• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

None of us are actually responsible drug users.

Do you consider yourself a responsible drug user?

• Yes

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 36.8%
  • Shut up Spade

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
befor heroin was made illegal it was sold as a "cure for all" in chemists. thats what ive read any way.

I was completely ignorant about drugs and their dangers etc before I discovered this site. I don't post much but I lurk all the time and take in everything I can and laugh at all the slaggings you lot are quite good at giving out!

Even with the knowledge I have gained I still wouldn't be a very responsible user(I use meph ffs!) but I definitely am more responsible than the average druggie who will go out and pop 10 pills in an hour or take a few gs of meph in a night

Less is more with most drugs

Yes always have been, but I do wonder what would happen if friendship group changes.

^ Social aspects of drug use are powerful & often underrated - you can choose who you associate with to a degree & that in turn ought to effect your liklihood of harm - one way or another.

I'd say I'm responsible. More responsible than reckless, at least.

I always know what I'm taking, how much/I have a scale, which I even use for things like coke ;), I am aware of the big no-no combos, so if I venture into that I do it right, I have a pretty good understanding of a lot of the potential risks of what I take too.

Though some might say my drug use choices are somewhat reckless e.g. IV coke and heroin at age 17, crack at age 16. And of course, the God awful Mephedrone I abused daily for a few months, despite being aware of the risks. I also have a nice crack binge planned for tonight, and an epic 7g binge of good blow rocked up planned with a friend soon :D.

lovebear said:
For sure - too many people think because they are aware of the dangers/risks then they almost no longer apply to them.
IME I am very much aware of the risks, but I don't really care :\.

Last edited:
Though some might say my drug use choices are somewhat reckless e.g. IV coke and heroin at age 17, crack at age 16. And of course, the God awful Mephedrone I abused daily for a few months, despite being aware of the risks. I also have a nice crack binge planned for tonight, and an epic 7g binge of good blow rocked up planned with a friend soon :D.

Meph aside (cos we had proper drugs in my day :D) that all sounds spookily familiar.

I always know what I'm taking, how much/I have a scale, which I even use for things like coke ;), I am aware of the big no-no combos, so if I venture into that I do it right, I have a pretty good understanding of a lot of the potential risks of what I take too.

That took quite some considerable time longer but mostly got there in there end.

Hah speed did always cure a cold. Noone here believes me when i tell them...

All amps cure a cold, the cold remedies in the chemist are all pseudo ephedrine, the crucial component in home bake meth-amp.

Speed is pretty good at sorting your breathing out (it was in inhalers back in the day), but G beats anything I've tried hands down for ridding you of a cold. Literally one dose, and you are bouncing off the walls. This site has taught me so much. I reckon I'd have been in A&E due to not knowing what I'm doing with chemicals.

My friends and I always had a thing about mdma being a panacea (cure-all).

Now I see heroin users claiming the same thing.

And speed users.

Perhaps its not the actual drug but the 'drug of choice'? I.E, is there a placebo element connected with 'feel-good'?

Discuss. Or not.

My friends and I always had a thing about mdma being a panacea (cure-all).

Now I see heroin users claiming the same thing.

And speed users.

Perhaps its not the actual drug but the 'drug of choice'? I.E, is there a placebo element connected with 'feel-good'?

Discuss. Or not.

Certainly not a placebo, ive noticed it with every drug;). Except alcohol wich sucks.

I reckon if you are ill, and you make yourself feel amazing with drugs, that you can force yourself to just get rid of a cold, or something else not serious. Call me mad, but it makes sense to me.

^ (for medieval)

But that's what I'm getting at. If you've noticed long-lasting benefits against colds and flu with EVERY drug then its not some magical property of a particular drug thats making you feel well is it? Perhaps the natural effect of taking some drugs and getting a sense of well-being is what is contributing to the removal of colds and flu etc.

In other words, its our minds doing the healing, not the drugs.

I feel honoured. :D

I'm also glad that you understand what I meant.

All you are doing is taking a time when someone has died and catastrophizing it (like it needs to be ).

I actually thought about this weeks ago I think around the time when F&B was sectioned and it made me think if someone as knowledgable and intelligent as him who knows the score better than anyone in regards to drugs can fuck up and abuse them in that way then what hope do the rest of us have in being responsible.

It popped back into my head the other day (probably due to recent incidents with Carsick / CBrox to be fair) and I thought would generate good debate. It seems like it has and it might just make people re-evaluate what they thought was them being 'responsible' in their drug use.

Please don't turn this into a 'Spades trying to be a cunt' thread SHM, I'm not having a go at anyone or trying to piss people off but I can see that some people could easily take it that way (I get the impression you have?) and I'd rather I didn't end up as the most hated member of EADD for the 100,000,000th time.

To repeat, this is not a dig at anyone, wasn't meant in poor taste (surely you all know by now I'm not that fucking cruel), and isn't me trying to be a cunt and wind folk up, it's a debate. I'm not going to call anyone a liar if they say their drug use is responsible. So lets just debate as we have been people, thank you. :)

^ (for medieval)

But that's what I'm getting at. If you've noticed long-lasting benefits against colds and flu with EVERY drug then its not some magical property of a particular drug thats making you feel well is it? Perhaps the natural effect of taking some drugs and getting a sense of well-being is what is contributing to the removal of colds and flu etc.

In other words, its our minds doing the healing, not the drugs.

Okay, that may be a possibility, fair enough, does the same trick:D.