• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

November Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. It's Fall! Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can really see how getting a sponsor could be a huge help. Really does seem like one of the best things the 12-step fellowships have going for them. Unfortunately, I haven't found a guy I feel comfortable with. A couple years ago (when I was really working the NA program) I let someone foist a sponsor on me and that turned into a disaster. Since then I've been pretty gun shy. Maybe I should look more carefully. Even as things were going down yesterday I was thinking how I wished there was someone I could call and lean on.

Even just a close frieND or family member you can call would work the same. I am an advocate of taking the good stuff from the 12 steps while leaving the trash.

Even just a close frieND or family member you can call would work the same. I am an advocate of taking the good stuff from the 12 steps while leaving the trash.

Yeah, I'm super lucky--I've got a great friend and an aunt who really care about my recovery and are fairly non-judgmental; I talk to both of them often. And of course, talking with them is great because they really know me as a person. But when shit gets really dark, I do back away from talking to them. Pride gets in the way, etc. Neither of them has had addiction problems (though they are both very open-minded), so there are some things that I feel weird bringing up with them... maybe the weight is on me to quit feeling weird about it, though. I'm so lucky to have great people in my life.

Yeah, I'm super lucky--I've got a great friend and an aunt who really care about my recovery and are fairly non-judgmental; I talk to both of them often. And of course, talking with them is great because they really know me as a person. But when shit gets really dark, I do back away from talking to them. Pride gets in the way, etc. Neither of them has had addiction problems (though they are both very open-minded), so there are some things that I feel weird bringing up with them... maybe the weight is on me to quit feeling weird about it, though. I'm so lucky to have great people in my life.

I can totally understand that. That's why people suggest you get a sponsor or therapist someone you can lay your darkness on and it not matter.

Hoping this week will be better than last week for me. I could really use a little breathing room in terms of recovery. But, we don't get to choose. Crossing my fingers for all of us.

^ I am right there with you, Simco. I know it can't be rushed, but it gets exhausting feeling a bit shitty all the time.

- VE

Its been 4 days for me now clean my long taper paid off im feeling good. Its been two decades for me with oxys pill bottle in my pocket,
I feel like im reborn now with no cravings at all. best of luck to VE and Simco hope you too feel better soon you both deserve it!

Its been 4 days for me now clean my long taper paid off im feeling good. Its been two decades for me with oxys pill bottle in my pocket,
I feel like im reborn now with no cravings at all. best of luck to VE and Simco hope you too feel better soon you both deserve it!

Fuck yeah, TLD! So glad to hear the cravings aren't too bad. I forget, are you on any replacement meds?

Fuck yeah, TLD! So glad to hear the cravings aren't too bad. I forget, are you on any replacement meds?

Thanks Simco!!! I had lyrica and clonidine, and weed brownies. I had a 8mg sub all cut up down to 1mg and .5 mg pieces what a pita that was i also had a bottle with about 20 00 capsules of bali kratom ready.
I was home alone the first day and five hours after when i would have dosed oxy i was raising my arms saying bring it the fuck on im ready i was tired of waiting the waiting stressed me more. It never really came between my longass hell ween jumpin at low dose it had nothing for me that my lyrica clonidine and brownies couldnt beat down. I was stoned ass hell the first two days because that combo my only real symptoms were didnt really eat for three days (besides weed brownies and i had to wash them down with water), but drank Ensure got that good tip from C Guggles kept me strong and i also was like blacking out sleep for two or three hours here and there i mean without notice. Besides that some viscous yahns and rapid sneezing couple bouts of bad runs, during my taper i had tougher days. To answer your question i never touched the subs or kratom wasnt even a thought now im only doing two lyricas a day and tommorow im gonna do just one then none.

^^ Damn, TLD, that's solid. Congrats! And for the record, I totally agree: Ensure is the breakfast of dopesick champions. ;)

Mods: Can I post here about a current situation of someone getting clean.. i don't know where the best place is to post.

My bf is in like day 3/4 withdrawals. I wish I could tell you more but he's too ashamed to admit everything he's been doing.

Currently we have weaned him down to 50-80mg percs (10mg each pill).... I know his problem was opiates, just not certain which ones or how much. In September he was definitely injecting heroin, did tell me he quit that but I'm not sure. He's been known to abuse roxys on oxy possibly 150mg/day. But not everyday. I can't seem to get specifics from him. I do know he wants to stop, he even admitted to his mother he's been using and to myself. So currently at 50-80mg percs he is in heavy withdrawals, sweats, cold, hot, pains everywhere, back, can't close his hands, legs, very restless and sick sick sick....even at his current dosage. How long does this last, when should we do another cut back in dose? He wants to be completely off them. As early as July he was 100% sober, so although he hasn't been using long, he's been abusing lots in short amount of time. Any advice at all on dealing with the withdrawals, tips, what to expect would be helpful.

