• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Age 17 Mar 05: Evidence clears drug girl: Lawyers

Im not trying to claim who is right or wrong, but your trying to make a definent statement which holds no evidence, at this conversation you can only assume. I say things once and if you can`t get the point then obviously theres no point trying to argue. All your doing now is just trying to cover up what i said, which you never answered. Its very very clear as logic, find a answer, cause your just goin to ignore my points and keep bring something up new. Your running zero answers. I know exactly what your going to say next which is not going be about what i have stated

narcomatic said:
Im not trying to claim who is right or wrong, but your trying to make a definent statement which holds no evidence, at this conversation you can only assume.

So far I have mainly posed a few questions and offered some opinions. I don't deny saying that I feel the process is unjust but other than that I don't recall making too many definitive statements. Just so that I can set your mind at ease I would be happy to address any questions that you may have in relation to the "definite statement" which I have apparently made.

Scared_cow said "So back to my question, do you think that the Australian Government

Did the government actually tell you this?

Scared_cow said "So back to my question, do you think that the Australian Government will risk its greater foreign policy vision for the well being of one woman?"

Did the government actually tell you this?

If you go back and read the post you will see that I was asking a question. I was asking whether or not people thought that the Government's goal of increasing our economic and security ties with Asia would have any sort of an impact on their ability to help Ms Corby. It was a question, not a statement.

what a fucking troll (and moron to boot)

time to ignore the troll -

Last edited:
Trust me you will hear will something from the government when the judge puts the hammer down. What is there to say when all you know a australian has been busted with 4kgs of cannibus?

Trust me you will hear will something from the government when the judge puts the hammer down. What is there to say when all you know a australian has been busted with 4kgs of cannibus?

Can you write in coherent sentances please?

Narcomatic - We are not writing high school essays here. I would imagine that most ppl in this thread are trying to have an intelligent debate. That means that someone puts foward an idea or question and others respond.

Someone posting this thread does not need to have deep inside knowledge of all the facts. Thats the point - so that everyone can share what they know.

Repeatedly telling everyone else that they are not getting your point instead of actually making a coherent point is useless. It's obvious to me that most ppl in here have tried to reply to most of the questions you have asked. However each time you respond with "you don't get my point" or "your argument doesn't have enough evidence".

I suggest you look back over your posts and then honestly tell me whether or not u think u are actually the one guilty of doing what you claim everyone else is.

Have you noticed that i've left a post here critical of you but I havn't flamed you at all? It is possible....

Nice Tits

Sounds to me like someone is just angry at Australians??? Do i detect a little bit of a language barrier perhaps causing our troll to come off as a little incoherent? I am not being in anyway attacking of peoples nationality here, I am just now getting the impression that someone else is angry at Australians as a whole and therefor thinks we should not speak in defence for an Australian this person (the troll) would clearly be happy to see die for a big bag of hooch they quite possibly did not know about. Dont worry i dont think this will hurt anyones feelings as i have also picked up on the fact that this person does not read posts greater than a sentence or two long. Nor do they take them the right way.

I appologise now if i am out of line but i am getting somewhat frustrated by this.

anyway back to the subject its really pissing me off that these fucking morons, (the ones who got caught with the smack) are claiming the same defence as Corby.

Although I condone drug trafficking I don't condone people taking innocent people down with them. That is fucking unhuman (sick of people using "unaustralian), hell for that matter I should say "unentity"..... Second guessing the judge his bound to come the ignorant, 1/2 racist / post colonial view that all white Australians are drug traffickers and will put Corby in the same bucket as these morons.

So anyone who doesnt agree with you is a angry australian, i get your point, i have no motive here, you just incredibly talk nonsence
I have not mentioned who is right or wrong but your the one saying that shes innocent which i have not said anyhing about this, i have nothing to back up, as i said its all pretty clear
so back to the question do you have any evidence to back this up, you say this but your not telling me what i have said was wrong?
im trying to talk about corby case excpet you guys are lashing about me which has lead me to say this as we speak this far, the forreign affair said, we should leave it to the indonesian authorities, i dont see any wrong doing with this besides your self. I can make answers but when you speak like , eg) "it must of not been her, the scanner didnt detect it, it was a setup stuff like that", i have no answer to it this. You say i flame but you struggle to tell me in which way did i flame?

