• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Age 17 Mar 05: Evidence clears drug girl: Lawyers

Narcomatic some baggage screeners did spot the stanley knives or "box cutters" on 9/11 however as the the FAA hadn't classed them as weapons the hijackers were allowed to board with them.

As for the judges they may have experience but they and the system they work in don't seem functioning in such a way as to properly dispence justice. I must say I'm curious Narcomatic do you think that she is getting a fair trial?

Nice tits your comments made no sense at all. Refering to what zaki said, everyone knows in indonesia there is death penalty, as narcomatic has mentioned australia is running a population of 20 million while indonesia has ten times that amount of australia, which makes penaltys/pusnishment alot more fierce. All together i would agree bringing cannibus into indonesia and getting the death penalty is very harsh, speaking from a democratic country. The government can`t do much about it, speaking genrally if our government made a call to them, they will just hang up or tell you to "f" off, which is the point you need to get accross. Even 1 billion dollar woudn`t save her ass if shes found guilty. Ive seen many documentarys about drug smuggles and being life in prison as the say in a country like indonesia is considered as hell.

I'm not particularly familiar with the history of Indonesia's justice system but I don't believe the severity of their laws has anything to do with the size of their population.

Last edited:
No offence, in australia we goto respect the judges outcome, while your trying to say we dont need to respect other ppls countrys and there laws, if you dont respect it then your free not to fly over there, its there own land and turf. I believe you guys have the right to make a say and your views you can share, but the truth is unknown and said i said before i wont make further comments cause i dont know my self certainly if i dont agree with there law then i wont be flying there, thats how easy it can be. Its not about if its a fair trial, its mainly about if the judge believes if shes telling the truth. cuz atm it remains a mystery to me cuz ive never seen a case like this before, as most places overseas they admit to it. Its like walking in to your house and saying no your not allowed to watch tv in here, thats how they see it. You guys are lucky enough to get publicity in indo

I was talking about the laws of indo and the respect towards certain country's

this isn't about respect its about justice, and ensuring she receives a fair and impartial trial. Which she isn't receiving because of the plainly obvious incompetence and corruption of the Indonesian judicial system.

even if your extremely cynical of the media in this situation (which would put you in the running for most cynical worldwide - you probably believe in Bigfoot) some of the information the media have provided, and the interviews with people involved in the trial (Criminologist for example) show clearly she is being fucked over through a combination of post colonial resentment, indifference and prosecution lawyers looking to make a name for themselves. Seriously the cannabis queen - it already implies guilt in the tag they've given her.

What a fucked country - even the logic of someone bringing in 4kg of pot in her bag when you can pick up ounces of the shit straight off the street is ludicrous. You're completely deluding yourself if you think these judges are in anyway competent.

stop trolling -

Downer urges caution over claims
16:57 AEST Mon Apr 18 2005

Unsubstantiated allegations of corruption in the case against Schapelle Corby should be taken to the Indonesian authorities, not the media, the federal government said on Monday.

The warning followed a suggestion last week by Corby's main financial backer, Gold Coast mobile phone entrepreneur Ron Bakir, of possible corruption in the Indonesian legal system.

Mr Bakir suggested prosecutors in Corby's drugs case in Bali had tried to cut a deal to spare her life, although he later appeared to back away from his comments.

The claim has been denied by the Indonesian embassy in Canberra.

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said it was inappropriate to make public allegations of corruption or bribery without proof.

"I don't think people should make public allegations of that kind without being able to substantiate them," Mr Downer told reporters in Sydney.

"In a court case you want to be very careful in what you say about that court case outside of the court.

"If there are concerns about bribery taking place then they should be taken up with the Indonesian police and Indonesian authorities."

Mr Downer also appealed to the media to give Corby space when she returned to court on Thursday.

"Part of the problem in court is that the media crowd in around her and this is pretty difficult for her so we hope very much that the media will give her a bit of space when she goes back into the court."

He said Australian diplomats in Bali were doing everything they could to make sure Corby received medical assistance.

