• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so happy that there is football, and in a great mood. but not all is well in NFL-land. here are to debilitating cons I see for pro football this year:

the kickoff point being moved to the 35 yard line. what a joke! this takes so much fun out of the game. we will no longer see fabulous kick returns for a TD, those days of Josh Cribbs earning his millions by simply returning the ball is over - because there will be no more returns. now most kickers will be able to boot it in the end zone, for a touch-back on the 20 yard line. the Steelers are right, the NFL is getting soft, the company claims that too many players are getting injured, or concussed, for dangerous kick offs. first no more two-a-days and now no more this??

my second gripe with the NFL is not letting Terrelle Pryor in the supplemental (additional last rounds) draft. I know they are "sending a message," that one can't just bastardize their last year in college and make it in the pros, but I feel like they are sending a decent NFL career in the toilet. I'm not saying that TP is the best guy in the world, hell I'm a Buckeyes fan, but I feel like the NFL should give this man a chance

now that I've got that off my chest - ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBAW!!

yeah i hate how NFL is getting all these dumb new rules.

I still think you should be allowed to do helmet to helmet hits. EVERYONE in the NFL knows of the consequences that could happen.

Look at this hit by Dunta Robinson BEAST.

When i saw this live I was soooo fuckin pumped up im still happy he did it even though it gave the eagles a 1st down on third down. It was totally worth it. Just watching it now pumps me up!

Also it wasnt even a helmet to helmet dumb refs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqgyXVtihsA

^ also watched that live, and was pretty horrified TBH. Jackson is one of the most exiting players in the league to watch because of his big play potential, he gets paid SHIT, and he has to deal with the possibility of getting destroyed by corners and safeties that are 50 pounds heavier than him. I dislike most of the pussification of football, but the one rule I agree with is no helmet to helmet against a defenseless receiver.

If I were Desean Jackson, and there was no rule against helmet to helmet, I wouldnt run routes across the middle with everything I have, because hits like that have the potential to end a career.

This kickoff rule is pointless mine as well just give teams the ball on the 20 yard line after a score. a full 75 percent off kickoffs resulted in a touchback in week one the preseason and then you have to figure that some teams were purposely kicking short to get a look at special teams players in game conditions. I think that this rule is a bridge to completely abolishing kickoffs in the next few seasons.

This kickoff rule is pointless mine as well just give teams the ball on the 20 yard line after a score. a full 75 percent off kickoffs resulted in a touchback in week one the preseason and then you have to figure that some teams were purposely kicking short to get a look at special teams players in game conditions. I think that this rule is a bridge to completely abolishing kickoffs in the next few seasons.

Goodell is trying to turn Football into fairy dancing

I thought there was nothing wrong with that hit on ocho cinco. Its like they are supposed to give the receiver a better chance to catch the ball rather than knock them away from it with a perfectly timed hit. The kick off rule is horrible and makes the game boring. Because of that rule i actually expect scoring to be lower this year. I could not stand the announcers in the Steelers/Philly game spreading the NFL propaganda saying how the NFL ratings are dependent on all the high scoring and passes. I really dont understand why the NFL (Roger Goodell) does what it thinks is right and tries to pass it off as "what the fans want" when it blatantly is not.

Anyway. As a Steeler fan I dont think the steelers are going to have much problem taking their division. They are looking to actually be better than last season and the other 3 teams (browns, bengals, ravens.are probably going to be worse. Well the browns might be better than last year but nowhere near a threat.

Vick didn't look too good last night. He threw it up way too early and got picked off like what, three times?

I don't remember much about that game because I got totally wasted.

^^^
The Eagles looked awful last night on both sides of the ball. They couldnt stop the run and the secondary just seemed lost I know its early but they have alot of work to do.

just scored tickets for the Sunday night eagles/falcons game.

second game of the season.

i can't wait to get hammered and scream at falcons fans that are pulling for the eagles just because they're vick supporters.

i can't wait to get hammered and scream at falcons fans that are pulling for the eagles just because they're vick supporters.

