• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Odd things you think only you do vs. WAIT, YOU TOO?

*My Mom jokes that I must have been Jewish in a past life, because I always thumb through books from back-to-front. I frequently even skim stories and articles from back-to-front.

*Whenever I put a baseball cap on, I always unconsciously put it on at the same off-kilter angle, tilted just to the right.

http://twitter.com/idothat2

favourites:
If you ask me to hold your drink, I will drink it.
Open fridge, nothing. Freezer? nothing. Might as well try the fridge again.
I Try To Finish My Dream By Trying To Sleep Again After Waking Up.
Deleting your whole password when you only type one letter wrong.

Sitting in your towel after a shower because you're too lazy to get dressed.
I actually pay attention to the "L" and "R" on my headphones. Always.
Making up nicknames for people you don't know but see all the time.
Pushing the shower curtain against the wall so no cold air gets in, in the morning

I laughed when I read all of these- the bolded ones are the ones I do too :)

I can't spend more than 15 minutes in the grocery store getting food. I start to panic and have an immediate sense of urgency to get the hell out of there. I don't mind standing in the check out line, but its the going around getting the items that freaks me out. Also, don't like anyone at the grocery store to get near me. Especially if they have a FULL cart and have kids. I totally freak out. And if I need something that someone else is in front of, I will keep going rather than to get it. This has gone on my entire life. I can not figure out where it stems from. I have talked to my mom about it and asked if I had any events at the grocery store and she said no.

I also would rather go hungry than to cook. I hate the kitchen, unless I am making coffee. I live on cereal, coffee, snacks and whatever doesn't require cooking. Everyone says I am just lazy, but I think its more I just don't really know how to cook and don't enjoy it. I wish they had people food packaged like dog/cat food so I didn't have to prepare stuff or make choices.

I seriously think I am the only person in the world like this.

Oh yeah, I can't eat leftovers either. Just seems gross to me.

the sound/vibration that paper gives off when you pull it out of an exttremely tight place makes me cringe
or the sound/vibration of wrtiging on paper with markers.

i chew on the tabs of aluminum cans and the inside of my cheeks (until they bleed) or on gum until it disolves in my mouth

im a math major and i consider myself a 9 on an attractive scale and im in a top tier fraternity.

when im thinkin about making a decision i like to pretend ive already made it and see people real reactions... which gets me into a lot of trouble sometimes.

the most comfortable place i can ever be in inside my car by myself.

I absolutely must listen to songs in order they were put on the album. The radio drives me crazy.

and when I get a prescription I put little stashes of pills grouped in 5's and 10's all over my fucking house in tons of different, rotating, random spots. That one is OCD as hell.

and when I inflate my bike tyre, I have to pump it up 1/10th of the way, bounce it 10 times, run my thumb along the rim once each side for each direction, deflate 1/2, then re-inflate to 50%, then repeat.

O.C.D.

haha ocd. i could make a long list but i wont.

one kind of weird one that drives me nuts is that i always wear shoes in my house. well, this isn't my house, im currently renting and i live with 3 other people and a dog. i will literally never let my feet touch the floor. i am either wearing my normal shoes or sandals, even when i get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. i just dont want to clean the floor, it always gets dirty again so fast because we have super old, perpetually dusty hardwood floors, the dog hair everywhere, and mud and gross shit always gets tracked in. i HATE getting into bed with dirty ass feet. that's one of my pet peeves. god i cant wait to have my own home so i can have soft comfy clean carpet and no shoes allowed on in the house. then i can just walk around barefoot and roll around on the carpet with no worries lol.

i smell my grandparents basement everyday
conveniently i work there so im able to on a daily basis save for the weekends and even then i pine for that old, moldy aroma.

it makes me want to bite the air like a dog with its head out of the car window

i have a bad habit of saying "what"? even if i heard you. it was first pointed out by a boyfriend in high school (so unfortunately, that would be 18 years ago, ouch) and i still do it.

i say what, then interrupt you and answer you anyway since i did indeed hear you, i have no idea why i do this.

belisarius, i do the same thing as you, always skimming anything in a book or magazine format from end to beginning. i don't do it in an online or single page article though.

I hand wash and hang dry all of my clothes. Only during very busy times during the semester do I pop them in the washer. I still hang dry them though. I can't stand when clothes shrink.

i have a bad habit of saying "what"? even if i heard you. it was first pointed out by a boyfriend in high school (so unfortunately, that would be 18 years ago, ouch) and i still do it.

i say what, then interrupt you and answer you anyway since i did indeed hear you, i have no idea why i do this.

belisarius, i do the same thing as you, always skimming anything in a book or magazine format from end to beginning. i don't do it in an online or single page article though.

My mum does that all the time. I find it really annoying and have learned to just ignore it and not repeat myself, as I'm attempting to help curb this habit of hers.

You're not alone as I've noticed many people do this.

Dance with my cat whilst singing love songs to him. Please don't judge us.

^I do that.......Dance with her and sing her songs......when we're in the car I sing to her. :)

I read magazines from back to front......or skip through.

Pee in the shower...? I can't help it, I don't have to go before i get in, but as soon as that warm water hits, i can't control it. Is that gross?

I always start with my left leg/foot first when getting dressed, underwear, pants, socks, shoes.. doesn't feel right if I put my right foot in first.

I have that one.

For me it stems from not wanting to seem slow, so if I haven't got a response immediately after someone says something I'll often shoot back a "what?" (however, at the time it always appears to me as a legitimate failure to parse whatever they have said, therefore "what" seems like a valid response). It's only after I've asked someone to repeat something that I'll notice that I actually did understand what they were saying, it just took a reasonable amount of time that anyone who wasn't me would happily have waited for a response.

It occurs to me now that I probably come across as both impatient and slightly hard of hearing.

"Pee in the shower...? I can't help it, I don't have to go before i get in, but as soon as that warm water hits, i can't control it. Is that gross? "

we've had this conversation b4..

http://twitter.com/idothat2

favourites:
If you ask me to hold your drink, I will drink it.
Open fridge, nothing. Freezer? nothing. Might as well try the fridge again.
I Try To Finish My Dream By Trying To Sleep Again After Waking Up.
Deleting your whole password when you only type one letter wrong.
Sitting in your towel after a shower because you're too lazy to get dressed.
I actually pay attention to the "L" and "R" on my headphones. Always.
Making up nicknames for people you don't know but see all the time.
Pushing the shower curtain against the wall so no cold air gets in, in the morning

LOL..I do all of these as well.

• I also must arm my car three times before I can go inside (OCD)
  • Dim light motivates me more than bright light
  • I've never balanced a check book in my life
  • I enjoy the taste of straight vinegar
  • I won't eat multi-colored pasta because makes me nauseous
  • I have to sleep with pillows on both sides of me (which annoys my girlfriend :))
  • I listen to live air traffic control feeds as a form of entertainment
  • I have tiger blood

I am always thinking about and calculating how much time I have til whatever is next.
Usually these co-ordinate with when I need to be responsible.

^I do that.......Dance with her and sing her songs......when we're in the car I sing to her. :)

I read magazines from back to front......or skip through.

^^ I do this also! Any particular song? I sing mine lady in red by chris de burgh, but instead of lady in red, I sing woogy in red (woogy is my cats name).

OKay this is a really weird one and I can't believe I'm about to confess this, I'll probably regret it later. Anyway, I read take away menus while I'm on the toilet. I don't know why, I never order anything .

Every time I open a beer or soda I move the top to the left. I've been doing this for 15 years so I would always know which one was mine and I've never actually used that to find my drink.