• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Nothing helping anxiety

witnesshopper

Bluelighter
I'm not even sure if this is the right place to ask for help Abt stuff like this but everyone has been very kind and helpful with my other questions, I apologize if it isn't though, I have tried kpins, and Ativan, to no avail, and my anxiety is just getting worse even with Seroquel I can't sleep because my anxiety is so bad, nothing helps, I'm switching to an snri and I have some deficiencies I'm taking vitamins for but still nothing works, why is this? I'm just looking for some help because I only feel normal when I'm high and I don't want to have to get high to feel normal, ty in advance.

Hi. Strange that ativan won't help... How about trying some other benzo? If it really is bad, and it seems to be, i would say go with alprazolam so you maybe could sleep and get through the most awful part.

Exercise of course. Just a 20 minute fast paced walk will help, some hours before trying to sleep. Nutrient filled food, which also gives pleasure when it is tasty and looks nice. There is a reason for your anxiety. Like there is a reason for my anxiety, but i don't know what it is. Finding out the root cause would surely be beneficial, therefore, therapy, social interactions sometimes, and stuff like that.

I wish strength to you. Anxiety sucks and so does sleep deprivation. That combo produces a high, and it is a nasty, nasty high :(

Hi. Strange that ativan won't help... How about trying some other benzo? If it really is bad, and it seems to be, i would say go with alprazolam so you maybe could sleep and get through the most awful part.

Exercise of course. Just a 20 minute fast paced walk will help, some hours before trying to sleep. Nutrient filled food, which also gives pleasure when it is tasty and looks nice. There is a reason for your anxiety. Like there is a reason for my anxiety, but i don't know what it is. Finding out the root cause would surely be beneficial, therefore, therapy, social interactions sometimes, and stuff like that.

I wish strength to you. Anxiety sucks and so does sleep deprivation. That combo produces a high, and it is a nasty, nasty high :(
I asked my psychiatrist Abt xans but they said they didn't think it'd help, I'm bedridden most of the day because the paranoia is so bad so exercise isn't an option unfortunately :/ ty for the advice though

I asked my psychiatrist Abt xans but they said they didn't think it'd help, I'm bedridden most of the day because the paranoia is so bad so exercise isn't an option unfortunately :/ ty for the advice though
Look i understand what it is like, when "only feel normal when i am high"...

At this point i am gonna recommend not getting high. At all. Because of the paranoia you have. I know, getting high helps, and it is tempting. But can also backfire hard in the long run.

Look i understand what it is like, when "only feel normal when i am high"...

At this point i am gonna recommend not getting high. At all. Because of the paranoia you have. I know, getting high helps, and it is tempting. But can also backfire hard in the long run.
ik I'm trying to get clean but it ain't easy

If you keep taking benzo's then your anxiety will get worse in the long run. Benzo's take over your brains natural system for regulating neural activity. After a while, the brain is no longer capable of regulating this activity naturally, resulting in increased anxiety and panic attacks. The most effective long term (non damaging) solution for anxiety is a diet rich in Magnesium and managing any triggers that may heighten your anxiety levels.

If you keep taking benzo's then your anxiety will get worse in the long run. Benzo's take over your brains natural system for regulating neural activity. After a while, the brain is no longer capable of regulating this activity naturally, resulting in increased anxiety and panic attacks. The most effective long term (non damaging) solution for anxiety is a diet rich in Magnesium and managing any triggers that may heighten your anxiety levels.
I'm not taking any currently because they don't work, but right now I'm not able to do anything to help my anxiety in the long term because it's so bad

I'm sorry you're going through this. Anxiety is a bitch. Might I ask how long you took klonopin for? And if you tapered off or stopped suddenly? Things might be worse if you've just stopped taking a benzo as you could be experiencing some rebound anxiety. Also if you've only just started on the SNRI I've found that they can often make you feel a bit worse before they start working.

