• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

November Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. It's Fall! Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I hate that Trump got elected. I voted for Johnson though.

Eh, Captain, you live in Cali so I won't hold it against you. :) Actually, I was going to vote for Johnson (I still have a GJ sticker on my car that reads "NO TRUMP NO HILLARY, VOTE JOHNSON" even after he bombed the Aleppo question, but I couldn't do it after he bombed the "name your favorite world leader" question. I'm disappointed by him because both candidates were so flawed that I hoped he would be the person to lead the charge to make a third party politically credible. Even though Ross Perot (I voted for him in 1992) turned out to be a complete nutcase, he was enough of a political force that a Reform Party candidate (Jesse Ventura, who turned out to be a nutcase too) was elected a governor in 1998.

Johnson is a moron. In the primaries I voted for Petersen.

Got stuck with Johnson because that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Getting clean is the best feeling I have ever felt in my life. For the first time since I was 15 years old (I'm 28 now) I feel like a normal human being. I am no longer numb.

I am really getting my shit together finally and I am so damn proud of myself. It's only getting better. I'm only on Day 10 of my current taper drop, but there is no stopping me now. I was in the hundreds of milligrams of oxy's and also sniffing china white all day every day. This went on for 4 years.

I presently take 20mg oxycodone 12 hours apart, and this coming week I am moving down to 20mg. I can't wait to be free, but I already feel like I am. I know I'm going to beat it, and I will bounce back and stronger and tougher man than ever before. After all the misery, torture and hell of this nightmare of a withdrawal that felt like I was just taking shit kicking after shit kicking from Satan himself, nothing can even phase me anymore it seems. My ex girlfriend stopped by since she refuses to stop trying to get me back, and a verbal fight ensued. A really bad when, she insulted me a lot and she was very clearly coked up. She has also been offering me free Dilaudid pills that I will either sniff or inject, because she does not want to see me get better, as she knows I will be an engineer with someone new. But it's like... once I calmed down from the panic attack, it just didn't phase me.

It's the best feeling I have ever felt in my whole entire life, and all it is, is just feeling human again. It's wonderful, absolutely wonderful not to be numb. I have excruciating chronic pain in my spine as well, that is what led me down this path in the beginning, but that doesn't even really bother me too much either. I'm just so grateful to be clean and so proud of my progress. I spent a lot of money on healthy foods and supplements, that normally would have gone to a single day of oxycodone. I was taking massive doses for my tolerance and getting sick 3 hours later. It completely ruined my life for those 4 years, especially in the later stages.

I am going to be posting in Sober Living more often once I am completely clean, which should be in just a couple weeks. I will still need a little benzo for my panic disorder, but I'm working on that too and I don't have the same self control issues with those as they don't get me high when I take them for horrific panic attacks.

I made a recovery channel on youtube (anonymous, face covered) if anyone is interested to see the transformation. I was reading emails I sent to friends a little while ago, and it doesn't even sound like me. It's like I'm reading emails from somebody else that I don't recall ever writing. It's crazy... I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. I want to jump for joy and I would if it wasn't for my damn back. It's the best feeling I have ever felt in my whole entire life and it's just feeling normal, that's it. Normal and well without all these fucking drugs.

Maybe I will post more here once I am completely clean, even though I am tapering harshly and taking shit kickings day after day. It's just that, I feel like I could be judged for still using a little bit while choosing to taper. I posted something in Other Drugs section and I was insulted really harshly by another member of the community. I contacted some mods about it, because I was really hurt by the insults that totally caught me off guard, but I feel like in Other Drugs section I was ridiculed and judged for getting clean. I really wasn't expecting that from another member of the community. I'm actually furious that the mods didn't give him a warning as he very obviously deserved one for writing me an essay of insults over 2 sentences that were a little out of context - but again, nothing can really phase me anymore. I just don't want to be posting in the wrong sections and pissing other people off. I consider myself clean as my doses are just slight taper ones for relief, as I have chronic pain and it would be too hard on my body to go cold turkey. I haven't been high in a long time and I've been tapering for months. I usually post in the dark side helping other get clean too : )

You don't have to be "clean" to contribute quality stuff to SL. Abstinence might seem pretty black and white, but try and remember that sobriety is first and foremost a state of mind. Try not to be so hard on yourself. I would personally be honored to have you gracing us with more of your presence. Think it over, your time and energy would certainly be appreciated. More than you know :)

Weird experience yesterday... My main connect from when I was using came up to me (we live on the same street). She asked about local suboxone options, saying she wants to get out of the addict life. I told her what I know about it and told her I'm cleaning up for real. She got all emotional, saying I should be super proud and that she would try not to bother me.