Please move to the right thread if this is not the place.

Mods: Can I post here about a current situation of someone getting clean.. i don't know where the best place is to post.

My bf is in like day 3/4 withdrawals. I wish I could tell you more but he's too ashamed to admit everything he's been doing.

Currently we have weaned him down to 50-80mg percs (10mg each pill).... I know his problem was opiates, just not certain which ones or how much. In September he was definitely injecting heroin, did tell me he quit that but I'm not sure. He's been known to abuse roxys on oxy possibly 150mg/day. But not everyday. I can't seem to get specifics from him. I do know he wants to stop, he even admitted to his mother he's been using and to myself. So currently at 50-80mg percs he is in heavy withdrawals, sweats, cold, hot, pains everywhere, back, can't close his hands, legs, very restless and sick sick sick....even at his current dosage. How long does this last, when should we do another cut back in dose? He wants to be completely off them. As early as July he was 100% sober, so although he hasn't been using long, he's been abusing lots in short amount of time. Any advice at all on dealing with the withdrawals, tips, what to expect would be helpful.

Please move to the right thread if this is not the place.

Broken he should taper at a slower rate so he only goes into partial withdrawals. I did my taper little by little takes a week to get stablized each time you reduce but i went to work with every taper. Its tough but very doable must take your time each week i stablized the next week i cut more i worked my way down from much higher doses of oxy then him and in the end had hardly no withdrawals after 20 years on oxy. Lyrica and clonidine are key factors when finally jumping. If you want look at my thread called (16 years oxy user working up plan to get off for good please help have questions) for good info also lots of great folks here with good info best of luck to him

He can't go at a lower rate unless he"sees the man" & that would not go as planned. I personally have 10mg percs for neck n back injury that I rarely use, only as needed basis. So that supply has been dug into and cannot re up until Dec 7th... I don't even think there's enough for a full week. So he's trying to avoid seeing the dope man. Like he really wants nothing to do with it. He told his mother since he's staying there for the time (my son can't see him sick like this) & basically since he owns his own business, he was like working all day just to get money to support his habit. Since he's realized he was throwing the money away, he decided to try n go cold turkey, miss work a few days and get out if the cycle. Cold turkey went out the window when he was having midnight pains n sweats and couldn't handle it, so that's how we got to the 50-80mg/day.

If you want look at my thread called (16 years oxy user working up plan to get off for good please help have questions) for good info also lots of great folks here with good info best of luck to him

Sry for dbl posting... forgot to respond to the thread suggestion....can't edit from mobile phone. Grrrr will that ever get fixed????

Thank you for the thread advice, any way you can link it so I'm not just aimlessly digging around...kind of a pain on my mobile. I would really like to venture into that thread and read about it some advice on homeopathic methods or things to restore energy, senses etc... he's become numb to enjoying anything except the opiates... even things he used to love. I know this will take time to rebuild, I understand how the receptors work and dopamine into the synaptic cleft.... (I know it sounds cruel, but while he has dreaded this day...I've prayed for it. Can't wait to have my actual bf back instead of watching him nod and drop cigarettes all night.)so I've been doing my research on effects .... but now we ar here and I don't know how to help him. I hate seeing him hurt, like I wish I could take his pain from him physically.

Sry for dbl posting... forgot to respond to the thread suggestion....can't edit from mobile phone. Grrrr will that ever get fixed????

Thank you for the thread advice, any way you can link it so I'm not just aimlessly digging around...kind of a pain on my mobile. I would really like to venture into that thread and read about it some advice on homeopathic methods or things to restore energy, senses etc... he's become numb to enjoying anything except the opiates... even things he used to love. I know this will take time to rebuild, I understand how the receptors work and dopamine into the synaptic cleft.... (I know it sounds cruel, but while he has dreaded this day...I've prayed for it. Can't wait to have my actual bf back instead of watching him nod and drop cigarettes all night.)so I've been doing my research on effects .... but now we ar here and I don't know how to help him. I hate seeing him hurt, like I wish I could take his pain from him physically.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...o-get-off-for-good-please-help-have-questions

Status
Not open for further replies.