• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

NO-vember '14 -- SL Gettin & Stayin Sober Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWESOME priest! good job!

day 93 clean and sober for me, counting down for my first real milestone, 100 days.

Congrats on 20 days, C.H!! And hang in there, you already know from experience that things WILL get better.... feel free to hit me up anytime if you wanna talk <3

My friend gets his suboxone this thursday. He's going to sell me 10 of them (8 mg each) and my plan is to taper with that. I asked him how long I should taper (he's been off and on it a long time), and I said "a few weeks or a month?" and he was like "no, five days - a week, max."

Thoughts? Does that sound about right for a rapid sub taper?

While some people do choose to stay on it longer if you are just using it to get over acute withdrawal from a short acting opiate 5-7 days is indeed all you need to make it tolerable. You won't need 10 pills either it can be done with two of the 8mg tabs or even less. Personally I've always been tempted to stay on it for longer periods of time because usually when I get my hands on some I have a whole script and I end taking them all and having to deal with bupe withdrawal as well. It really is a good drug if you can manage to keep the use to a week.

Good luck, it is way easier than going cold turkey. I'd recommend not buying all 10 unless you plan on staying on it for awhile, depending on your tolerance you may be able to get well on a single milligram. If you do end up making it a habit the withdrawal is long and dragged out like methadone withdrawal so really try to keep it short.

While some people do choose to stay on it longer if you are just using it to get over acute withdrawal from a short acting opiate 5-7 days is indeed all you need to make it tolerable. You won't need 10 pills either it can be done with two of the 8mg tabs or even less. Personally I've always been tempted to stay on it for longer periods of time because usually when I get my hands on some I have a whole script and I end taking them all and having to deal with bupe withdrawal as well. It really is a good drug if you can manage to keep the use to a week.

Good luck, it is way easier than going cold turkey. I'd recommend not buying all 10 unless you plan on staying on it for awhile, depending on your tolerance you may be able to get well on a single milligram. If you do end up making it a habit the withdrawal is long and dragged out like methadone withdrawal so really try to keep it short.

THe thing is, I'd never tried subs before this past weekend, I was going on vacation and didn't want to take dope on the plane, so my friend gave me 1 8mg pill. I cut it into quarters and took 2 mg friday night when I was pretty sick. It made me feel a lot better but I also had like 800 mg gabapentin on board. Then the next am I took 2 mg (thats what my friend said to do) and it didn't really seem to work that well. I took 1 mg that night, still only felt like 80 %, then the last 3 mg sunday morning, and again, just didn't feel that great. So I'm thinking of taking 4 mg a day for two days, then 3 for two days, 2 for 2 days, 1 for 2 days, then 1 every other day I guess for two days, and jump? They're the orange tablets, I can see how I'd cut a 1 mg piece but I don't see how I'd be able to cut a .5 piece without it just disintigrating :/ So that comes out to 9 days or so... is that still too long? Should I do 4 for one day, 3 for one day, 2 for 2 1 for 1, skip a day, take one more 1, and off?

I would shoot for no longer than 10 days, using subs to taper from H. Just ime and what I've learned…
I could be wrong, but I've heard less than 10 days the body/brain won't get used to a new opiate and take hold. Over 14 days max might start a new addiction.

9-10 days is ideal for me. I try to taper down to ~.25mg the last couple days (or the tiniest piece I can cut off a strip, haha.) but, with the tablets, I'd honestly take it intranasally as it seems the easiest way to take the increasingly small doses of the drug. Just take into account the higher BA when calculating doses. Good luck!

It is coming back and i feel it in my bones, it sucks.
Ive been on Efexor for half a year now and i would be very dissapointed if it is allready poopig me out, it really used to help me a lot.
I got it for suicidal depression and generalised anxiety, up to 225mg so there isn't much room for upping the dose.
The depression is on its return but the anxiety not so much, at least less then the depression.
I have a lot of helping thoughts, and a sleep aid, those are helping me too.
I am freaking proud of being sober too, and very determened to keep it that way.

I have been 95 days clean and sober now and it feels like the battle is going to start all over again, now in full effect, since i have no escape route anymore.
PTSD is hitting me hard too, nightmares and flashbacks it really sucks.
Im in a bad place right now damnit, i hate this shit when will it finally end...

Anyway, i spoke with my psychiatrist and we keep in check, tomorrow i start as a volunteer with animals (really looking forward to that) and am on the waitinglist for EMDR.
I could just be very tense for this new thing, combined with dealing with life without taking drugs and alchohol, and my psychiatric problems along with that.
We aggreed to see if after tomorrow i start to relax more over the course of days, if it doesn't we can look into the medication, perhaps add an antihistamine like promethazine or something for my ADD.

Anyways, im still not giving in, im so close to a hundred days clean and sober!!
And i really really like being sober, but its not easy man, at all....

Well, I had a breakthrough this weekend. Something just clicked inside of me. It's like I'm a new person.

Son Of a Bitch, Everything's Real...yep.

I use to be late to work because I slept in..or whatever...even during my 17+months of sobriety last year, I could not get up for work to save my life...but I didn't get any sleep for the first 4months of that sobriety. Now, I'm late for work in the mornings because I want to wake up and hang out with my 14month old daughter. It's amazing to me...I never thought that there would be anyone I'd ever put before myself, but surprise at what the (multi)universe will bring to you if you are open and connected.

But anyways...I've finally found another musician to play with. We've only had one jam together, but I really think we have something. I suck at guitar, but I was feeling every note I was playing with an old friend, and this new kid, on drums or bass(I didn't get to really play anything else though). My wife is also getting very talented on drums. She's been grooving on my synth for quite a while, and she's starting to pick up bass...so if this new kid doesn't want to get serious, she is in training.:)

I try to live a thought out life. I try to think about how this action effects the world. For example, I vape, so I may pull out my mod, but I go outside with the smokers(isn't fully banned around my area yet). Or another example, I'm at a store, and I come in contact with someone working there, or just shopping. I try to make eye contact with that person, and just say "Hey, how are you doing?....you have a great day." It may not seem like much, but just that little chit-chat, or a compliment, could make someone's day...be warned, there are some very chatty people out there, but you can learn something new from something you've heard before from a different person.:)

I notice on the days that I don't do simple stuff like this, I am in a complete funk..even with my hobbies and businesses.

Today is a great day, and that will only make tomorrow even better....yeah, rent is due at the end of the month, and hopefully the utility company will give me an extension, until the next bill's cutoff date, because I am broke from taking off so much from being sick from bupre/alpra jump...but everything will be fine. I can't let this kind of stuff get to me.

And we all need to remember this: We don't only intake nutrients from eating and drinking. We are absorbing through all of our senses. If we're hanging out with losers, hearing about a bunch of high school drama bullshit, watching the plethora of soul cancer available on TV and the radio.., no matter how awesome we are, we will end up sinking to that level. Elevate ourselves in every way possible, and experience something new, and set and example for others that may see this way of life...(Yeah, my girl showed me that on some facebook..or whatever.. I've always lived this way, but it was very refreshing to hear that on an internet video.)

I just remember getting stopped in circle, being told to reword my statements better... WE are in this together...regardless if you're having troubles with addiction/alcoholism/other bs or a non-addict/alcoholic.

I haven't taken anything in a week+(outside of the extremely low amounts of nicotine from vaping), but today is day 1, and it will always be day 1.

Congrats to everyone that's trying, and congrats to everyone succeeding.

One

Status
Not open for further replies.