• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Not getting high off ketamine

Has anyone tried making their own home-made nasal spray? I wonder if it would be less irritating than insufflating powder? My nasal system does not love me rn.

I think you can buy premade nasel sprays that you can add K too, but thing is if you're like me and got a high tolerance then you'd need so much K and I'm not sure it will dissolve and I'm scared to use any water up my nose as I heard it can introduce water born bacterior up it, which is so much worse than sniffing K

It wouldn't be the same though I love sniffing K, I even love the drip lol

@Flower Fairy
If you care about your insides, you need to spit that drip out, every fucking time, no matter how much u like the taste.
If you just love the taste hock it into hour mouth and swill it around first or let it dissolve under your tounge, but you do not want that in your stomach.
It will eventually cause savage k cramps or bladder problems trust me I speak with a brutal amount of experience

Also you could easily make your own nasal spray, add k to boiling water and let it cool down then put it in a sprayer, use a clear plastic one so you can see if it starts to solidify etc

If you care about your insides, you need to spit that drip out, every fucking time, no matter how much u like the taste.

I had an stomach inflammation/ulcer already when I was doing it daily for like 2 months or so, it was agony, I was on rentitidine and sickness pills, lost so much weight, everyone knows about K cramps and bladder but not stomach ulcers, I can only find a little info on this

Isn't it a waste spitting the K drip out?

I don't take it that often anymore so the drip wouldn't cause damage

@Flower Fairy
That drip defo caused your ulcer and you're still willing to swallow it again? Even in small amounts it's not good pal, I'd say it could easily be doing damage.

To the is it a waste question. It's more of a waste actually doing lines big enough to cause a drip tbh. I was guilty of this myself for years.
Peak plasma levels are absorbed in the nose. What you swallow mainly gets fucked up by first mass metabolism and is turned into norketamine which is more of a longed out feeling and also the one that does more damage.

Do you do your k outside/stood up?
If you do it inside, lie on your front, ideally on your bed with your head hanging off the end. This way if you do do big lines you don't get a drip.

That drip defo caused your ulcer and you're still willing to swallow it again? Even in small amounts it's not good pal, I'd say it could easily be doing damage.

I know I'm stupid, the other day I had stomach ache after doing couple of days running, was worried my bad stomach was back but it was okay in the end, had to avoid my spicy wotsits though as they made it worse lol

To the is it a waste question. It's more of a waste actually doing lines big enough to cause a drip tbh

I did think smaller lines more often might be better I probably do 0.2 lines sometimes 0.3 so not massive

Do you do your k outside/stood up?
If you do it inside, lie on your front, ideally on your bed with your head hanging off the end.

Sometimes yeah, if I'm going on a walk, other times I sit down on my mates settee after a sniffing or lay on my bed, I'll try your idea next time

Thanks for the advice

Has anyone tried making their own home-made nasal spray? I wonder if it would be less irritating than insufflating powder? My nasal system does not love me rn.
You could just get prescribed it, but given ketamines solubility in water and the easy availability of spray bottles I imagine this is not in the least difficult. Sometimes I save spray bottles from compounding pharmacy and use them to make my own nasal cromolyn sprays or nasal lidocaine sprays.

If the chemical has a high water solubility then I’d wager that a spray is possible.

The solubility of ketamine is 1g / 5ml of water, IIRC. IIRC, again, pharmaceutical preparations typically use a lower concentration, in water that is 20% saline, and 1g K / 10ml liquid. I'm not sure off the top of my head what concentration of sodium salt is typically in saline, if there is a medical standard or what, but obviously that 20% figure just means the solution has both ketamine and some amount of sodium HCl (ie, table salt) dissolved in it.

If you use a solution that is partly saline I believe it will be theoretically better for your nasal mucosa because "unsalinated" water actually has a drying effect by drawing salt out of your tissues which will induce a temporary reduction in mucus secretion to compensate - this is one of the reasons you should not snort untreated tap water to clean your nostrils (the other one being that it's possible to catch a fatal brain-eating bacteria by doing this - even though the chance is very low, it has happened, at least boil the water first and let it cool a little before snorting).

I actually tried this just the other day with 0.5g ketamine in 5ml of water, a slightly lower concentration than I could have gone for, but I didn't want to risk wasting the ketamine on my first attempt. I boiled the water first and after adding the ketamine just shook the spray bottle until it appeared clear, and it seemed to work fine, was definitely easier on the nose, although I did it at the tail end of using a few grams the more traditional way (ie, dry powder up the nose) so had that typical short term high tolerance that sets in fairly quickly into a K-binge, IME, otherwise it would probably have been more effective.

