View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nutmeg

djtrickdog

Bluelighter
Hey guys, yesterday, i took Nutmeg, and it wasnt NEAR as bad as people say it is. I saw a lot of distortions, tracers, and some other weird effects i cant really describe, but the worst part, is definantly getting the shit down.

I know you can buy capsules for cheap ass, but still, you have to fill like 15 capsules. I no nothing about 'extracting' chemicals and what not, but i would like to learn. Would it be possible to extract the alkaloids from Nutmeg that give it it's Hallucigenic effects? (Myristicin, safrole, elemicin). Im sure this could greatly reduce amount of pills and maybe fit into one pill?

Im your drug creating noob so, i dunno.

This might be irrelevant but the only time I tried nutmeg was when I grinded a 15 year old nutmeg with milk and drank it down. Nothing at all happened until I had the most lucid and vivid dreams of my life for the next 5 nights. Crazy ass in your face dreams, like whoa..

Cheers:)

Nutmeg has hepatoxic compounds. I ate spoonfuls of it on one occasion and all that happened was extreme drowsiness for two days, a stomach ache for part of it, and maybe minor rippling around the edges of objects. My good friend that ate it with me heard rain that night as he lay in bed, but there was no rain. I can still barely stand to smell nutmeg much less eat it and that must've been around 8 years ago. Jeebus Christ... it is definitely not worth it.

Peace,
PL

You sure could extract them, but please don't. Nutmeg is a really shitty drug; not only very dangerous to ones liver, but possibly neurotoxic too- at least, I think myristicin is.

^not to mention the lobotamized sensation...

DONT DO NUTMEG

If you are going to bother extracting things, there are much more interesting materials to use than nutmeg. ;)

Many moons ago, when I was but a lad, I read The Autobiography of Malcolm X, and it told how he ate a matchbox full of nutmeg while in jail. So, I tried it. Even measured out a matchbox's worth.

Ah, the folly of youth..... :(

First of all, the compounds in nutmeg are essential oils, not alkaloids. Not that it matters but I wanted to mention that.

Second, I agree that nutmeg isn't as bad as most people say. I used 2-3 tablespoons of freshly ground nutmeg a few times when I was quite a bit younger. I never got to the point where it made me drowsy... it was basically a 2-day-long state where I felt a bit different and "smooth" and I felt a bit removed from myself... everything was very calm and it was hard to react to things fully. I also couldn't have sex at all for 2-3 days after each time. The experience wasn't great even though it wasn't bad, and the side effects bothered me. That combined with the fact that it's significantly toxic for your liver and possibly for your brain as well make me not want to use it ever again, and I am suggesting that you do not either.

As for extractions, I have no idea. I'm sure there's a way but I don't know it.

Hey guys,
I now thought of a way how to describe what i was seeing also. It was almost as if i was in a "Stop Motion" film, a method used for "Claymation". Every movement was 'clicky' and not fluid. I could only see 3 images a second basicly.

What part of nutmeg makes it bad on your liver? Doesnt it put deposites of fat in it or something? As long as the liver problem causing chemical is not what makes you trip, im down with it i fi can extract without too much health problems.

And sure there are other things to extract from, but i dont know anything else. I mainly want to have my own hallucigenic pills that i can legally distribute to friends where i only have to pay a little (nutmeg is dirt cheap, mainly because it taste like dirt).

I could have sworn i read on wikipedia that they are alkaloids, but ohhh well.

What is the main compound that makes you feel the way you do? What are it's side effects?

Thanks for the big helps

That's the thing about Wikipedia... anyone can edit any of the information there. Hence, it is not a reliable source. Anything at all that you read there could be bullshit.

The main compounds are myristicin and elemicin. They're both essential oils that are hepatoxic (toxic to your liver).

Basically it's impossible to trip on nutmeg without liver toxicity. Actually the nutmeg experience is more like really strong marijuana that lasts for 2 days. If you want something legal and cheap that makes you trip, look for Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. They're cheap and contain LSA, which is similar to LSD. That's an actual trip.

I have taken nutmeg many times, between 30-35 over the last two years I'd say. My main method of consumption was to grind the whole seeds with a cheese grater, mix it with cold milk and down it all in a few gulps. I have taken up to ten seeds, but usually my dose was five. Five seeds is considered a large dose (ten is just ridiculous).

The "trips" were very marijuana-like, but long. After a while the good effects stopped and the negative ones predominated. At first it was like high-quality mj without the paranoia, but after a while it became more like low-quality shwag, only worse.

You may wonder why I took nutmeg rather than something else. The reason is because I have been on probation and didn't want to fail a test. I finally decided that being sober was better than the crap high that nutmeg was giving me. And of course the (probable) hepatoxicity of nutmeg makes this drug more trouble than it's worth.

wow, all this talk of brain toxicity is kind of worrying. I used to do alot of nutmeg.

Basically it's impossible to trip on nutmeg without liver toxicity.

From my personal experiences I would disagree. I've taken large doses of nutmeg several times, and have also had quite a few perfectly normal liver tests since then. But I'm quite young so maybe it will affect me later.

Nutmeg is delicious grated onto apple pies.

This is the only use I would approve it for ;)

HBWR sounds 10000% fun, but its not easy to access

OK forget i ever said 'without liver problems." How would i extract these oils or at least remove alot of unessicary compunds in nutmeg to make the amount smaller?

Last edited:
wow, all this talk of brain toxicity is kind of worrying. I used to do alot of nutmeg.

Well, I think you'd nknow by now if anything had happened. Specifically damamge to dopaminergic neurons....

From my personal experiences I would disagree. I've taken large doses of nutmeg several times, and have also had quite a few perfectly normal liver tests since then. But I'm quite young so maybe it will affect me later.

Well just because your liver tests came back fine doesn't mean it's not toxic to your liver. Alcohol is a liver toxin but it's not like taking large doses several times will cause your liver to appear abnormal in tests.

Xorky said:
The main compounds are myristicin and elemicin. They're both essential oils that are hepatoxic (toxic to your liver).

To be accurate and annoying, myrisyicin and elemicin are components of nutmeg essential oils. But yeah, they are not alkaloids.

in the same class but a lot more fun and a lot less toxic is Acorus calamus. you can buy the dried rhyzome on the net and some health food stores. the Indian and middle eastern varieties are less emetic than the N American and more psychoactive. b-Asarone is aminised in vivo to TMA-2. its very cheap

nutmeg sucks. it does work well with mushrooms though