• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all are a bunch of haters... that chick is smokin hot. Tap that shit eli.

Can't believe that inbred redneck is 31

I'm coming down because the regular season is over, which means that I have less football to watch while I'm at work. 1st world problems

IMO the NFC is clearly the stronger conference this year. Im pretty much already counting the Bengals, Texans and Broncos out. I cant really say the same for any of the NFC teams.

Current odds to win the superbowl.

1. Packers = 8 to 5
2. Patriots = 7 to 2
3. Saints = 5 to 1
4. Ravens = 6 to 1
5. Steelers = 10 to 1
6. 49'ers = 12 to 1
7. Giants = 20 to 1
8. Texans = 35 to 1
9. Falcons = 40 to 1
10. Lions = 50 to 1
11. Broncos = 60 to 1
12. Bengals = 70 to 1

Packers, Steelers and Texans seem overrated to me. Bengals and Falcons seem underrated.

I'll give you the NFC is finally a bit more strong than the AFC, for once

Packers and Steelers overrated? wow, your team is good for the first time since the 90s and you start getting WAY ahead of yourself

did you miss last year's SB? I can see your point a bit, considering the Packers don't play defense any more and the Steelers are hobbly-wobbly... but I can't wait till Alex Smith totally Alex Smithes your Super Bowl hopes and dreams. just like the Steelers bloodied up your coach when he played for the Colts against the Steelers in that AFC Championship Game in 1995

49ers Harbaugh reminds me of a dad living vicariously through his son's sporting exploits. that Harbaugh could never get to the Big Game, so he will be twice as longing for his team (more specifically his QB) to get him there. when the time comes to motivate his offense (more specifically his QB, again), Harbaugh will be at a loss for words to motive (and I do mean loss). and this is before even mentioning, once again, that his QB is Alex Smith, who Harbaugh only lets throw in a 8-15 yard radius and 90 percent of the time in the flats of the field

Current odds to win the superbowl.

1. Packers = 8 to 5
2. Patriots = 7 to 2
3. Saints = 5 to 1
4. Ravens = 6 to 1
5. Steelers = 10 to 1
6. 49'ers = 12 to 1
7. Giants = 20 to 1
8. Texans = 35 to 1
9. Falcons = 40 to 1
10. Lions = 50 to 1
11. Broncos = 60 to 1
12. Bengals = 70 to 1

Where did you pull those numbers from, you're ass?

Packers and Steelers overrated? How about those damn Patriots? Most overrated fucking team in the league, not to mention patriot fans are a bunch of wankers.

^Thanks for bringing that game up. I definitely remember the Cowboys beating the Steelers by a damn good amount that time around. It's the only thing I can hang my hat on these days. Lord knows we're not getting to relive that kind of glory any time soon....

How about those damn Patriots? Most overrated fucking team in the league, not to mention patriot fans are a bunch of wankers.

the New England Patriots are the most over-rated No 1 seed of all-time. the Patriots haven't beaten a team with a winning record all season. what a joke!!

^Thanks for bringing that game up. I definitely remember the Cowboys beating the Steelers by a damn good amount that time around. It's the only thing I can hang my hat on these days. Lord knows we're not getting to relive that kind of glory any time soon....

you and I both know that Neil "Worst All-time Beard in Sports History" O'Donnell THREW that Super Bowl and those two INTs-for-TDs!

dude I remember being like 11 and having my heart broken. I even made a Pittsburgh Steelers scrapbook or something as equally gay in the weeks before that SB. my dad was so mad after that SB that he probably drunkenly took a piss on my scrapbook after that debacle. O'Donnel threw that game, he musta been in trouble with some bookies

Well we got a hidden Gem in the draft in Larry Brown. What can I say? It was also the beginning of the end of the Cowboys as a contender, and the rise of Jerry-World as an attraction and fashion show. I've said it before, it's the only sports town where the cheerleaders are held in higher regard than the actual team. I mean, Romo does what he can, but it must be a bitch playing under those conditions.

Plus, the Dynamic Trio was still intact with Smith, Aikman, and Irving all together still before that damn Philadelphia game that nearly paralyzed Irving, and before Aikman got his 100th concussion. I gotta hand it to you guys you actually put up a fight considering you had a patched together team at the time.

Last edited:
patched together Steelers team, just like this year

WHILE the NFL tells us that they "care so much" about player safety, yet that they want to extend the regular season to two games??

would the Steelers even have a team to field? all that would do is increase the chances of a mid-season playoff contending team to get Caleb Hanie'd

Where did you pull those numbers from, you're ass?

Packers and Steelers overrated? How about those damn Patriots? Most overrated fucking team in the league, not to mention patriot fans are a bunch of wankers.

Nah, one of the most reputable sports betting sites.

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_futures_odds.shtml

Jaded much?

If you think its so shitty you should make some money off of it.

And Yes im calling the steelers overrated at 10 to 1 as a 5 seed that is going to have to go through foxborough to get to the superbowl while missing their starting running back and having too many other injuries for me to list.

And the 49ers are a #2 seed rated behind a 3 and 5 seed. Underrated if anything, but I avoided saying that because I realize it would be considered blind homer-ism. They seemed to do ok against your steelers a few weeks ago. At least you guys got that 50+ yard field goal to avoid the shutout.

Last edited:
as some of you may know, I play the drums. a lot

I was thinking, and you as a 49ers fan perhaps can help me on this one. I was thinking what QBs would be what famous drummers...

is Alex Smith the Meg White of the percussive world? or is he more of a Rick Allen guy (the drummer from Def Lepperd with one arm)? HAYULP!

and now it's time for Detroit VS NOLA

hot damn there is nothing like the NFL Playoffs. Hunter S Thompson killed himself after the NFL season ended, most likely depressed via that fact - "football season is over" were his own words

I hope to see 70 total points in this game

I hope to see King Kong Suh slamming Drew Brees into the ground at least 3 times

NFL Wild-Card Weekend might be the best weekend of the NFL ever. ON TO THE NEXT ONE

Should be a shootout tonight, which is the most fun to watch for sure.

I dont think weve seen a kickoff return at all tonight. FUCK THE NFL AND THEIR PUSSY ASS RULES.

FUCK THE NFL AND THEIR PUSSY ASS RULES.

this

roger-goodell-wanted-poster.jpg

lol!

That was as incisive as it gets from Stafford there. Jason Hanson looks every bit his 41 years old, he takes forever to kick extra points/Field goals

yeah even that Point-After-Kick looked to be almost blocked

big turnover by New Orleans, TOs are going to factor in huge for this game

Football should be an american institution. Players/fans dont give a shit about protecting "valueable" players, they just want to play football. Capitalism at its finest :(

I dont think weve seen a kickoff return at all tonight. FUCK THE NFL AND THEIR PUSSY ASS RULES.
Ya know, I was just saying that the XFL would have probably been successful if it started this year, since the NFL has become too puss.

Status
Not open for further replies.