• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Odd things you think only you do vs. WAIT, YOU TOO?

I brush my teeth and shave in the shower. Sometimes I mix up the two unfortunately.

take the best looking resume on my desk and shred it off the bat for pretentious dingbat factor. Then look at the ones with spelling mistakes and 'formatted' as if just printed from VI or EMACS.

well this isn't something odd that i do, but my bf does it and i think it's cute (although odd)...

he won't eat the end pieces of anything. for instance, things like sushi rolls or sausages or burritos...he will eat up until the end (whatever it may be) and then leave it to either throw it away or let me finish it. anyone else do that?

I don't like the end of things that are in jars?..

I check and recheck my alarm clock every night before I go to bed.
I don't use chips for salsa, guac, or dips if I am alone. I eat them with a spoon.

well this isn't something odd that i do, but my bf does it and i think it's cute (although odd)...

he won't eat the end pieces of anything. for instance, things like sushi rolls or sausages or burritos...he will eat up until the end (whatever it may be) and then leave it to either throw it away or let me finish it. anyone else do that?

I knew a guy who wouldn't be able to eat the end of baby carrots. He would always just throw them away, on the same note I can't eat the last bite or two of a sandwich for some reason.

I also floss and brush my teeth in the shower and check my alarm clock each night even if I don't need to set it for the next day.

I do kinda but only with steak or chicken breast. I cut off the edges and only eat the center. The meat has to be clean [i.e. no fat, grizzle, or weird chewy things].

I mentioned this in another thread once, but my boyfriend and some friends pointed out that I always say "AA batteries" like "A, A, battery" vs "double A" batteries. It sounds totally odd to me to say "double A" lol... don't know why.

I am probably not the only person who does this but I always slap my dashboard if I see a car coming with one headlight out... I HAVE TO DO IT. It's such a compulsive thing that I feel like if I don't do it my head would explode or something.

I talk to plants and nature (rivers, lakes, the ocean) :D
People probably think I'm nuts.

I have lots more I'm sure, but I have to think on it.........
ive got philodendron plants in my apt. and i talk to them all the time. they are so pretty how could i not?! i always wear disposable rubber gloves when i read the newspaper. the pages are easy to turn and my hands dont get that blackish color from the paper.when im done reading it, the gloves are so fucking black, its disgusting.

http://twitter.com/idothat2

favourites:
If you ask me to hold your drink, I will drink it.
Open fridge, nothing. Freezer? nothing. Might as well try the fridge again.
I Try To Finish My Dream By Trying To Sleep Again After Waking Up.
Deleting your whole password when you only type one letter wrong.
Sitting in your towel after a shower because you're too lazy to get dressed.
I actually pay attention to the "L" and "R" on my headphones. Always.
Making up nicknames for people you don't know but see all the time.
Pushing the shower curtain against the wall so no cold air gets in, in the morning

Last edited:
http://twitter.com/idothat2

favourites:
If you ask me to hold your drink, I will drink it.
Open fridge, nothing. Freezer? nothing. Might as well try the fridge again.
I Try To Finish My Dream By Trying To Sleep Again After Waking Up.
Deleting your whole password when you only type one letter wrong.
Sitting in your towel after a shower because you're too lazy to get dressed.
I actually pay attention to the "L" and "R" on my headphones. Always.
Making up nicknames for people you don't know but see all the time.
Pushing the shower curtain against the wall so no cold air gets in, in the morning

LOL I actually do or have done 6 of these things :)

I don't tie my shoes. I force my feet into them until they are on. Although, I doubt I'm the only one.

I absolutely cannot get into a bed that isn't made. The bed can be unmade all day and I will still make it before getting into it. I need the sheets and bankets pulled up and neat before I can actually fall asleep. If it's all wrinkled I will have to fix the bedding in order to be comfortable.

OMFG I though I was the only one who did this!

Also I consistently lock my door over and over again before I go to sleep. Moreso than any normal human subject would care to admit publicly.

Also check for my keys in my pocket repeatedly before, during, and long after my departure. Even when I know for myself that they're there.

Ok I have always thought I was the only person in the entire world who brushes their teeth in the shower.

i used to always brush in the shower. i fell out of the habit though.

Why do people use that stuff anyway? I've never used fabric softener.

if i don't use a little my laundry is unbearably charged with static electricity. when it's humid enough i don't use any.

I refuse to keep pennies. I either leave them in the take a penny trey, drop them in the parking lot, or just throw them in the garbage.

I pick the stubble out of my chin compulsively and eat it. Sometimes I try to stop but it only makes it worse.