• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
crushin' it!

I can't wait to see the falcons crush your dreams, tho.

real talk.

Oh I don't have any dreams though. I just live for watching the Giants beat the Cowboys. I don't expect them to go anywhere in the playoffs.

When you read about the Cowboys, even on here, its all Romo Romo Romo. I think the Cowboys and their fans are quite happy for him to take the blame/fall every single time.

Jason Garrett is not head coach material in any way IMO and probably got the job so Jerry Jones could bully him for the year. The amount of ridiculous decisions Garrett has made already is amazing. BUT, that Defense!!! Rob Ryan and that secondary??? Isn't much Tony Romo can do from the sideline when that defense is losing you game after game.

The craziest thing of all was that the Cowboys were still contention in Week 17.

what happens when two teams who don't expect to win a playoff game meet on the field of battle? Do they take off their helmets and hug? Will it be like the Christmas Truce of January?

Or will it just make for disappointing football from the two least elite but still competent QBs in the league (romo excluded).

708136879_1375004.gif
686023937_1888138.gif

awww yeah

rams fire spagnoulo and gm billy deveney

time to do some dirty work

whose got my hetty 2012 nfl season thread?

like a week ago i heard that he said he was returning to coaching

not that it means anything cause it was said before the conclusion of the regular season, now i'm reading this:

Florio mentioned the other day that Jon Gruden had been conspicuously quiet about reports that he could return to coaching in 2012. Now Gruden has come forward to say that he intends to remain in the broadcast booth.

“I love my job and I’ll be back at ESPN with the guys,” Gruden told the Tampa Tribune. “I’m not going anywhere.”

Regarding the report that Gruden could join A.J. Smith as a coach-G.M. team in St. Louis next season, Gruden said that’s not happening.

“I enjoy being with our ESPN team,” Gruden said. “I’m staying put.”

There’s still plenty of time for the 48-year-old Gruden to get the itch to coach again and leave Monday Night Football behind, but for now, he insists that he won’t be back on the sidelines.

jeff fisher would be sweet

just please, somebody with proven success as a head coach

the team is not nearly as far away as a playoff contender as this season made it appear

trust me

i'm rams fan

Interesting. Smith and Romo are similar in their differences over the years. Romo has been surrounded by top tier talent at WR, TE and RB while enjoying coaching staff stability. Smith has had some similar talent but has been stunted by constant coaching changes. Everyone calls Smith a bust but what has Romo really done? Romo has been a starter for a number of years and has not broken through yet. Smith is enjoying easily his most solid season so before jumping on to Romo so quickly, let's see what Smith does in the playoffs. If the Niners win in 2 weeks, that means Smith will have made it farther in the playoffs than Romo and Romo has been there a few times already.

Sure, Romo has better stats but I'd rather have some more W's than stats any day. Cowboys should trade him for a top 5 draft pick and try to get RGIII if he declares for the draft in April.

Tony Romo has a 96.9 career passer rating, 2nd only to Rodgers in all time stats. Alex Smith has a 74.3 career passer rating, #108 all time.

I know that passer rating isnt everything, but thats quite a gap in career efficiency. It would totally be a "Jerry Jones like" move to trade up in the draft to fill a position that is already one of the strongest on the team, which is why the cowboys have failed so miserably over the past few years despite high expectations.

Look at what Wade Phillips has done as the DQ for the texans this year, one of the top rated defenses in the league. The cancer from the cowboys is growing from the top and they wont get anything done until Jones steps down and hires a GM.

Tony Romo has a 96.9 career passer rating, 2nd only to Rodgers in all time stats.

And how exactly has that helped him in December games and the playoffs?

The cancer from the cowboys is growing from the top and they wont get anything done until Jones steps down and hires a GM.

Factual.

^ Any given sunday man. Dont forget the Packers lost to the Chiefs not too long ago, and the Saints lost to the Rams earlier this season. Anything can happen.

Everything except Cowboys living up to expectations.

I'm not sold on Fisher. I don't really get the hype. Is Cowher totally out of discussion? I'd take him any day over Fisher, obvious statement of the year.
I just don't know why there's no talk of him.

The Cowboys could get Spagunolo to replace Ryan and that defense would still suck because in Dallas they literally care more about their cheerleaders than anything else. They need LINEMEN and that's IT. Plus for Jerry Jones to get his head out of his ass, but that's asking for a minor miracle, and I don't see this old dog learning anything worth knowing any time soon.

Last edited:
And how exactly has that helped him in December games and the playoffs?

I'm more of a believer in the idea that consistently good play translates into success in the long run. It is true that he has really shit the bed in the playoffs in the past, but I don't necessarily think that that will always be the case.

Time will tell.

Im not a huge Romo hater but he has got to be the most unclutch QB in the NFL by far. Seems like he has lapses in decision making at the worst time possible. The QB position is fine but damn that defensive secondary continues to disappoint. And Jerry Jones needs to let go of the reins and let someone competent do that job.

in 2012 Chinese scientists will, out of the reanimated cadavers of LeBron James and Tim Tebow, create an athlete that can compete at a very high level for all 4 quarters

^ I think she's jerkin him off, but we can't see since the pic is cut off. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.