The Queensland beauty student will return to court this week to hear her fate if found guilty of smuggling 4.1kg of cannabis into Bali last October inside an unlocked bodyboard bag.

Corby, who has denied the charge, faces a maximum penalty of death by firing squad, although the Sydney Morning Herald, citing a spokesman for her legal team, reported on Monday that prosecutors will seek instead seek a life sentence and a $133,000 fine.

You got no evidence to claim your statement you obviously make no sense at all as i said many times before but you struggle to read into it also calling another country fucked is inproper, if you read the artical i post it says "Unsubstantiated allegations of corruption in the case against Schapelle Corby should be taken to the Indonesian authorities, not the media, the federal government said on Monday".....Below the article it also mentions: "Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said it was inappropriate to make public allegations of corruption or bribery without proof." which also saids "I don't think people should make public allegations of that kind without being able to substantiate them," Mr Downer told reporters in Sydney."In a court case you want to be very careful in what you say about that court case outside of the court."

Everything that i have stated before is said by the federal government and foreign affair minister. I don`t see any point to continue this thread when you dont even get the message. Maybe you should travel more and realise that there will always be heavier or lesser laws in countrys, same for australia

interesting that no one is up-in-arms about the indonesian judicial system, and its use of the death penalty, until an Australian girl is on trial. It's a little innapropriate for people to go on about social justice until they have the same concern for all human life, regardless of race.

I'd also like to point out something that no one seems to have covered... the Australian government is currently on a monumental drug crusade... they probably don't want to be seen helping a potential drug trafficer. And i doubt the aging population believes she is innocent, any excuse to have a whinge about young people and drugs.... and the aged population is where the votes come from. I know that sounds bitter and perhaps a little far fetched, but i wouldn't put it past the Liberal government these days...

narcomatic - I'm well aware that my reasoning would not be considered in court. I was trying to point out though - that using commen sense and forgetting all the legal crap - it obvious she didn't do it. Me saying its just not possible not being a good enough argument. Well maybe not in caught - but my best friends's dad is a customs officer - and its just not possible for her bag to have been screened so many times and not get picked up.

And in response to the knife thing with 9/11. America's laws are more complicated than Australia's. In certain situations American authorities would be breaking the civil liberty laws if they stopped someone even if the authorities knew the person they were stopping was going to do something or had something until the patriot act was introduced. I'm not saying this was how the knives got on but I am saying that this is how the terrorists themselves got on. Point being that a comparison between America and Australia is invalid. Esp as America did not at the point you are talking about posses the same standard scanning equipment.

Narcomatic - you repeatedly say that we need to respect the laws of another countryand respect the judges decision because aleegeation os corruption and incompetence are as yet unsubstantiated. But corruption in all aspects of Indonesia's regime is well documented.

Please though - you don't need to flame in your posts to get your point accross.

Nice Tits

except you got no evidence to back up your claims, and the message hasnt go through to your head, if your brave enough to say certain situations, this is a certain situation.

frog_e said:
interesting that no one is up-in-arms about the indonesian judicial system, and its use of the death penalty, until an Australian girl is on trial. It's a little innappropriate for people to go on about social justice until they have the same concern for all human life, regardless of race.

Frog_e I can only speak for myself but I certainly do place quite a high value on human rights and the implication that I am only concerned about Ms Corby's welfare because she is Australian is a little offensive. I have been critical of human rights abuses in Indonesia since I first started learning about the crimes of the Suharto regime many years ago, and I am certaibly not an advocate of the death penalty. The only reason that I did not get into a debate about the death penalty or the wider problems caused their justice system is that I thought such topics probably deserve to be discussed in more detail in another thread.

Narcomatic you have repeatedly ignored/misunderstood others points, i have understood your point from the first post you made. Your point being that people need to respect indonesian law if they wish to go to indonesia. I was merely expressing my disagreement with those laws within my rights as a member of a democratic message board that is commonly used as a forum for people to express their disagreement with laws all over the world. Please continue to rant and flame at me regarding my opinion but it will not change the fact that you are making yourself look like an uneducated flea within our community.

