• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nitrous Oxide "ghosts", invisible people, auras and spirits

I go through nos phases, I Take a bunch of shrooms and have many nangs. I see auras heaps, ive seen spirits, sometimes of friends etc but also dark sinister spirits , i also have had the TV telling me things on many occasions(every time i'm by a TV ). I always feel that there is a higher power pulling the strings. I know everything during the trip then forget. I get the feeling many people have tried to decipher it but no one has, and to stop before you go nuts.
pretty much most trips i create music in my head, and it gets me up and dancing. always the same tune, very much like psycore. I have thought of nos as a way of dimension hopping, but i believe NOS can cause temporary delusions, psychosis etc.. so i wouldn't recommend believing too deeply into the nos experience. But its fun to chase that knowledge , just take lots of breaks and that will keep it special. Id say more but these are my own delusions and will only ever make sense to me. I think with nos is all about the experience not trying to figure it out to tell others. Lovely with any psychedelic's!

Yes, shrooms and nitrous is King.
About 5g with 100bulbs and some good bud is a total ego meltdown.

If you are really doing that much nitrous, buy one of those oximeters that clip on your finger. Make sure you are just feeling the nitrous and not hypoxia. I have found you can maintain a nice buzz doing about one cart a minute and your blood oxygen will not drop below 90. I have had those halucinations but that was with a 20 pound bottle, not whippits.

If you are really doing that much nitrous, buy one of those oximeters that clip on your finger. Make sure you are just feeling the nitrous and not hypoxia. I have found you can maintain a nice buzz doing about one cart a minute and your blood oxygen will not drop below 90. I have had those halucinations but that was with a 20 pound bottle, not whippits.
How quickly did you go through the 20 pound container of nitrous-oxide? I have an oximeter but it is used when I do cardiovascular exercise.

I have had somewhat similar revelations, but not from Nitrous. I don't touch that.

My very first conscious memory is of a strange recurring dream as a newborn. Completely unexplainable but later forgotten as it faded from experience as I grew older.

It returned on a few significant occasions, giving guidance and acknowledgement.

Then later in my mid twenties after choosing to immerse myself in a spiritually-oriented lifestyle while trying to be my best self (I still aspire to this time period - best of my life, everything just came together perfectly. ) This one time I had the single experience of being called from my body, I Now, I had no body, was not corporeal, just a sensation that a certain area of energy was "me". So "I" flew through what I thought at the time of as space, in such brillant brightness everything was black. You could feel the warmth of the brightness so bright it was the darkest pitch black (? I know.) and this sense of acceptance and LOVE (it felt so strong "I" (the energy mass area I was made up of) had almost electrical vibratory ripples. Like nothing you could ever feel or experience here, on Earth, in a body. Like, our love, is not even a reference point. This amazed and distracted me from the light speed my energy mass/consciousness/soul etc. was travelling through this blindingly bright dark space.

Then, I arrived at the meeting with the counsel? Guardians? Representatives? Three of the thirteen wise ones. They were also energy fields, but I had the sense of two males and a female. We then communicated telepathically (since of course no body, no mouths), and they explained it was time for my life check in. They confirmed I remembered my goals for this life, challenged me about whether I was on track, and if I felt prepared for what was next, or if I should scale back on the tests I would face. We also did a review of other past lives (the recurring dream from earlier), and how I chose the important people in my life, and if I still desired to be one of the 13 eventually which required multi life challenges and trials before I could be confirmed.

Then I was whisked back to my body and every day consciousness.

I was so startled I buried the experience for years but memories keep popping up

I have never been diagnosed with any mental illnesses, and otherwise lead a very typical experiences life. I realize the insanity, hence tried to just not give it any thought. Still strange experiences I cannot explain fully as one theory, however cases can be made for the different parts of the experiences.

Just thought I'd share my somewhat similar experiences.

Last edited:
I have had somewhat similar revelations, but not from Nitrous. I don't touch that.

My very first conscious memory is of a strange recurring dream as a newborn. Completely unexplainable but later forgotten as it faded from experience as I grew older.

It returned on a few significant occasions, giving guidance and acknowledgement.

