• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

No one goes to prison for weed?

it depends how much you're carrying here, but a ton of people in my town are stoners so the cops don't really bother with a gram or two. you only really get into deep shit if you've been caught dealing, have intentions to deal or are growing it yourself.
it really sucks and i think it should be legal in all countries TBH. canada's had it legal since 2018 and amsterdam's been doing it even longer (albeit just decriminalised) and they're fine, so i don't see any reason not to legalise it here.

I think about his family mainly. He had a wife and kids , an ex wife and kids , and I wanna say a bastard kid somewhere. Everyone knew about each other he supported all of them selling weed and working his ass off in a factory. Coolest guy you'd ever know too.

They got him on a rico federal charge
Money laundering
50.5 lbs possession
I think he was a felon already too.

We will probably never see him again . He was a really really good person.
I’m sorry to hear this. And something that stuck out to me was the prior felony. Felons, especially decades back were stigmatized and given no real chance to make it. Not that some didn’t turn their life around, just most found it hard with the felon tag.
RICO is no joke. And to center it around weed? Lol… were there any murders or violence tied to the RICO?

Update one is still in prison, yes for selling weed. Fed time 25 years for moving weed across state lines.
I think about his family mainly. He had a wife and kids , an ex wife and kids , and I wanna say a bastard kid somewhere. Everyone knew about each other he supported all of them selling weed and working his ass off in a factory. Coolest guy you'd ever know too.

They got him on a rico federal charge
Money laundering
50.5 lbs possession
I think he was a felon already too.

We will probably never see him again . He was a really really good person.
jesus christ, that's awful : (
such a long sentence for cannabis is so fucked.

it depends how much you're carrying here, but a ton of people in my town are stoners so the cops don't really bother with a gram or two. you only really get into deep shit if you've been caught dealing, have intentions to deal or are growing it yourself.
it really sucks and i think it should be legal in all countries TBH. canada's had it legal since 2018 and amsterdam's been doing it even longer (albeit just decriminalised) and they're fine, so i don't see any reason not to legalise it here.
Ridiculous. I guess I’m just so used to being in a cannabis friendly state in the US that I forget this stuff still exists. What a strange time when an invisible line makes something legal or illegal. Sounds so fucking dumb but it’s true.

Ridiculous. I guess I’m just so used to being in a cannabis friendly state in the US that I forget this stuff still exists. What a strange time when an invisible line makes something legal or illegal. Sounds so fucking dumb but it’s true.
i have a good feeling it'll be legalised here within my lifetime if i don't kick the bucket at 25 so that's a positive at least B)
if not in the next few years then i swear to god i'm gonna fuck off to canada or something

i have a good feeling it'll be legalised here within my lifetime if i don't kick the bucket at 25 so that's a positive at least B)
if not in the next few years then i swear to god i'm gonna fuck off to canada or something
Jamaica or Canada depending on the climate you prefer. Both love their cannabis and shroomies!! Mush love to that!!!

Jamaica or Canada depending on the climate you prefer. Both love their cannabis and shroomies!! Mush love to that!!!
canada def. bit hard to dress in a way which screams 'I'M AN EMO STONER' when all you own is black clothing and you live in jamaica.

one of my close friends lives in canada and it sounds so fun there... he tells me there's dispensaries on pretty much every block. could you fucking imagine..

canada def. bit hard to dress in a way which screams 'I'M AN EMO STONER' when all you own is black clothing and you live in jamaica.

one of my close friends lives in canada and it sounds so fun there... he tells me there's dispensaries on pretty much every block. could you fucking imagine..
That “emo stoner” part gave me a good laugh buddy (not at you, with you). I totally get it. Forget Jamaica then. Canada does seem like a chill country to live. Pros and cons and to each their own…. There are 8 dispensaries within 10 miles of my house but tbh I’d rather grow it. Same with shrooms. Enough seeds and agar transfers can keep you filled up with each until death.

One of my close friends lives in canada and it sounds so fun there... He tells me there's dispensaries on pretty much every block.

That's actually part of a national mirage built on half-truths and lies-by-omission, depending on where you stand. When it comes to « dispensaries » this is a sub-culture which was simply reserved to a minority of individuals instrumentalized to serve politicalization, medicalization, judiciarization and now industrialization. The fact is in Québec most consumers as myself relied on reputation and trust instead, which did reflect in the August 24th report of Bill G20 Blair's « Task Force » under the form of Hydropothicary constituting our single *1* and ONLY federally-approved "LP" while the Québec city "compassion" center was closed by police, leaving just the 1 in Montréal to serve a whole province... In Limoilou where i lived (between mid-2008 and early 2001 exactly), i even noticed the boutique 'Le Shaman' going down although it didn't sell any cannabis at all:

Once installed in Shawinigan it wasn't long before « Smart Meters » popped up in our environment, a system supposed to assist with maintenance and theft, initially... Under Harper i managed to experience 1st-hand home-grows sort of late in life after being held in alienation + ignorance for decades, then arrived Justin Trudeau. Better not start me on that one except to point out the cat 'n mouse chasing game never really stopped, quite on the contrary. Just ask about the popular riot in Montréal-Nord which local TV failed to present in its full perspective, where a French-speaking unarmed immigrant got KILLED by police over 8 oz not even gathered from the victim's own pockets, etc.; because the conservatives were pressurizing kid-kodak (with the help of China agents it seems...), so his father's son insisted the police should continue to perform their "duties", that prohibition would still stand and later declaring at the Toronto Star near the end of that same year that it his « incidental » reform wouldn't try "to please" consumers anyway. Now if you've heard about the "Two Solitudes" in Canada from that same friend then it's easy to understand how Québec and Manitoba (country of Louis Riel) became politically sacrificed, allowing others to feel like dancing elsewhere and spread the "good news" in absence of suitable nuances.

