• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... AP just went down with a really nasty looking knee injury. Looked like the type that is hard to recover from.

Dude is the most impactful non-QB player in the league IMO, sucks to see a player of his caliber who has stayed healthy for so long go down with an injury like that between two teams that are already eliminated from the postseason.

Horrible officiating in the Giants/Jets game. Any time that I have watched the Jets play, the referees always seem to help them out.

Sanchez is horrible, but the refs will call pass interference for 75% of his incomplete passes down the field. I also didn't agree with the touchdown that was reversed after the Giants recovered a Jets fumble and ran it in for a TD. Also, I wasn't sold on the other fumble by Sanchez that was overturned and called an incomplete pass.

I wonder if my Giants played good defense, or if that Jets' offense sucks that much. I think that a lot of it had to do with the Giants actually stopping the run, making the Jets have to rely on the pass, and as long as Sanchez is their QB, they can't rely on a passing game.

Good to see the Giants run NY! Rex needs to start shutting his mouth, he looks like an idiot.

Horrible officiating in the Giants/Jets game. Any time that I have watched the Jets play, the referees always seem to help them out.

Sanchez is horrible, but the refs will call pass interference for 75% of his incomplete passes down the field. I also didn't agree with the touchdown that was reversed after the Giants recovered a Jets fumble and ran it in for a TD. Also, I wasn't sold on the other fumble by Sanchez that was overturned and called an incomplete pass.

I wonder if my Giants played good defense, or if that Jets' offense sucks that much. I think that a lot of it had to do with the Giants actually stopping the run, making the Jets have to rely on the pass, and as long as Sanchez is their QB, they can't rely on a passing game.

Good to see the Giants run NY! Rex needs to start shutting his mouth, he looks like an idiot.

Sanchez was just appalling. Constant poor decision making, overthrown passes, being too indecisive, I could go on. The giants did their best at giving the jets another chance, a more competent QB should have taken a victory given those chances. fucking jets finally extinguishing the Eagles hopes, Cowboys won't make any inroads in the play-off if they even make them, which I doubt anyway. and their fans are still being cocky fucks

49ers would need to lose to the rams next week (lol) and the saints would have to beat the falcons and the panthers to take the #2 seed now. Looks like its going to be 49ers and packers getting bye weeks in the NFC.

it was great to see Charlie Batch, a prodigal son of Pittsburgh, get his name chanted at home during his rout of the STL Rams

at 37 years old - I respect his performance - thanks, Charlie!

nfl_g_batch_576.jpg

i feel so awful inside about the Peterson injury and im not even a vikings fan. For a guy that good who seems to work harder than everyone to be the best its so sad to see this happen to him. Hopefully he comes back and is still a wrecking machine.

terrible injury, but I also thought it was about Adrian's time to get hit with a serious injury. today's modern day NFL is a monster that absolutely shreds apart the careers of RBs like Peterson

terrible injury, but I also thought it was about Adrian's time to get hit with a serious injury. today's modern day NFL is a monster that absolutely shreds apart the careers of RBs like Peterson

only thing is no one has ever shred apart adrian peterson on any play. he was the one punishing defenders

I'm pretty happy with the Giants this year, considering that nobody had any high hopes for them this year with all of their injuries. I don't expect much more from them this year, but next year looks decent.

Consider this: When was the last time that they had Cruz, Nicks, and Manningham all playing in the same game. Now consider when the last time that Pierre-Paul, Tuck, and Umeniora played a full game together. Put those together and I don't think that the top three offensive and defensive players have played together in more than 1 game this season.

Sure the defensive backs are not that good, but Terrell Thomas was out all season, and he was the leading tackler last season. There are quite a few other defensive backs out for the season. I had lost hope in their linebackers, but the rookie Jacquian Williams has started playing good, so pair him with Boley and Goff (out for season), and they can be pretty good. There are also a bunch of other rookie linebackers and d-backs (mostly injured) that I am hoping to see some good things out of.

Giants receivers should be fine, and there is even some talks of Steve Smith returning to the G-Men after his waste of a year with the Eagles (although it wasn't a waste for Smith considering he got paid well over 2 million only to have 11 receptions on the year). The offensive line is banged up, but given that they are healthy and get some playing time in together, they should be fine next year, and I would hope that would lead to some more production from Bradshaw and Jacobs.

I would think that most of the team will be back next year. The only players with good years still have 1+ year on their contact, and anybody whose contact ends this season has not played good enough to even get good offers anywhere else.

I could care less if the Giants make the playoffs this year, but since they happen to be playing Dallas to decide who gets in, I obviously want the Giants to win that game.

shit dog, both arizona and seattle have been eliminated from play-off contention

guess the nfc west is the worst division in football :(

also, axl looks like your terrible towel will not have any fecal stains on it

New Orleans looks pretty damn good this year. they might be lacking in defense, but this new era of NFL teams will be set-up with a monster passer and a diluted defense

still, I'm predicting a NO VS Pitt/Balt/NE Super Bowl. the latter is a wash that I have not even begun to separate the whites from

ugh, NO looks superb owl good. :(

I'll be rooting for them come January, i'm sure.

Nine 49ers made it to the probowl this year. Tied with the patriots for most in the league.

dude I take no stock in the Pro Bowl. the fans vote the players in, and the common NFL fan is stupid (present company excluded though, ya'll)

think about it. Tim Tebow made the Pro-Bowl while Matt Stafford didn't. also James Harrison and King Kong Suh were left off

I don't care about the Pro Bowl. honestly, I hope just like last year the Steelers end up not being able to send any one of their players ;)

tim tebow made the pro bowl— and neither stafford NOR newton did. Xtians apparently stuffed the ballot box before they raced home from sunday service to watch the Bills stuff Tim's box.

Tebow is a special case of someone who is a mediocre at best player who is very popular. Usually to be a popular NFL player you have to be one of the best in the league. His selection to the pro bowl is an anomaly, most people that were selected deserved to be there.

I guess they automatically choose a fullback? Thats the only reason I can think of to explain John Kuhn making it over someone like AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.