Typically nasal spray bottles as I recall deliver about 0.1ml per spray, which in this case meant I was getting around 10mg per spray, or 20mg if I used both nostrils at a time. If I went for the maximum concentration it would have been twice that of course.

Again, I couldn't really judge properly because I had a bit of tolerance and had already been snorting for about a day before that but I think it should absorb quicker. Realistically there's still a limit to how quickly your nose can absorb water before it will start to dribble out, I found this to be 2 sprays per nostril maximum - but even this might be a little wasteful, and some will probably drop down the back of your throat quicker and less noticeably that if you were just snorting dry powder... so if you're going for a hole-level dose it will be necessary to stagger the dosing, ie, 1 or 2 sprays in each nostril, wait 5-10 minutes, repeat, until desired dosage is achieved.

I'm definitely going to try this again next time I allow myself to do a little K which probably will have to be in a few months time at least, as I'm also finding my nose to be less tolerant to repeatedly stuffing large volumes of dry powder into it than it was a few years back... there is obviously something nice about the ritual of crushing and preparing a bunch of nice looking shiny white lines compared to just having a spray bottle in front of you, but that's just something I should get over I think, it's not worth the stress on your nose that snorting dry powders causes.

@Vastness "The solubility of ketamine is 1g / 5ml of water"

I have managed to get over 2g in 3ml before. 2.1g (while the water was near boiling) that was one of the most intense experiences of my life - up there with smoking DMT.
Whereas, 2.25g, would turn clear in 3ml boiling water (on my spoon) but become solid inside the barrel...
I guess warm water holds more. I'm sure if I'd have let that 2.1g cool down completely it would have solidified.

I've managed to get 750mg in a 1ml before too but it solidified about 3/4s of the way through me doing the shot lol

I've always wanted to inject pharma K straight from the vial but now I've realised what weak mg/ml solutions they do i probably wouldn't bother. I'd cook it up first then make my own more concentrated solution 😈

Having looked into it again I think I might have got the solubility wrong, not sure where I got that figure, maybe just a thread on reddit since that's the only place it comes up when I had a quick google just now.

This paper - https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Ketamine#section=Solubility - actually puts the solubility a lot higher, at 2.8g / ml in water at 25 degrees C, room temperature for you Fahrenheit numpties (jk, jk ;))... that seems very high though, so maybe I'm reading it wrong... maybe someone else can chime in to correct me if that figure it off.

(EDIT: Oops no - fudged the unit conversions - it's actually 0.28g / ml, ie 1.4g / 5ml so pretty close to what I said.)

But yeah generally most things dissolve better in warmer water, AFAIK, and definitely faster.

Injecting obviously is a different matter, you don't want to be injecting solids, but for nasal sprays I guess you can just push the concentration to as much as the liquid seems to hold. It makes sense to leave a bit of a buffer though to account for precipitation due to fluctuating ambient temperatures as well as, perhaps, reduced carrying capacity of the liquid due to other dissolved impurities (tap water for example has various minerals dissolved within it, either by accident or design depending on your locale and local water quality). Also as soon as the water hits another material such as your nose it will begin to dilute with biological fluids and whatever other residue in in your nose, so it's better perhaps to have a little buffer solubility, so to speak, so the ketamine remains in solution long enough to be carried into your bloodstream.

@Vastness if the solution started to solidify inside your sprayer just dump the sprayer into a sink full of hot water it will turn back to liquid fairly quickly.
Thats why I'd recommend a clear plastic sprayer bottle. You can get 3 for £1 in poundland (UK) or somewhere similar, the little ones they sell for taking stuff on aeroplanes 👍

So I took .5g K and 10ml of saline solution (water, sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate) and got this milky substance. I suppose there is something that is insoluble? Perhaps this is not an easy question, but any speculation on what the K is cut with that is not soluble in water or any other hypothesis?

@SpecialKid
First off, was your k cooked or crystal when You added it to water?
What did the k look like? Try heating it a little to make it clear.
I've had needle shard crystal and crystal rock k that keeps cold water clear but fine grain crystal k that goes milky in water in the frying pan until it heats up and goes clear.

