• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OD warning signs?

Also really sorry you and your buddy had to go through that. Curious if you’d be willing to share a little more detail about that specific situation. Specifically, what drug did your friend take and how long after he took them did he nod off?

I’m so scared of respiratory depresssion on oxy, that I’ll basically manually fight off the nodding off feeling which will result in my staying awake until 4am (when I took my last oxy at 9pm) in order to comfortably fall asleep when I feel like enough is now out of my system. It’s kind of irrational but I actually used to do the same thing in college when I was drunk. I was irrationally scared of drowning in my puke if I went to sleep drunk, so I’d always force myself to stay awake until I sobered up, then finally go to sleep.

sounds like most people here agree once your outside the window of the half life of oxy, the risk of dying from respiratory depression goes significantly down (assuming no other drugs or alcohol), so I’ll even play it safer and allow myself to relax once I hit 1.5x the half life.

Only thing now is I’ve introduced 10mg daily of fluoxetine (Prozac) which I just started 2 weeks ago, so technically there’s a new variable.
Hey bud

It's kind of hard to compare the 2 or what to look out for. Where you are only using oxy and not at such a big dose. My mate was a avid or a regular rock smoker and at the same time drank about 1.5l of wine while smoking in between. He went through a quarter moon that night and as he told me he does this all the time and his use to this and so is his body. Then when the night was finished for him and it's sleep time he normally takes one zolpidem and a benzo( normally 10mg valium) and then he slow falls asleep slowly. The only different thing he had that night was a few puffs of my H and I think ( and feel guilty about it) that was just too much for his body to handle. So it was a combo of uppers and then downers and more then he normally consumes and well we both know the outcome. But i warned him over and over its just too much and it was his first time touching H, I should have known better.

But you will be fine as you not doing what he did or what i do. From my point of view you in the safe and if you really do feel uncomfortable then wait at least the half life out if that makes you feel more confident to sleep.

The greatest danger comes from mixing meds/drugs and having no tolerance too them when doing this. So just play it safe.

Not sure what more i can add or what more do you want to know?

None of these people are right. I’ve never overdosed but almost have twice. You’ll know when you are about to. It’s weird, it’s almost like a natural instinct. You can just tell that you did too much. The other feeling I had was my head was tingling and blurred vision.