• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Nothing helping anxiety

Trauma therapy is probably the best bet here since it sounds like the paranoia and anxiety is currently related to your trauma. Look into EMDR therapists, Somatic Experiencing therapists, etc. CBT does very little for trauma and can actually worsen it for some people.

If traditional medication doesn't work, you can also try the more experimental treatments (microdosing LSD/psilocybin, ketamine therapy, MDMA therapy, etc) if they are available where you live or if you choose to self-medicate. In terms of cannabis, a 1:1 ratio of CBD:THC will minimize paranoia if you decide to use cannabis to attempt to treat your symptoms.

Please do your research on any of the treatments I mentioned. They are all good options (I have tried most of them myself) that work very well for some people, but they have their risks. And if you choose to self-medicate, get your drugs tested (generally weed and shrooms do not need to be but everything else absolutely does) prior to consumption
I'll look into that, ty for all the advice!

Trauma therapy is probably the best bet here since it sounds like the paranoia and anxiety is currently related to your trauma. Look into EMDR therapists, Somatic Experiencing therapists, etc. CBT does very little for trauma and can actually worsen it for some people.

If traditional medication doesn't work, you can also try the more experimental treatments (microdosing LSD/psilocybin, ketamine therapy, MDMA therapy, etc) if they are available where you live or if you choose to self-medicate. In terms of cannabis, a 1:1 ratio of CBD:THC will minimize paranoia if you decide to use cannabis to attempt to treat your symptoms.

Please do your research on any of the treatments I mentioned. They are all good options (I have tried most of them myself) that work very well for some people, but they have their risks. And if you choose to self-medicate, get your drugs tested (generally weed and shrooms do not need to be but everything else absolutely does) prior to consumption.
Yeahno I work in medicine in addiction therapy mostly, anxiety, schizo, I do have a bunch of different patients ofc. - CBT is one of the most effective methods in psychotherapy altogether. Please don't badmouth it just because it isn't a handful of drugs. It usually does get worse, at the beginning, but that is only because therapy unleashes a shitload of emotions.

What you're suggesting on the other hand has shitloads of examples gone bad.

Nobody would in their right mind in a medical setting use LSD, psilo, keta, Mdma, or anything of the like, microdosed, hell even nanodosed. There's just not enough info to work with it even semi-professionally. Give us another 5-10 years, until we can pinpoint what they actually do in therapeutic settings, instead of playing the lottery. You're also saying Cannabis, which can cause panic attacks by itself. Not liking your advice, man :/

Please don't just do this. This sounds highly experimental and will most likely not lead anywhere you want in the long game. It might, but usually only with the supervision of a health scientist/therapist/that can properly guide you, otherwise you might just fall in the abyss.

But yeah, it does not sound like GAD to me, maybe get another opinion.
This might be why nothing is helping, because you might have the wrong diagnosis.
I strongly agree with this. Just edited my message to further reflection my thoughts. The medications OP mentioned often do not work for people with trauma. Seroquel can certainly make things worse (I have a couple close friends who have personally experienced that) and benzo prescriptions would likely eventually to you becoming physically addicted (not fun to deal with).

I have personal experience with paranoia related to (C)PTSD myself. I found ketamine (for immediate, short-term relief), LSD, 4-HO-MET, and MDMA to be the best treatments. All of those require you to focus on the issues in the right setting with the right mindset and a set intention when you go into the trip. The drugs aren't the solution, they just open the door and show you the solution so that you can find the problem yourself. (EDIT: You need to have a therapist, and I would strongly recommend you get a tripsitter, preferably one who is a trained and licensed therapist if possible.)

Most psychiatric medications are band-aid solutions (Ketamine therapy somewhat is too, just a much better one that requires you to take a lot less drugs than traditional meds. At improved symptoms for 0.5-4+ weeks after taking it, it lasts a lot longer than traditional daily psychiatric medication and can treat conditions long-term/permanently in some cases.)