I can relate to how hard it is to do anything about anxiety when you can barely make it out of bed. Have you tried doing simple meditations? You don't have to leave your bed. Just spend five minutes with your eyes closed focusing on your breathing. It helps to train the mind to not automatically identify with negative thoughts.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Anxiety is a bitch. Might I ask how long you took klonopin for? And if you tapered off or stopped suddenly? Things might be worse if you've just stopped taking a benzo as you could be experiencing some rebound anxiety. Also if you've only just started on the SNRI I've found that they can often make you feel a bit worse before they start working.

I can relate to how hard it is to do anything about anxiety when you can barely make it out of bed. Have you tried doing simple meditations? You don't have to leave your bed. Just spend five minutes with your eyes closed focusing on your breathing. It helps to train the mind to not automatically identify with negative thoughts.
ty for the kind words, I didn't take the Klonopin for long probably only 3-4 times a week for 2 weeks, then the same for Ativan, I'm starting the snri today and I stopped the benzos cold turkey because I hadn't taken them much, I've tried meditation but with my anxiety+paranoia+ADD I can't sit still :/ hopefully the snri will help

ty for the kind words, I didn't take the Klonopin for long probably only 3-4 times a week for 2 weeks, then the same for Ativan, I'm starting the snri today and I stopped the benzos cold turkey because I hadn't taken them much, I've tried meditation but with my anxiety+paranoia+ADD I can't sit still :/ hopefully the snri will help
Damn I can relate to that. Also have ADHD and it's very hard to meditate. I find it's sometimes easier if I force myself to count my breaths and even if I'm not sitting still I try and focus on the sensation of air going in and out while I'm doing things. Are you medicated for ADHD? I found that Dexedrine really helped with my anxiety and depression too because my mind doesn't race as much. Wishing you the best with the SNRI.

Damn I can relate to that. Also have ADHD and it's very hard to meditate. I find it's sometimes easier if I force myself to count my breaths and even if I'm not sitting still I try and focus on the sensation of air going in and out while I'm doing things. Are you medicated for ADHD? I found that Dexedrine really helped with my anxiety and depression too because my mind doesn't race as much. Wishing you the best with the SNRI.
nope, psych won't give me them because I'm not currently in school :/ and ty again

What's the root of your anxiety?
Is it a Panic Disorder, PTSD, PAWS, ..., ?
Psychological issues tend to work more mechanical than is often assumed.
If you can pinpoint the issue and counteract, you might be able to substantially get better

I'm not a fan of taking drugs for psychological issues.
Usually just creates friends for your psychological issues.

What's the root of your anxiety?
Is it a Panic Disorder, PTSD, PAWS, ..., ?
Psychological issues tend to work more mechanical than is often assumed.
If you can pinpoint the issue and counteract, you might be able to substantially get better

I'm not a fan of taking drugs for psychological issues.
Usually just creates friends for your psychological issues.
I've had GAD for years but it recently became much worse from an event that gave me PTSD, unfortunately in semi relation to that event I lost all of my friends. (they didn't die or anything lol)

I've had GAD for years but it recently became much worse from an event that gave me PTSD, unfortunately in semi relation to that event I lost all of my friends. (they didn't die or anything lol)
Have you done CBT? Do you know how to 3-3-3 or 54321?
There's a bunch of techniques that can help you get through the randomness of GAD. Because it's so unpredictable, it's often actually quite easy to get rid of the anxiety - for some time, until it surfaces again.

You very likely know that GAD isn't curable. It's highly treatable, and you should really do CBT if you haven't yet. It's incredibly important to get a grip on your anxiety and to be able to push it out of your mind, or it can get a lot worse. Honestly, drugs are never going to help as much as CBT - they might surpress the anxiety, but then it returns stronger than ever

Good luck~

Have you done CBT? Do you know how to 3-3-3 or 54321?
There's a bunch of techniques that can help you get through the randomness of GAD. Because it's so unpredictable, it's often actually quite easy to get rid of the anxiety - for some time, until it surfaces again.

You very likely know that GAD isn't curable. It's highly treatable, and you should really do CBT if you haven't yet. It's incredibly important to get a grip on your anxiety and to be able to push it out of your mind, or it can get a lot worse. Honestly, drugs are never going to help as much as CBT - they might surpress the anxiety, but then it returns stronger than ever

Good luck~
its more so the panic attacks and the fear I have of them happening, I've tried almost everything there is :/

its more so the panic attacks and the fear I have of them happening, I've tried almost everything there is :/
Panic attacks? Now you make me thing that you don't have GAD at all, and it was wrongly diagnosed. Are you sure about this diagnosis? You might have PD

GAD really doesn't give you panic attacks. GAD is more of a worrying-disease. You just worry about everything, but there's no actual panic attacks.

