Mental Health Not sure if I'm diagnosed

Also. I’ve recently read quite a few papers about schizophrenia patients coming off their anti-psychotic meds after several years and managing to avoid any return of their schizophrenia symptoms. I wasn’t sure from the papers how common or prevalent this is, but they definitely indicated that meds are not definitely for life for many people.

What keeps many people on the meds is not the disease but the very real difficulty of Antipsychotic WIthdrawal Syndrome. This has it’s own horrible symptom profile but also can temporarily allow schizophrenic symptoms to return even though the illness is probably actually in remission.

AP’s are thought to change the brain structure via the wonders of neuroplasticity. So after several years it’s quite conceivable they’ve changed your brain structure semi-permanently in a way that reduces schizophrenia symptoms without further medication.

ok.........What if I say I want to have kids and I can't when I'm on my meds...Would I get a meds holiday for a while while being closeley monitored?

You would be able to have kids, get a sperm test to see.

Just ask for alternatives to be looked into as you want to be updated in the latest treatments..

You won't get a med holiday unless you ironically show you take your meds every day on your own.

Its the only way to adjust the timing somewhat to have some other drugs and have them as effective as possible.

Its never a good idea to skip anything though.

Abilify has one of the longest half-lives of atypical anti-psychotics. It’s about 95 hours. It is argued that this means it does not create a withdrawal problem but in my experience it still definitely does. However I did manage to trip through it after only ceasing for a couple of days.
yeah my computers hacked. i wonder why?

whats an anti psychotic with the shortest half life?

yeah my computers hacked. i wonder why?

whats an anti psychotic with the shortest half life?
Seroquel is about 6 hours half-life meaning it’s effectively eliminated in 1.5 days. It’s the shortest I know of in the atypical antipsychotics.

Seroquel is about 6 hours half-life meaning it’s effectively eliminated in 1.5 days. It’s the shortest I know of in the atypical antipsychotics.
yeah i'm on that but depot as well so takes about 2 months to get out of system. What's an excuse to get off the depot?

I'm not sure that there is one, dude....unless your doctor deems it necessary to stop.
Are you sure? There is no depot injection for seroquel as far as I know. Only the XR tablets.

Were you given depot because you were non-compliant in taking your meds? Were you under some kind of court ordered pschyiatric care?

If not, maybe you can discuss with your doctor wanting to take more self control and personal responsibility in your treatment and switch to pills.

Changing to another drug would be an opportunity to switch to pills from depot if you had bad side effects from the depot.

But stopping anti-psychotics is hard work. The withdrawal can make you really sick for weeks. The most recent research says you need to taper over like 6 months - although it’s not so bad with depot apparently. I would not stop taking an AP without a lot of preparation and alternative drugs to deal with the withdrawal syndrome.

Are you sure? There is no depot injection for seroquel as far as I know. Only the XR tablets.

Were you given depot because you were non-compliant in taking your meds? Were you under some kind of court ordered pschyiatric care?

If not, maybe you can discuss with your doctor wanting to take more self control and personal responsibility in your treatment and switch to pills.

Changing to another drug would be an opportunity to switch to pills from depot if you had bad side effects from the depot.

But stopping anti-psychotics is hard work. The withdrawal can make you really sick for weeks. The most recent research says you need to taper over like 6 months - although it’s not so bad with depot apparently. I would not stop taking an AP without a lot of preparation and alternative drugs to deal with the withdrawal syndrome.
Ok.ill discuss taking more self control. Yes i was non. Compliant with.taking the.pills.

You would be able to have kids, get a sperm test to see.

Just ask for alternatives to be looked into as you want to be updated in the latest treatments..

You won't get a med holiday unless you ironically show you take your meds every day on your own.

Its the only way to adjust the timing somewhat to have some other drugs and have them as effective as possible.

Its never a good idea to skip anything though.
Nah its not about sperm test..I.have zero.libido

Also. I’ve recently read quite a few papers about schizophrenia patients coming off their anti-psychotic meds after several years and managing to avoid any return of their schizophrenia symptoms. I wasn’t sure from the papers how common or prevalent this is, but they definitely indicated that meds are not definitely for life for many people.

What keeps many people on the meds is not the disease but the very real difficulty of Antipsychotic WIthdrawal Syndrome. This has it’s own horrible symptom profile but also can temporarily allow schizophrenic symptoms to return even though the illness is probably actually in remission.

AP’s are thought to change the brain structure via the wonders of neuroplasticity. So after several years it’s quite conceivable they’ve changed your brain structure semi-permanently in a way that reduces schizophrenia symptoms without further medication.
So they change your brain? Ive head they clause brain damage

So they change your brain? Ive head they clause brain damage
Not necessarily damage. For example some anti-psychotics can possibly permanently reverse damage done by stimulants thanks to neuroplasticity. The research on this is just emerging.

I've been taken off the depot woo hoo!
What's the half life of abilify tablet and lorazedone 80mg

I was diagnosed with agoraphobia at age 6.
For me it is a transient condition, and there have been several periods of my life that I could control it with medication, while other times I didn’t seem to have it.

If you have trouble getting out of your house or apt., you may have agoraphobia.
If you are out somewhere and suddenly feel like you are facing some impending doom, you may have agoraphobia. I’ve been treated for it most of my life.

I was diagnosed with agoraphobia at age 6.
For me it is a transient condition, and there have been several periods of my life that I could control it with medication, while other times I didn’t seem to have it.

If you have trouble getting out of your house or apt., you may have agoraphobia.
If you are out somewhere and suddenly feel like you are facing some impending doom, you may have agoraphobia. I’ve been treated for it most of my life.
No good.

Yeah I'm hoping to get prescribed Alprazolam because that helped me in the past ,and only take it on an as needed basis.

I also have weird OCDs that make zero sense.

I tell myself that if I eat this chip before the other one, I will have good luck. If I put this pair of shoes on, rather than another, I will be lucky. There’s much more to it, and I have many more obsessions.

I’m happy that when I’m going through an OCD period like I am now, other people cannot tell.

I also have weird OCDs that make zero sense.

I tell myself that if I eat this chip before the other one, I will have good luck. If I put this pair of shoes on, rather than another, I will be lucky. There’s much more to it, and I have many more obsessions.

I’m happy that when I’m going through an OCD period like I am now, other people cannot tell.
I have weird OCDs too. I did one of them last night and my fiance was just staring at me like "wtf...?" :D I said "OCD babe." And he was like "Yeah but what's that one for?" I was like "Mmm'I'unno, none of them really make any sense or serve a practical purpose. But it's like, if I boil the kettle in the middle of the night then go back to bed, I know I'm good"......

fuck this bullshit there putting me on abilify depot nup fuk them thats thelongesthalf life im gonna run away and stay on the street somewhere i dont give a fuk nemore those bastards dont believeme that there camera suk my smalldik

how the fuck do i get out of the depot?

whats a depot with the shortest half life?