• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Nothing stop this depression.

DesertHarp

Bluelighter
I'm very depressed. I just picked up a refill on my month's supply of Vicodin. It will help me a little. But not enough. I've started taking kratom. It hasn't helped much. I do think about suicide. Lately I've been using THC edibles to get to sleep. Sometimes with kratom. Knocks me out pretty good. But eventually I wake up. I keep waking up to a mind that knows no peace. The worst thing is being alone with this.

^^^ It will pass when the drugs all disappear. I promise you that. It takes a while but life is so very pure and blissful and so beautiful without drugs. Because you won't know that kind of agony anymore.

Neurontin, makes me so depressed and makes me want to just give up and just want to die. And makes me wonder if that that is actually a good thing as well.

Actually it makes me want to murder someone too. But I don't. I just scream. Mostly I just want to die on it. And can't even remember things. Like little mini zap blackouts. Disgusting ones.

See . . . some drugs just make you think that some how they are going to help and going to make you feel better. But they don't and never will. But I just keep trying and then they keep fooling all of the time, every time.

When they are just gone, you just won't have to have anything to be sad about anymore. Or keep worrying about them. Because you won't have to.
And believe me it won't kill you. Actually you will really be alive once again. Genuinely. And Really. Try it. You may like it too much.

Good Luck. Please just keep trying. You can. No one will stop you. It's beautiful. Believe me it just is. And then you WILL be fine. Try it you might like it. A lot !!!

And it really is all okay then. The drugs will just make it so much worse. And help everything along to make it even more terrible. And you just won't want to believe that it is possible but . . . . is it ever. And that's a complication that you don't really need. Serious you have to give this a try.

Take care of yourself. k. :cool:

:)

I don't have anyone to lean on. If I had some people in my life to be a source of moral support, the drugs wouldn't seem so important. When I'm around other people, and we're talking, I start to feel okay. It's like the conversation drowns out the sorrowful thoughts in my head. When I'm alone, that inner voice torments me. I want anything that might muffle it.

Pharmacy will not solve your problems.

Humans are social beings. "No man is an island" and all that. If you can't find local groups to meet up with, perhaps find a Discord server for a topic you like and get a headset and start voice chatting. Reach out to meet new people, and possibly form friendships.

Pharmacy will not solve your problems.

Humans are social beings. "No man is an island" and all that. If you can't find local groups to meet up with, perhaps find a Discord server for a topic you like and get a headset and start voice chatting. Reach out to meet new people, and possibly form friendships.
Yes. Social isolation is my problem. It's obvious - even to me - what I need to do about it. I need to stay well long enough to find some things to commit to and start participating. I'm having very little well-time, in between these episodes of depression. Next time I come out of this, I better not waste a minute and find something right away to join. Past few days, it's been a struggle to brush my teeth or go outside to my mailbox. When I finally brought the mail in, I didn't even open it.

90 minutes ago, I was sobbing. 30 minutes ago, I took a double dose of Vicodin. Now I don't feel as bad as 90 minutes ago. It's a little relief. Nothing's been solved by those 2 tablets. I am in less pain mentally than I was in 90 minutes ago. I get these spasms of anguish that have me wishing I was dead. If I can't slow down these attacks, I don't think I can live with them. At this point, I ask myself "How am I gonna get thru the next hour?"

I'm very depressed. I just picked up a refill on my month's supply of Vicodin. It will help me a little. But not enough. I've started taking kratom. It hasn't helped much. I do think about suicide. Lately I've been using THC edibles to get to sleep. Sometimes with kratom. Knocks me out pretty good. But eventually I wake up. I keep waking up to a mind that knows no peace. The worst thing is being alone with this.
May I ask if you truly need the opiates? Legit pain, or are you now using to keep WD away? I ask because I was dependent on opiates and went through similar situation. I ended up losing my medical coverage and had to go through WD. It took about 7 to 10 months to finally start feeling a little better, meaning less depression. Each day it got slightly better until I could actually laugh and smile again. I had no emotions except for depression during the journey, but after getting through the truly rough patch, things did get better. Now I am in the same situation with Kratom. I am currently trying to find a medically supervised detox to do it all over again. I really screwed up. But, since I have somewhat experienced it before, I have hope. It is not easy locating a place here in Sacramento without a car or public transient nearby. I have no body for a support group or anyone at all. I know hell will be here soon, and I want to find a place that can keep an eye on me while going through the steps. I have 3rd degree heartblock with a pacemaker, so I need to be sure to have someone nearby in case things go south. I am sorry you are going through this, and it is cliche to say, but you are not alone. I truly feel your pain. Please hang in there.