There's 7 types of PD, so it can be hard for some docs to diagnose it correctly.
I stand by what I said though, you need to learn some techniques from CBT, at least one or 2 sessions, you will feel so much better in general, just by knowing what to do and more importantly: what to think when you face a panic attack

Panic attacks? Now you make me thing that you don't have GAD at all, and it was wrongly diagnosed. Are you sure about this diagnosis? You might have PD

GAD really doesn't give you panic attacks. GAD is more of a worrying-disease. You just worry about everything, but there's no actual panic attacks.

There's 7 types of PD, so it can be hard for some docs to diagnose it correctly.
I stand by what I said though, you need to learn some techniques from CBT, at least one or 2 sessions, you will feel so much better in general, just by knowing what to do and more importantly: what to think when you face a panic attack
idk :/ I'm just telling you what the doctors said, the panic attacks have only really gotten worse recently and I was diagnosed with GAD a while ago so idk

idk :/ I'm just telling you what the doctors said, the panic attacks have only really gotten worse recently and I was diagnosed with GAD a while ago so idk
Please, do some CBT - this does sound very worrisome. You can even do CBT to yourself, just use google to find out some anti-anxiety techniques and really practice them. There's even some studies suggesting that self-directed CBT is actually more effective :ROFLMAO:

But yeah, it does not sound like GAD to me, maybe get another opinion.
This might be why nothing is helping, because you might have the wrong diagnosis.

Trauma therapy is probably the best bet here since it sounds like the paranoia and anxiety is currently related to your trauma. You probably have PTSD, not GAD (Most mental health professionals are poorly trained on trauma and will misdiagnose it as GAD/MDD/BP/BPD/etc.) If it is from a single event, it would be PTSD. If you also have childhood/long-term trauma, it is likely C-PTSD.

Look into EMDR therapists, Somatic Experiencing therapists, trauma-focused CBT therapists, etc. CBT generally does very little for trauma and can actually worsen it for some people. (EDIT: I was wrong about CBT. Trauma-focused CBT is one of the more effective treatments available.)

If traditional medication doesn't work, you can also try the more experimental treatments (microdosing LSD/psilocybin, LSD therapy, psilocybin therapy, ketamine therapy, MDMA therapy, etc) if they are available where you live or if you choose to self-medicate. In terms of cannabis, a 1:1 ratio of CBD:THC will minimize paranoia if you decide to use cannabis to attempt to treat your symptoms.

Please do your research on any of the treatments I mentioned. They are all good options (I have tried most of them myself) that work very well for some people, but they have their risks. And if you choose to self-medicate, get your drugs tested (generally weed and shrooms do not need to be but everything else absolutely does) prior to consumption.

EDIT: As @December Flower mentioned, therapy is crucial to this process. The first step is finding a good, reputable trauma therapist (Looking online for someone with good reviews that don't look like they're written by bots may be helpful.) From there, you can look into the other options. Ketamine therapy is the only experimental option available outside of studies, and it is somewhat more effective than most PTSD/depression medication but not the best choice. MDMA appears to be the most effective PTSD treatment according to several studies by organizations such as MAPS. LSD and psilocybin therapy have also shown to be quite effective. Microdosing and cannabis have little research backing them, with the few studies conducted not finding a statistically significant difference from placebo, but some people swear by them.

Last edited:
Please, do some CBT - this does sound very worrisome. You can even do CBT to yourself, just use google to find out some anti-anxiety techniques and really practice them. There's actually some studies suggesting that self-directed CBT is actually more effective :ROFLMAO:

But yeah, it does not sound like GAD to me, maybe get another opinion.
This might be why nothing is helping, because you might have the wrong diagnosis.
alright, Ill try my best, and it's funny my therapist told me the exact same thing Abt my diagnosis