• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Nothing stop this depression.

I used to be really depressed. And drugs don't really help. Weed can I guess a bit but it's different for everyone. Do you listen to meditation music/lofi when you sleep? I've found that it really helped when I had depression, I woke up a bit happier and less sad. Exercise can make a huge difference if you have the time. A 30-60 minute walk especially in nature can do you a lot of good. But I do suggest therapy being your first step, a good therapist can help you beat depression. I'm glad you're reaching out before letting things get worse. Hopefully things will get better for you, happiness is not impossible :)

I've never really tried meditation. I often fall asleep listening to talks on YouTube about current affairs like the wars in Ukraine and Gaza. Maybe I should look for something more cheerful.

I too have been dealing with a pretty heavy depression recently, as stupid as it sounds one thing that weighs down on me way more than it should is my hair loss (29 y/o male, been thinning a couple years now). my hair has thinned a ton on top and it makes me feel like the center of attention anytime I go somewhere without a hat because I haven't had the courage to just cut the shit off and accept the bald/shaved life. With a hat on, it's not really noticeable so it's become a band-aid for the wound at this point. I'm a decent looking guy but the hair loss makes me look ridiculous so it's been digging at my ego making me feel like lesser of a person if that makes sense. On top of all that my drug abuse and depression has made me neglect all of my friendships, burned a couple bridges borrowing money. I almost never go anywhere or talk to anyone and haven't done so for most of the last year and a half. Part of my reason for that was because I knew I wasn't capable of being a good friend to someone in the state I was in, the demon growing inside me would have just borrowed or stolen from them. I skip out of family get togethers for holidays because I'm so disappointed and depressed with how my life is going right now that the last thing I wanna hear from my extended family is "So what you been up to? Where ya workin at?"

I got a random snapchat from a buddy of a big ole prescription bottle of oxy 30's about a year-year and a half or so ago and it woke a demon inside of me, gave me an escape from my feelings. I had a really bad prescription oxy habit back in 2018 where I was doing 10-15 30's a day for like 9 months, After I had blown just about all of the 90k in my safe on ket and blues, up until this point I was completely against using fentanyl in any way shape or form, but I was now vulnerable and too broke to support my prescription pill habit. A friend had put me on to someone to sell me fetty powder and i rode that out for a bit until I was completely broke. I then detoxed cold turkey with no feel-good meds at all.

Fast forward to present and I've now been in suboxone treatment for about 14 months, definitely had my fair share of relapses and benders throughout, I actually just detoxed off my last fent dose yesterday and last night (been doing the fake ass blues but only thing i can really access for cheap at the moment, people charging $40-50 a pop for pharm blues by me). I took about 1200 mg of Gabapentin and took a total of like 4 100 mg Trazadone over the course of my detox which turned out to be more than I needed because I was quite dizzy moving around when I got up. It was very difficult to not cave and go see my dealer but I guess God was on my side last night when he made my dealer fall asleep because I wouldn't have remained sober otherwise lol...

I definitely don't want to be on suboxone for any longer than I need to. I was going to try and just get through this shit without the suboxone as it had been a few weeks since my last dose, but I caved and snorted 4mg of sub to get rid of the mental anguish and other side effects the gaba and traz wasn't helping with.
Any time I express concerns to my doc about being on suboxone for a long time he literally has nothing to say, like I've brought it up at my appointments a few times and I don't even remember him trying to answer it, he would either change the subject, or simply not answer.

My relapses feel pretty correlated with my depression. In fact, my most recent relapse was towards the beginning of the month. I felt extremely suicidal and had a complete lack of enjoyment and love for life, still do to an extent but I don't feel very suicidal at the moment at least.
I fucked off and spent basically my entire 20's partying, going to festivals and hustling. Never had a job besides a couple odd bullshit ones during that time. I'm in this parasitic cycle at the moment where I really need a job to keep me busy but it gives me money I can get high with. My most recent jobs have been in restaurants either running food or serving.
I'd love to return to serving but my anxiety is so bad that half of the reason I started using again a year and a half ago is because I worked a night on a prescription 30 and I was so in the zone and personable I had the best night in tips I had ever had.
I'm also very vulnerable as soon as I get my hands on cash and am hesitant to work another job that leaves you with cash at the end of the day. It became a ritual for me to head straight to my dealer after work.