Last edited:
Yeahno I work in medicine in addiction therapy mostly, anxiety, schizo, I do have a bunch of different patients ofc. - CBT is one of the most effective methods in psychotherapy altogether. Please don't badmouth it just because it isn't a handful of drugs. It usually does get worse, at the beginning, but that is only because therapy unleashes a shitload of emotions.

What you're suggesting on the other hand has shitloads of examples gone bad.

Nobody would in their right mind in a medical setting use LSD, psilo, keta, Mdma, or anything of the like, microdosed, hell even nanodosed. There's just not enough info to work with it even semi-professionally. Give us another 5-10 years, until we can pinpoint what they actually do in therapeutic settings, instead of playing the lottery. You're also saying Cannabis, which can cause panic attacks by itself. Not liking your advice, man :/

Please don't just do this. This sounds highly experimental and will most likely not lead anywhere you want in the long game. It might, but usually only with the supervision of a health scientist/therapist/that can properly guide you, otherwise you might just fall in the abyss.
don't worry I'm not gonna do anything crazy, I'm not gonna do everything a stranger says on the internet just because, I'll do my own research and do what I feel is best for me

Ketamine is already used medically for PTSD and depression. There has also been promising data for anxiety and OCD. It is less consistent than psychedelics and has drastically less long-term effect.

LSD [Very promising 2014 anxiety study, Meta-review of 5 recent studies, Meta-review of 11 studies from the 1950s-70s] and psilocybin therapy [1, 2], have given consistently positive results over decades of research.

MDMA therapy is nearing approval after several remarkable trials [Phase 3 study, meta-review of 6 Phase 2 studies]. Look into the work that MAPS is doing. I am incredibly optimistic about it and it is the only thing other than therapy that I will specifically recommend here.

MAPS's compilation of numerous research papers on some of the substances I mentioned can be found here.

Cannabis and microdosing are the two that I believe the least in and the two that have little to no scientific data backing them, but plenty of people on forums such as this one seem to find that it works for them. 1:1 CBD:THC minimizes the added anxiety, as I said, but it absolutely can cause panic attacks which is why OP should do their own research. So can Seroquel, SNRIs, and even (in rare cases) benzos due to paradoxical reactions. I'm not the biggest fan of cannabis and personally have ceased using THC entirely - recreationally and medicinally - but it does work for some people. Seroquel is a pretty stupid treatment for trauma-related paranoia/anxiety, and doesn't seem to be working for OP. Cannabis is a lot safer, especially if you start slow with moderate dosages, and you'll know instantly if it works or not instead of having to take it for weeks.

EDIT: Added studies
EDIT 2: You will notice that all of the psychedelics which worked involved therapy, usually cognitive-processing therapy and/or SE therapy. Therapy is the answer here, but does not always work for a lot or even most people. That is where psychedelics become a viable option, as they are able to calm your trauma/depression/anxiety/other mental health issue enough to clear your head from them and work through the root of said condition.

Last edited:
I strongly agree with this. Just edited my message to further reflection my thoughts. The medications you have mentioned often do not work for people with trauma. Seroquel can certainly make things worse (I have a couple close friends who have personally experienced that) and benzo prescriptions would likely eventually to you becoming physically addicted (not fun to deal with).

I have personal experience with paranoia related to (C)PTSD myself. I found ketamine, LSD, 4-HO-MET, and MDMA to be the best treatments. All of those require you to focus on the issues in the right setting with the right mindset and a set intention when you go into the trip. The drugs aren't the solution, they just open the door and show you the solution so that you can find the problem yourself. Most psychiatric medications are band-aid solutions (Ketamine therapy somewhat is too, just a much better one that requires you to take a lot less drugs than traditional meds. At improved symptoms for 0.5-4+ weeks after taking it, it lasts a lot longer than traditional daily psychiatric medication and can treat conditions long-term/permanently in some cases.)
LSD actually helped me to get through psychosis, but I'm talking at least doing cognitive therapy while on the microdosed LSD. I can see it working the wrong way if there is no one to guide you

Ketamine is already used medically for PTSD and depression. There has also been promising data for anxiety and OCD.