When they are just gone, you just won't have to have anything to be sad about anymore. Or keep worrying about them. Because you won't have to.
And believe me it won't kill you. Actually you will really be alive once again. Genuinely. And Really. Try it. You may like it too much.

Good Luck. Please just keep trying. You can. No one will stop you. It's beautiful. Believe me it just is. And then you WILL be fine. Try it you might like it. A lot !!!
this: try it you might like it!. A lot !!! Fuck me this is one of the best quotes that I felt also but I just couldn't make myself to believe or give a time to think why!

God bless you whoever you are

I think it can work though, taking it small time at a small time. If it's an hour, then that's fine. I've been able to increase that time frame over time by really confronting my irrationalities.

I think you'll find some satisfaction if you branch out and try to meet others, as has been suggested, too. Very true that we're social creatures. We get very sick when we isolate, in basically all spheres of health.

But yeah, drugs might take some of the pain away in the immediate, yet in the end, they make things more complicated and worse - past necessary medication. I think that true good things, satisfaction with and joy in life, have to be cultivated. It can't happen all at once, which sounds like it sucks, but extend yourself some gratitude for trying, and you'll be less hard on yourself. No one's perfect. Everyone can improve more, definitely including me. I do again think you'll find a lot of value in persisting trying to make genuine, positive connections with other people.

This thread is 4 months old and I see some posts above that I hadn't seen before. I appreciate the responses. Somehow I missed notifications that there were replies.

I came here just now because I'm having a bad time and wanted to look over what was going on with me when I started this thread. I see that I was in the dumps back in August. Well, that somehow eased up starting in September. Then I was doing pretty good in October. Toward the end of October, I was doing quite well. I remember putting up Halloween/autumn decorations outside on my front patio and inside too. I had seasonal candles that I lit in the evening. I was into a pretty good daily routine and was cooking a good dinner for myself most eves.

By second week of November, that all went down the drain. I think I missed the gardening I had been doing while it was warm outside. It wasn't much, but it got me outside and I'ld talk to other tenants coming and going in my small apartment complex. I kept treats in my pockets for their dogs. My landlady had given me a free hand to work on the neglected rose bushes in our courtyard. I enjoyed that and tending to potted plants on my patio. Then it got cold, and I stopped going outside. Then I went way downhill. Inside all the time. Not seeing or talking to other humans. More and more depressed.

I started to pull out of it a few times, but only for brief spurts. I keep relapsing. I have Vicodin on hand. I got my month's supply recently, so I'm tempted to take extra doses to alleviate this depression somewhat. As the month goes on, I don't do that much because I worry about running short and having withdrawal. But right now I'm in a bad way with depression. One Vicodin (hydrocodone/Tylenol) doesn't do much, but 2 or 3 might give me a boost I could feel. It's awful to feel this forlorn and desperately want a break from it. I wish alcohol helped, but it would only make me feel worse, so I don't bother with it. I can't even describe how much I need a break from this and how trapped I feel. I just want to give up.

I've never used street drugs. I don't travel in circles where I'ld have access to illegal drugs. If I had a connection to get drugs illegally, I think I would try to get something that might ease how low I feel. In the past, I've pursued getting treatment for depression. It didn't prove helpful. Sometimes it just made me feel worse. The psych drugs that they prescribe don't do anything to help me. I don't know what I'm going to do.

I'm sorry for those who are addicted to heavy use of drugs. I understand how feeling bad can make you try anything.

I got called to the hospital last week because my brother was in ICU on a ventilator. He had pneumonia. I knew he was a daily alcohol user. They told me his blood work was also positive for methamphetamine. I hadn't seen him in ten years. He's recovering okay from the pneumonia, but he did not want me visiting him. (He's always mad at everyone.) I had hoped maybe we could help each other. That was a vain hope.

Last edited:
This thread is 4 months old and I see some posts above that I hadn't seen before. I appreciate the responses. Somehow I missed notifications that there were replies.

I came here just now because I'm having a bad time and wanted to look over what was going on with me when I started this thread. I see that I was in the dumps back in August. Well, that somehow eased up starting in September. Then I was doing pretty good in October. Toward the end of October, I was doing quite well. I remember putting up Halloween/autumn decorations outside on my front patio and inside too. I had seasonal candles that I lit in the evening. I was into a pretty good daily routine and was cooking a good dinner for myself most eves.