The clinic I go to just recently finally hired a therapist, I had a zoom meeting scheduled with him but I was withdrawing so badly at the time that I missed the appointment so I need to get that going because I think it will really help me. Bluelight has been a huge help for me recently, don't know why I didn't think to come here for support sooner, used to browse this site a ton before I was actually a complete addict.

My DM's are always open if anyone has any questions about my experience or just need someone to talk to. Much love everybody, I wish you all the best in your struggles, we got this!

Last edited:
I had recently been very depressed up until say mid December. Since then I've done 3g of Ketamine and my depression/anxiety is gone completely. I feel like someone has pushed a button in my head and mentally reset me.
Yeah I am personally way overdue for a good introspective trip whether that be Ket, mushrooms, dmt, or LSD.
I haven't used psychedelics much the past year or two maybe three, besides a bit of ket here and there last year. Opiates turned me into a hermit
I've definitely had quite of a few trips where I was disappointed in my drug use and either cut back or quit afterwards, so I'd say having a trip in a safe place is one of the best things you can do for yourself when feeling lost or hopeless.

I too have been dealing with a pretty heavy depression recently, as stupid as it sounds one thing that weighs down on me way more than it should is my hair loss (29 y/o male, been thinning a couple years now). my hair has thinned a ton on top and it makes me feel like the center of attention anytime I go somewhere without a hat because I haven't had the courage to just cut the shit off and accept the bald/shaved life. With a hat on, it's not really noticeable so it's become a band-aid for the wound at this point. I'm a decent looking guy but the hair loss makes me look ridiculous so it's been digging at my ego making me feel like lesser of a person if that makes sense. On top of all that my drug abuse and depression has made me neglect all of my friendships, burned a couple bridges borrowing money. I almost never go anywhere or talk to anyone and haven't done so for most of the last year and a half. Part of my reason for that was because I knew I wasn't capable of being a good friend to someone in the state I was in, the demon growing inside me would have just borrowed or stolen from them. I skip out of family get togethers for holidays because I'm so disappointed and depressed with how my life is going right now that the last thing I wanna hear from my extended family is "So what you been up to? Where ya workin at?"

I got a random snapchat from a buddy of a big ole prescription bottle of oxy 30's about a year-year and a half or so ago and it woke a demon inside of me, gave me an escape from my feelings. I had a really bad prescription oxy habit back in 2018 where I was doing 10-15 30's a day for like 9 months, After I had blown just about all of the 90k in my safe on ket and blues, up until this point I was completely against using fentanyl in any way shape or form, but I was now vulnerable and too broke to support my prescription pill habit. A friend had put me on to someone to sell me fetty powder and i rode that out for a bit until I was completely broke. I then detoxed cold turkey with no feel-good meds at all.

Fast forward to present and I've now been in suboxone treatment for about 14 months, definitely had my fair share of relapses and benders throughout, I actually just detoxed off my last fent dose yesterday and last night (been doing the fake ass blues but only thing i can really access for cheap at the moment, people charging $40-50 a pop for pharm blues by me). I took about 1200 mg of Gabapentin and took a total of like 4 100 mg Trazadone over the course of my detox which turned out to be more than I needed because I was quite dizzy moving around when I got up. It was very difficult to not cave and go see my dealer but I guess God was on my side last night when he made my dealer fall asleep because I wouldn't have remained sober otherwise lol...

I definitely don't want to be on suboxone for any longer than I need to. I was going to try and just get through this shit without the suboxone as it had been a few weeks since my last dose, but I caved and snorted 4mg of sub to get rid of the mental anguish and other side effects the gaba and traz wasn't helping with.
Any time I express concerns to my doc about being on suboxone for a long time he literally has nothing to say, like I've brought it up at my appointments a few times and I don't even remember him trying to answer it, he would either change the subject, or simply not answer.

My relapses feel pretty correlated with my depression. In fact, my most recent relapse was towards the beginning of the month. I felt extremely suicidal and had a complete lack of enjoyment and love for life, still do to an extent but I don't feel very suicidal at the moment at least.
I fucked off and spent basically my entire 20's partying, going to festivals and hustling. Never had a job besides a couple odd bullshit ones during that time. I'm in this parasitic cycle at the moment where I really need something to do to keep me busy. My most recent jobs have been in restaurants either running food or serving.
I'd love to return to serving but my anxiety is so bad that half of the reason I started using again a year and a half ago is because I worked a night on a prescription 30 and I was so in the zone and personable I had the best night in tips I had ever had.
I'm also very vulnerable as soon as I get my hands on cash and am hesitant to work another job that leaves you with cash at the end of the day. It became a ritual for me to head straight to my dealer after work.