LSD and psilocybin therapy have given consistently positive results over decades of research.

MDMA therapy is nearing approval after several remarkable trials.

Cannabis and microdosing are the two that I believe the least in and the two that do not have much scientific data backing them, but plenty of people on forums such as this one seem to find that it works for them.

I will update this message with studies to back what I'm saying in a few minutes.
Careful with studies. There's studies about everything, doesn't have to mean much.
In official praxis medicine, none of these are used yet. At least where I live, but it's harder to get drugs approved here.

OK, Ketamine is used, yes.

I'm just referring to the dangers of doing this alone/without supervision/without therapy at the same time.

LSD actually helped me to get through psychosis, but I'm talking at least doing cognitive therapy while on the microdosed LSD. I can see it working the wrong way if there is no one to guide you
I'm just referring to the dangers of doing this alone/without supervision/without therapy at the same time.
I completely agree, which is why it was the first thing I mentioned. I should have put more emphasis on it

Trauma focused CBT/DBT/CPT isn't bad, and upon looking into it the research was actually a lot better than I remembered with about 50% of subjects finding some improvement. I'm guessing that I misremembered anecdotal evidence from a PTSD forum as a statistic. I will correct my original message to reflect that. GAD-focused CBT will not do much for OP because it does not address the source of their issues, but from the looks of it PTSD-focused CBT may help them. SE and EMDR are still better treatments in my opinion, but that misses the point which is that you are absolutely right about therapy being 100% necessary. At the very least, they should at least have a trauma-focused therapist they see 2-4+ times a month and preferably find a therapist who specializes in psychedelic integration.

In terms of LSD, I would recommend an actual trip. Both the small amount of available scientific data and the anecdotal experience of myself and others indicate that microdosing is pretty ineffective. Some people swear by it, and I am about to give it another try myself, but it does not have the same results that a full LSD trip with a therapist has been shown to often produce.

Last edited:
Mushrooms

I completely agree, which is why it was the first thing I mentioned. I should have put more emphasis on it

Trauma focused CBT/DBT/CPT isn't bad, and upon looking into it the research was actually a lot better than I remembered with about 50% of subjects finding some improvement. I'm guessing that I misremembered anecdotal evidence from a PTSD forum as a statistic. I will correct my original message to reflect that. GAD-focused CBT will not do much for OP because it does not address the source of their issues, but from the looks of it PTSD-focused CBT may help them. SE and EMDR are still better treatments in my opinion, but that misses the point which is that you are absolutely right about therapy being 100% necessary. At the very least, they should at least have a trauma-focused therapist they see 2-4+ times a month and preferably find a therapist who specializes in psychedelic integration.

In terms of LSD, I would recommend an actual trip. Both the small amount of available scientific data and the anecdotal experience of myself and others indicate that microdosing is pretty ineffective. Some people swear by it, and I am about to give it another try myself, but it does not have the same results that a full LSD trip with a therapist has been shown to often produce.
Yeah, CBT does have a high success rate, actually. 50% is exceptional in psychotherapy.

I agree about the psychotropes. Both microdosing and regular dosing will possibly not take the desired effect if not used in therapy.

ty for the kind words, I didn't take the Klonopin for long probably only 3-4 times a week for 2 weeks, then the same for Ativan, I'm starting the snri today and I stopped the benzos cold turkey because I hadn't taken them much, I've tried meditation but with my anxiety+paranoia+ADD I can't sit still :/ hopefully the snri will help
with you there pertaining to meditation, i meditated for decades(TM)but now anxiety , tinnitus and extreme impatience with everything(self) but children and pets, i stopped taking celexa (SARI) and anxiety decreased, just couldnt tough it out, but hope you feel better on SSRI, i dont want to scare you offa them persay, they helped many from what ive gained, and troubled just as many, anxiety is my biggest issue, so i have a huge heart for those that suffer as you do,and im shocked how many are afflicted,,,love the advice here, i know how hard it is to get out of bed, but walking is amazing, and breath work is hard when chest feels tight, i had to force self to move and breath from the diaphragm,take the advises to heart, these folks know their chit, wish the best of healing to you :heart3:

