• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

NTI's Christian Theology Thread

^That's just it. You can poke holes in a theory all you want, but without some kind of alternative (it can be elementary of course) all you have is a hol(e)y theory.

NB. Also to you Noto, since you seem to be troubled by 'hearing voices', have you tried talkiing to them, rather than just trying to shut them out or ignore them? When I first 'heard voices' I was also alarmed, and sspected that following a rather dissolute, self-indulgent and careless lifestyle, it was the onset of paranoid schitzophrenia. It turned out it was not that at all, and after demanding, requesting and subsequently receiving definite and unequivocal evidence that it was not mental illness, but merely my natural abilitity of mediumship finally emerging (though it has always been there I realised), I sought advice from experts, learned to live with it, and have learned a great deal about the true nature of the Universe and my place in it - and also met some wonderful, fascinating people (Jesus being one of them), kept in touch with dear, departed friends and relatives, lost my fear of death completely and been able to help and comfort people who have been bereaved. I suspect that you probably have this ability too - it is nothing to be afraid of, believe me!

Unfortunately modern medicine and psychiatry (who you seem to have a healthy disliking and contempt for, just like me) do not recognise that this ability exists, and assume that anyone 'hearing voices' is mentally ill. Their 'solution' is usually to shut those voices up at all costs, using ghastly major tranx and bullying, deeply disturbing 'therapies' and methods, often involving compulsory confinement in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest style institutions. I dread to think how many mediums and spiritualists have suffered at the ham-fisted methods of the medical establishment? It is a subject close to my heart, and an ongoing atrocity I would like to see stopped!:|

"Something about the NAME of Jesus that just causes immense hatred .. When all He was ....was Love and every good thing in life and blessing. But say his NAME Jesus ...and watch the hatred come ...! Cause deep down his name, Jesus ...causes angst and trouble."

its because of people talking non sense in the name of jesus. some people think he promised something that may be not real at all.
sure, he promoted love, but he promised happiness after life, once dead, not in this very life. perfect life is after death
a lot of people cannot believe that and wont take the chance to loose one life opportunity to grow by believing about some promised land after death.

Maybe ninae should see at how the scriptures of the bible is scientifically analysed. you would cry in a college class about the bible because its clear that its nothing but men creation.
"Something about the NAME of Jesus that just causes immense hatred .. When all He was ....was Love and every good thing in life and blessing. But say his NAME Jesus ...and watch the hatred come ...! Cause deep down his name, Jesus ...causes angst and trouble."

Last edited:
I'm not a Christian and Jesus gets as much on my nerves as anyone else. He gets on your nerves because he tries to limit your lower nature, which is always rebelling against the spiritual principle. Still, not to give him any recognition you would have to be spiritually dead (although it's hard to make that recognition).

I'm not a Christian and Jesus gets as much on my nerves as anyone else. He gets on your nerves because he tries to limit your lower nature, which is always rebelling against the spiritual principle. Still, not to give him any recognition you would have to be spiritually dead (although it's hard to make that recognition).
what is a spiritual principle?
I dont hate him at all, I just dont find him very beneficial for my spiritual growth.

spiritually dead? so there some people who are spiritually dead?

Adhering to one man-made religion doesn't work. Or, it does for some, and you can try. There are people who have become illuminated through all the religions but it's more about their souls than the religion itself.

When I speak positively of Chrisitanity I speak about those who have been enlightened through it. Not those who have been mislead by it.

Anyway, Jesus/Buddha achieved their own forms of enlightenment, but it's like people care more about being on one team than anything else. Or do you think they are in conflict now?

your definition of enlightenment is confusing.
buddha and jesus did not have the same enlightenment. jesus never talks about so many aspects of the mind that I doubt he was enlightened.

do you know the definition of enlightenment. at least for buddhist, it means: end of all dukkha (suffering). it means theres no more suffering in a enlightened mind, its a total liberation of all cravings and desires, of all attachment to this body and mind, ect.

jesus seems to have suffered quite a bit and he promoted release of suffering after life, where the buddha always focus on the here and now to eliminate suffering.

Adhering to one man-made religion doesn't work. Or, it does for some, and you can try. There are people who have become illuminated through all the religions but it's more about their souls than the religion itself.

When I speak positively of Chrisitanity I speak about those who have been enlightened through it. Not those who have been mislead by it.

Anyway, Jesus/Buddha achieved their own forms of enlightenment, but it's like people care more about being on one team than anything else. Or do you think they are in conflict now?

I think the whole point of Jesus was that he was enlightened, but that doesn't mean you don't have to suffer in the physical world. The physical and spiritual are two different things. What I meant was they're not in conflict, so why should their followers be in conflict?

I think the whole point of Jesus was that he was enlightened, but that doesn't mean you don't have to suffer in the physical world. The physical and spiritual are two different things. What I meant was they're not in conflict, so why should their followers be in conflict?
jesus was not enlightened in the buddhist sense. not even close. not to take anything away from jesus, but he was not enlightened.

physical world is in conflict with spiritual side imo. our body is a constant reminder of physical suffering, death, incomfort of all sorts, hungry, ect. from the moment we open our eye, the physical body have constant demands that needs to be satisfied just to not suffer.
then, the body and the promise of the pleasure of sense is another obstacle to spiritual progress.
what is spiritual progress? imo, its purification. its the most important and basis of any religion. if your practice doesnt bring purification and simplification of one life's goal and one's life daily living, his practice is not spiritual, but material.
So, love purify. when you love, you dont hate, so for that moment, purification occurs. but besides love, respect, I dont see much teaching of value in Christianity.

why people are in conflict with jesus? because he doesnt bring enough solution to worldy problem we all have? maybe also because christian religion have created unimaginable massacre. religion, for good reason, has a bad reputation to any intelligent mind. just by looking at the negative impact religion has had on humanity,it would be foolish not to critic the major religions, take out the bullshit and take whats important into their message

Last edited:
There's a difference between who Jesus really was and what has been carried on about him.

nah, I dont see how someone could think jesus is enlightened. I mean, when you know what enlightenment actually means and demands as factor, you can clearly see that jesus was definitely not enlightened
It looks enlightened to me. Maybe you see it differently.

You just have the usual bias against Jesus because you grew up in the Western world.

Sad to hear that, but I'm afraid it is often true! Saddest of all is what the poor guy has had to see done in his name... not his fault, but that of the evil bigots, despots and maniacs who chose him as a convenient figurehead for political purposes.

nah, I dont see how someone could think jesus is enlightened. I mean, when you know what enlightenment actually means and demands as factor, you can clearly see that jesus was definitely not enlightened

I think he was enlightened - way ahead of his time. Far too far ahead I'm afraid... and his enlightened teachings were brushed aside by those who abused his memory later on.

I think he's still too ahead. His words doesn't resonate with most. Not until the end of their life.