• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

NO-vember '14 -- SL Gettin & Stayin Sober Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Captain!

Erik, when I switched to sub it was because I was just tired of the run around that came with pills. Running out, looking for more, having to wait and wd, missing out on other more important things. I switched because I didn't want anything to do with it. Thanks for your support.

Smoky, that is exactly it! I'm mentally over it. I have no depression over not getting high anymore. I don't miss it the least bit. I actually only took 4mg of sub today and did just fine.

Can you take sub only when you withdraw? Like.. if I wouldnt take any tomorrow or the next day and just waited for withdrawal, and then took a little to alleviate the wd symptoms? And continued on like that until I felt like the wd was manageable or is that not a good idea? I know I will not escape this unscathed... I suffer from bipolar and generalized anxiety disorder which was why I started taking pain medication in the first place. 100%.counterproductive. I know I've already made huge steps. Thank you.

I just worry about having violent unmanageable wds because of what happened to me when I went CT off of klonopin. I mean, I lived, so I guess I should be looking at it like... If I could get through that, I can do this. I am prone to depression because of the bipolar. I do not want to end up in the hospital, suicidal.

Ugh. They get you on your way in and on your way out.

Although, I do see a light at the end of this tunnel. I feel like I could quit taking sub tomorrow but I know what comes and I don't want to royally shock my body.

B12? Amino acids? I'm trying to prepare my body for the jump prior to the junp.

Sorry this is so long. I have a million things to say and nowhwere to say them.

Thanks again!!!!

Gypsy. Xoxo.

Hey everyone, thinking after this next music festival, i is going to stop taking all substances inc alcohol for a good amount of time, so count me in

I finally got paid for a big job I did, and was able to pay off my bills and shit, and the extra loot in my pocket triggered me hard. I spent hours unhealthily researching (and feeding the temptation) new RC stims and browsing online marketplaces. Reading a bunch of SL threads reinforced my willpower, though, and I put the money in my kids' Christmas fund. phew. This is the hardest season for me!

Thanks, Captain!

Erik, when I switched to sub it was because I was just tired of the run around that came with pills. Running out, looking for more, having to wait and wd, missing out on other more important things. I switched because I didn't want anything to do with it. Thanks for your support.

Smoky, that is exactly it! I'm mentally over it. I have no depression over not getting high anymore. I don't miss it the least bit. I actually only took 4mg of sub today and did just fine.

Can you take sub only when you withdraw? Like.. if I wouldnt take any tomorrow or the next day and just waited for withdrawal, and then took a little to alleviate the wd symptoms? And continued on like that until I felt like the wd was manageable or is that not a good idea? I know I will not escape this unscathed... I suffer from bipolar and generalized anxiety disorder which was why I started taking pain medication in the first place. 100%.counterproductive. I know I've already made huge steps. Thank you.

I just worry about having violent unmanageable wds because of what happened to me when I went CT off of klonopin. I mean, I lived, so I guess I should be looking at it like... If I could get through that, I can do this. I am prone to depression because of the bipolar. I do not want to end up in the hospital, suicidal.

Ugh. They get you on your way in and on your way out.

Although, I do see a light at the end of this tunnel. I feel like I could quit taking sub tomorrow but I know what comes and I don't want to royally shock my body.

B12? Amino acids? I'm trying to prepare my body for the jump prior to the junp.

Sorry this is so long. I have a million things to say and nowhwere to say them.

Thanks again!!!!

Gypsy. Xoxo.

Hi Gypsy,

How are you doing now?
I understand not wanting to end up in the hospital. I've been there myself multiple times

It seems like you have made that switch in your mind and are ready. For me that's what it took. I just said enough it enough and started tapering, as well as prepared myself for the day after my last dose. I did this with heroin, with roxies once, used subs for a while once and another time methadone.

There are many options but indeed I would start stocking up for when you are off the subs.
L Glutamine is great, it crosses the blood brain barrier and slows things down. L tyrosine, vit b6 helps and also with absorption, vitamin C. You might or might not want to use cold medicine dxm, and or loperamide depending on how many mg of subs you jump from as well as if you have access to Clonidine/Gabapentin.
The Thomas recipe is great as well: opiatewithdrawaltips.com/thomas-recipe/

Clonidine does wonders for bp. It really saved me at night.

As far as the subs what did you decide to do?
I know how much you want to be done with this and others may disagree, but if you have a bipolar diagnosis and have been on the subs for 5 months, I personally wouldn't jump straight off of suboxone from 6 mgs, then take it when withdrawal kicks in. That's an option but it's very difficult to do. Maybe after you get down to 1-2 mgs … but I would taper to a lower dose first most definitely… and stock up in the interim with otc meds.

Best,
Smoky <3 :)

Last edited:
Yes Smoky, I think you´ve learnt how to cope and are doing a great job.
The thing about withdraw is that I really can not have those anymore.
I believe I reached my limit and simply couldn´t do it once more. That´s what keeps me sober.
I can still remember in detail everything and the terrible ongoing fight you have with yourself not to go backwards.
In addition with all the pain, and 8+ days suffering in agony with your body and mind. I felt that was not human.
And the last time I really thought I wasn´t going to survive.

