• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NSW to slap temporary ban on synthetic drugs after Kwan death

I think a lot of 'drug addicts' lives become a mess because getting hold of their DOC becomes more and more an issue. So everything else gets pushed aside since their only focus is supply. If addicts and I'm talking mostly opiate addicts were given their DOC they would no longer have to worry about supply and it will no longer be the number 1 focus therefore their 'lives' return to normal just dependent on a drug which some people are happy to live like that, some will choose to get 'clean' but they/we should be given the damn choice and not be treated like we are scum.

That doesn't explain the countless high flyers and Hollywood elite who get into serious addiction issues despite no problems with accessing high quality and high purity drugs.

Being unreliable, fucking up your job and causing heartache to your family and friends will occur just as easily when you have a mountain under your bed as it would if you have to steal for your next hit.

This whole thread just makes me depressed.

This bullshit has been going on for so long, I wonder if we'll ever see a logical approach. DRUGS is tattooed into everyones brains as a horrible thing, and those of us who aren't able to understand complicated issues (as this is definitely a complicated issue) will never quite make that leap.

I fear there will never be enough people properly educated about this situation for it to ever change, or at least I fear it will take FAR longer than I had once hoped.

Lindsay Lohan, Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith, Robert Downy Jr, Joaquin Phoenix, Macaulay Culkin..... to name just a few. Do you think they had any troubles sourcing their drug of choice or paying cash up front?

And what drugs were they taking, Cocain, propofol and benzos? hmmm mostly sleeping meds mixed with uppers no wonder they had problems. Opiates in there pure forms are not so taxing on the human body but who knows what comes in street heroin/pills and they wonder why they get sick and fucked up. There have been studies on Heroin where they give the addicts 2 shots per day and guess what, they function like a normal human being shock horror how that can happen. The something would happen if they scripted addicts their opiate DOC and YES some would abuse it but it would be a user pay system like sub/meth is and that is their choice if they want to use higher and higher amounts but for those that just want to keep it under control and not get sick it would be very beneficial.

The fact remains all of those above were/are scripted their drug of choice, yet their life at times turned into a shambles. Free access to your DOC does not mean you are free of the bad consequences of addiction.

Macaulay Culkin has a rumoured $6000 a month oxy/heroin habit. He is worth millions, never has to work again in his life yet most people are predicting he will be dead in the next year or two unless he gets sober.

Last edited:
I know people who are unreliable and cause heartache to their families and friends are they don't even take drugs. Messed up people will always do messed up things whether they take something or not. It's like saying smoking weed makes you lazy and stupid hmmm could it be the person was already stupid and lazy to begin with? I think so and they just use the pot as an excuse. Like saying violent video games makes me violent and want to shoot people.

But look what they were taking! Not just 1 drug at a time either. Didn't Anna Nichole Smith have 5 different substances in her body when she died? Robert Downy JR drank and did coke a shit load together, its no wonder they all got messed up. And Michael Jackson was taking a IV amnestic agent on top of who knows what else.

Maybe it won't help some people but it would help a lot of others who just want to be stable and not worry about it. I haven't had to worry about it in 7 years but I know that it wont last and currently my life is perfect and I have everything I could wish for but I'm dependent on a substance and I know if it gets taken away and I'm forced to get sick I will lose what I have built because of stupid laws regarding a natural plant and corporate greed.

Last edited:
Who's to say those "accidental" deaths weren't suicide? And you're the only holier than thou poster that I see on these forums regularly.

The Chinese weren't the problem, it was the British. Sounds like it should be right you your alley.

The coroner usually.

I'm not against recreational use if that's what you want but enabling people to feed an addiction is not in societies best interest. It was said that if addicts were given unfetted supply of their doc, all their worries would be gone. I've given you plenty of examples where that isn't the case. Why condemn addicts and their families to the prison that is addiction? What do you tell your child when he asks if you can go to Disneyland? Sorry son, can't leave the warm safety net of my friendly local pharmacist for more then 3 days?

And what drugs were they taking, Cocain, propofol and benzos? hmmm mostly sleeping meds mixed with uppers no wonder they had problems. Opiates in there pure forms are not so taxing on the human body but who knows what comes in street heroin/pills and they wonder why they get sick and fucked up. There have been studies on Heroin where they give the addicts 2 shots per day and guess what, they function like a normal human being shock horror how that can happen. The something would happen if they scripted addicts their opiate DOC and YES some would abuse it but it would be a user pay system like sub/meth is and that is their choice if they want to use higher and higher amounts but for those that just want to keep it under control and not get sick it would be very beneficial.

There have been studies. source? Do you honestly think its in societys best interests to allow heroin addiction? for every functioning addict there will be many more that are nothing but a burden to the rest of us.

I'll reply to your post in the next couple days olddirtybizza, just too tired atm about to go to bed so don't have time for a length post and unlucky your post accidently disappearing, It's happened to me before on this site so I feel your pain.

That doesn't explain the countless high flyers and Hollywood elite who get into serious addiction issues despite no problems with accessing high quality and high purity drugs.

