• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

No one goes to prison for weed?

they know you can still drive stoned but they are bitches about it

^
Nah thats the thing. They've passed laws where I live that make driving under the influence of drugs (any illicit drug) illegal and carry the same penalty as drink driving. It's just hard to enforce as not every cop car has a drug swab testing kit with them.

Basically what I'm saying is most of the police I come in contact with aren't very good at their jobs and to "protect and serve" doesn't seem to be their priority at all.

I can't believe that shit. The world is still so fucking backwards, it may be the year 2009 but we still have so much retarded nonsensical bullshit such as this going on FFS!.

Where I live in Australia if your caught with weed, they just confiscate it and give you a $100 fine or a chance to go to a 'cannabis education session' instead. That is still absolutely rediculous though.

I was stopped by the police once with about 2 grams of bud on me, they took it, gave me a fine and then let me drive away. They clearly knew I was stoned, yet I could still drive away. All they seemed to care about was taking the weed and fining me. My safety was obviously not the concern. This has happened on another occasion too when the cops pulled me and a friend over just minutes after smoking, but we had none left, so they searched every inch of the car, then left, knowing we were blazed and we're going to drive.

I would be happy if they let me off shit. They really can't prove your under the influence of weed though. I remember seeing this show on TLC or something, i think it was "Speeders". They pulled over some dude, he admitted to smoking pot like an hour ago. They just gave him a sobriety test and let him go.

As you can see from above, it all boils down to a couple of items. 1) Where you geographically (courts, legal cases, attitude of the judges), 2) The amount you possess, 3) How motivated the cops are, and 4) How motivated the prosecutors are.

Are there people in prison for pot? Yes. But it sure isn't for an 1/8...

Yea canada is actually pretty nice to pot smokers. Police officers (not all of them) are aware that a lot of people smoke it.

Unless they catch you with a big stash of it, they might arrest you but I doubt you will go for a long time in jail.

Once I was just rolling a joint with my friend in a park. A policeman came, took my joint, throw it down, step on it and told me and my friend not to stay here. So yea some are actually pretty cool :]

It's just a warning up till the 3rd time your caught in my state in Australia for up to 14g, 28g if your under 18. God bless NSW

Here in New Zealand you're more likely to get a fine for posessing weed (maybe even just a warning if it's a small amount, and the cop is in a good mood!). You really only face jail time for supplying or growing cannabis.

People who are in prison for marijuana violations are usually people who plead down from a bigger charge down to the weed stuff. My Dad was a cop, and my Mom worked at a prison for years, so I should know my stuff.

The exception to this is if you have a whole lot. The only person I know who has gone to prison over weed was my friends Dad, who spent 19 years of his life in prison for transporting a few hundred pounds in an 18 Wheeler.

I would be happy if they let me off shit. They really can't prove your under the influence of weed though. I remember seeing this show on TLC or something, i think it was "Speeders". They pulled over some dude, he admitted to smoking pot like an hour ago. They just gave him a sobriety test and let him go.

Not here down under mate. Police have roadside saliva tests for THC, MDMA and meth. It detects if you have had the drug recently. If they suspect you are on something they can test you.

You can get caught with weed and get let off of ok, just dont be driving stoned. The governments trying to clamp down on the death rate on roads over here. They think weed is more of a probable than booze. The penalty for getting caught, whilst not jail, is more severe.

^
Yeah I saw this big poster down at a licensing centre recently. It was a picture of a beer bottle, full of smoke, with smoke whisping out of the top of the bottle. And the heading read "Smoke and drive and your as good as drunk".

I believe in California have 3oz+ of marijuana is 'intent to sell'. I got pulled over b/c we were smoking weed in my car. No ticket, not even an official 'warning'. Cop just let me go with the small talk, "If I ever seen you driving around smoking/speeding...." I know many people who've gotten off easy because they just gave their weed to the cop, and went on their merry way.

@Nib: Wait, someone was speeding while stoned? If anything I'd think he'd get pulled over for going 20mph UNDER the speed limit.

Prison is for real criminals, not stoners.

Yeah thats certainly the way things should be. Unfortuantely its not.

Where im from the drug laws are really quite liberal, the kind of place where you can blaze up in the street and if worst comes to worst the cops will ask you to put it out, possesion of more than 1g leads to a small fine.

Despite this, people still go to prison for weed. I think the law here is 1 months per 100g's of hash.

Smoking pot will not land you in prison in most places but if you buy large amounts for personal consumption or if you sell the shit then YES you can and most likely WILL go to prison.

And im assuming your from America? I've been watching that show "COPS" for years and i've seen shitloads of dudes 'taken downtown' for being in possession of MJ.

I've been watching that show "COPS" for years and i've seen shitloads of dudes 'taken downtown' for being in possession of MJ.

I always watch Cops... That kinda shit blows my mind man. They pull out their fucking GUNS! and everything. The whole "PUT YOUR HANDS UP, WHERE I CAN SEE THEM NOW!" etc etc. All kinds of retarded ego-driven bullshit over a guy just smoking some weed in his car. I know they have to do it because they just don't know what kind of person they're dealing with and if they're armed. But damn.

3 of my friends r in prison right now for pot . 2 for selling 1 for provation violation

For the most part that is true, not many people go to prison simply for possession. There is a difference between jail and prison.

Ive gone to jail 3 times for weed, not prison, 2 times for 30 days once for 15. i had possesion with intent and i only got 30

Update one is still in prison, yes for selling weed. Fed time 25 years for moving weed across state lines.
14 fucking years later? I swear on everything I love I was thinking on this subject yesterday and wether or not people are still down after serving massive time for weed.

Absolutely mind boggling as well as troubling!

Time your friend can never get back. Such a shame. Is there anyone working on their behalf to seek an early release or something stipulated so the person can get back to society?

14 fucking years later? I swear on everything I love I was thinking on this subject yesterday and wether or not people are still down after serving massive time for weed.

Absolutely mind boggling as well as troubling!

Time your friend can never get back. Such a shame. Is there anyone working on their behalf to seek an early release or something stipulated so the person can get back to society?
I think about his family mainly. He had a wife and kids , an ex wife and kids , and I wanna say a bastard kid somewhere. Everyone knew about each other he supported all of them selling weed and working his ass off in a factory. Coolest guy you'd ever know too.

They got him on a rico federal charge
Money laundering
50.5 lbs possession
I think he was a felon already too.

We will probably never see him again . He was a really really good person.