• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nutmeg

i hear people die from accidents with DXM all the time, never did i hear about n e one dyin from nutmeg.

Well, people certainly aren't dying all the time from DXM; but the most likely deaths from nutmeg would be more post dosing; liver toxicity usually takes a while to build up...That said, people have certainly died from nutmeg.

People die from DXM when they take things that contain other actives, like Coricidin. DXM alone isn't safe, but it's certainly less toxic than nutmeg.

Far safer to make a concerted effort to find MMDA (possibly with TMA-1 if possible - mescaline might suffice) than eat shedfuls of nutmeg - your liver will thank you later =D

K tried DXM [Robotussin Gels, the pure DXM ones]

I took 20 pills [all of them] only to feel dizzy for 2 hours, throwing up, going to sleep, then throwing up again 4 in the morning. :)

^Imagine doing that for the next 2 days. That's nutmeg.

In honesty, I've kinda enjoyed nutmeg a few times. It's like weed with a very deleriant feel... If you ate a bunch diphenhydramine and smoke like 2 bowls of dirt-weed while hungover, it would feel like nutmeg. You get bad drymouth and dizziness, dry, red eyes, and usually abdominal pain.. I've had one experience that was a very psychedelic weed-type high, and another experience that was like a really chatty, happy weed high... But most of the time, you just feel poisoned and slightly delerious and like you're coming down from too much weed.

Anyways, if you're still keen on nutmeg, make sure your schedule is clear for the next two days. Eat it on an empty stomach, and it'll take 4 to 6 hours before it kicks in. I have never tried the teas.. Only eating the powder straight (usually mixed in yogurt or applesauce). Have some water handy... You'll need to sip on it almost constantly once it kicks in.

alright look man

if your really keen on tripping with Nutmeg, your best bet would be to just say fuck it and take like 2 or 3 fresh nuts ground up while chasing it with water or milk.

or

i know why you didnt feel good or anything when you took the robo pills. its the fact that you took around 450 mg of DXM your first time and because they were in gellcaps.

if you want to trip on dxm without a worry just go get a bottle of Delsym 12 Hour. equals out to about ~500 mg of DXM Polystirex which is LESS intense and LONGER lasting. that would give you a good feel to the effects. BUT you would need to give it about 3 hours to fully peak and about 3-5 hours after that to start coming down.

Have Fun:D

I tried nutmeg once in highschool. I consumed, well, more any anyone I've ever heard of. I weighted under 130lbs at the time, and I ate what I estimate to be about 75g of ground nutmeg. I don't know why I ate that much. I guess I didn't think anything would actually happen. I won't go into the hellish delerium that I experienced becuase I honestly don't want to try to remember it. I survived, but nutmeg remains one of the few substances that has truelly changed me. I learned a harsh lesson about underestimating a drug. I will never eat nutmeg to get high again, and I don't really even like it on food much anymore. I don't know if anyone has ever ODed on nutmeg, but I still feel lucky to have survived the experience.

scary here guys. dang.
yeah. i don't guess i recommend pursuing nutmeg as a drug. sounds bad.

If you do want to try nutmeg, figure out your dose by taking your body weight and dividing by 10. So, a 150 pound person should consume about 15 grams. At my weight when I tried it I probably should have taken about 12 or 13 grams instead of 75. The way I did it was to mix the nutmeg with applesauce. This was somewhat bitter, but easily edible especially if you like a lot of spice in your applesauce anyway.

wow artic, i bet you nearly died. at 260 pounds, I estimated my fatal range was near the 70 gram range. I never went above 40 grams. You just start to feel worse.

Hey guys,
I now thought of a way how to describe what i was seeing also. It was almost as if i was in a "Stop Motion" film, a method used for "Claymation". Every movement was 'clicky' and not fluid. I could only see 3 images a second basicly.

What part of nutmeg makes it bad on your liver? Doesnt it put deposites of fat in it or something? As long as the liver problem causing chemical is not what makes you trip, im down with it i fi can extract without too much health problems.

And sure there are other things to extract from, but i dont know anything else. I mainly want to have my own hallucigenic pills that i can legally distribute to friends where i only have to pay a little (nutmeg is dirt cheap, mainly because it taste like dirt).

I could have sworn i read on wikipedia that they are alkaloids, but ohhh well.

What is the main compound that makes you feel the way you do? What are it's side effects?

Thanks for the big helps

hahah stop motion is how I describe feeling really stoned primarily because my memory is shot and it feels like every second is a separate frame.

I do nutmeg often, at least lately... I would much rather get some mushrooms, but for now, this is good enough. I always have a good time. Weed is still too expensive for me to purchase regularly, so I just chew the raw nutmeg nuts (3-4) and drink plenty water. I'm nuts, i guess.

Any good extractions would interest me. Anyone ever manage to produce the flakes with an extraction process? I also had my liver tested and my enzyme levels were good, so I don't know what to say for now. Anyone have a link that shows studies of the effect of nutmeg on the liver? I intend to stop using it asap, but am abusing it at this point. The rationalization is that its harder to detect than alcohol, and is making me feel good.

The effects for me are basically heavy sedation, 4-5 hours of enhanced sensations, thoughts and mild visuals, and an insatiable lust. Unlike weed, the stoned effect does not distort the logic of reality too much, at least at the doses I do it. Probably not a good idea to use while trying to take finals, which is my current predicament. It doesn't get me nearly as foggy as weed does, gets rid of my anxiety without inducing paranoia that I sometimes get off weed and is long-lasting(around 2+1/2 days). I don't fuck with the higher doses, because I have fucked with the higher doses, heh. A curious thing about nutmeg is that it def. comes on in stages and has subtle effects that are appreciated by those who bother to pay attention. On nutmeg I can draw very intricate designs, whereas normally I have a very limited and constrained visual imagination and creative stamina. I have noticed a definite stimulation in artistic and creative activity without excessive psychedelic distortion, especially during the period prior to the main effects of the drug, aka before your STM is shot to hell.

A curious side effect is that I've lowered the amount of cigs smoked from a pack daily to about 4-5 a day, which is pretty good. The only thing that actually bothers me is the dehydration and constant need to piss/hydrate. Even so, if it wasn't hepatoxic I would be megging constantly and the cost/intoxiaction ratio is the main reason. Fucking dopie fixations.

Above poster, since you're such a big fan of fresh nuts you might enjoy the newer Nutmeg extracts (5X and 10X) that have been offered online for the last 6 months or year or so. I've been meaning to get around to trying Nutmeg 5X or 10X myself. I wonder if these extracts are any less liver toxic and physically cleaner feeling than whole nuts.

Anyone tried Sassafras or Sweet Flag yet?

To the OP: Legal things to try other than nutmeg..

Mescaline Cactus (San Pedro, Peruvian Torch)
Fly Agaric / Amanita Muscaria Mushrooms
LSA seeds (Hawaiian Baby Woodrose / Morning Glory seeds
Salvia 20x extract (10x - 60x will do :p) <- this is a very short lasting, very intense experience that alot of people don't enjoy.. however.. most people don't enjoy nutmeg either ;)