Once again i extend my deepest sympathy to Shapelle Corby and her family and friends during this extremely horrible time. I believe in her innocence although i do not have access to any proof I am intitled to express that belief. I am also going to express that i believe that even if she was stupid enough to transport that much weed in that fashion she should not be facing life in prison or that death penalty, however these are the laws of indonesia and i DO respect their right to govern their country in a way they so desire. Above all i would like to point out the reasons i reach the opinion that she is innocent. A) Who would be stupid enough to transport so much weed to a country that has such a high availability of the stuff, anyone exporting weed to Indonesia would be doing so at a loss, from what i have been told by friends who have travelled to bali. B) With point A in mind, what other reason would she have for attempting to carry weed into Indonesia, perhaps with sheer stupidity some people may take some weed to smoke on their surfing holiday, like 4.1 kg's??? How many surfies would it take to smoke that much in a holiday :p
C) Finally if someone was going to try and get 4.1kg's of the smelliest stinkiest least compacted illicit substance through customs you would think that they would at least attempt to burry it underneath something in their luggage to attempt to conceal it and not just have it sitting on top of a body board in a place it would be clearly visible as soon as the bag was opened and if someone was dumb enough to put it in such a place you would think that they would have at least the slightest bit of intelligence telling them not to open it in front of customs officers and show them.

With the small amount of fact we have been given by the media in this case i think it is clear to anyone in their right mind that this 4.1kg's of weed was bound for brisbane or sydney or wherever it was meant to be removed from he bag and that Shapelle Corby arrived in Bali, collected her luggage and discovered that her holiday was about to be extended into the most unexpected, frightening and nightmarish incarceration of an innocent person.

Narcomatic i look forward to being subjected to yet another rendition of your trolling/flaming rant. This time please try to read my post over a few times and make sure that whatever you decide to say i said is actually something that i said.

You got no evidence to claim your statement you obviously make no sense at all

ok so you want someone here to give you black and white evidence of a judge/lawyer requesting a bribe. Sure we keep that stuff on video out the back, you know I just go to Indonesia just to catch mid-level corruption.

Fact: Indonesia is one of the most corrupt nations in world
(http://www.transparency.org/pressreleases_archive/2004/2004.10.20.cpi.en.html). In fact did you know the Sudan is less corrupt then Indonesia. (fancy that). Just Google and you'll find thousands of articles & case studies re corruption in indonesia.

What is ludicrous is that you believe the Australian Government. The same government that lied about children overboard, GST, WMD, Tampa and so on. Whilst despite claiming anything from the Media is bullshit you've taken this story are using it to imply somehow because the government is taking a straddle the fence position that this somehow absolves the Indonesian judiciary from any claim of corruption.

Seriously how is that the defence know what the prosecution are going to ask for (in way of sentence). The prosecution have obviously advised the defence is this, what everyone should be asking is why this occurred.

except you got no evidence to back up your claims, and the message hasnt go through to your head, if your brave enough to say certain situations, this is a certain situation.

Ok - I really have no idea what you are talking about. But I'll respond to what I think you mean.

I realise that I havn't used much evidence to back up my claims. Mostly because its difficult to "prove" things that have been told you straight from a customs officer. Other things I've said that I havn't backed up - like the "certain situations" you mentioned is because its irrelevant. The "certain situations" was referring to AMERICAN law - this is a thread about the CORBY case - so I didn't want to rant and rave about it - just quickly mention it. But if you really want to know - watch Ferenhype 9/11 - there is a detailed account there of how the civil liberty laws in america were affected after the introduction of the patriot act.

Its also my understanding that Australia has the best scanning equipment in the world. I understand this because my dad wrote the preliminary report outling requirements for a major International airport. While I don't believe he was directly involved with Customs scanning equipment - outlines of what customs wanted were necessary for dad's report. While I'll also acknowledge that dad's preliminary report was written quite a few years ago - what he wrote has now been implemented in at least one airport and sections of it adopted in others. Information dad has given me about customs equipment has been backed up by a customs officer.

