• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nutmeg

b-Asarone is aminised in vivo to TMA-2. its very cheap

Do you have a source for that? I always thought a lot of that stuff was simply conjecture.

Yeah I don't think that has been proven, but uh nutmeg isn't worth it. DXM is probably more enjoyabale/healthy for you. But I'd rather have HBWR than anything else as a legal high, besides personal cultivation of mushrooms and maybe weed if I never need to get drug tested in the future.

If you're referring to DXM, check out the erowid page on it and read the dxm faq, just try going to your local pharm, and try a cough medicine containing only dextromethorphan hbr, or possible with guaifenesin but this can make you throw up in higher doses. Don't exceed 2400mg of guaifenesin, but even then it has made me puke. Try 300mg of dxm and smoke weed when it kicks in, very nice comfortable trip imo. It really puts you out of it though, so don't try walking around or anything.

But why don't you try to get those visa gift card things you can use as a credit card and order some HBWR seeds off some website (make sure they're the right kind it should say they contain lsa) Just try to get it delivered on a day your parents aren't home, or since its near holidays say its a present and not to open it, I may try doing that haha.

wait so look for medicine contianing nothing but DXM?
and no i wasnt referring to DXM, i was referring to HBWR but thats ok im curious about that too. if anything, DXM sounds worse though! :(

Can anyone pm me a website link that sells RELIABLE HBWR seeds? muchos gracias

btw these are cough crap i currently have right now, are any of these have any dangerous chemicals?:
walgreens cold/flu relief
Delsym cough suppressant
vicks nyquilmulti-symptom cold/flu relief
eqyate tussin DM cough
Longs Tussin DM

Last edited:
btw these are cough crap i currently have right now, are any of these have any dangerous chemicals?:

It would be foolish to take a cough syrup containing anything other than dextromethorphan hydrobromide or dextromethorphan polistirex. You really should read the DXM FAQ before you take dextromethorphan in any form. You might be enzyme-deficient, and a low plateau dose might kick your ass hard. DXM isn't like other drugs, and the trip cannot be compared to alcohol, cannabis or other commonly used drugs. Most people hate DXM, by the way.

just look at the back at the "Active Ingredients" - I would guess the ones with Cold/Flu relief have either pseudoephedrine (if it's old), Phenylephrine, or Chlorpheniramine maleate in them, all of which are bad bad bad. DM cough medicines usually have Guaifenesin in them. Some people said guaigenesin is okay, but it isn't, it will make you puke and feel terrible. So basically, what you need is Robitussin Cough. Not Cough and cold, not DM, just Cough. They are harder to find now, but they still make them. The cough gels (the bottle of pills they should have in the couch medicine isle) are a sure bet - they only contain DXM.

To recap, I think all the cough medicines you listed are bad, you should go to a pharmacy and buy a cough medicine with ONLY DXM in it. Anything else and you may have a long, painful death, or at least painful trip.

Have any BLers tried ordering and ingesting Nutmeg 5X or 10X extract yet? I became aware of these products because people on Entheogen.com started discussing them earlier this year. Gradually more and more E-Doters (Entheogen.com members) started trying the Nutmeg 5X extract and reporting the effects in threads.

My problem is these folks have all been extremely vague in their descriptions of the effects of Nutmeg and the only impression they've really left me with is that Nutmeg 5X feels a lot cleaner and more pleasant and shorter acting than eating ground fresh Nutmeg. They don't report the nausea and body load that I remember fresh ground Nutmeg having.

I did have a number of somewhat pleasant experience with fresh Nutmeg as an adolescent experimenter. I stopped doing Nutmeg because of the liver toxicity. See, I didn't heed the warnings online about Nutmeg's liver toxicity and used to regularly consume 5-20 nuts in a sitting.... BAD idea. Eating 2-4 nuts might be okay and not permanently damage your liver but at the doses I was taking Nutmeg by age 19 I was diagnosed with "fatty liver". I never will know whether Nutmeg abuse was the main cause of my liver damage or not. The amount of Tylenol, Inhalants, Anhistamines and other nasty stuff I consumed as a teen may have also been the cause.

