• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids O-Desmethyltramadol

I haven't heard any mention about it running out. Must be only some/most sources?

I received mine today, and IM'd about 40mg, 15mg first as a test, then 25mg once that went ok. Finished the 25mg about 10 minutes ago.

Had 10mg of hydrocodone 7 hours ago, and then another 5mg 4 hours ago. I'm sure those contributed to short term tolerance and will diminish the effects of this experience. I had a slight chemical taste in my mouth, which I sometimes get when IM'ing things. I'll update as it progresses, but so far it doesn't seem to be overly intense.

Well, 7 hours later and it wasn't too intense. Didn't get any sleep because of the stimulating effects, just sorta that enhanced dream/zone out state, but so far I'm still feeling good. Just IM'ed another 25mg, and have 25mg more I'll do in the next hour or so.

I think that even without any short-term tolerance, I could IM 50mg of this stuff and be safe. It would probably be pretty strong, but manageable, especially to another with strong opiate use under their belt.

I got a chemical taste in my mouth after plugging it.
Aren't you concerned about abscesses when you IM it? I'd think if you're going to go with a needle, you should go IV instead of IM since this stuff definitely isn't sterile nor, most likely, is your water or prep surface.

The complications from IV are much more serious than they are with IM. I'm not really concerned about abscesses. I'm taking the necessary precautions, and will go get medical help with the first sign of anything going wrong.

Even IM it seems to take 30 minutes or more to fully come on. It also lasts for quite a while. I can understand how people end up finishing a gram or so in a night. It is still pretty mild, and so the urge to redose and redose and redose can be pretty strong.

I also wonder if it's not a full agonist? The first time I took it after taking 15mg hydrocodone and it seemed to almost weaken the high at first, and then leveled out. Plus it seems like it hits a ceiling on euphoria.

Yeah, to me this seems to me a mild and RELATIVELY safe, in terms of overdose potential, but with a very long half life. Which imo has the makings of a very good maintenance drug. After returning to my daily methadone dosage, my mild morning withdrawal symptoms had been for the most part eliminated for about 3 days after my last use of the compound in question, possibly giving some insight into the extended in vivo half life of this compound. It also didn't appear to have a substantial effect on my tolerance or intensity of physical addiction, something which normally results quite rapidly after a temporary increase in methadone dosage. A quality compound in these respects. As a recreational opioid it is difficult to surpass the benchmark morphine and diamorphine, and I don't see this capable of hitting on that benchmark, although there are surely some opioids which probably could come closer in terms of the "sweet spot" in potency and receptor affinities to morphine and would be less close to being considered a controlled substance analog then say, ethcathinone.

Also, I'm planning on contacting the supplier to see if the rumors are correct concerning no longer stocking the compound or other opioids in general.

Bill, it's interesting you say something about stocking the compound. If we're thinking of the same supplier, I know for a fact that there was an announcement stating they will no longer sell it shortly after it first started selling. However, when I look back at the old news, it seems they took the announcement of retiring the chemical, off of their website.

Perhaps this is a sign that they will continue stocking O-Desmethyltramadol. As I said, I know I saw the announcement previously, and others have as well, so they must have deliberately taken it out of their announcements. I don't know why they would do that unless they planned on keeping it around.

Looks like it is going away. My source says its the last batch, and you're only allowed to get 1g.

However, it seems really stimulating to me. Shares that property with tramadol. The only thing is that it seems to be a really, really good analgesic. I've had back pain that for the past week has been really intense, and it has been completely gone these past few days, even when I haven't been "high" on M1.

I think this would make an excellent painkiller, because it seems to have low euphoria with a ceiling dose, and the analgesia lasts much longer than the euphoria and opiate-like effects. I really wish the companies would keep making this, as I doubt it would end up getting much publicity. Too weak to be picked up by mainstream people, which are the ones who would make it illegal and do stupid stuff with it

I think this would make an excellent painkiller, because it seems to have low euphoria with a ceiling dose, and the analgesia lasts much longer than the euphoria and opiate-like effects. I really wish the companies would keep making this, as I doubt it would end up getting much publicity. Too weak to be picked up by mainstream people, which are the ones who would make it illegal and do stupid stuff with it

I agree. It'd be nice to have this around in a constant basis.