Then later in my mid twenties after choosing to immerse myself in a spiritually-oriented lifestyle while trying to be my best self (I still aspire to this time period - best of my life, everything just came together perfectly. ) This one time I had the single experience of being called from my body, I Now, I had no body, was not corporeal, just a sensation that a certain area of energy was "me". So "I" flew through what I thought at the time of as space, in such brillant brightness everything was black. You could feel the warmth of the brightness so bright it was the darkest pitch black (? I know.) and this sense of acceptance and LOVE (it felt so strong "I" (the energy mass area I was made up of) had almost electrical vibratory ripples. Like nothing you could ever feel or experience here, on Earth, in a body. Like, our love, is not even a reference point. This amazed and distracted me from the light speed my energy mass/consciousness/soul etc. was travelling through this blindingly bright dark space.

Then, I arrived at the meeting with the counsel? Guardians? Representatives? Three of the thirteen wise ones. They were also energy fields, but I had the sense of two males and a female. We then communicated telepathically (since of course no body, no mouths), and they explained it was time for my life check in. They confirmed I remembered my goals for this life, challenged me about whether I was on track, and if I felt prepared for what was next, or if I should scale back on the tests I would face. We also did a review of other past lives (the recurring dream from earlier), and how I chose the important people in my life, and if I still desired to be one of the 13 eventually which required multi life challenges and trials before I could be confirmed.

Then I was whisked back to my body and every day consciousness.

I was so startled I buried the experience for years but memories keep popping up

I have never been diagnosed with any mental illnesses, and otherwise lead a very typical experiences life. I realize the insanity, hence tried to just not give it any thought. Still strange experiences I cannot explain fully as one theory, however cases can be made for the different parts of the experiences.

Just thought I'd share my somewhat similar experiences.
Were you on drugs or lucid dreaming when this happened? I have had out of body experiences while lucid dreaming where I left my body, traveled through space, went to the cellular level of a plant, and then went back into my body and woke up. I was not on any drugs, and the out of body experience-if that is what it was?-was not like the type you get if you take a large dose of LSD, mushrooms, or if you eat lots of Sativa type marijuana or hash.

Were you on drugs or lucid dreaming when this happened?

Actually, I believe I was home with some friends after the club, I had taken some MDMA (somewhere between 1-2 pills, which I did most weekends back then - about 2005 I think?). I had recently been seeing people's auras more consistently, and especially so with a little chemical assistance. That makes sense when you are careful enough with the MDMA to still get the visual effects and tracers... or, that's how I tried to explain it away because who would admit to such magikal thinking/experiences? I'd be looked at like a complete crackpot, or have the guys in white suits nab me for all kinds of experiments.

It's so weird, I remember some of that night, but how I went into a trance/oobe while sitting chatting with friends without anyone questioning my "departure", is still an unrevealed mystery to me. It took a long time for me to remember enough to put this much together, I denied and buried it so deep in my psyche.

I can't explain how I just trust the experience, it was more real than reality, how it helped consolidate all the bits of various religious and spiritual teachings I cherry picked parts of and how it seemed to provide situations to confirm whether I was on the right path (I always was, weird, I expected to get a few things wrong as I understand people can't always be right as much as I seem to be about these beliefs.

The recurring dream, that too is way more strange then I've let on as well - like the OP mentioned above, it would pick up from a left off spot, always one of three different scenes. The incredible part, though, was it was of a known past life I'd had, as a ~12 year old novice initiate in Eastern China, where I lived in a stepped pyramid temple in the forrested mountains. I spoke some Chinese dialect, both in my dream as well as outloud at the time. Even at 2and 3 years old you don't talk about this, but I later gathered enough courage to ask my mom if she remembered when I would speak a foreign language as a child. She remembered, bit I could see the disconcertment and fear as she confirmed it to me.

I seem to be tapped into some kind of extrasensory ability, as I've had times of telepathy and precognition/intuition. Everytime I look at the time it's always 1111 222 333 and on or 1414 1919 etc. (I use 24 hour time but spend time where other's do not.) Always it's some sequence lately.

The more I lean into this, the more the unexplainable happens. It's actually rather frightening. I was an atheist, believe in science and explanations for "magic" and other phenomena. But there've been too many signs and coincidences and just knowledge for ME to ignore it. I fully expect every other sane person to do just that, though ;).
I wouldn't buy it if someone else told me all this.

Actually, I believe I was home with some friends after the club, I had taken some MDMA (somewhere between 1-2 pills, which I did most weekends back then - about 2005 I think?). I had recently been seeing people's auras more consistently, and especially so with a little chemical assistance. That makes sense when you are careful enough with the MDMA to still get the visual effects and tracers... or, that's how I tried to explain it away because who would admit to such magikal thinking/experiences? I'd be looked at like a complete crackpot, or have the guys in white suits nab me for all kinds of experiments.