The clinic I go to just recently finally hired a therapist, I had a zoom meeting scheduled with him but I was withdrawing so badly at the time that I missed the appointment so I need to get that going because I think it will really help me. Bluelight has been a huge help for me recently, don't know why I didn't think to come here for support sooner, used to browse this site a ton before I was actually a complete addict.

My DM's are always open if anyone has any questions about my experience or just need someone to talk to. Much love everybody, I wish you all the best in your struggles, we got this!
That's a lot of struggling you've been through. And you survived.

That's a lot of struggling you've been through. And you survived. Maybe staying on the suboxone indefinitely, for now at least, might be in your best interests. Depression does make a person vulnerable to falling back on old bad habits.
I'm sorry the hair loss is getting you so discouraged. Sean Connery (007 in James Bond movies) wore a hairpiece in many of his films, starting with his early films. It didn't subtract from his charisma.

I woke up in hell. Suicidal thoughts and rage haunting every waking thought until I found the courage to drag myself onto a trail where nature proceeded to rewrite my consciousness to the point I feel a complete 180 shift to a positive space now

I can say it was a natural miracle but the war is far from over.

That sick hellish psychological pit I was ripped out from due to nature in and around me thank medicinal herbs and the forest for giving me the gift of peace today

I woke up in hell. Suicidal thoughts and rage haunting every waking thought until I found the courage to drag myself onto a trail where nature proceeded to rewrite my consciousness to the point I feel a complete 180 shift to a positive space now

I can say it was a natural miracle but the war is far from over.

That sick hellish psychological pit I was ripped out from due to nature in and around me thank medicinal herbs and the forest for giving me the gift of peace today
That was a good experience for you. I've been tiptoeing around the outskirts of hell, afraid of getting sucked deeper in. I gotta get a break from this fairly soon. Going to nature sounds good. Right now I can't get off the couch.

Happy to say I've been doing a ton better the past two days (perhaps i'm just manic atm lol) now that I at least got bupe riding my receptors. Think I'm gonna just use these subs as sparingly as possible and start working on a taper plan or use the time to stock up on wellness supplies and feel good meds for a cold turkey assault.
Going to nature sounds good. Right now I can't get off the couch.
Man, if I could find the energy to go for walks and things like that in withdrawal I'd have probably walked that shit off by now, I just can't ever for the life of me bring myself to get up and do it even though I know it will likely help immensely. I can't fuckin imagine dealing with homelessness in this mess. No bed to wallow away in, no privacy to go thru it in...

Happy to say I've been doing a ton better the past two days (perhaps i'm just manic atm lol) now that I at least got bupe riding my receptors. Think I'm gonna just use these subs as sparingly as possible and start working on a taper plan or use the time to stock up on wellness supplies and feel good meds for a cold turkey assault.

Man, if I could find the energy to go for walks and things like that in withdrawal I'd have probably walked that shit off by now, I just can't ever for the life of me bring myself to get up and do it even though I know it will likely help immensely. I can't fuckin imagine dealing with homelessness in this mess. No bed to wallow away in, no privacy to go thru it in...
It will help tremendously hey. I try and go for a 20-30 minute walk every single day. I hate myself for it sometimes and have agoraphobia, but I still do it 99.9% of the time, just to get out of the house and get some O2 flowing.

I've never really tried meditation. I often fall asleep listening to talks on YouTube about current affairs like the wars in Ukraine and Gaza. Maybe I should look for something more cheerful.
Honestly, my media intake is huge. Even at night sometimes. Very easy to slip into depression when you're taking it all in. Gotta stop myself especially when I wake up and before bed. It can really trigger depression.

P

Get some good headphones, find your favorite song, turn up the volume and tune out the world. Music gives me energy to walk or excersize, and helps occupy my mind from dumb anxious thoughts

It gets better. It took me over a year to wake up with the desire to walk my dog vs stay in bed a few more hours.

