European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Nice Codeine Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I would say best not to start mixing booze and opiates. Even if it is a small amount of codeine..... Just keep opiates and booze separate, not trying to be all doom and gloom but say you try stronger opiates or even much higher doses of codeine (it does get turned into morphine!) You could find yourself taking more and more risks, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I know a fair few heroin buds OD and die by mixing booze and heroin.

But if you really want to take the codeine first, let it kick in then swig some beers. You have done a bit of codeine before but I'm guessing you still have little tolerance just go easy, its can be deadly combo.

However please don't try, as I said bad habit to get into. If you do just be safe as possible!

Just to be clear does promethazine potent DHC?

Yeh I usually do CWE every two weeks or so with abot 250-300mg it helps me relax when gigging but I got given straight codeine tablets from a friend who just fucked his back up.

Yeah straight codeine tablets always seem more potent to me! I get em prescribed now but always run out two weeks early. The equivalent dose of CWE never seems quiet as good.

Got work presentation tomoz then tuesday getting first glass train from Manchester to London Euston, got 600mg dhc and 250 codeine. Was going to score some gear but no need, my tolerance is so low know! Makes me happy to be able to do codeine and dhc again.

I know I said not to mix booze.... But that's CU's I do now and then have a nice cold beer. Hypocrite I'm but just looking out for others :)

Just to be clear does promethazine potent DHC?

Yes it does.

And I also agree with the sentiment of the rest of your post. In an ideal world mixing downers would not happen. In a less than ideal world people are gonna keep doing it cos is one of the commonest combos I know of. Yes it is risky (when taken too far certainly) but many things in life are risky. Is about managing risks and being aware of the dangers. Booze + opi (and + benzos in every case I can think of) has killed several friends and acquaintances of mine over the years. Is not a safe combo by any means. There are degrees of risk though. But yeah, can't argue with any of what you said up there at all.

You certainly can. Codeine is actually pretty damn good for tapering even a gear habit. Imo, ime, ymmv, etc, etc. I used to be scripted high-dose codeine quite regularly for doing me cluck years back. But yeah, will certainly knock the PAWS on the head temporarily. That's the point though - is an incredibly short-term "solution" that (like using any opies to combat PAWS) simply extends the PAWS. A day off is nice every now and then though and works fine for that :)

Aye that's what I'm thinking. For myself anyway, I'm thinking I can pretty tolerate PAWS for the most-part but maybe for the first few days after I get the sub out of my system, I'll have a few residual symptoms, especially as I've been on the kit for so long. Something like a bit of codiene might just be the ticket.

Anyone else get weeks where codeine just stops getting them high, no matter what? It happens to me every couple of months and after about ten days I'll start to feel it again. no changes to dosage or anything like that and it always kills my withdrawals even when I don't feel anything from it. It's like the euphoria button gets stuck in the 'off' position but everything else stays as normal.

No it's not tolerance. Increasing the dosage does nothing until i push it to such a point that I get ill from "overdosing". I get the CNS depression, withdrawal relief, itches, everything else, just no euphoria for a week no matter how much extra I take.

When it's working normally I take 350mg to get high but I can feel a mood lift from as little as 50mg. When it's my shitty week I get 0% mood lift from 400mg plus.

Mmh. I dunno, that really sounds like tolerance to me. The histamine release from codeine kicks in very easily so you'd get that even if you were vaguely tolerant. I dunno, I get the same thing as you and in my case I know it's tolerance but maybe it's something else for you :?

Nah definitely not. I dunno, codeine has such a high body load that IME even once you're too accustomed to it to get any euphoria it'll still make you just as itchy/sleepy/nauseous etc. Who knows!

Will I be ok to take 300mgs codeine with a 4 pack of beer?

My tolerance is reasonable, I usually IV at least 250-500mgs of 'heroin' (probably 10%purity) a day.

Given that, I'd say you'd be ok, though obviously don't down a four pack all at once ;)

No worries!

Christ I need to get me a bottle o' linctus ordered, been ages and I fancy an itchy blankety snuggly day

edit: sorted <3

Last edited:
Yo guys had a wierd Histamine reaction last night, Ok so around 2:00pm i had taken 20mg valium because i had a job interview, after job interview i went to my mums for dinner, drank 3 beers not big ones just small bottles. Later that night around 10:50pm i took 500 mg ( 2 boxes of codeine extracted) also i hadnt touched codeine for 8 days. Then i smoked a bowl about 15 mins later.

I had taken no anti histamine and my feet were itching like crazy, my legs were itching, my ball sack, arms . I looked through the cupboard and found soem Nytol and took 2 of them cos i read they were an anti histamine. The itch calmed down but the palm of my left hand went all Swelled up not in a painful way just as in it went puffy.

Never had a reaction like that before >< could it be the Valium i took potentiating the codeine?

It wasnt too bad though i had a lovely night just nodding out to classical music

Anyone else get weeks where codeine just stops getting them high, no matter what? It happens to me every couple of months and after about ten days I'll start to feel it again. no changes to dosage or anything like that and it always kills my withdrawals even when I don't feel anything from it. It's like the euphoria button gets stuck in the 'off' position but everything else stays as normal.

Sounds like your brain refuses to do the euphoria thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.