It's so weird, I remember some of that night, but how I went into a trance/oobe while sitting chatting with friends without anyone questioning my "departure", is still an unrevealed mystery to me. It took a long time for me to remember enough to put this much together, I denied and buried it so deep in my psyche.

I can't explain how I just trust the experience, it was more real than reality, how it helped consolidate all the bits of various religious and spiritual teachings I cherry picked parts of and how it seemed to provide situations to confirm whether I was on the right path (I always was, weird, I expected to get a few things wrong as I understand people can't always be right as much as I seem to be about these beliefs.

The recurring dream, that too is way more strange then I've let on as well - like the OP mentioned above, it would pick up from a left off spot, always one of three different scenes. The incredible part, though, was it was of a known past life I'd had, as a ~12 year old novice initiate in Eastern China, where I lived in a stepped pyramid temple in the forrested mountains. I spoke some Chinese dialect, both in my dream as well as outloud at the time. Even at 2and 3 years old you don't talk about this, but I later gathered enough courage to ask my mom if she remembered when I would speak a foreign language as a child. She remembered, bit I could see the disconcertment and fear as she confirmed it to me.

I seem to be tapped into some kind of extrasensory ability, as I've had times of telepathy and precognition/intuition. Everytime I look at the time it's always 1111 222 333 and on or 1414 1919 etc. (I use 24 hour time but spend time where other's do not.) Always it's some sequence lately.

The more I lean into this, the more the unexplainable happens. It's actually rather frightening. I was an atheist, believe in science and explanations for "magic" and other phenomena. But there've been too many signs and coincidences and just knowledge for ME to ignore it. I fully expect every other sane person to do just that, though ;).
I wouldn't buy it if someone else told me all this.
I have had telepathy happen as well to me, both while completely sober and not using any drugs at all besides caffeine, and while on mushrooms and LSD.

I don't think I am the only one who enjoys bad trips, I like seeing shady shits because I am only here for a limited time, I wanna explore that's what humans do and so I did.

Still remember my shrooms trip, saw the origin.

How quickly did you go through the 20 pound container of nitrous-oxide? I have an oximeter but it is used when I do cardiovascular exercise.

My wife and I could do a 20 in a night if we were really rolling but I am not sure what our oxy levels were I suspect they were not good. The sex was. Worst case was 40 pounds in a weekend. I suspect we wasted a lot. That was in the days when we had it on a switch and I know she would just keep her finger on the button some time. I suspect it is pretty hard to get to real hypoxia with whipits if you are breathing any thing like normally. You can get your number pretty low, like 75 80. That is still troubling.

This thread is a bit old, but I was fascinated by the original post on page 1.

It highlights an unique feature of psychedelic experiencing, and of dreaming, which is the preponderance of residual presence of ideas and sensations. anything in short term memory becomes much more intensely present and worthy of consideration.

the merest shadow could suggest the shape of a friend, and once the friend's shape is recalled it persists in mind as if persisting in space (the predator invisibility suit is a good way to describe the overlay onto 'reality-sensation' - there and not there at the same time.) Short term memory itself is your friend, one who is always with you.

As the trip built upon the trip described in the first post of this thread, the members of the OP's family emerged from the walls (memory) and the residuals of previous trips rejoindered the new 'recruits', and so the story goes, we are all friends here (in short term memory).

Ok. I may be in the wrong section with this post. I'm new to BlueLight. I've never publicly commented on this before. Several years ago I got heavy into nitrous oxide. I mean heavy. I was doing an average of 200-400 nitrous canisters per day for about 2-3 years. Take a minute to reflect on that before you continue reading...

After a few months of heavy nitrous use, I started to have an unusual experience. As i was coming out of my "fishing" I would get the distinct impression that there was someone else in the room with me. As i used more heavily it started to seem like I could actually see a glimpse of someone out of the corner of my eye, and often it seemed like they were reaching out to pass me something, like a joint or a balloon. A few times I actually passed the balloon to my "invisible friend" on accident while under the effects of the nitrous and watched the balloon flutter away. The more I used nitrous, the more visible my "invisible friend" became, and eventually, after about 6 months of heavy daily huffing, he had become a fully visible silhouette I could look at and interact with while under the influence of NOS. He looked like the shape of a person but invisible. Exactly like in the movie "predator" when the predator has his "cloaking device" thing on and he's like a clear silhoutte of himself.