Nonetheless Google remembers that i made it my personal duty to leave some of my own personal appreciation about the many twists on our miserable path which i'd certainly not qualify as "fun", bits & pieces of this getting indexed in the process and that's how i was able to provide you a reference today.

Briefly put, be advised the devil hides in details indeed having to deal with Prohibition 2.0!

Good day, have fun!! Depending on which province you chose...

☮️

Last edited:
What delayed NY for about a year is I think there was an initiative to clean criminal records too. Not sure how that worked but I felt it noble. I mean if a person is sitting in jail for weed then they need to get out and get their record clean. PERIOD. I am not sure of the details but NY did something to that effect. At least with criminal records. What is the point of just legalizing and ignoring the damage it has done to people?

I have had friends do 3 years in the 1980's for quarter pounds of weed. Thanks to Nancy and Ronald Regan. Seems crazy and it does sort of irritate me that I am still jaded over that. Glad the youngins today don't have to worry but I had to be paranoid for 43 years. I still hide the stuff even though I can get it next to my town deli. High quality stuff, the owner shows you the bud and crystals through the misroscope. Truly one hit stuff!

I never went to jail or suffered any legal issues resulting from Cannabis possession. I did get very nervous hanging on to larger quantities (say 1/2 lb or more) but never any trouble.

Prior to legalization in Canada, over 10,000 people per years were being issued fines, tickets and etc.

It varies depending in where you live. I’m in a small town of 7500 in Nova Scotia. They have 1 dispensary, a government run one (pretty good prices actually).

Ontario has a massive mail order government system
Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta have private run stores, legal delivery/courier service. Manitoba’s capital Winnipeg now has ~70 stores (maybe more) and have a couple of retail chains operating.

Tom

In the 70's, you hardly got in trouble for just smoking pot. People would even have a little weight and get let go. Some cops smoked, and so many people smoked that cops didn't want to get too weird.

However, it just took a politician to change things quite a bit. A decade or two later you were worried about drug testing at work and many or most had to quit.

So, now that the double 20's are the 70's again, always remember that there could be a backlash, it could be severe, and that such things can garner votes and power.

Don't take shit for granted. Be vigilant and vote.

Bullshit they don't. I almost got thrown in a whole with 12 beds and over 70 inmates for "constructive possession" meaning the two snitchin uffers in the car both pointed at me when the pipe was found in their car. I said nothing and ended up eating a charge and almost facing said circumstance. Granted much more was going on behind the scenes......bottom line is they found a pipe and threatened to throw me away for good. (see being a small white dude having seizures would not have worked for me). Luckily I had a damn good lawyer and followed my terms and conditions of probe.

as far as this 'the police don't care about pot' your so so wrong. They suspected i was selling 8ths to 3 or 4 friends so they got a CI to tag along with one of them and ask. Told a WIRED CI "NO I DONT SELL DRUGS" verbatim on 3 seperate occasions......at which point they got a warrant for my trash. Where they found stems and empty packs of zig zags. Next thing you know door kicked down. Reading the report, Zig-Zags were found in his garbage and drug dealers often roll joints up before hand to sell them, based on the # of zig zag packets blah blah. NO KNOCK PATRIOT ACT WARRANT. this was MI is 04 I wanna say but the harassment has been equally consistent ever since so dates get blurred with there other sideswipes at me. Ask if you wish.

It's certainly always best to assume cops are your enemy - hoping they'll be "nice" to you is going to fuck you up sooner or later.

ACAB.

M'well, the collective deadly-armed forces did apply high-profile pressure at all government levels where i live and please also take note there's quite some difference betwen negativism, which is a reaction to negative situations, vs negationism which is to deny such situations even occured at all...

Hey, So My mom works in a prison as a Correctional Officer. Me and her often talk about legalizing marijuana and I always throw that it cost us money to house people who are in there for cannabis violations. She says NO One goes to prison for pot, and that if anyone tells me this they are liars. Prison is for real criminals, not stoners.

Now, I always see stuff that if legalized it would help the prisons. So why do people go in for it? Do they really? I cant see getting a year for having a pound, or can I?

Anyone have any links that show proof. I cant find any and this would also help with my research project!

Thanks <3
I can post 200k results from Texas that your mom is incorrect. Possession of anything 4 ounces or more is a state jail felony

Texas Laws and Penalties - NORML https://norml.org/laws/texas-penalties-2/?amp

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can...legal,penalties or limit enforcement, however.

Currently half a million Texans on probation 22k from weed alone .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...hundreds-of-texans-imprisoned/?outputType=amp

Took 5 minutes of searching, why couldn't you just look it up you'reself?