Being unreliable, fucking up your job and causing heartache to your family and friends will occur just as easily when you have a mountain under your bed as it would if you have to steal for your next hit.

I think this is a very good point, sometimes it seems a bit idealistic of us to underestimate how powerful these addictions are, I guess the counter argument when referring to opiates is that my understanding is it can be quite achievable for people to live their lives normally despite having a serious addiction. As long as they get there hit or two a day they can go on functioning normally and being a productive member of society. The problem with us allowing this with legalization would be that this doesn't address the serious health side of heavy opiate addiction.

I guess the ultimate question is, would the amount of addicts increase or decrease with legalization? IMO the overall use would most definitely increase but I'd suspect abuse would stay much the same (maybe increase marginally, I don't think it would affect most people though). But at least if it was legalized we could get rid of the pesky criminal issue of it, and arguments between addicts and friends/family members would be more in the open and the chances for family members stepping in for someone to cut back before they get addicted would be more common. As I've said, I believe legalization of all drugs should be a goal we countries strive to achieve, but we'd be foolish not to recognize the problems that will arise from doing so, so that hopefully we can prepare ourselves appropriately.

There have been studies. source? Do you honestly think its in societys best interests to allow heroin addiction? for every functioning addict there will be many more that are nothing but a burden to the rest of us.

Yet we freely allow methadone & buprenorphine addiction for every functioning addict that wants it. Must be such a burden to you. 8(

The coroner usually.

I'm not against recreational use if that's what you want but enabling people to feed an addiction is not in societies best interest. It was said that if addicts were given unfetted supply of their doc, all their worries would be gone. I've given you plenty of examples where that isn't the case. Why condemn addicts and their families to the prison that is addiction? What do you tell your child when he asks if you can go to Disneyland? Sorry son, can't leave the warm safety net of my friendly local pharmacist for more then 3 days?

I get more than that, and I've been able to get pills for month long trips before. I guess it depends on how you present yourself, what kind of person you are, and the level of trust between a patient and a doctor. Also, I'd never go to Disneyland, there's plenty of places in Australia that I've taken my children to and will continue to do so.

A coroner isn't able to prove shit. Say there were multiple drugs in the system instead of a gunshot wound to the head. How can he possible say it was suicide. Accidental overdose, especially to well-liked public figures/celebrities.

I understand your opinion, and I completely disagree. We have lived totally different lives and have had totally different experiences with the world. They are both just as real, but obviously they are completely different. You shouldn't judge people if you haven't walked a mile in their shoes, unless of course, you really wanted their shoes.

Last edited:
Opi8 that's exactly my point. Already your addiction is having an effect on your family. I've taken my kids to movie world and dream world, and as much as they had a good time they know damn well it isn't a patch on Disneyland. Addiction is a yoke around ones neck. If you are a daily user do you then decide to drive on drugs to drop your kids at school or do you make them walk in the rain because you are too high to get behind the wheel? Suddenly it isn't just your problem but your kids.

You will create a underclass of families that are trapped in the cycle if you make it acceptable to be an addict.

If they already have an addiction then what is the problem, we give out Methadone/suboxone to keep them stable and functioning but still dependent. Instead they would get their 2 shots of heroin per day and get on with life. There will always be people who are a burden on society whether drugs are in the picture or not but this could help a lot of people get some stability in their lives so they can return to a somewhat normal routine.

The studies in Switzerland, Canada and a few other European countries have proven giving Heroin to Heroin addicts is FAR more effective than methadone/suboxone in terms of cost and quality of life.

1: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa0810635

2.: http://www.psmag.com/science/vancouvers-free-heroin-injection-clinic-58029/

Last edited:
Opi8 that's exactly my point. Already your addiction is having an effect on your family. I've taken my kids to movie world and dream world, and as much as they had a good time they know damn well it isn't a patch on Disneyland. Addiction is a yoke around ones neck. If you are a daily user do you then decide to drive on drugs to drop your kids at school or do you make them walk in the rain because you are too high to get behind the wheel? Suddenly it isn't just your problem but your kids.

You will create a underclass of families that are trapped in the cycle if you make it acceptable to be an addict.

It's a rope around ones neck because of the government fear mongering people into believing drugs are bad and destructive therefore addicts can't get the appropriate treatment they need so they can get on with their lives. Methadone/Suboxone/Sober living is not for everyone. Instead we are looked down upon like we are the underclass, horrible people who should be thrown in jail or shunned by society because we got dependent on a substance which we can't have free access to due to stupid laws and sensational media coverage.

If one had a script of their opiate then they could travel anywhere and not have to worry about, but noooo that's not allowed because...because...

One doesn't have to be trapped in the cycle if its given to them, look how methadone/suboxone works for some people, no longer do they have to worry about it so they return to normal living etc etc same thing would happen if given their opiate DOC instead. YES some would abuse it but the majority shouldn't be punished for the minority.

You are missing the point Jean, the fact that you need your drug of choice daily is the rope around your neck. What is stopping you from only using on the weekend or from time to time? What employer would want you working while under influence of drugs? Your life is limited because of your addiction whether you like it or not.