If it's fine grain/'glitter k' (sugar type or finer crystal) then just heat it.

If it was cooked k (powder) it will also need a little heat to go clear again.

Alot of people sell it pre-cooked.
I always get mine in crystal as crystal is better (stronger hit but worse on your veins, I am slowly learning) for making solutions ie to inject. Hope this helps

So I took .5g K and 10ml of saline solution (water, sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate) and got this milky substance. I suppose there is something that is insoluble? Perhaps this is not an easy question, but any speculation on what the K is cut with that is not soluble in water or any other hypothesis?
Are you sure that the saline is not already saturated with the sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate?

I'm assuming you didn't make that saline solution yourself? If you did, I'm curious why you used both sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate to do it.

Presuming that you are trying to make a nasal spray - as in the discussion above - and are maybe just trying to add ketamine to a shop-bought saline nasal spray, or just undiluted saline from a shop, then probably the solution is already saturated. The solubility of ketamine in saline is going to be less, potentially a lot less than the solubility in unsalinated water because obviously saline already has solutes dissolved in it (ie, sodium chloride, and apparently sodium bicarbonate, in this case).

Hi if you don't believe me that's fine am just putting out what am prescribed I am not " trolling " at all I'm here solely for information and to better understand my medication and what I'm taking.
Sorry, and sorry again for the late apology. I'm way oversensitive to false claims. For ket, I was tricked into an ER, then rehab, not just any rehab but a high security dual diagnosis, no visitors, no sharps, for ketamine. Actually the 20 hours in the ER and spare room under guard was worse. And I never did see any mental health therapist for those five days. Ketamine! I probably spent about $250 on ket and MXE my entire life at that point. Just about all my peers were opiate addicts, a couple of homeless alcoholics. But I guess my Medicare money was good (they rarely ever got anyone who hadn't been disqualified) and they didn't give a shit I had no withdrawal symptoms, basically I wasn't addicted to anything. This was years ago, and I'm still upset. So, I take it way too personally. Not me You. I want to respond to safety issues (or really lack of safety issues) for medically provided ket, but it's been so long since my last post, it's probably not worthwhile... ;(

I think the precipitate you see when ketamine hcl and sodium bicarbonate are mixed is freebase ketamine coming out of solution.

While I'm ranting, it's also quite often that people with obsessive suicidal ideation get too depressed to make an attempt. It is counter-intuitive, but when you feel like you will fail at everything, and don't have motivation or energy to make an attempt, Major Depression can be self-limiting in self destruction that way. And they will correctly, not incorrectly; not in a delusional way, guess that their chances at succeeding are extremely low, especially without use of a firearm. I personally believe this is the issue with antidepressants, especially SSRIs, and certainly in my experience with Prozac- the patient suddenly gets more energy and motivation, but the thoughts, the suicidal ideation, still goes through their head, they are still thinking about the act and now can take steps. Ketamine (and analogues) is starkly different in that it addresses the suicidal impulse right away, No slow lift of symptoms all together, mostly starting two weeks of daily treatment.
so bad i don't think anything would of saved those people from committing suicide
Damn, that's fairly heartless, dude. Firstly, that case is extremely rare, because, at least in the US, no one receives ketamine treatment unless they are actively receiving counselling, on another antidepressant regimen, and have a variety of other evidence-based treatment going on. That with the addition of "survival instincts" that can kick in at that last minute (for example, its not unusual for jumpers to suddenly get vertigo, when they never had before a suicide attempt) and certain measures taken by friends and family, like taking away firearms, providing contacts and hone numbe end ketamine treatment by saying there will always be exceptions in any attempt to address suicide, but when you have the numbers and statistics, you understand that this is such a rare situation, that there's no need to be an apologist.
OTOH, for years, years after my own suicide attempt, doctors were defending the high rates of suicide after SSRIs with similar reasoning, is that the SSRIs are going to be prescribed to a number of people who were going to commit suicide anyways because they were depressed. It was ten years after my attempt that doctors started admitting that my one and only suicide attempt may have been instigated, caused, at least in part, by Prozac. rather than only saying it was only my antidepressants prescribed afterwards that were preventing me from further attempts. Can you imagine? The mindfuck of realizing it may have been the first antidepressant being a cause, rather than a cure? After being immersed in nearly every aspect of mental health care for a decade? It's not an exaggeration to say it's fucked up my life pretty extensively. Oh well. Have a Nice Day. (y)