To me its very simple, Australia has there laws, america has there own laws same for indonesia, as for you your trying interfere and blame the government for not giving enough support. If australia could take there laws overseas, the world will be in chao`s over some girl which we dont know or if we will ever know she had smuggled cannibus. You may continue to keep bringing up why she may not be guilty, i have nothing against this besides your trying to state this as a fact you make it seem like its upto the government or relationships with indonesia, this is all rubbish, we have a choice to not fly into a certain country if we dont respect there law. . In other words if australia and indo were best parnters in business and trade this doesnt give you a reason to help a person in a court case cause laws is seperate to business, as for sport is sport. If you know the law well enough in indonesia, regarding allegations your not guilty until proven guilty.

Narcomatic - You've finally said something I agree with in principle....

I don't think the main issue here is a lack of respect for Indonesian law. I think everyone would be happy to let this case run its course and not comment if they were satisfied that Indonesian law would be applied justly.

In regards to the comments I made about the bags being scanned, I was just trying to point out that using common sense - a fairly good argument can be proposed for Corby's innocence. I might not be right - but for those reason's I believe that Corby is innocent and it looks like I'm not the only one here to hold that belief.

So the heart of the argument here really is that many ppl here believe that corby is innocent and is not going to receive a fair trial. That's why people are asking that the government or the consulate help. Not to interfere with Indonesian law but to ensure that she is dealt with fairly.

Nice Tits

Mmmm rumours from the streets of Bali...

Just ran into a mate who's been living in Bali for a few years now, shacked up with a local chick, owns a house there, blah blah.

I asked him for the inside word and it is that she did it. Her brother, or brother in law (or something like that) lives over there and is renowned as a bit of a gangster. This is something like her 10th trip over there in a very short space of time, and the strong rumour is that she's been bringing gear in for a while now, except that the customs guys have been paid to turn a blind eye (and anyone who's been to Bali knows that its not hard to get cops, et al to turn a blind eye for the right amount of $$$).

Except this time something clearly went wrong...

i would of thought visiting your sister several times a year whilst your father is dying of a terminal illness is perfectly acceptable.

again this rumour makes no sense re pot is cheaper over there why run the risk of importing it when you could easily purchase/grow it over there.

The day someone comes up with a logical argument as to why you would import pot will be the day i think she is guilty (not that anyone should ever spend jail time for moving pot - only morons will agree she should go to jail)

Corby's full statement

Corby's full statement

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/04/28/1114635685537.html

Schapelle Corby's final statement, as she delivered it to the Denpasar District Court today:

"Firstly, I would like to say to the prosecutors I cannot admit to a crime I did not commit.

"And to the judges, my life at the moment is in your hands but I would prefer if my life was in your hearts.

"And I say again, that I have no knowledge of how the marijuana came to be inside my bag. And I believe the evidence shows: One, there is a problem in Australia with security at airports and baggage handling procedures.

"Two, my only mistake was not putting a lock on my luggage.

"Three, I have never at any stage claimed ownership of the plastic bag and its contents.

"Four, had the police weighed all of my luggage for the total weight it would have proven to show a difference from the total weight checked in at Brisbane Airport.

"The police had the opportunity to fingerprint both plastic bags to prove my innocence, but they chose not to.

"I am an innocent victim of a tactless drug smuggling network."

(She does not number points five and six.)

"Seven, I am not a person involved in drugs and I'm not a person who might become involved in a drug smuggling operation.

"Eight, I love Bali and would never want to create problems for any of its people.

"Nine, I believe the seven months which I've already been in prison is severe enough punishment for not putting locks on my bags.

"My heart and my family is being painfully burdened by all these accusations and rumours about me and I don't know how long I can survive in here.

"I swear that as God is my witness, I did not know that the marijuana was in my bag.

"Please look to your God for guidance in your judgment for me, for God only speaks for justice.

"And your Honours, I ask for you to show compassion, to find me innocent, to send me home.

"Saya tidak bersalah (she said in Indonesian, which means I am not guilty).

