• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Nostalgia of the Arcade / Video Games

Silkworm, anyone? Shadow of the Beast trilogy on the Amiga, god the first one was near impossible to complete. Monkey Island was probably my favourite game of all time, the hours I spent on that I could've learnt another instrument.

Monkey Island. I loved that series...

A wee pub recently opened up in King Street in Glasgow called Super Bario, they have a wee arcade bit and most of the games are free on the assumption that you'll buy a drink. They've got Tekken 3, MK2, Pac Man, Moonwalker, Ridge Racer and Sega Rally. I think their Street Fighter 2 machine is a MAME machine because one day I went back in for another shot of SF2 Turbo and in it was Street Fighter Zero 3 (the Japanese ROM of SF Zero Alpha). I asked about Turbo and they said they periodically change the game in that machine.

I've got a massive collection of old systems and games but I recently bought the Ever Drive for my American SNES. It came with an 8GB SD card and about 400 ROMs for both the PAL and US NTSC regions. I've you are aware of the whole 50/60Htz thing you'll know why I have an American SNES. Back in the day my mate's cousin had the American SNES and after playing games like Mario Kart and SF2 in all their full screen, full speed glory going back to the PAL console was horrible.

The prices the NES Mini is going for makes me chuckle. What kind of an idiot pays for an emulator? Only has 30 games on it and has lots of place once and never go back to it like Mario Bros (the boring single screen game that came before Super Mario Bros), Techmo Bowl (a shitty American football game). It has no room for an SD card so you can't even add games to it and the entire NES ROMset can fit on one CD so they could have done a lot better than 30 games. It also has Konami and Capcom games on it so they could have put all six Megaman games on it and the 3 Castlevanias. Pac Man is OK for a quick game on the phone while on the train home but not as a main game on a system that's costing over £100. Saw one in CEX in Glasgow yesterday for £130. You can get the NES Ever Drive for about half that so you're better off getting the Ever Drive and using the original hardware.