I know she may have been simply trying to get me back in her pocket. But I don't think so. I've known her a long time, and she's always been a decent person. I think she actually wants to get clean.

Anyhow, there's nothing more I can do about it, so I should quit thinking about the interaction. But it *did* trigger me. I've been playing it over in my head ever since. I'm not in a precarious spot over the incident. Just a bit rattled.

I've got 5 days today. Finally feeling normal again. Lost a good job with this last drinking relapse binge I went on so I'm pretty bummed about that, but I'm actually very happy as I definitely needed a wake up call. I can't keep doing this shit. I am willing to do whatever it takes this time. I threw away all my hash oil as I know that if I use it, I will eventually be back to drinking or taking other chems and eventually spiral out of control.

I went to a temp service yesterday who are gonna send me somewhere to work once my background comes back, but I got a call this morning for an interview tomorrow for a better job. I really hope I get that one, but either way I should be getting back to work soon which I desperately need to do. I've gotten clean/sober so many times but I really feel like this time I have to do whatever it takes to stay that way. I have so many things in my life out of order that I need to take care of. I also just want to be a better person and contribute more positively to the world around me.

I too need a job. I have a connection at my local family against narcotics meeting. I just worry about the laziness n lack of energy lately. It's almost scared me to the point of giving up on it but I plan to get the required resume in as soon as I can.

They kinda look up to me there. Flint MI is pretty rough as many know, and I'm decent story coming out of rehab this past August.

Last meeting another one of the family's children came. He's around my age. Early 30's. Poor guy was in rough shape, but somehow he's starting a job .
Idk how he's doing it. Coming off the crap I did, hard CNS depressants, I'm still struggling to find my way. It's weird too I think I know him from somewhere. I'll hafta be careful.

Keep having wicked vibrant dreams...

Doesn't help I've got court for a case where I'm facing a felony for my own damn sub I was Rx'd. It's a rural county n they are trying everything to make it stick. No one even checked the lot numbers .

But I'm trying to exercise, gain weight back, and try my best to stand the cold again. That parts tough wow!! I remember u saying that too Capt. Been loving FF exvius lately, but I know I need to stay active too. I can't vape my pot anymore due to court and my volcano finally broke.... I needed a break anyway I was very very heavily smoking and all.

I like your guys posts tho. That ex situation has to be rough. Mines pregnant lol its a weird thing to hear. Not mine tho obviously.

Gonna try going to a movie later this week. I'll try to post back on how it goes.

Stay strong everyone.

I hope everyone's doing well today. Here's hoping for another day without using.

I hope everyone's doing well today. Here's hoping for another day without using.

agreed!

I'm going to get through today and it's going to be awesome to be done with today. Lots of stuff going on in my life. Very stressful.

Blurgh... lots of using thoughts on my mind today. It's been a while since they were like this.

It's weird how suggestible I am these days. For example, yesterday I was raking leaves in my front yard when I found an empty dope bag (my street has a lot of drug use and selling) on the sidewalk. It still had a tiny dusting of residue in it and I gave it a good smell. That really set me off.

I'm OK; not gonna use. But I am going out for a walk now to try to get these ideas out of my head.

Hey simco I've about had the same happen.. Couple syringes and and recently found the Halloween colored packs. I actually didn't fuck w them at all and I got a glove n tossed the syringe.

Stay strong man.. I keep having insane strong using dreams. But its something we gotta deal w to be able to say we were strong in the face of adversity!

Much love n keep on!