So I'm curious if the Nutmeg 5 and 10X might somehow lack the liver toxicity of fresh nuts. I wonder if these are true full spectrum extracts that still contain all the original constituents or if they only contain certain of the original constituents (hopefully the non liver toxic ones). The fact people describe such different effects from Nutmeg 5X (such as a short duration) compared to fresh Nutmeg suggests to me I might be right to think these extracts aren't truly full spectrum.

I guess one of the reasons I'm still fascinated in Nutmeg is it contains Myristicin and Elemicin which are related to MMDA and TMA, as I recall. I've always wondered what would ingesting extracts of Nutmeg, Calamus and Sassafras together feel like, since according to Shulgin they all contain precusors to essential amphetamines.

omg, I can't remember how I came across info about nutmeg... was a long time ago, like 30 yrs. (yeah, i'm 312 yrs old)
oh damn I still remember the awful gastro symptoms, pain, nausea, and wicked bowel problems. no high, nothing except awful abdominal stuff. never wanted to repeat that one.

As I recall theres a tek on Erowid that explains how to extract Myristicin from Nutmeg. I'd love to know how pure Myristicin or Elimicin would feel in comparison to Nutmeg, seeing as these 2 compounds are likely the most psychoactive constituents.

Anyone know whether ingesting Mace is any more pleasant than Nutmeg? I recall reading Mace has similar constituents and psychoactive effects.

If I bought the 5X or 10X Nutmeg extract that I described in my previous post I wonder if I could dissolve the extract in warm water in an oral syringe and squirt it up my rectum... Seems to me taking it rectally would prob. be a heck of a lot safer than orally since it would bypass my liver. Also, it wouldn't cause the nausea of an oral dose of Nutmeg.

^Mace comes from the same fruit. I doubt it would be very different.

djtrickdog, if you don't have access to anything else, and really want to fiddle with your brain, DXM can do the trick - I would really suggest waiting until safer and more useful substances come your way, though.

It looks like you haven't done much research on your own as of yet. Please do so. Hit up erowid.org...

Also, if your of the extracting sort, then you can always endeavor to extract DXM from cough syrup, which isn't a bad project. :)

DXM sounds a bit dangerous (much more risky than Nutmeg by far). And im not trying to kill myself here. I am def the extraction type though :p

I heard that when you make 'nutmeg tea', the Myristicin gets absorbed into the water, but only when HOT. if you remove the useless grounds, and THEN let the water cool, the Myristicin [and other crap] should collect around the edge of the glass. Rock Candy method anyone? :p

also, found a website that could be helpful:
http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=13452

too Torched to read it though :p

DXM sounds a bit dangerous (much more risky than Nutmeg by far). And im not trying to kill myself here.

Nah - Nutmeg is actually the more risky one by far. As far as I know it's pretty toxic to the liver, and is also possibly neurotoxic. Not to mention the fact that almost nobody enjoys its psychoactive effects.

If you have to choose between the two, I'd recommend careful experimentation with DXM.

i hear people die from accidents with DXM all the time, never did i hear about n e one dyin from nutmeg.

yeah, I used to say it all the time...nutmeg is entirely underrated and underhyped as a very power stoned feeling, or even better yet as a psychedelic. Learn how to prepare your nutmeg correctly you idiots...then maybe you wont throw it up and/or be shitting bricks

hehe^ i hope people will soon stop bitching [NOT TALKING BOUT ANYONE HERE, referring to trip reports] . Honestly, the only bad thing is the taste. Having this in mind, this can actually give you a bad trip. But what is the best way to prepare Nutmeg?

i hear people die from accidents with DXM all the time, never did i hear about n e one dyin from nutmeg.

That's because nutmeg's side effects are so acute that no one in their right mind would dare to take a high enough dose to achieve dangerous alteration...

I maintain that experimentation with moderate dosages of DXM is quite safe, as long as you space out your trips (as in, don't start taking it on a regular basis), and trip in a comfortable environment. Don't expose yourself to extreme temperatures, and don't physically exert yourself - the dissociative effect of the drug might impair your body's ability to detect that it's being strained.

If you follow those guidelines, there's very little to worry about.

my girlfriend tried nutmeg. said the only difference was one shade of blue was super prominent, besides that. tasted like shit.