• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Non-Stimulating Hallucinogens?

Thanks for the replies.

I should mention that I'm highly susceptible to anxiety, which is why I'm trying to avoid anything too stimulating. I find the anxious feeling I get even from mushrooms to be uncomfortable. It's not necessarily full out anxiety, but that 'feeling' you get from those drugs.. I dunno what to call it.

Sometimes I feel like I'm wishing for a drug that doesn't yet exist. :)

I haven't experimented much at all with tryptamines, so perhaps there's something there I might like.

The thing is, if a drug does have a slight speedy feel to it, it usually doesn't bother me so much if the positive effects of the drug far outweigh it, such as visuals, euphoria, uplifted mood, etc. I think it's because of all the shitty and weak stuff I've had over the years that I've grown to hate that skin crawling tingly nerve ending cold nose feeling.

Me too.I used to trip a lot as a teenager/early 20s but as my panic disorder became increasingly worse I found I couldn't even stand a bong hit anymore.I've always been keen to try opium since I love it's various derivatives and have heard from people who actually got ahold of the real thing in Vietnam that you nod off and have some pretty amazing closed eye visuals.They all referred to this as "the opium dreams" so it must be a common thing with real deal opium.I've never gotten to try real,pure raw opium but it sounds like what you may be after with the sedative,dreamy trip like state it's said to induce.Again,this is just from what I've heard but I wouldn't begin to know where to look for it in the U.S. if that's where you are.I'd sure like to give it a try.It's not toxic but the addiction is supposed to be as tough as with any of it's derivatives.Still,as the occasional treat I think it would fit your bill nicely.

Opium "dreams" are pretty different to psychedelia.
They're more like lucid - (or semi conscious/waking) dreams.
But then again, I certainly always considered opium having a slightly psychedelic aspect to it (as opposed to isolated opiate alkaloids and opioids).
Again, it's a bit like cannabis (which I consider to be in many ways a psychedelic - just not in the conventional sense) - but to a lesser degree, as cannabis can be extremely "trippy" at times, whereas opium is sort of a half conscious/half dream state.

I've experimented with a lot over the years.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience of hallucinating, however I'm wondering if there's anything out there that isn't also a stimulant. I recently got myself some AMT to try, but either the quality was shit, or it degraded on the way over, because I did a LOT of it, and only got somewhat high, but the body load was very unpleasant, and there were barely any hallucinations.. definitely not worth the 3-4 hour come up.

So anyway, are there any drugs that have hallucinogenic properties, but don't make one feel all sketched out?

The days of me wanting to go crazy and party are pretty much over (for the most part) but I often find myself wanting something to chill out with... put me in a good mood, upbeat, outgoing, happy, euphoric, etc, with visuals, but no speedy or over-stimulating effects.

If I were looking for the effects you describe, I'd take a very, very high dose of edible weed in a comfortable setting with a few friends. You probably will get mild visuals if you take enough but it wouldn't be as powerful as acid can be. I do not think there are any serotogenic psychs without the alerts and stimulation. Even LSA is stimulating, but to a lesser degree than LSD is.

6-apb, probably the most comfortable relaxing trip. almost sedating at times. Not a very intense hallucinogenically speaking, but it can be a trip.

2C-C is the only psychedelic that I've actually managed to fall asleep on while peaking. Nice drug, but soo sedating.

That really depends on how broad your definition of hallucinogen is. If you're talking about psychedelics then you're pretty much out of luck. Many have very little stimulation but I don't think there are any traditional psychedelics that are outright sedating, despite the fact that you may feel relaxed or calm on them. Dissociatives can be stimulating as well but many have some opiate affinity (not really any of the common ones though) and are legitimately sedating. Your best bet is probably something like Amanitas or Ambien though.

Mescaline is the only one of the "classic" psychedelics that I can sleep on. It can be more stimulating than others at the start though. Ayahuasca can be difficult to stay awake on at times, but if you go really far out, you might stay 100% awake. Definitely not what I would recommend if you are looking for a completely pleasant and non-stimulating experience though. You could wake up in another dimension, temporarily forgetting that you drank the brew. I did wake up in a beautiful peaceful meadow one time. I yawn and feel sleepy with the comeup on mushrooms sometimes. In these cases it seems like I get a pre-hangover and feel the reverse once they wear off. I've never tried Amanita Muscaria before, but these will make you sleepy to the extreme, but again not necessarily free of anxiety and in this case potentially dangerous. AM is considered a deliriant as well. Whether or not opium is considered a "psychedelic", I would say that it can be extremely trippy. I had a similar fantasy of wanting a drug that produced visuals with no psychological effects.

I find psilacetin to make me yawn and I feel perfectly relaxed. I Think tryptamines in general are relaxing.

Just going to pop in and say do a LOT of research on amanitas. And when you think you've covered it all, read it again. As far as sleepy psychedelics, not really sure those
exist, though I've not even coveredmore than a fraction of those compounds.

Sorry for any weird formatting. My phone is acting up.