I became increasingly fascinated by my "invisible friend". He usually appeared stuck in the wall of my apartment, like he was halfway sticking out of the wall. I could watch him and interact with him. I couldn't hear him, but he seemed to hear me talking and I was able to establish a basic level of communication using basic non-verbal communication. You'd be amazed how much of our ability to communicate is unspoken. Mannerism and simple gestures were easy to interpret and he seemed to just hang out there all the time, hanging halfway out of the wall every time I started huffing NOS. I began to affectionately refer to him as "guy in the wall" and we spent months just hanging out together while I did NOS.

Around this time I began to realize that unlike other drugs, the nitrous trip builds on itself and continues to get deeper with each experience. Unlike LSD which is a completely different "trip" each time, the nitrous experience is more like a video game that pauses each time you stop using, and restarts from the same place once you begin huffing again. Around this time I also started to notice that there seemed to be progress with each trip and a serious of "puzzles and challenges" laid out before me like a video game. I started to meet new "invisible people" and strange muppet like characters. Each one seemed to represent some sort of "challenge" or puzzle. Much like a video game I would continue to repeat the same character until I figured out their puzzle, and moved on to the next level. After passing one of these "challenges" I would have the sensation and visual hallucination of being relocated along a massive elaborate grid or maze. Like I was rapidly "leveling up" and I could feel myself rushing through some kind of grid lines like an Alex Grey painting. Then I would be deposited at a new location on the grid and face a new set of challenges with a new host of "invisible people". When I passed these "tests" and was relocated on the grid, it always seemed like I was moving closer to the center of a gigantic cosmic labyrinth.

As time went on the characters became more vivid. More defined. Sharper edges and more clear. I could communicate with them more easily.

One day I noticed that one of my invisible friends had the same body shape and mannerisms as one of my real life friends. He seemed like a perfect "invisible copy" of my friend. I began to look around at my other invisible friends (at this point I had a crew of about 20 invisible people who just loitered around my apartment with me, watching me huff NOS all day). I began too look more closely at the silhouettes of the other invisible people and quickly realized they were all the silhouettes of people I have know and been friends with over the years. All the "ghosts" in my apartment were actually my best friends from real life. I began to spot them one by one and figure out which ghost was which person from "real life". All my friends were there, all my family, even friends who died many years ago. And sure enough, I was there too. There was my ghost, hanging out with all the other ghosts... drinking beer and goofing around. They all seemed to be pretty happy and having a generally good time. Occasionally they seemed to argue with each other and have disputes, I even saw a few fights, but for the most part they seemed pretty good natured. But I didn't recognize all of the invisible people. Some were strangers. I always figured they were just people I haven't met yet and become friends with later in life.

Once I solved this "puzzle" their identities were always very easy to distinguish. Each "ghost" felt like the person they were in real life. I could tell who I was talking to based on their "feel" without having to closely examine their silhouette. Occasionally I confused people who had a similar "energy", but for the most part I was able to start addressing them by name. I became friends with my own ghost. I caught up with a friend who died when we were kids. I developed a crush on a female who I referred to as the "cheshire cat girl". Years later I suspect it was the woman I am currently dating, who I hadn't met yet at that point in my life. She is the love of my life and my "dream girl" who I'm currently planning to marry. She's a knockout suicide girl who I've been obsessed with since we were young, but I didn't personally know her yet at that point. I actually saw the ghosts of other women who I hadn't met yet, but I would later date and have relationships with. I met my ex-girlfriend as a ghost years before meeting her in real life.

At some point around this time I started to communicate with them using my mind. We could have "telepathic conversations" without talking. I also began seeing them in color. As I would exhale my cloud of frozen gas and slip into the "nitrous wonderland" the cloud of gas would pass across their silhouettes, illuminating them in full color. They were beautiful fractalized and angelic versions of the real people they represented. As each of their their "ghost faces" were shown to me for the first time, I was able to see the profound beauty of each one of them. Their "ghost faces" were shown to me one by one over the course of a few months. Their faces were the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Too beautiful for words. Like a perfect radiant angelic version of the real person. Around this time I also began to see them when I was sober and other spooky things started happening while I was sober. When I would walk past fluorescent lights they would begin to flicker. Strange things started happening to the lights wherever I went. Lights seemed to dim and flicker when I would walk into a room. I started to have a really powerful presence and people started to seem entranced by me. I started to feel like I was developing strange supernatural powers. I felt like I could read peoples mind and see into the future. Women became easy to attract. New friends flocked to me. I could have any woman I wanted. I became extremely popular. I had a strange mystical energy that attracted women. I started to have a very "Aliester Crowly" vibe that made people attracted to me. Getting laid with beautiful women became laughably easy. I began jokingly referring to myself as the "shaman of the dark", the "ghost hunter" and the "one who walks between shadows".