Yes. Social isolation is my problem. It's obvious - even to me - what I need to do about it. I need to stay well long enough to find some things to commit to and start participating. I'm having very little well-time, in between these episodes of depression. Next time I come out of this, I better not waste a minute and find something right away to join. Past few days, it's been a struggle to brush my teeth or go outside to my mailbox. When I finally brought the mail in, I didn't even open it.

90 minutes ago, I was sobbing. 30 minutes ago, I took a double dose of Vicodin. Now I don't feel as bad as 90 minutes ago. It's a little relief. Nothing's been solved by those 2 tablets. I am in less pain mentally than I was in 90 minutes ago. I get these spasms of anguish that have me wishing I was dead. If I can't slow down these attacks, I don't think I can live with them. At this point, I ask myself "How am I gonna get thru the next hour?"

When i had depression i used opiates for it with some sucess. I don't have depression anymore which is maybe one reason why i didnt get readdicted to opiates after i kicked. Now i just use them for pain and to get high.

I totally get the social isolation thing as i don't have many friends here and we never catch up anymore. But i keep in contact with my friends on the net so its not so bad. Im used to being on my own anyway as i live in the middle of nowhere.

I don't have a pain issue really serious enough to require hydrocodone twice a day, everyday. However, I am habituated to the extent that I do experience withdrawal, if I go 36 hours without a dose. I look forward to every dose. Physically, my pains and aches feel eased up, and I feel better mentally.

I'm sorry you are having trouble finding help right now. You are right to fear the effect that withdrawal might have on your heart. Thank you for your post. I hope we find ways to get better.

Ya my pain right now probably isnt bad enough to warrant morphine but am i going to turn down a free morphine script? Fuck no lol.

For depression i would suggest trying ketamine or psychedelics. I personally found psychedelics to be better for depression then ketamine is but thats just me.

People give all this advice like "get a life/friends/etc.."... Which isn't a bad thing. But it also isn't going to solve a deep clinical depression.
I use to have all kinds of friends & went to parties & did all kinds of things in my late 20's and still had depression.
And although it makes me even more depressed not being able to do all those things now, it still isn't always the answer either.

Drugs absolutely can help. I spent 2 weeks recently on a full agonist and I got up & cleaned & interacted with people & did all kinds of shit that I wouldn't be able to tolerate normally. To me, that = helping.

Most people with chronic major depression are always going to be looking to medicate it away because not much else will help.
Anyone who says "Well I WAS depressed & now I'm not thanks to (insert non-drug options x, y & z here)" probably did not have a depression disorder to begin with.

Everyone gets depressed from time to time. Thats natural & normal. Just like it's normal for regular people to some times get anxious or have anxiety/phobias. But people without depression disorders will of course get better after some time & those with major depression disorder are going to have to live with it returning over & over & over again.

I understand this plight. No amount of social interaction or quitting anything will fix a major depressive disorder. It may fix some one who's depressed for regular reasons though. I've dealt with this for roughly 30 years now & it hasn't gotten much better, especially without drugs.

Being on a partial agonist opioid has toned down my intense urge to self destruct during depressive episodes, but my depression would be treated better with a full agonist.

I've done the whole psychedelics, dissos thing & while I do think they're valuable to use & have around from time to time, the anti-depressant effects only last a day or two (if that anymore) for me. It's not like they "cure" it or anything. Where as opiates are something I can utilize daily to try & function better. Although thanks to the ignorant society we live in, this isn't completely viable long term.

What are people's success with medical antidepressants? Every time I have tried SSRIs I get manic/aggressive/anxious. Never tried other classes.

What are people's success with medical antidepressants? Every time I have tried SSRIs I get manic/aggressive/anxious. Never tried other classes.
maybe do some reading on effexor (venlafaxine)
it is a snri
im on day 2 of 37mg and ill increase to 75mg tmrw and stay at that dosage for a month probably.

based on my reading it seems like one of the most promising antidepressants, especially for anxiety and low energy.

i am already not catastrophising about the future, and my heartbreak from my ex leaving me months ago is improved a lot already.

it just needs a really gradual and long taper when you want to discontinue.

and its taken with food in the morning generally, and propanolol 20-40mg can help with side effects like akathasia when starting a new dosage as needed.

i have bipolar so it could make me manic but i have olanzapine and seroquel on hand if it gets to that, i was near my ropes end before anyway.