Halloween colored stamp bags? LOL FML I do miss collecting differents, well, kinda. . . ;)

Hey simco I've about had the same happen.. Couple syringes and and recently found the Halloween colored packs. I actually didn't fuck w them at all and I got a glove n tossed the syringe.

Stay strong man.. I keep having insane strong using dreams. But its something we gotta deal w to be able to say we were strong in the face of adversity!

Much love n keep on!

thanks, man. just got back from a walk and am feeling better.

good luck today, everyone!

Toothpaste: yea they do colors for holidays. Crazy huh. It's s common thing w Flint and Detroit if it's packs.

Simco: Eventually try a jog... If your my size or smaller u can do it with practice.
You get a "runner's high" from all the endorphins and dopamine once you get good at it. My friend from rehab down by Detroit said it's like no other and even gave a nice speech on it for us.
Mine came from trying my hardest in volleyball. I was in residential for 14 days and a few hours. Towards the end I switched from mostly horseshoes which I got hit in the foot by one. A previous injury foot too lol but I made it...
But the volleyball. You shoulda seen me
I'm a pale ass ginger lol. Tall tho n lanky arms. I got burnt n had to makea guy gimme his sunglasses. But... I sucked at first except serving. I'm a champ at high up serving, they kept bumping it wrong.
But my striking skills were sub par from the prolonged wd from benzos n subs. Among other stupid shit.
As time went on... I was really the best player along w another guy. Just can't dive well.
It was so fun an hour would go by like nothing n we'd all be covered in sand lol.

We gave rehab redos on bad serves too it was funny.

I wasn't the only one who said of all things that was the most therapeutic thing we did, 100%!!

"Red smash that shit!!". Bam. Rotate . "14 serving 3" haha.

And even brisk walks and talking along the way.

It even built confidence. I ran that shit my last week man! I even got some fuck moved outta my room cuz he snuck shit in... The dick wad.

Making cook ups I had the best shit too

It was a snap into the whole... "Omg I can actually enjoy my life, I don't need to just do drugs n die..."
So I can't stress enough... Stay hydrated. Stay active. Eat well and often as possible. Next thing you know yur muscles finally get bigger again.

It's really so much better than the addiction and active using.

I get bad cravings during sleep and if I seem to drink too much. I'm actually gonna stop that 100%. I keep getting hangovers when I do drink. Screw drinking. I think weed can be a much better release if you can do it. I'm facing circuit court and don't wanna push it.

Today I'm on a lil pink cloud after exercise n stuff.

Hope you can see the future and feel good about it man.

BTW Capt I hope yur doing well man I was thinking about you alot past few months n wondered about that taper n all. Sure hope life is good my friend .

Stay safe you guys. Much love

Just got back a little while ago from the gym and grocery shopping. Worked out with my personal trainer for about 50 minutes. She pushed me so hard I almost puked (my warmup was also too intense - there was no need to run half a mile in 5 minutes), but at least I wasn't nauseous from being dopesick or having had too much booze!

Simco: Eventually try a jog... If your my size or smaller u can do it with practice.

I actually used to be a pretty serious runner. Alas, I injured myself and running was never quite the same. But I just got back from a brutal exercise class (yes, it's basically aerobics :\), and am feeling good. It's a beautiful day and my heart rate is back to normal after an hour of pushing myself hard.

Last edited:
Exercise is phenomenal in early recovery - truly works wonders! Be careful with alcohol @Slum Survivor - it's so easy to develop and addiction to booze or lose your inhibitions and relapse on your original DOC.

Just completed my second week without cigarettes :) I broke down and saw my doctor yesterday to get a referral to my old psychiatrist as I've been dealing with soul crushing depression and anxiety...since it's been two weeks and it's still getting worse I figured I would I'll get intervention now before it gets worse.

@Moreaux... congrats on getting out from under the cigarettes! But I'm so sorry to hear about the depression. Have you had success treating it in the past?

That's great moreaux! I myself have tried to quit cigarettes and failed numerous times. I would like to one day, but right now I just haven't. So congrats :)

Indeed, congratulations Moreaux! I know the feeling.. Best of luck
You have conquered so much in the past 6 years, you'll get this.

Status
Not open for further replies.