It was also around this time that I began to reach the "center of the maze" and I was no longer solving puzzles put before me by the "ghosts" and instead I just worked on developing my "powers". At one point I had an incredibly vivid hallucination that i was being "tattooed" or "modified" by some sort of powerful entity. The ghosts "dosed me" with an invisible drug. They applied something like toothpaste to the back of my hand and sprinkled it with powder. Afterwards I spent two weeks going through the most agonizing pain imaginable. It felt worse than kicking heroin. The substance they applied to my hand actually burned my skin and I still have a scar from it. Actually I think that happened right before I developed the "supernatural powers". There were also other "invisible entities" who were not my real life friends. They seemed much more powerful, like some sort of demi-gods. They often appeared in the form of animals or part animal and part human. The other "ghosts" seemed to have immense respect for these "demi-god-characters". They were obviously not human, or ghosts or whatever, but some other, higher lifeform. I had some powerful and humbling experiences with these "demi-god" characters. All the "invisible people" could travel through time and space and manipulate the physical world around me. They would occasionally knock things off the table, open and close doors, mess with the lights, music etc. but mostly they stayed confined to their own plane in which I was a visitor. Elements of my world seemed to overlap their own. My couch would be sitting on a tropic beach or the edge of a cliff rather than in my living room. They would open doors that didn't exist and walk up stairways or ladders that weren't visible to me. The doorways and windows in my house became doorways to different dimensions. I would watch as a dozen intoxicated "ghosts" came stumbling out of my closet, or climbed down up a ladder that wasn't there. One ghost unzipped the air in front of me like he was opening a tent, stepped through it and disappeared.

One of the more powerful things I experienced was a very clear and vivid hallucination that I was put into a "cockpit" type contraption. Something like a cross between a carnival ride and cockpit of space ship. Then I was zapped with some sort of electricity or something and I was immediately encased in a strange orange substance. I was then quickly "cut out" of the orange substance by some type of lazer and hung up in a strange round tank where I was lined up with other tanks full of people. I stayed in the "tank" for several days and it seemed like my "body" was undergoing some type of futuristic medical procedure.

Eventually I became so messed up from all the huffing that my friends and loved ones became very concerned and I had to stop doing NOS completely. It took about 2 years for the ghosts to "fade away" and during that time a referred to them as my "mount rushmore of invisible friends". They were all there hovering around me and guiding me like guardian angels. I still felt like I had "super powers" during this time. Beautiful women flocked to me, everyone wanted to know me and be my friend. Meanwhile my family and close friends cried about my "madness" and thought I had lost my mind. I carried continual conversations with my "invisible friends" everywhere I went. People thought I was insane, yet they were inexorably drawn to me. Women would call me crazy one minute and sleep with me the next. It was a surreal time in my life. I stopped using NOS and just spent my time drinking in bars and taking advantage of my "supernatural" ability to pick up women. And eventually it all faded into the past. I still have a really powerful presence, and women seem mystified by me, but I no longer see my invisible friends. I always have a sense that they are with me watching over me, but they are no longer a part of my life. I moved on. I got a job. I started a relationship with the woman I've always desired (hot doesn't even come close to describing her... she's one of the most popular models from the suicide girls website. she's like a dream come true) and most importantly I stopped using nitrous. Lately I've been dabbling with drugs again. We have been experimenting with heroin. But for the most part my life is normal. You would never guess that I used to be the ghost hunter.

These were the "major lessons" I took away from my years doing nitrous.

1. Death is not the end. Our souls are eternal. After death you will effectively remain the same person you were in life (this was a big one for me because I've always been an athiest, so this came as a big shock to me)
2. Santa Clause isn't the only one watching you and deciding if you've been naughty or nice. There's something I call the illusion of privacy. For a long time it was hard for me to masturbate because I couldn't get used to the idea of "everyone watching". Now I just make sure to put on a good show.
3. What you do with the time you've been given in your physical body matters. I don't pretend to know how it all works, but the things you do in this life matter very much and you will have to live with the choices you make in this lifetime. I can't really elaborate beyond that, but I suggest you don't waste your time on this planet because the things you do here matter more than you could possibly realize. In a way I think you continue to relive the choices you made in your life long after your death.

