Mental Health Not sure if I'm diagnosed

I was diagnosed with agoraphobia at age 6.
For me it is a transient condition, and there have been several periods of my life that I could control it with medication, while other times I didn’t seem to have it.

If you have trouble getting out of your house or apt., you may have agoraphobia.
If you are out somewhere and suddenly feel like you are facing some impending doom, you may have agoraphobia. I’ve been treated for it most of my life.
This thread makes me feel so much better today.

I found this after searching “agoraphobia” as I am going through a tough time with it currently.

I’m wondering if the reemergence of my agoraphobia is just a change as sure as the seasons. I’d forgotten that I had it last summer/early fall but I now remember that I did 🪷

I wasn't asking if "I" was correct. I was asking if the site was correct lol jesusfuckingchrists ay.......and there not some of the treatments so no the sites wrong.......ay :)

Many things can be complimentary medicines. Fish oil is often used in complimentary treatment for autism, which I take in my case. It won't manage your symptoms without standard medication but it can help in addition to them.

ok going back on a different topic because I've been diagnosed Schizophrenia.

It says this on one site that's laughable and I don't believe it. Your all having a laugh at me eh?

This - Medication is important for treating schizophrenia. However, some individuals with the disorder may want to consider complementary medicine. If you choose to use these alternative treatments, work with your doctor to make sure the treatment is safe.

Types of alternative treatments used for schizophrenia include:

• vitamin treatment
  • fish oil supplements
  • glycine supplements
  • diet management
There are no 'alternative treatments' for schizophrenia. You will have to take certain neuroleptica and / or mood stabilisers. Especially with 'classic' schizophrenia (rather than schizotypal disorder), since untreated it tends to be progressive. That's to say with every major psychotic episode, the chances of permanent changes to personality and impairment of the ability to function in daily life increase.

The one thing that's true is that a bad diet or deficiency in some nutrients absolutely can exacerbate mental illness. Occasionally depressive symptoms can be directly caused by it. However swallowing fish oil capsules is not going to stop you having hallucinations, paranoia or violent mood swings. Anyone trying to tell you so is the same kind of person who thinks you can cure cancer by chugging kale smoothies.

PS yes, agoraphobia is very common with schizophrenia, but nobody can or should diagnose you over the internet (and certainly not lay persons). As for the schizophrenia, I hope you got your diagnosis from a qualified psychiatrist.

This thread makes me feel so much better today.

I found this after searching “agoraphobia” as I am going through a tough time with it currently.

I’m wondering if the reemergence of my agoraphobia is just a change as sure as the seasons. I’d forgotten that I had it last summer/early fall but I now remember that I did 🪷
I definitely have definitely had agoraphobia before as well honey. So I hear you.

Last edited:
Oh @n3ophy7e!

I can definitely sympathize. Since leaving my blow and meth-addicted, anabolic-steroid taking, abusive ex-husband, my agoraphobic episodes have been more frequent visitors. I learned about 6 weeks ago that he remarried, but I’m still having nightmares about him. I’ve tried therapy and I’m still suffering. I’m convinced it may be the case until he finally pisses off just the wrong (or right) person and he’s killed. No, I’m not considering murdering him, I just wish he’d never moved here and I’d never met him.

^I am terribly sorry for your experiences. I was abused as a child, which I think has caused some of my current issues.

I am phobic of people, but not really agoraphobic in the classic sense. But I can relate to feeling phobic overall. If only it wasn't a phobia of people! If I was phobic about spiders then I'd just avoid spiders, but there's hardly avoiding people.