with you there pertaining to meditation, i meditated for decades(TM)but now anxiety , tinnitus and extreme impatience with everything(self) but children and pets, i stopped taking celexa (SARI) and anxiety decreased, just couldnt tough it out, but hope you feel better on SSRI, i dont want to scare you offa them persay, they helped many from what ive gained, and troubled just as many anxiety is my biggest issue, so i have a huge heart for those that suffer as you do,and im shocked how many are afflicted,,,love the advice here, i know how hard it is to get out of bed, but walking is amazing, and breath work is hard when chest feels tight, i had to force self to move and breath from the diaphragm,take the advises to heart, these folks know their chit, wish the best of healing to you :heart3:
ty that's very kind and I hope you're doing better now

oh ty , going to look into this self CBT, you rock
Try learning the techniques I've mentioned:
3-3-3 & 54321 - also 4-7-8 breathing can help you.

There is no danger in trying any of these techniques.
They are simple tools to psychologically deal with anxiety

don't worry I'm not gonna do anything crazy, I'm not gonna do everything a stranger says on the internet just because, I'll do my own research and do what I feel is best for me
Ghost Hug GIF

with you there pertaining to meditation, i meditated for decades(TM)but now anxiety , tinnitus and extreme impatience with everything(self) but children and pets, i stopped taking celexa (SARI) and anxiety decreased, just couldnt tough it out, but hope you feel better on SSRI, i dont want to scare you offa them persay, they helped many from what ive gained, and troubled just as many, anxiety is my biggest issue, so i have a huge heart for those that suffer as you do,and im shocked how many are afflicted,,,love the advice here, i know how hard it is to get out of bed, but walking is amazing, and breath work is hard when chest feels tight, i had to force self to move and breath from the diaphragm,take the advises to heart, these folks know their chit, wish the best of healing to you :heart3:
Sending love to you and @witnesshopper. ❤️ I've been dealing with my own mental health struggles but I know that we'll all get better, even if it doesn't seem like it right now. You just have to take it one day at a time and try to make the most of every day despite the battles that you are facing.

I'm not even sure if this is the right place to ask for help Abt stuff like this but everyone has been very kind and helpful with my other questions, I apologize if it isn't though, I have tried kpins, and Ativan, to no avail, and my anxiety is just getting worse even with Seroquel I can't sleep because my anxiety is so bad, nothing helps, I'm switching to an snri and I have some deficiencies I'm taking vitamins for but still nothing works, why is this? I'm just looking for some help because I only feel normal when I'm high and I don't want to have to get high to feel normal, ty in advance.
just curious , are you taking D3? im poundin Omegas 3`s, fish walnuts flax seeds and its oils, i make smoothies with frozen blueberries, raw nuts, almond milk(not the vanilla, sugar is a no no w.my anxiety issues) good yogurt ,L lysene is great for me, hot epsom salt soaks, just curious of what supplements you take, never felt like eating when over anxious , im not a stress eater, so please dont go hungry and perhaps research ways to get your cortisol down. and if you wish , pls let us know how you are, we care so much

Last edited:
just curious , are you taking D3? im poundin Omegas 3`s, fish walnuts flax seeds and its oils, i make smoothies with frozen blueberries, raw nuts, almond milk(not the vanilla, sugar is a no no w.my anxiety issues) good yogurt ,L lysene is great for me, hot epsom salt soaks, just curious of what supplements you take, never felt like eating when over anxious , im not a stress eater, so please dont go hungry and perhaps research ways to get your cortisol down. and if you wish , pls let us know how you are, we care so much
I'm not sure off the top of my head but I'm taking all the ones I need, and ty for the kind words it means sm