So in conclusion I want to state that 100% of this is true and exactly what I experienced. I don't expect you to believe it, but it happened. So that's my story. You may want to use caution when experimenting with nitrous. It's way more powerful than people realize. And if you use nitrous, try to keep your eyes open and look for the "invisible people". Who knows, maybe you'll see me around...
Thank you so much for sharing this post. I see exactly what you see. I am in a very great place in my life and I decided to experiment a little with drugs during Covid. I am not a huge fan of anything, but I tried NOS again and was shocked. I had tried it in high school, and I freaked out because I saw the man in the wall. Now, at 28, when I saw him again I was amazed, was he real? No one I know sees what you have stated here, and I see it too. I have been frantically searching the internet for months trying to figure out what this is, why I see the same world, the games, the beings, the animal creatures that seem very powerful and sometimes intimidating, I want to know what it means. Please know I am not a heavy user (yet lol), I have tried it a handful of times (50-100 each time) but I see the same thing.
I have sent you a personal message and would love to chat. Really quite amazing! Thank you for sharing, even if you don’t reply just know I am so grateful that I am not the only one!

Nitrous will bring out things you haven't thought about for years. That is part of the charm. Just monitor your oxygen to avoid hypoxia. There are plenty of warnings here about staying on top of your B-12 and other blood chemistry but Medicare pays for those tests.

Ok. I may be in the wrong section with this post. I'm new to BlueLight. I've never publicly commented on this before. Several years ago I got heavy into nitrous oxide. I mean heavy. I was doing an average of 200-400 nitrous canisters per day for about 2-3 years. Take a minute to reflect on that before you continue reading...

After a few months of heavy nitrous use, I started to have an unusual experience. As i was coming out of my "fishing" I would get the distinct impression that there was someone else in the room with me. As i used more heavily it started to seem like I could actually see a glimpse of someone out of the corner of my eye, and often it seemed like they were reaching out to pass me something, like a joint or a balloon. A few times I actually passed the balloon to my "invisible friend" on accident while under the effects of the nitrous and watched the balloon flutter away. The more I used nitrous, the more visible my "invisible friend" became, and eventually, after about 6 months of heavy daily huffing, he had become a fully visible silhouette I could look at and interact with while under the influence of NOS. He looked like the shape of a person but invisible. Exactly like in the movie "predator" when the predator has his "cloaking device" thing on and he's like a clear silhoutte of himself.

I became increasingly fascinated by my "invisible friend". He usually appeared stuck in the wall of my apartment, like he was halfway sticking out of the wall. I could watch him and interact with him. I couldn't hear him, but he seemed to hear me talking and I was able to establish a basic level of communication using basic non-verbal communication. You'd be amazed how much of our ability to communicate is unspoken. Mannerism and simple gestures were easy to interpret and he seemed to just hang out there all the time, hanging halfway out of the wall every time I started huffing NOS. I began to affectionately refer to him as "guy in the wall" and we spent months just hanging out together while I did NOS.

Around this time I began to realize that unlike other drugs, the nitrous trip builds on itself and continues to get deeper with each experience. Unlike LSD which is a completely different "trip" each time, the nitrous experience is more like a video game that pauses each time you stop using, and restarts from the same place once you begin huffing again. Around this time I also started to notice that there seemed to be progress with each trip and a serious of "puzzles and challenges" laid out before me like a video game. I started to meet new "invisible people" and strange muppet like characters. Each one seemed to represent some sort of "challenge" or puzzle. Much like a video game I would continue to repeat the same character until I figured out their puzzle, and moved on to the next level. After passing one of these "challenges" I would have the sensation and visual hallucination of being relocated along a massive elaborate grid or maze. Like I was rapidly "leveling up" and I could feel myself rushing through some kind of grid lines like an Alex Grey painting. Then I would be deposited at a new location on the grid and face a new set of challenges with a new host of "invisible people". When I passed these "tests" and was relocated on the grid, it always seemed like I was moving closer to the center of a gigantic cosmic labyrinth.

As time went on the characters became more vivid. More defined. Sharper edges and more clear. I could communicate with them more easily.

