• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Not getting high off ketamine

Firstly, I wonder if the OP is taking esketamine. Only esketamine nasal spray is approved in the US, I expect dosages might be different. Also, check that maximum dose again. I think around 500mg is for IM pre-surgery anesthesia. Now I think nasal spray absorption is around a tenth as effective, but still... Doses for anesthesia are way, way above recreational doses. Ketamine generally isn't used "for pain", although it makes some sense if he's been on opioids long term, for chronic pain. But then why title this thread "not getting high?" It's pretty damn clear this isn't a medical discussion board, but he's asking a bunch of recreational users for medical type advice. That makes no sense!
Medically I've only heard of either the psychiatric depression doses, or really high prep for surgery doses. It could be that OP is just really off the mark on what his doses are. The previous poster mentioned "you don't know what health condition", but his numbers are just off-the-charts. I'm not worried about his bladder health, I'm worried he's trolling. If not, apologies, but then, you're on the wrong forum!! You need to consult people with medical experience of ketamine!!!

Hi if you don't believe me that's fine am just putting out what am prescribed I am not " trolling " at all I'm here solely for information and to better understand my medication and what I'm taking.

Just clarifying for everyone I'm not taking spravato I'm taking a compounded prescription of ketamine that happens to be a nasal spray.

Ketamine is fairly cheap as an end product before you price in issues like paying for specialty compounded formulations, so I really think maxing out the bioavailability and efficiency isn't the biggest deal. By decent bioavailability I basically mean you can quite easily get enough absorbed to treat pain, and depression , and certainly can get enough to get pretty high, via the intranasal route. It's also easy to use, and quick onset , and many people aren't comfortable with needles, so it makes obvious sense why this route would be preferred by doctors. Its pleasant and easy for me, using a ketamine spray intranasal.

25 days supply cost me only $140 out of pocket I have a great compounding pharmacy.

Ketamine is fairly cheap as an end product before you price in issues like paying for specialty compounded formulations, so I really think maxing out the bioavailability and efficiency isn't the biggest deal. By decent bioavailability I basically mean you can quite easily get enough absorbed to treat pain, and depression , and certainly can get enough to get pretty high, via the intranasal route. It's also easy to use, and quick onset , and many people aren't comfortable with needles, so it makes obvious sense why this route would be preferred by doctors. Its pleasant and easy for me, using a ketamine spray intranasal.

That's the whole reason why I went the route of the ketamine nasal spray cuz I did not like needles and I do not have the thousand dollars a month for an infusion.

Interesting. The S-isomer is more tolerable as an anesthetic, the R-isomer is more of a recreational drug? I have only ever had racemic K

I thought that was the case too because the use S-isomer as anesthetic because the R-isomer would have the patiant tripping out lol

But then someone said S-isomer is more trippy so now I'm confused lol

Its mostly racemic around anyway

S isomer is for full on tripping psychedelic zoning out. S isomer is alot more potent dose by dose than racemic and you will k hole alot faster. Racemic is the best for getting totally fucked up in the club all night long and s isomer for heavy zoning out solo trips.

I want a batch of each to test then lol

I love trippy K as one if my previous threads said and been told it's S-isomer

I know this is a minor complaint (and shows my soft hippy dippy liberal underbelly) but does it concern anyone else the sheer amount of plastic waste the Spravato inhalers must produce when used on any scale? Between the two or three inhalers per person per session and the packaging they are shipped in, how wasteful can they get?

Why are they only single use anyway? Thought we was all cutting back on plastic waste, we are in UK no plastic straws or cutlery or cups etc

And whys is Spravato so expensive? The UK tried bringing Spravato in but the National Institute for Health and Care and Excellence (NICE) said its to expensive and not enough research done on it so they rejected it

Wat's one course of treatment then? One crappy 28mg dose, how often?

Just clarifying for everyone I'm not taking spravato I'm taking a compounded prescription of ketamine that happens to be a nasal spray.

Cool you get a compounding lab to make a stronger nasal spray, that's a cheaper better way to do it, I read you can also make your own out of street K, but I wouldn't suggest that

But if I got busted picking up a gram of K by police my excuse would be I bought it as Spravato wasn't allowed in our country so I'm making my own there's places on net telling you how but I'd rather sniff mine

Did you say you need a prescription off doctor to send to the compounding company for your nasal spray K?

Long term of K consumption leads to bladder injury. Stay hydrated, take regular breaks. Avoid benzodiazepines, they will decrease your experience. Also the quality it's essential.

I thought that was the case too because the use S-isomer as anesthetic because the R-isomer would have the patiant tripping out lol

Its mostly racemic around anyway

I want a batch of each to test then lol

I love trippy K as one if my previous threads said and been told it's S-isomer

Why are they only single use anyway? Thought we was all cutting back on plastic waste, we are in UK no plastic straws or cutlery or cups etc

And whys is Spravato so expensive? The UK tried bringing Spravato in but the National Institute for Health and Care and Excellence (NICE) said its to expensive and not enough research done on it so they rejected it

Wat's one course of treatment then? One crappy 28mg dose, how often?

Cool you get a compounding lab to make a stronger nasal spray, that's a cheaper better way to do it, I read you can also make your own out of street K, but I wouldn't suggest that

But if I got busted picking up a gram of K by police my excuse would be I bought it as Spravato wasn't allowed in our country so I'm making my own there's places on net telling you how but I'd rather sniff mine

Did you say you need a prescription off doctor to send to the compounding company for your nasal spray K?

Yes I originally got it from my pain management/anesthesiologist

Long term of K consumption leads to bladder injury. Stay hydrated, take regular breaks. Avoid benzodiazepines, they will decrease your experience. Also the quality it's essential.

