• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think id rather have 3 years of misery than have 3 years of effective regular season play, only to fall flat in round one for 3 consec years

and holy goosebumps

considering how much i hate the steelers and how much i love to see a crowd celebrate

watched that game with my parents, one a steeler fan one a denver fan, omg stfu

football makes adults act like children

and giants win was a no brainer, told ya guys

thomas! that's a hell of a way to win a football game.

alasdair

Very proud of my G-men today!

Also, even though I'm a bigger Steelers fan, I'm glad to see the Bronco's win today. They have a chance next week against the Patriots, knock them the fuck out Bronco's!

What a ridiculous and amazing finish to that game! Maybe he'll throw for 400 next week.

Great win and well deserved but i still dont see why a 12-4 team should have to go on the road to play an 8-8 team.

Regardless of how this postseason turns out, I have to say I am damn satisfied with the results so far. My most hated teams, the Jets and Cowgirls, failed to make the playoffs despite the massive amounts of hype surrounding them. Most importantly, the 49ers have returned to relevance, and look poised to be an elite team for years to come.

Vegas odds to win the SB at the beginning of the year

Green Bay Packers, 7/1
* New England Patriots, 7/1
* Pittsburgh Steelers, 11/1
* San Diego Chargers, 12/1
* Baltimore Ravens, 14/1
* New York Jets, 14/1
* New Orleans Saints, 16/1
* Indianapolis Colts, 16/1
* Atlanta Falcons, 16/1
* Philadelphia Eagles, 16/1
* Dallas Cowboys, 16/1
* New York Giants, 18/1
* Chicago Bears, 25/1
* Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 30/1
* Minnesota Vikings, 35/1
* Detroit Lions, 35/1
* Houston Texans, 35/1
* Kansas City Chiefs, 35/1
* Oakland Raiders, 40/1
* San Francisco 49ers, 40/1
* St. Louis Rams, 40/1
* Miami Dolphins, 50/1
* Tennessee Titans, 50/1
* Washington Redskins, 50/1
* Cincinnati Bengals, 60/1
* Denver Broncos, 60/1
* Cleveland Browns, 65/1
* Jacksonville Jaguars, 65/1
* Arizona Cardinals, 75/1
* Seattle Seahawks, 80/1
* Buffalo Bills, 100/1
* Carolina Panthers, 100/1

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Teams in bold are teams that either exceeded, or failed to reach expectations IMO.

image25.jpg

god fuck my shitty team. Fuck my god damned O line. Worst football game I've seen since the last Falcons playoff game.

Kudos to Eli for great check downs under pressure.

Yea dude....Im pretty bummed myself....Hoping yall coulda avenged your playoff loss last year to the Packers....and meet us in NOLA for NFC championship....woulda been epic

Care, it looks like we like/hate most of the same teams. I have always hated the Cowboys, and I have recently started to hate the Jets. A lot of my Giants fan friends have started to hate the Jets as well, and they blame it on Facebook actually. Over the past few years with FB being so popular, Jets fans have become just as annoying/obnoxious as their head coach, making it very easy to hate them due to all the shit talking they do about the Giants.

None of my Giants fans friends talk shit about the Jets on their, but all the Jets fans hate on the Giants so much, that the feeling has become mutual. Therefore, I blame Zuckerberg for all the animosity from Jets fans directed at the Giants, creating a rivalry between the two teams that was never there before since they rarely play one another during the regular season, but you better believe it was there a few weeks ago when the Giants made the Jets look like idiots. Rex Ryan better shut his mouth next season, and I will be lmao if he comes out predicting a Superbowl appearance like usual.

^ he doesn't predict it - he guarantees it.

that makes him yet another football idiot who doesn't know the meaning of the word guarantee.

alasdair

For what? To compliment your career ending head injury? The guy is nothing but class and works harder than any of us. There's no reason to wish that upon anybody. Fucking scrub.

yikes. it was only a knee injury, he could still walk alright but football would be out of the question.

ok maybe he would have a slight daily hobble...

Take it easy on batman there. I know how it feels to get a bit carried away after a disappointing season end, being a superhomer myself who is becoming increasingly attached to my sports teams as all the joy is slowly being sucked out of my life by my environment, and when even the last fucking resort you have left, your football team, lets you down in a disappointing fashion, you are bound to say or do some shit that you might regret the next day. Shit man, a rage like that could last a week. When my Heat lost the Finals I had to go back to the heroin and oxy before I did something crazier than heroin and oxy. People gotta vent, even if what comes out is meanspirited or obnoxious, just let it pass. We all knew he only really meant it til he fell asleep.

a knee injury won't end a career, there is a surgery to fix that

what you want is a neck injury ;)

Ive said from the beginning I dont think Tebow is a good QB, I still dont think he is. I however, dont understand all the hate he gets. Why? Because he believes in God? Hell I wish I could convince myself to believe in God, it sounds like a damn good way to live. He has shown nothing but class during his entire football career. Compared to most NFL players who are money grubbing self absorbed divas, Tebow is a breath of fresh air. I hope he proves me wrong about being a good QB.

I do wish that ESPN would STFU about him though, that shit is getting really old. Not his fault though.

Funny, the spellcheck on this forum doesnt recognize the word "Tebow" yet. Im sure that will change eventually.

spell checker still doesn't recognize texting

should be interesting to see what get recognized first

Status
Not open for further replies.