Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Newsroom

poopie

Bluelighter
HBO's new drama

from their site:

From the mind of Aaron Sorkin, creator of The West Wing and screenwriter of The Social Network and Moneyball, comes The Newsroom, a behind-the-scenes look at the people who make a nightly cable-news program. Focusing on anetwork anchor (played by Jeff Daniels), his new executive producer (Emily Mortimer), the newsroom staff (John Gallagher, Jr., Alison Pill, Thomas Sadoski, Olivia Munn, Dev Patel) and their boss (Sam Waterston), the series tracks their quixotic mission to do the news well in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles-not to mention their own personal entanglements.

I loved it. It wreaked of Sorkin, of course. Jeff Daniels' has this amazing monologue (read: rant) not two minutes. And the class walk and talks. Reviews were "okay", but everyone seems sure it'll be picked up for a second season.

I thought it was ok, but I haven't really decided whether or not I'm going to make this a regular viewing. I loved the speech in the beginning, people need to hear that shit.

And of course the media is going to hate it. The very purpose of the show is to criticize exactly how horrible the media has become.

Did I miss the first episode? I've been looking forward to this and will report back after viewing.

i'm kind of interested in watching this, going to give the first episode a shot tomorrow. I really like how the critics are shitting on this show but the actual viewers are loving it.

Great show so far. I love the writing and how it is sticking it to our media. If only they would get the message instead of hating it.

I'm really digging this show too, I hope it gets picked up for another season. I don't really get into alot of HBO series, but this one has definitely captured my attention.

One of the few things I bothered to programme into my cable recorder. Looking forward to watching.

Poopie confirmed HBO fan.

I am such a fanboy. I need a sandwich board. Yet I never got into GoT or The Sopranos.

Huh.

It got pretty intense for me during the Congresswoman Giffords story. And Leona = Jane Fonda? Gnarly.

And are Maggie's eyes oddly set or am I just cunty?

Big thumbs up for this show. I wish they werent so obvious about their political lean, but some of the stuff is just too hard to avoid. LOL

Some excellent scene's....The one with Will interviewing the black/gay campiagn manager for Rick Santorium was just incredible....Great comedy as well....same episode in the Airplane....

Must watch!

For Noobs to the show

365125.jpg

The Newsroom is an American drama television series created and primarily written by Aaron Sorkin that premiered on HBO on June 24, 2012. The series chronicles the behind-the-scenes events at the fictional Atlantis Cable News (ACN) channel. It features an ensemble cast including Jeff Daniels as anchor Will McAvoy, who, together with his staff set out to put on a news show "in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles and their own personal entanglements."[1] Other cast members include Emily Mortimer, John Gallagher, Jr., Alison Pill, Thomas Sadoski, Dev Patel, Olivia Munn, and Sam Waterston.

I LOVE Jeff Daniels but I was sure this show was NOT for me. Boy was I wrong!!!

FANTASTIC SHOW!!! A very nice surprise. Definitely a 2nd season coming.

i cannot for the life of me stand the character of maggie and to a lesser degree mackenzie. it's like sorkin is going 'ho ho these wimmenfolk, look how fickle they are'. fucking horrible, and that scene where the boutique got vandalized and jeff daniels just mysteriously appeared out of nowhere was simply really hackneyed writing.

Just getting into it, great first episode and then second was okay.

I hope that they challenge many political issues which I think is where this show is directed.

Its certainly a lot better than the crap on basic cable. Daniels and Sam Waterston are great in this.

Im really surprised how, not bad actually almost good, Olivia Munn is in this...I sometimes forget its her....although the comedy brings out the old her...

Im really surprised how, not bad actually almost good, Olivia Munn is in this...I sometimes forget its her....although the comedy brings out the old her...

My only disappointment is her lack of showing boobies. ;)

i cannot for the life of me stand the character of maggie and to a lesser degree mackenzie. it's like sorkin is going 'ho ho these wimmenfolk, look how fickle they are'. fucking horrible, and that scene where the boutique got vandalized and jeff daniels just mysteriously appeared out of nowhere was simply really hackneyed writing.

Perhaps he was called...?

My only disappointment is her lack of showing boobies. ;)

If Olivia Munn's boobies are what you crave, you should watch Magic Mike.

Or better yet, just Google the photos so you don't have to sit through two hours of white dudes ripping their shirts off.