By second week of November, that all went down the drain. I think I missed the gardening I had been doing while it was warm outside. It wasn't much, but it got me outside and I'ld talk to other tenants coming and going in my small apartment complex. I kept treats in my pockets for their dogs. My landlady had given me a free hand to work on the neglected rose bushes in our courtyard. I enjoyed that and tending to potted plants on my patio. Then it got cold, and I stopped going outside. Then I went way downhill. Inside all the time. Not seeing or talking to other humans. More and more depressed.

I started to pull out of it a few times, but only for brief spurts. I keep relapsing. I have Vicodin on hand. I got my month's supply recently, so I'm tempted to take extra doses to alleviate this depression somewhat. As the month goes on, I don't do that much because I worry about running short and having withdrawal. But right now I'm in a bad way with depression. One Vicodin (hydrocodone/Tylenol) doesn't do much, but 2 or 3 might give me a boost I could feel. It's awful to feel this forlorn and desperately want a break from it. I wish alcohol helped, but it would only make me feel worse, so I don't bother with it. I can't even describe how much I need a break from this and how trapped I feel. I just want to give up.
Very sorry to hear that! Maybe some of what is getting to you right now is the lack of good sunny warm weather, soaking up vitamin D. I hate these shorter days of winter, definitely bring my mood down. I get so much good out of being outside in nature, especially hiking, but it is harder to do in winter. I'd say try getting out, moving, exercising. If you miss all that dog socializing, try being a pet sitter or volunteering at a shelter. If it's cold but still sunny out, sit inside in front of a sunny window.

May I ask if you truly need the opiates? Legit pain, or are you now using to keep WD away? I ask because I was dependent on opiates and went through similar situation. I ended up losing my medical coverage and had to go through WD. It took about 7 to 10 months to finally start feeling a little better, meaning less depression. Each day it got slightly better until I could actually laugh and smile again. I had no emotions except for depression during the journey, but after getting through the truly rough patch, things did get better. Now I am in the same situation with Kratom. I am currently trying to find a medically supervised detox to do it all over again. I really screwed up. But, since I have somewhat experienced it before, I have hope. It is not easy locating a place here in Sacramento without a car or public transient nearby. I have no body for a support group or anyone at all. I know hell will be here soon, and I want to find a place that can keep an eye on me while going through the steps. I have 3rd degree heartblock with a pacemaker, so I need to be sure to have someone nearby in case things go south. I am sorry you are going through this, and it is cliche to say, but you are not alone. I truly feel your pain. Please hang in there.

I don't have a pain issue really serious enough to require hydrocodone twice a day, everyday. However, I am habituated to the extent that I do experience withdrawal, if I go 36 hours without a dose. I look forward to every dose. Physically, my pains and aches feel eased up, and I feel better mentally.

I'm sorry you are having trouble finding help right now. You are right to fear the effect that withdrawal might have on your heart. Thank you for your post. I hope we find ways to get better.

@DesertHarp
🐥You sound a lot like me, though my depression seems to have eased up. But I’m referring to the choice to isolate yourself. I’m an agoraphobic and I have to work very hard at times just to get out of bed.

💵 I took an early retirement so I get a monthly pension that pays my mortgage and I live off the rest, and I have an Etsy shop where I sell jewelry. I have my groceries delivered. I have gone 2-3 weeks without venturing outdoors and not thought twice about it. It’s so easy to do in our world today 🌎.

🖥️💻 I think finding an online support group would be very beneficial for you. It would be of great benefit to me, as well. Please promise me that you’ll try to find a group with people experiencing similar issues. I am going to do this myself in January. I cannot continue to be a shut in who only goes out when my boyfriend is here.

📝 Feel free to send me a DM if you’d like to chat about this further.

I used to be really depressed. And drugs don't really help. Weed can I guess a bit but it's different for everyone. Do you listen to meditation music/lofi when you sleep? I've found that it really helped when I had depression, I woke up a bit happier and less sad. Exercise can make a huge difference if you have the time. A 30-60 minute walk especially in nature can do you a lot of good. But I do suggest therapy being your first step, a good therapist can help you beat depression. I'm glad you're reaching out before letting things get worse. Hopefully things will get better for you, happiness is not impossible :)