One day I noticed that one of my invisible friends had the same body shape and mannerisms as one of my real life friends. He seemed like a perfect "invisible copy" of my friend. I began to look around at my other invisible friends (at this point I had a crew of about 20 invisible people who just loitered around my apartment with me, watching me huff NOS all day). I began too look more closely at the silhouettes of the other invisible people and quickly realized they were all the silhouettes of people I have know and been friends with over the years. All the "ghosts" in my apartment were actually my best friends from real life. I began to spot them one by one and figure out which ghost was which person from "real life". All my friends were there, all my family, even friends who died many years ago. And sure enough, I was there too. There was my ghost, hanging out with all the other ghosts... drinking beer and goofing around. They all seemed to be pretty happy and having a generally good time. Occasionally they seemed to argue with each other and have disputes, I even saw a few fights, but for the most part they seemed pretty good natured. But I didn't recognize all of the invisible people. Some were strangers. I always figured they were just people I haven't met yet and become friends with later in life.

Once I solved this "puzzle" their identities were always very easy to distinguish. Each "ghost" felt like the person they were in real life. I could tell who I was talking to based on their "feel" without having to closely examine their silhouette. Occasionally I confused people who had a similar "energy", but for the most part I was able to start addressing them by name. I became friends with my own ghost. I caught up with a friend who died when we were kids. I developed a crush on a female who I referred to as the "cheshire cat girl". Years later I suspect it was the woman I am currently dating, who I hadn't met yet at that point in my life. She is the love of my life and my "dream girl" who I'm currently planning to marry. She's a knockout suicide girl who I've been obsessed with since we were young, but I didn't personally know her yet at that point. I actually saw the ghosts of other women who I hadn't met yet, but I would later date and have relationships with. I met my ex-girlfriend as a ghost years before meeting her in real life.

At some point around this time I started to communicate with them using my mind. We could have "telepathic conversations" without talking. I also began seeing them in color. As I would exhale my cloud of frozen gas and slip into the "nitrous wonderland" the cloud of gas would pass across their silhouettes, illuminating them in full color. They were beautiful fractalized and angelic versions of the real people they represented. As each of their their "ghost faces" were shown to me for the first time, I was able to see the profound beauty of each one of them. Their "ghost faces" were shown to me one by one over the course of a few months. Their faces were the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Too beautiful for words. Like a perfect radiant angelic version of the real person. Around this time I also began to see them when I was sober and other spooky things started happening while I was sober. When I would walk past fluorescent lights they would begin to flicker. Strange things started happening to the lights wherever I went. Lights seemed to dim and flicker when I would walk into a room. I started to have a really powerful presence and people started to seem entranced by me. I started to feel like I was developing strange supernatural powers. I felt like I could read peoples mind and see into the future. Women became easy to attract. New friends flocked to me. I could have any woman I wanted. I became extremely popular. I had a strange mystical energy that attracted women. I started to have a very "Aliester Crowly" vibe that made people attracted to me. Getting laid with beautiful women became laughably easy. I began jokingly referring to myself as the "shaman of the dark", the "ghost hunter" and the "one who walks between shadows".

It was also around this time that I began to reach the "center of the maze" and I was no longer solving puzzles put before me by the "ghosts" and instead I just worked on developing my "powers". At one point I had an incredibly vivid hallucination that i was being "tattooed" or "modified" by some sort of powerful entity. The ghosts "dosed me" with an invisible drug. They applied something like toothpaste to the back of my hand and sprinkled it with powder. Afterwards I spent two weeks going through the most agonizing pain imaginable. It felt worse than kicking heroin. The substance they applied to my hand actually burned my skin and I still have a scar from it. Actually I think that happened right before I developed the "supernatural powers". There were also other "invisible entities" who were not my real life friends. They seemed much more powerful, like some sort of demi-gods. They often appeared in the form of animals or part animal and part human. The other "ghosts" seemed to have immense respect for these "demi-god-characters". They were obviously not human, or ghosts or whatever, but some other, higher lifeform. I had some powerful and humbling experiences with these "demi-god" characters. All the "invisible people" could travel through time and space and manipulate the physical world around me. They would occasionally knock things off the table, open and close doors, mess with the lights, music etc. but mostly they stayed confined to their own plane in which I was a visitor. Elements of my world seemed to overlap their own. My couch would be sitting on a tropic beach or the edge of a cliff rather than in my living room. They would open doors that didn't exist and walk up stairways or ladders that weren't visible to me. The doorways and windows in my house became doorways to different dimensions. I would watch as a dozen intoxicated "ghosts" came stumbling out of my closet, or climbed down up a ladder that wasn't there. One ghost unzipped the air in front of me like he was opening a tent, stepped through it and disappeared.