Thank you I try to slow down on my benzodiazepines use. I appreciate the advice thank you. Why dose that combo decrease the experience I also take other medications like opioids and amphetamines do they effect that too?

I’ve watched paramedics using ketamine and the patient goes crazy for a while because they are seeing things. Eventually they calm down but they are warned before taking it they will probably see things and they aren’t real. Doesn’t stop them tripping like mad for the first minute or so.

Was doing a bit of reading up on Spravato. Sorry to derail your thread OP. They rushed it through FDA approval. In the trials 3 people on it committed suicide compared to none in the control group. It’s not being recommended by NICE over in UK at all for depression. Because ketamine is a chiral molecule it has a left and right handed version and Esketamine is the left handed version, the S- enantiomer which is more active. Pretty interesting reading in regards to it.

In depression studies they use s-isomer and literally k hole the patient for hours on end most people will throw up from the iv rush of ketamine and start tripping like they never have before in their life rivals the DMT experince. And after all that you are cured from depression instantly for a about while til you need to repeat that infusion and thus go on a wild trip again. Funny that one of the best treatments for depression involves tripping so hard you come to understand life and your place in it.

I have also heard of a paramedic giving a kid who ate 25 tabs of LSD and had a breakdown a entire ambulance full of ketamine thinking it would knock him out and it just made him k hole and trip way harder and then give him a nos mask in the hopstial lmao? So he ended up having a wild great time in his visit and some benzos to calm down.

Racemic works just aswell for depression but its more stimulating aswell and still very trippy once you hit the k hole.

I never heard of people committing suicide afterwards but ketamine is a heavy trip and thus some people probably cant handle or refuse to accept what reality truly is and thus their ego dominates them and chooses the only way out the ego itself would rather kill the person than accept change deep down its sad and i believe if its at that point been so bad i don't think anything would of saved those people from committing suicide.

Trials here worked wonders i believe the NHS is just filled of old white men who dont listen to scientists and still make up laws depending on what they think.

I seen people who now can get out of bed and go get a job and live life again after ketamine treatment for depression while i have seen many many people kill themselves from SSRIS.

In depression studies they use s-isomer and literally k hole the patient for hours on end most people will throw up from the iv rush of ketamine and start tripping like they never have before in their life rivals the DMT experince. And after all that you are cured from depression instantly for a about while til you need to repeat that infusion and thus go on a wild trip again. Funny that one of the best treatments for depression involves tripping so hard you come to understand life and your place in it.

I have also heard of a paramedic giving a kid who ate 25 tabs of LSD and had a breakdown a entire ambulance full of ketamine thinking it would knock him out and it just made him k hole and trip way harder and then give him a nos mask in the hopstial lmao? So he ended up having a wild great time in his visit and some benzos to calm down.

Racemic works just aswell for depression but its more stimulating aswell and still very trippy once you hit the k hole.

I never heard of people committing suicide afterwards but ketamine is a heavy trip and thus some people probably cant handle or refuse to accept what reality truly is and thus their ego dominates them and chooses the only way out the ego itself would rather kill the person than accept change deep down its sad and i believe if its at that point been so bad i don't think anything would of saved those people from committing suicide.

Trials here worked wonders i believe the NHS is just filled of old white men who dont listen to scientists and still make up laws depending on what they think.

I seen people who now can get out of bed and go get a job and live life again after ketamine treatment for depression while i have seen many many people kill themselves from SSRIS.
The suicides were in the trials for Spravato. Basically 3 people on the clinical trial died by suicide on Spravato whereas none died in the control. It was rushed through FDA approval and I’m surprised it was passed. They had no idea how taking it would impact patients after a certain length of time. It was also to be given with an SSRI in the treatment of depression.

And yes it does work very well for some but there is evidence it can negatively effect others.

I’ve watched paramedics using ketamine and the patient goes crazy for a while because they are seeing things. Eventually they calm down but they are warned before taking it they will probably see things and they aren’t real. Doesn’t stop them tripping like mad for the first minute or so.

My ex's dad got airlifted to hospital and they gave him some K before he was pulled up into the helicopter, and he hated it he was tripping right out, thinking the helicopter was coming down towards him or something random

When I told my son that they gave my ex's dad K my son said "what they racked him up a line and asked him to sniff it"

I laughed alot and said "no mate it comes in liquid form for injection for medical purposes"

He's he was only about 14 or 15 at the time

In depression studies they use s-isomer and literally k hole the patient for hours on end

Fucking sign me up right now, I thought they gave tiny amounts like the shitty amount in Spravato

So whats the point in Spravato then if its dose is so small compared to the IV K-hole they give for depression?
I have also heard of a paramedic giving a kid who ate 25 tabs of LSD

A kid as in a child? Was it an accident or what on earth happened?

Never heard of ketamine given i.v. heard it can be pretty dangorous compared to i.m injection. Im sure fastandbolbous knew why. Is that the case or was i always lead to believe wrongly?

Never heard of ketamine given i.v. heard it can be pretty dangorous compared to i.m injection. Im sure fastandbolbous knew why. Is that the case or was i always lead to believe wrongly?
Ketamine is incredibly safe and is useful tool now especially for sedation and intubation in clinical settings. It’s especially useful for children during sedation as it’s a much more tolerable sedative for them.

well more like a 18 year old in our country who thought it would be cool to eat 25 tabs for reddit karma then freakout.

That's insane why would he do that, who called the ambulance as obviously he couldn't of?

Oh right yeah I can be a bit daft sometimes, did he do a trip report after lol?

Has anyone tried making their own home-made nasal spray? I wonder if it would be less irritating than insufflating powder? My nasal system does not love me rn.