⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Newsroom

Anyone else watching the new season?

Last night's episode was really, really good. Saw some good intensity from Sloan and getting more hints about Genoa and the fallout from that.

how can i watch this and not endlessly compare it to my favourite tv show of all time, the west wing.

alasdair

duh! i know that.

he set the bar so high with the west wing - how does newsroom stack up?

alasdair

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Funny statement made by my friend when we're watching this week's episode:

"I can tell Aaron Sorkin wrote this."

He said this about 15 minutes in because the dialogue and story were really, really good.

I like it, but. . .I find myself pretty damned preached-to (dem quasi-monologues), and if I'm not in the choir, I'm damn close.

ebola

^yup, i'm the same way.

that and it appears smarter than it actually is.

basing entirely on the first season, i found it forgettable, and every character is essentially the same as each other. they all talk and act the same damn way.

^ You have to remember that we (the audience) already know what is going on with the major news stories they report on, they (the characters) do not. Aaron Sorkin touched on this aspect in one of his post show interviews.

And you probably think every character is the same because it didnt hook you. I find all the main characters quite different from each other.

It's hard for me to see past that common, fast and mechanical talking they all share.

The actual events the show refers to was the best part of it for me

Everybody is so spontaneously witty. I am in awe of them. Continual awe.

As a kid I watched a lot more TV than I actually talked to people, and even to this day I'm afraid to speak because I fear my words will be insufficiently fresh and sharp. This is why I do drugs.

Everybody is so spontaneously witty. I am in awe of them. Continual awe.

As a kid I watched a lot more TV than I actually talked to people, and even to this day I'm afraid to speak because I fear my words will be insufficiently fresh and sharp. This is why I do drugs.

tumblr_m2ol4t8RJk1rrf5vyo1_500.gif

that spontaneous wit is excessive for me. makes them even more unnatural or unreal or unbelievable.

i don't hate the show, i just don't think it is of the quality i had hoped. the relationships and characters are too shallow and superficial, it's hard to care for them. (reminder, i have only seen season 1).

Obviously when basketball players just materialized on the court, it should've been obvious that the footage was doctored. I wonder if that producer is a mole.

Obviously when basketball players just materialized on the court, it should've been obvious that the footage was doctored. I wonder if that producer is a mole.
Good point, I suspected he was going to be up to something because he was so obsessed with the story.

Good point, I suspected he was going to be up to something because he was so obsessed with the story.

He's definitely a mole. I just realized that he insisted that the shot include the TV screen. Maggie wanted to move the chair, but he said no. The screen, of course, serves to prove to viewers of the newscast that the footage was altered.

He also could've easily cropped the screen out of the final cut, if he was genuinely interested in pushing the story.

I'm pretty sure he was planted by Reese as revenge for the blackmail.

Damn that last episode had me so wound up I had tears welling up at the end.

Now they cannot resign and wont be fired. Seems Will is going into "fuck it" mode for next week.

This season was a bit wishy washy. This is still my favorite TV show, but it felt like last season was stronger.

I don't exactly know why I feel that way. I confess I watched Season One 3 times. Three times. But I don't think I'll be rewatching this season.

I tried watching The West Wing for the first time the other day. It feels a little dated. I'm not very enthusiastic about it. But I love The Newsroom.