One of the more powerful things I experienced was a very clear and vivid hallucination that I was put into a "cockpit" type contraption. Something like a cross between a carnival ride and cockpit of space ship. Then I was zapped with some sort of electricity or something and I was immediately encased in a strange orange substance. I was then quickly "cut out" of the orange substance by some type of lazer and hung up in a strange round tank where I was lined up with other tanks full of people. I stayed in the "tank" for several days and it seemed like my "body" was undergoing some type of futuristic medical procedure.

Eventually I became so messed up from all the huffing that my friends and loved ones became very concerned and I had to stop doing NOS completely. It took about 2 years for the ghosts to "fade away" and during that time a referred to them as my "mount rushmore of invisible friends". They were all there hovering around me and guiding me like guardian angels. I still felt like I had "super powers" during this time. Beautiful women flocked to me, everyone wanted to know me and be my friend. Meanwhile my family and close friends cried about my "madness" and thought I had lost my mind. I carried continual conversations with my "invisible friends" everywhere I went. People thought I was insane, yet they were inexorably drawn to me. Women would call me crazy one minute and sleep with me the next. It was a surreal time in my life. I stopped using NOS and just spent my time drinking in bars and taking advantage of my "supernatural" ability to pick up women. And eventually it all faded into the past. I still have a really powerful presence, and women seem mystified by me, but I no longer see my invisible friends. I always have a sense that they are with me watching over me, but they are no longer a part of my life. I moved on. I got a job. I started a relationship with the woman I've always desired (hot doesn't even come close to describing her... she's one of the most popular models from the suicide girls website. she's like a dream come true) and most importantly I stopped using nitrous. Lately I've been dabbling with drugs again. We have been experimenting with heroin. But for the most part my life is normal. You would never guess that I used to be the ghost hunter.

These were the "major lessons" I took away from my years doing nitrous.

1. Death is not the end. Our souls are eternal. After death you will effectively remain the same person you were in life (this was a big one for me because I've always been an athiest, so this came as a big shock to me)
2. Santa Clause isn't the only one watching you and deciding if you've been naughty or nice. There's something I call the illusion of privacy. For a long time it was hard for me to masturbate because I couldn't get used to the idea of "everyone watching". Now I just make sure to put on a good show.
3. What you do with the time you've been given in your physical body matters. I don't pretend to know how it all works, but the things you do in this life matter very much and you will have to live with the choices you make in this lifetime. I can't really elaborate beyond that, but I suggest you don't waste your time on this planet because the things you do here matter more than you could possibly realize. In a way I think you continue to relive the choices you made in your life long after your death.

So in conclusion I want to state that 100% of this is true and exactly what I experienced. I don't expect you to believe it, but it happened. So that's my story. You may want to use caution when experimenting with nitrous. It's way more powerful than people realize. And if you use nitrous, try to keep your eyes open and look for the "invisible people". Who knows, maybe you'll see me around...
Thank you so much for sharing that I was really happy to read every word of it I myself referred to them always "The extradimensional Entities commonly referred to as the bag people,"

REALLY, happy to read of someone else seeing them

Nitrous will bring out things you haven't thought about for years. That is part of the charm. Just monitor your oxygen to avoid hypoxia. There are plenty of warnings here about staying on top of your B-12 and other blood chemistry but Medicare pays for those tests.
All it did was make me laugh, feel numb, sort of confused, and on Psilocybin mushrooms and pot it made me sort of confused temporarily.

The one time I had it in a high dose for getting my impacted wisdom teeth removed I did not even feel the IV of Valium they gave me.

I tried buying a case of food grade whipped cream chargers-not EZ whip brand, but a better quality brand, and a whipped cream charger at a mall in a kitchen supply store but the guy working there refused to sell them to me. This was before you could order nitrous oxide and a whip it cracker online, and local head shops had been busted and closed down.

Thank you so much for sharing that I was really happy to read every word of it I myself referred to them always "The extradimensional Entities commonly referred to as the bag people,"

REALLY, happy to read of someone else seeing them
Bag people?