• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids O-Desmethyltramadol

Nobody drug tests for tramadol or O-desmethyltramadol. They aren't even controlled substances most places.

Drug tests do not and cannot test if a drug is in a certain "class" of drugs, like an "opioid". It can only detect specific, predetermined molecules and any molecules which trigger a false positive despite the design of the test.

With a NIDA 5 test you get tested just for codeine metabolite I think, which covers heroin and morphine as well. Some tests, although rare, in addition will test for buprenorphine, methadone, and hydrocodone (which covers oxycodone).
There is one lab in the USA that does test for Tramadol, there may be more I don't know about.

The question of course is do employers ask for Tramadol testing or not, and I would say most probably don't; it's possible that some health care employers would, to try to screen out prescription drug (ab)users who might prove troublesome with regard to workplace legal liabilities.

Yeah by 'nobody' I meant no employers or government agencies routinely check for it. They may send it to that one lab you mention if they suspect that the person being tested is specifically addicted to tramadol, but no generic drug screen panel is going to include tramadol.

My TR.
Preamble: Still slightly hung over from a mephedrone ride yesterday midday (160mg total, first time use, and I DID manage to stop before the bag ran out!) followed up by 6mg bromazepam (the best benzo I've ever tried) and 12g poppy tea to ease the comedown.

Opiate tolerance is moderate (80mg OC give me a nice rush but no nod, and I consume pod tea daily) and I am most likely dependent. No pod tea consumed since last night.

Received 1g from well known RC suplier.
Day 1, I took a small swipe of dust and put it under the tongue. No reaction.
Day 2. 10mg under the tongue. No reaction.
Day 3.
11:05: 100mg dissolved in 3ml water and plugged.
11:14: Slight but noticeable deviation from baseline noted; a very mild sense of being at ease.
11:16: That feeling of fullness in my stomach that I associate with opiates is present
11:16: Lower back pain from defenerative facet joints is easing up. Placebo?
11:21: I am definitely relaxed, in a good mood, and getting the munchies. However, none of the normal opiate warmth is present.
11:23: Analgesia is present, comparable to 200mg Celebrex (I skipped my morning celebrex dose to better evaluate the analgesia.
11:30: Effects are no longer increasing in strength. Pleasant semi-opiated sense. About 3/10 in intensity with H being 10, PT at best being 8, OC being 7. Like codeine without the warmth.
11:35 No itching, moderate meiosis.

Will update later, off to play some L4D2 for now. So far, I'd say it's a pleasant and enjoyable experience, though mild. Will likely be very useful for w/d but not much else. If it doesn't get any stronger I will add some Soma in and see how much that enhances it. It's not particularly euphoric. I'd say plain leaf kratom (when I don't have an opiate tolerance) provides more euphoria.

This does have potential, but like I said more for w/d aid or in a combination with something else.
I'd kind of been expecting to see many more trip reports by now, as people begin to receive delivery. Where are they?

11:49: I do feel really nice; my mood, while not euphoric, has been pleasantly lifted and at the same time I am experiencing a mild anxiolytic effect. It's definitely enjoyable and stronger than I had anticipated. If it weren't so expensive I'd probably order a few more grams to have around. I suspect it'd mix very nicely with a psychedelic. As it is, I will not reorder this one, but I am glad to have experienced it. I will update once more when the effects diminish for an idea of duration.

3:23: Still just as strong. It is long lasting for sure. My back pain is creeping back though. I did re-dose about two hours ago, plugged another 80mg along with 10mg of mephedrone to increase the euphoria. Definitely nodding, very relaxed, but still none of the characteristic warmth.

Last edited:
5:46pm: Still feel it, having a few nods. Better than I was anticipating for sure, but still not quite the real thing. Great analgesia, though. Will save it for when I need to withdraw, it'll be an easy thing to taper down.

Edit: Any mods can combine this with the last post? Didn't mean to make a new post, meant to edit it.

anybody tried this stuff ontop of suboxone? im guessing you can use it ontop of suboxone because tramadol can be too?

Does it seem odd to anyone else that o-desmethyl does not seem to be anywhere near as potent as it appears on paper. Most references seem to indicate that o-desmeth should be many many times more potent then tram on a mg to mg basis. Some reports even suggest it could be up to 10 times more potent a mu agonist then tramadol. But from reports Ive seen, most people dont seen to get any real effects until the 100mg mark, and even then they are just baseline (any many of the reports are from ppl with little to no opioid tolerance). I know of one member here who consumed an entire gram in one night and while he certainly felt decent effects, it was nowhere near as potent as one would expect. It could guess that in reality, o-desmethyl is likely only about 2 or 2.5 times stronger then tramadol itself.

Any theories as to why the actual increase in potency is nowhere near the presumed theoretical increase?-DG

5:46pm: Still feel it, having a few nods. Better than I was anticipating for sure, but still not quite the real thing. Great analgesia, though. Will save it for when I need to withdraw, it'll be an easy thing to taper down.

Had the same experience. It seemed soft at the beginning but ended up nodding after a few hours...

So, nobody else has tried this yet? Cmon, I know there are other people out there who were hoping this was the holy grail of RC opioids and ordered the second it was available...let's hear from you!
Also curious about combinations with this....

I have had 35 mgs (half the dose I had last time as I don't want to nod) this morning in order to take advantage of the clear headed calmness and study. Let's see how it goes as a study aid.

11:35 No itching, moderate meiosis.

and you can see this haploid cell division? obviously desmethyltramadol has undocumented effects on vision and perception.

The doses reported in this thread imply that the material in circulation has been cut.

Last edited:
and you can see this haploid cell division? obviously desmethyltramadol has undocumented effects on vision and perception.

The doses reported in this thread imply that the material in circulation has been cut.

did anyone get it labtested?

did anyone get it labtested?

not that I am aware of. however if it is reasonably pure and cut with
certain compounds (which will not be named) no normal labtest would see this, the cut could easily be invisible to GCMS and HPLC UV.

Well it seems one of the suppliers of this is no longer going to be carrying it. I was very tempted to order it when it was first available but I am glad I waited it out. For the price of 1g of this stuff, I think anyone with a opiate tolerance would just be better of getting 30 poppy pods.

I am curious as to why the vendor is discontinuing it after it only being available for 2 weeks.

not that I am aware of. however if it is reasonably pure and cut with
certain compounds (which will not be named) no normal labtest would see this, the cut could easily be invisible to GCMS and HPLC UV.

Other than the reports why do you say it could be cut? Have you tried pure O-dmtramadol?

I am curious as to why the vendor is discontinuing it after it only being available for 2 weeks.

The vendor posted on a private forum that their lab was getting cold feet about producing more of it, and also the vendor was getting emails from old customers begging them to stop selling it, so it was decided to drop it. Seems like a wise decision.

The vendor posted on a private forum that their lab was getting cold feet about producing more of it, and also the vendor was getting emails from old customers begging them to stop selling it, so it was decided to drop it. Seems like a wise decision.

So why did everyone want to drop it? Just not worth the money huh?

Increased sense of responsibility noted :)

I'm going to analyse it anyway...