AAP

We've thrown her to the lions and morons contiune to claim that somehow that fool of a judge will perform justices. You know he was reading a fucking book during her statement! What disrepect - if i could i would spit on that fucker right now/

Have you ever heard of a judge making comments to media regarding a trial they are presiding over?

narcomatic if you contiune to crap on about intangible contentions such as "respect for indonesian law" and that there is no evidence to come to any conclusion until the judge gives his decision then your as stupid as they (the judges) are.

Recycling this thread to post this amusing story.

Airline passengers protect themselves
By Orietta Guerrera
May 4, 2005

Geoff Waterhouse spent 10 minutes weighing up whether he should pay to have his bodyboard bag, guitar and two backpacks wrapped in plastic before checking them in at Melbourne Airport.

The well-travelled Frankston man was on his way to a three-week surfing holiday in Bali. And although he had been to Bali eight times before and to other parts of South-East Asia with little drama, the Schapelle Corby case had him thinking twice about security.

"I've padlocked everything," he said. "I don't know how secure that is, but I don't want to get too paranoid either."

Trade at Protectabag, a luggage-wrapping business at the international departures section of Melbourne Airport, has been booming lately. Stall owner Martin Dimech reported that orders had doubled in the past six weeks.

The service is designed to prevent items from being inserted in luggage once checked in, and to protect them against theft, accidental opening, and handling or rain damage.

For $8 an item, travellers can have their baggage - including golf clubs, baby seats and prams - covered with several layers of shrink-wrap using a purpose-built machine.

Mr Dimech said that while people laughed and ridiculed him when he bought the business seven months ago, he has now had to extend trading hours by six hours to meet the demand.

"When we first got it, we were struggling a little bit to try to make people understand what the service is all about," he said.

"Now that, unfortunately, this has happened to Ms Corby, and others as well, it has changed their mentality - that this is the way to go."

The franchise business was started by Dennis and Julie Gyde in Melbourne in December 2002.

They then sold the Melbourne branch to Mr Dimech, so they could open another at Brisbane International Airport last November - coincidentally a month after Corby, a 27-year-old former Gold Coast beauty student, was caught with 4.1 kilograms of cannabis inside her bodyboard bag at Bali airport.

A third outlet is set to open in Sydney by August.

While luggage wrapping is relatively new in Australia, the service has been available in Europe for more than a decade.

Newport couple Jason and Samantha Catlow, who both had their suitcases wrapped before checking in for their Garuda flight to Bali on Friday morning, said $16 was a small price to pay for the extra security.

"It's obviously pretty concerning what's happened to Schapelle," Mr Catlow said.

"But you can't live your life out of a box, (so) you just need to take the right precautions to make sure something like that can't happen to you."

Lawyers for Corby claim Brisbane baggage handlers planted the marijuana stash for pick-up in Sydney in a botched domestic trafficking operation.

The luggage-wrapping service is not being taken up only by those travelling to Bali. Reservoir man Salvatore Casabene, who was leaving for Italy on Friday, got his two suitcases wrapped.

In the end, Mr Waterhouse decided to have his bodyboard bag and guitar wrapped. "I guess, I'm paranoid," he said. "All of a sudden I'm paranoid - stupid, isn't it? But I guess, for the sake of a few dollars, if it's going to make it even more secure. It's the world we're now living in, unfortunately."

From The Age

Anyone else think this is a little extreme? Glad to hear someone's making a tidy profit out of everyone's irrational fears though.

^^ - nup its not extreme at all.

I have a direct relative who works in the airport cleaning and servicing the planes you ride on, and this person has clearly articulate to myself that there is a large group of baggage handlers (at Sydney airport anyway) who will open your baggage, steal and do who knows what (they do it in the small crawl space that the conveyer belt runs through and thats why its not practical to install camera's everywhere.

well thats what management apparently claim however we've agreed its most likely a cover their ass type excuse that if they did and the practise of corrupt baggage handlers was exposed the airport management would be royally fucked....(royal comission perhaps, at least ICAC would have to get involved.

hell the baggage handlers involved in this are referred to as a "mafia"....seems like a bunch of violent thugs...

