrudge a second chance, even if they don't like him. As for NFC South rivals, Saints Hate strikes me as a new invention, since the saints and falcons have only recently gotten relevant. Buc's hate seems institutionalized, though. At any rate, it doesn't approach how Atlantans view their own college teams, and the college teams of their neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.