You´ve mentioned bipolar diagnosis and I had the borderline of that.
Still have problems in accepting the meds as they make me sleepy all the time.
I feel that I´m never going to be 100% okay anymore. I try my best, but it´s becoming really tiring lately..

Gypsy, I know what you mean, specially when it´s not one or two meds you depend on.
It´s constantly making you worry and not at all good for you in a long term.
Wish you all the best!
E.

Last edited:
Hey Erik, its better to live 90% without drugs then going on with feeling 0% 99 % of the time. When you've been through withdrawl enough times and have reached that absolute state of torture and pain any life without drugs is a relief, so what you don't get 'that feeling' anymore from time to time, its absolutely noth worth anything at all.

The outside world has a complete twisted view on addiction, like its going from one high to the other in some selfcentred ego trip or something. They don't really understand how at one point the only way to feel at all is taking some poisonous substance that is ruiining their life, the most evil paradox in human existance if you ask me.

I have that too, side effects of my medications, sometimes i feel more tired, sometimes i have these annoying headaches. But its a walk in the park on a sunny day compared to feeling suicidal all day long, nausues, anxious, trainwrecked, depressed, sick,. fed up, tired...

NO-vember equalls a big YES to life, freedom, and no more boundries.

Now (after reading more BL), I feel so lucky that I never tried any kind of opiate/opioid.....

My case (poli drug use) is a joke compared to all things that you can read around here.

Good luck to all!!!

Last edited:
I might be forced off the methadone that has helped me get my life back. I possibly have benzos in my system. I'm scared of tapering 2mg a day and not being able to stop it even by self pay. I havent used opioids since i started.

I am determined though if i detox no matter how bad i feel i will not use heroin/ dilaudid/ morphine / opana / or any other very potent one. Im done. ( I hope 8):?:p )

Gosh, BL helps me so much.

Without the interaction, I don't know what I'd do. So thank you all so so much.

Smoky, I am definitely not going to jump at 6mg and I've decided against waiting for wds and then taking a piece and so on and so forth. That almost seems silly now.I'd be putting myself through hell so many times before jumping when I can just deal with it when I actually jump. I've decided that I am going to jump at .5 or .25mg.

In the meantime, I will stock up on the things you have listed. I have klonopin, which I only take when absolutely neccessary (they are prescribed for my generalized anxiety disorder and I would never abuse those again after knowing the wd from them, but I guess it is good that I have something like that for backup) I will be asking my doctor about gaba and I will be starting my Zoloft tomorrow to assist me with my depression side of bipolar.

What I failed to mention is that my psychiatrist actually prescribed me suboxone for my mental health. I took it because I knew I wanted off of opiates and figured, this would take care of my mental disability and getting me off of opiates. 2 birds, 1 stone. However, knowing what I know about opiate wd and that sub is pretty much leading me there anyways, I would rather be free of it and go back to managing my mental disabilities the proper way.

Don't ask me how a therapist decided to place me on suboxone. It was thought that my bipolar was directly related to the same receptors that opiates work with. Before opiates I had body pain, and I was checked for fibromyalgia and so on and nothing. They figured and did studies that mental stress is directly related to physical pain... Boom, on suboxone.

I've found only a few threads linking opiates to mental health assistance. But really, it is going backwards. Everything that I've numbed, is going to come back ten fold.

So I'm sure you can all imagine why I want off. And I am surely on my way. I feel very strongly about this. And it just isn't the life I want. I think at this point, I'd rather cry for a few days or weeks than remain on suboxone for any longeRbthan my taper needs.

Thanks everyone.

Gypsy.

Captain Heroin, you're in the thick of it. I remember thinking that if I could just make it past the first 7 days, I'd be out of the worst of it. But my second 7 days were just as bad. There's always someone here...you're never totally alone.

Yes Smoky, I think you´ve learnt how to cope and are doing a great job.
The thing about withdraw is that I really can not have those anymore.
I believe I reached my limit and simply couldn´t do it once more. That´s what keeps me sober.
I can still remember in detail everything and the terrible ongoing fight you have with yourself not to go backwards.
In addition with all the pain, and 8+ days suffering in agony with your body and mind. I felt that was not human.
And the last time I really thought I wasn´t going to survive.

You´ve mentioned bipolar diagnosis and I had the borderline of that.
Still have problems in accepting the meds as they make me sleepy all the time.
I feel that I´m never going to be 100% okay anymore. I try my best, but it´s becoming really tiring lately..

Gypsy, I know what you mean, specially when it´s not one or two meds you depend on.
It´s constantly making you worry and not at all good for you in a long term.
Wish you all the best!
E.

Yes, I don't have another withdrawal in me… I relate. No way on earth! My body can't take that again… :)

82 clean and sober

Im just very, very tired last days, lot of stress, it is a struggle at the moment, 2 steps forward, and now one back, ill survive no prob.

hang in there!

Captain Heroin, you're in the thick of it. I remember thinking that if I could just make it past the first 7 days, I'd be out of the worst of it. But my second 7 days were just as bad. There's always someone here...you're never totally alone.

Thanks. That means a lot.

I am trying to feel better and I think I am over the hump of it

Much <3 everyone

wow! congrats to all of you guys! today is my beginning of being out of weed!

Congratulations, Phactor! That's inspiring. Today is 3 months for me. Feeling pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.