Hell even this guy (church collection type) has been known to bring home a fe laptops lost at the airport. (he later returned them) and he isn't even invovled in the baggage area...apparently nearly every single person involved in the air port cleaning/handling will steal something if they can (if its not bolted down), and if you leave your wallet in the plane then its bad luck to you

While I must admit if I was travelling overseas now I probably would fall for the bag wrapping routine, being as paranoid as I am. It does seem a bit opertunistic playing on peoples fears like that but its a shame that seems to be the way the world is going these days.

What I think doesn't quite ring true for me is all these people all of a sudden coming out with stories that all baggage handlers are theives. I have a friend who knows someone who pinches things on every shift. I know someone else that says all airline workers think its alright to go through every second bag. No one will notice a missing laptop here or there. For all these stories of dodgy behavior I would have thought there would be just as many stories from travelers having things stolen or tampered with.

Doesn't seem to be the case. Theres a whole lot of people telling these stories of baggage handlers on the wrong side of the law but there just doesn't seem to be the same amount of stories coming from actual victims of these crimes. I know a lot of people that travel quite often and I personally don't recall a single story of a missing bag, handheld shaver or camera. Sure it happens I wouldn't deny that at all, hell I think it probably is what happened to Schapelle, but I don't think its as bigger problem as its being made out to be. Just the way it all sounds to me....

Last edited:
Corby witness 'stabbed in jail'
May 6, 2005 - 12:00PM
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2005/05/06/1115092657895.html

pt_john_ford_ent-lead__200x186.jpg

John Patrick Ford
Photo: AP

The Victorian prisoner who gave evidence at accused drug smuggler Schapelle Corby's trial in Bali was stabbed with a razor blade by a fellow inmate, his lawyer said today.

John Patrick Ford, who is on remand in a Victorian prison charged with a range of offences including rape and aggravated burglary, gave evidence at Corby's trial in late March.

Ford told the court that he overheard fellow prisoners saying Corby unwittingly carried a 4.1kg package of marijuana when an Australian-based drugs ring placed the package in her luggage.

Ford's defence lawyer, Tom Danos, told the County Court today that Ford had been attacked twice in prison last Wednesday, once with a razor blade.

He said Ford had been moved from protective custody to the Charlotte ward of Port Phillip Prison.

Mr Danos said prisoners were usually moved to the high-protection unit, which involves 23 hours of lock-up as a form of punishment.

He said the move had hindered his preparation for Ford's trial, restricting access to him.

Ford's ex-wife, Rita, today said he had been slashed on the back with a blade by a prisoner last week and had since been placed in solitary confinement for his protection.

Mrs Ford said she believed the attack was related to his high-profile role in Corby's defence.

"He's all right but it has really taken its toll since he came back (from Corby's trial)," Mrs Ford said.

"It's been really tough mentally and emotionally.

"He's back in solitary confinement now, and that means three-hour lockdowns, one visit a week and one phone call a day.

"It's for his own safety. It's come with what he's done helping out with the (Corby) case over there."

Mrs Ford said at least one of the wounds on Ford's back might have required stitches but he did not report the injuries immediately.

"It just wasn't worth the implications of speaking up about it," she said.

"He wasn't in maximum security when it happened, and that was his choice, but he was going well until he went to Bali.

"He's coped with all the verbal abuse and the verbal threats but the violence has set him back. It's tired him out and with his trial coming up, he's not fit (to go on)."

A Corrections Victoria spokeswoman said Ford did not require hospital treatment.

"He was involved in an incident. He is not cooperating with corrections officials, not telling them what happened, and he has been moved to another part of the prison system," she said.

Ford told Corby's trial the marijuana found in the Queenslander's bodyboard bag was placed there without her knowledge by criminals involved in a drug-trafficking ring operating at Australian airports.

Ford testified that he had overheard two fellow prisoners laughing about how a crime boss's shipment of marijuana had gone missing between Brisbane and Sydney last year.

He said the drugs were owned by a Melbourne man, who vehemently denied the allegation.

Ford will face trial later this month on charges of rape, aggravated burglary, threat to kill, unlawful imprisonment and assault.

- with AAP