Got a 1g sample of this metabolite recently, can't say I'm terribly impressed. A lot of Kratom in effects, just a bit more agonistic binding on the μ-opoid receptors with much longer half-life. I would rather have spent the amount I spent on this for Kratom instead, IMO. Interesting to get a legal pharm/RC opoid into the market, but this one is nothing special... this is no oxycontin, but has its place as a legit pharmaceutucal I think. :) O-Desmethyltramadol is generally the same deal as tramadol but 4-5x more potent. And it seems to be more selective in a sertonergic sense.

85mg was the dosage involved in the experiment.

Last edited:
Also, mixing this with alcohol or any benzos, especially phenazepam, wil give you the nods like mad. Not worth the struggle of trying to stay awake.

Quick question
Might someone who is on bupe be able to get some effects from this substance, or would it be totally blocked by bupe.
THe reason I ask is because I know tramadol is often prescribed to patients on bupe maintenance because its one of the few analgesics that would have an effect on someone who is on bupe (but I think this may be due to the non-opioid aspects of tramadol).

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone has experience with this, or can lend any opinions as to whether taking o-desmethyl on top of bupe might actually provide an effect, or if it would likely be completely blocked just liked other opioids. THanks-DG

It works IV aswell, and most certainly gives good rushes. 50mg was a fairly low dose for a person who has taken oxycodone and buprenorphine (please notice that I do not have opiate tolerance at the moment). Suggested IV dose would be 50mg - 100mg for most users.

The best way to take it is IMHO rectally, works so much better than orally. <3

I received my gram of this yesterday although i've not tried it yet. Has anyone tried it sublingually yet? I'm curious about what it tastes like and how long it takes to be absorbed in the mouth.

I received my gram of this yesterday although i've not tried it yet. Has anyone tried it sublingually yet? I'm curious about what it tastes like and how long it takes to be absorbed in the mouth.

The taste is not good. :p

Ok, I've tried it now via two different methods - smoking (chasing) and sublingually (under the tongue).

Smoking - I used the 'chasing the dragon' method. I put 20mg on the foil and got around 8 large inhales from it. Once the lighter is applied it turns into a golden resin and then into smoke very quickly, no immediate 'rush' was felt although a pleasant sense of wellbeing came over me once I'd finished it all.

After I'd smoked this I decided I wanted to take it further...

Sublingual - I used a small spoon to place 60mg straight under my tongue, I held my tongue down and closed my mouth and it didn't take long for it all to dissolve, now an increased sense of wellbeing has overcame me.

It's not a bad high at all although it is noticeably different to Tramadol, more sedating and relaxed, also stronger. The taste from both smoking and sublingual use was rather unpleasant (as to be expected really).

Now my palms and feet are a bit sweaty and I'm feeling very slightly nauseas but no worse than Tramadol and still nicely high %) No itching noticed yet.

Considering the price I would rather take Tramadol although as always it's nice to try something new...now what to do with the rest of it?

is it a better/stronger high than codeine then?

can you come up off it if you are on mirtzapine?

is it a better/stronger high than codeine then?

Stronger than both codeine and dihidrcodeine now that I've had enough experience with the three of them.

^^^Maybe stronger than DHC, but nowhere near as euhporic.

yeah, I guess i wouldn't be able to use O-desmethyltramadol to go to work, it ends up being pretty narcotic, while I could function on codeine well taking 400 mgs a day.

Now I've done 300g in total, all sublingual apart from the first 20mg, the taste gets nice after a little while.

I am extremely happy with this chemical, it brings strong euphoria, talkativeness, motivation and a very relaxed, 'not a care in the world' feeling. I got the itches but they weren't unpleasant, my pupils were tiny.

I've also had 20mg Diazepam (Valium), 500mcg Phenazepam, 50mg Promethazine (Phenergen), 3 x Tramadol 100mg SR, 4 x Tramadol 50mg IR (I don't recommend this as I know that mixing CNS depressants is a dangerous thing to do, although I do have experience in this area and I have a medium benzo tolerance and a very small tolerance to prometh and tramadol/opiates.)

What upsets me now is that the place I got it from have stopped selling it and I can't find it anywhere else :(

Last edited: