View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Non-Stimulating Hallucinogens?

CuriousTO

Greenlighter
I've experimented with a lot over the years.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience of hallucinating, however I'm wondering if there's anything out there that isn't also a stimulant. I recently got myself some AMT to try, but either the quality was shit, or it degraded on the way over, because I did a LOT of it, and only got somewhat high, but the body load was very unpleasant, and there were barely any hallucinations.. definitely not worth the 3-4 hour come up.

So anyway, are there any drugs that have hallucinogenic properties, but don't make one feel all sketched out?

The days of me wanting to go crazy and party are pretty much over (for the most part) but I often find myself wanting something to chill out with... put me in a good mood, upbeat, outgoing, happy, euphoric, etc, with visuals, but no speedy or over-stimulating effects.

There are tons of psychedelics that aren't considered stimulating in the traditional sense, although all of them will stimulate your mind and senses one way or another.

Probably you should look into the tryptamine class of psychedelics (aMT being one exception as it is meant to be stimulating). Personally I have found 4-aco-dmt, mushrooms and dpt to all be very sedentary.

Whether or not a drug makes you feel "sketched out" has as much to do with how you ride it as the drug itself IMO. Most PD drugs make me feel a bit sketched out at times!

Last edited:
depends on your body chemistry really, as most psychedelics are a bit stimulating to an extent at least...

however, ive found mushrooms, 4ho-met, met to be the least stimulating of the tryptamines, and 2c-c the least stimulating 2c. dissasiociatives might be a little sedating for some at the proper doses.

set and setting play a huge role as always, as lsd can be quite laid back too, as can lsz and even most tryptamines (5meomipt, known to be pretty party friendly, can get me rather relaxed too)

Thanks for the replies.

I should mention that I'm highly susceptible to anxiety, which is why I'm trying to avoid anything too stimulating. I find the anxious feeling I get even from mushrooms to be uncomfortable. It's not necessarily full out anxiety, but that 'feeling' you get from those drugs.. I dunno what to call it.

Sometimes I feel like I'm wishing for a drug that doesn't yet exist. :)

I haven't experimented much at all with tryptamines, so perhaps there's something there I might like.

The thing is, if a drug does have a slight speedy feel to it, it usually doesn't bother me so much if the positive effects of the drug far outweigh it, such as visuals, euphoria, uplifted mood, etc. I think it's because of all the shitty and weak stuff I've had over the years that I've grown to hate that skin crawling tingly nerve ending cold nose feeling.

Last edited:
comeup anxiety is a bit inherent in all psychedelics ive ever tried, for better or worse. in any case, that is also very set and setting dependent. having a proper palce and sufficient time for tripping and no worries for the days of the trip is best, as is knowing your dose. ROA can also have an impact, as some prefer a faster comeup while others like to ease into the experience.
also, try to avoid weed and synthetic noids as they all increase anxiety...

al-lad is quite friendly with little anxiety. low dose DOC is also marked by a long comeup that can relieve some anxiety (but some feel it causes more). however, both of these are rather stimulating in my exp

I find mushrooms to be rather sedentary and find LSZ to be neutral in terms of energy.

What about dissociatives, have u tried those? Feel pretty anxiety-free and kinda sedating

Dissociatives are so alluring to the anxiety free-desiring tripper...

They can be wonderful (at least MXE can, I haven't tried others) but they seem to me to be more hedonistic in nature. They lure you in with their friendly nature. Every time I do a psych after doing MXE a week prior I'm like, "Oh, so THIS is psychedelia" kinda thing. I mean they have their place, but the innate anxiety and tension of true psychedelics is what facilitates change in a person.

That said, Mushrooms and 2C-C are the most sedating of the psychs I have tried, with sleep being achievable while the effects of the mushrooms are still going.

could always try ketamine. definitely just makes you feel really, really, stupid for lack of a better word. Everything just seems really funny for some reason as well

it did feel pretty good too now that I think about it.

If anxiety is the problem, have you considered combining with benzo's with tryptamines? I've done this quite a lot (most often 4-aco-dmt + etizolam) and I've never suffered any anxiety (whereas I quite often do to some extent without benzo's). Some people reckon benzo's will dull a trip, but I can't say I've ever noticed that, at least not in terms of visuals. I guess it could dull your thought processes a bit, though that's not necessarily a bad thing.

LSA is a bit sedating, but the body load is horrible & it's a mild psychedelic at best. Tried any 2C-* chemicals or tryptamines other than AMT?

Lower doses + weed might be what you want, if you get the right strain. Weed varies greatly in effect depending on it's genetics & the balance of cannabinoids in it, some of it can be anti-anxiety, other weed can cause anxiety. Maybe CBD oil could help? That's supposed to be the anti-anxiety drug in weed. Weed will usually intensify psychedelics, so just half dose & have a joint to kick it in.

Benzos are really addictive & hard to come off, so don't do that too often.

as stated above, dissossiatives... otherwise 4-ho-met or 4-aco-dmt i would say... i also foud mescaline analogues to be very melllow ;)

Last edited:
When I smoked salvia extract I tripped balls and had no rapid heartbeat, no shortness of breath , no bug eyed bullshit...
everything around me turned into an egyptian desert land with pyramids and all that...and there was low gravity so when I was walking I felt like I was on the moon in a space suit. Nice, right?

salvia leaves maybe, otherwise regaring extract, despite the short duration a salvia trip can be quite stimulatig IME

It had a very calming effect on me and I was smoking the 30X extract , but I hope I didn't just give shit advice.

Salvia is hard to dose, effects different people or even the same person differently at different times, it has a reverse tolerance & it can be really easy to black out on. It's a very weird drug, too strange to be recreational really. It isn't very stimulating, it keeps me sat down or lays me out, it's short acting & I always feel nice afterwards, even if I blacked out on it. Almost like a k-hole without the nasty feeling. The amnesia is pretty annoying for me, if I get past mild effects then I can't remember what happened at all, I just black out. I need to hit a lot of raw leaf to get anything from it & it tastes a bit harsh, but just one or two tiny of hits from a good 5x extract can black me out.

BK-2C-B isn't very stimulating & seems easily controllable, but it's a new RC, it lasts 16 hours & I'm suffering some side effects from overdoing it. Been feeling pretty sketched out for the last couple of days off it, heavy body load that becomes unpleasant after abusing it.

Last edited:
My experiences with San Pedro cactus (full spectrum, not extracted mescaline) have had sleepy waves and sedation.
I get a similar (though more subtle) mellow feeling from methalyllescaline and certain 2C-x phenethylamine psychedelics - set and setting dependent, mind you.
Mushrooms and 4-AcO-DMT have me yawning and lethargic at times, but both - in fact all of the above - have their stimulant properties as well. Psychedelics can take you any which way.

2c-c is very calming is it not? I've never tried it.
The rest of the 2c-x chems I've tried (2c-b, 2c-i, 2c-e, 2c-p) have been very stimulating.
I recommend ketamine, very very relaxing and sedating and can send you on a lucid dream journey

Ketamine can be riskier & more addictive, imo. Some friends got messed up on it for a while. Maybe worth trying a few times, some people like it, but you can like it too much & get into trouble on it easily. I always got a bit of a comedown off it too. A good dose of mushrooms feels refreshing, it'll interrupt sleep if you take them too late in the day, but they're good taken during the day, if you can. Anxiety could easily ruin a mushroom trip, but if you can learn how to control it they can be great fun & they're not as anxiety inducing or stimulating as LSD can be.

You can always dose lower if anxiety is a problem, even under 0.5g of good dried mushrooms are enough for some nice threshold effects, closed eye visuals, happy mood, etc. I can feel 0.25g of really good & freshly dried liberty caps. They're much less stimulating & anxiety inducing at such low doses, more of a happy sociable thing.

Last edited:
I think the stimulation from the classic psychdelics varies with your experience. The first time I took LSD I was speeding my nuts off, but gradually you get more aware and more relaxed and don't really notice it.

I do get the sleepy jags on cactus tho - particularly when you're waiting for it to hit. Once it hits it's quite stimulating. Mushrooms are pretty relaxing and so is oral DMT.