Wait you a Falcons fan? Falcons SUPERBOWL

taaaake meeeeeeeeee wiiiiiiith youuuuuuuuu!

Wait you a Falcons fan? Falcons SUPERBOWL

you damn right, kid. me and pander both are.

pander, i would. but i have to go with work faggots. club level / 50 yard line. BEYOTCH!

let's pick another game to go to. i'd love to go with you and ken to the saints game so we could yell at ken the whole time for being a horrible aints fan.

you damn right, kid. me and pander both are.

pander, i would. but i have to go with work faggots. club level / 50 yard line. BEYOTCH!

let's pick another game to go to. i'd love to go with you and ken to the saints game so we could yell at ken the whole time for being a horrible aints fan.

im Falcons fan too. not a bandwagon fan either i liked them my whole life watch every single game for over 10 years. my 84 actually stands for Roddy fuckin White.

my 84 actually stands for Roddy fuckin White.

I'm sure he would be very proud of that endorsement, Methadone84

My Dolphins didn't look half bad tonight. Given, it was against the Panthers, who will be the worst team in the league for years to come (Cam Newton at number #1 would go down as the worst of all time if not for Jamarcus) but Henne actually impressed me for once. And Bush looks like he is actually ready to put in work. Hopefully the Dolphins continue to utilize him once the real games begin.

The biggest what the fuck moment of the night has to be John Beck going 14-17. Seriously, what the fuck is going on? When he played for the Phins, he looked like he didn't belong in the league. I'm guessing it was a lucky night, but even so, it displays some actual skill on his part. Wow, wish he could have shown that kind of spark earlier. Dick.

I'm sure he would be very proud of that endorsement, Methadone84

My Dolphins didn't look half bad tonight. Given, it was against the Panthers, who will be the worst team in the league for years to come (Cam Newton at number #1 would go down as the worst of all time if not for Jamarcus) but Henne actually impressed me for once. And Bush looks like he is actually ready to put in work. Hopefully the Dolphins continue to utilize him once the real games begin.

The biggest what the fuck moment of the night has to be John Beck going 14-17. Seriously, what the fuck is going on? When he played for the Phins, he looked like he didn't belong in the league. I'm guessing it was a lucky night, but even so, it displays some actual skill on his part. Wow, wish he could have shown that kind of spark earlier. Dick.

Redskins could be a surprise team this year. Eagles are sooo overated right now and redskins flying under the radar.

Redskins could be a surprise team this year. Eagles are sooo overated right now and redskins flying under the radar.

I hope the Eagles fail. They used to be my second favorite team behind Miami because I have family in Philly. But they picked up Vick, and I have nothing but hatred for them.

There are two public individuals who are on my kill on sight list: Mike Vick and Nevin Shapiro.

I hope the Eagles fail. They used to be my second favorite team behind Miami because I have family in Philly. But they picked up Vick, and I have nothing but hatred for them.

There are two public individuals who are on my kill on sight list: Mike Vick and Nevin Shapiro.
liviing in Philly myself talking football with eagles fans they can really get annoying. Falcons vs. Eagles game is gonna be scary cuz if Falcons lose im gonna hear so much crap.

liviing in Philly myself talking football with eagles fans they can really get annoying. Falcons vs. Eagles game is gonna be scary cuz if Falcons lose im gonna hear so much crap.

Yeah, my family up there is pretty condescending about my Dolphins considering how much respect I give them for their Eagles. And I'm family, I can only imagine how they would treat enemies.

I'm going up to Philly soon, apparently. I'm not sure when, but I have to visit my dying grandfather eventually. The part of my family that moved to Miami isn't viewed as kindly as it used to be after my retarded mom got caught trying to use her cousin to smuggle large quantities of benzos through the mail back into Miami, without their knowledge.

I'm hoping to do some heroin up there, it isn't even worth the hassle down here, but if I can secure a rental car I'm weighing my options between hitting up either North Philly, South Philly, or taking the trip to whatever place in Jersey supposedly has the fire at the moment. I hope some of my family members have turned junkie (strong possibility) so that I don't have to navigate on my own, but if I have to then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.