I can't back up my info on customs any better than that as at the end of the day its still word of mouth.

Nice Tits

No matter what opinion anyone holds of the issues ( i myself think she is not guilty) She WILL be found guilty....
the indonesian legal system is fucked.....
this sort of thing (drug smuggling) Happens every day in nearly every country of the world.....
It wont suprise me if she gets death.
Just goes to show. if you travel, DONT take drugs with you, and put padlocks on your bags.
Best of luck with the case to Shappele.
DfI ;)

Whenever I travel on planes I always check my carry-on luggage prior to getting off the plane (incase someone slipped something in) and always check my luggage before going through customs.

When you check your luggage in these days, note they ask questions such as 'Did you pack your bags or did someone else pack them', 'Have you at any time left your bags alone' etc. They are establishing that you, and only you, are solely responsible for the contents of that luggage.

It's clear that people do plant things in luggage, and people have probably being doing this for yonks. Take steps to avoid it! :)

I have a close relative who works @ Sydney airport. You can take what I'll say with a grain of salt or not.

At Sydney airport thousands of people lose/forget everything from wallets, laptops, books, clothes, baggage's. Everything. Usually the cleaners & handlers will pocket items of value and of course when the call comes in will feign ignorance about not finding said item. Items from bags are stolen. Incidentially apparently they have an entire warehouse of lost items (fully packed bags of clothing and personal item, sporting gear, computers etc etc)

I had a long discussion with the relative the other day about this and he indicated an organised gang was operating within baggage handlers area (he used the word "mafia"). From my understanding Airport management have been covering this up for years (thus no camera's in the baggage handling area's). He implied the union was also in on the game. He wasn't able to say whether management were getting a bit of the take or whether they were protecting their own assess by covering this up). He went onto say that locks don't do shit (picked/broken off etc) and there is no way to determined whether customs/law enforcement looked in your bag or whether it was the baggage handler. (anyway how would you prove it if the shit hit the fan).

Apparently most of the tampering goes on in the crawl spaces / passage ways your luggage takes to get to tarmac since due to the small space its almost impossible to install camera's in there.

anyway that's my 2cent. I think the only way to prove you didn't import drugs is to video tape yourself search the bag, and then, without cutting, show it going into baggage area via the carousel - the airport does this but as we all know they usually delete the tape log before the police who arrested you in the other country get around to requesting it.

^
When I flew to Holland, any bag that was opened by the Dutch customs was wrapped up in bright yellow tape. I reckon 30-40% of bags had been opened.

I don`t see any reason moving on further in this issue, as you dont get my point, and keep switching subjects. From gathering all these news and stats i can get i believe most of these comments are from young teenagers.
You goto realise there are people who see this differently as stats shows

Poll ResultsDo you think Australian authorities should have done more to ensure the alleged drug smugglers were arrested in Australia?

You've already voted - displaying results

1053 (20%) Yes - the alleged smugglers should face justice in Australia.
4121 (79%) No - they should be subject to Indonesian law, even if that means the death penalty.

narcomatic said:
I don`t see any reason moving on further in this issue, as you dont get my point, and keep switching subjects. From gathering all these news and stats i can get i believe most of these comments are from young teenagers.
You goto realise there are people who see this differently as stats shows

You are really beginning to annoy me.

The reason that people keep switching subjects is that new issues arise all of the time, its quite a complicated situation. Discussions of the trial invariably lead to debates about customs procedures, the role of the media, the Indonesian legal system, the nature of the international narcotics trade, domestic drug smuggling and the list goes on. While it is important to stay on topic its only natural for people to discuss these and many other issues that may arise in the case.

You also mentioned that you feel as if most of the comments have been written by young teenagers. So far Narcomatic you are the one who has been writing in a particularly childish manner. I'm not posting this to critique your writing skills or to insult you but please read your own posts before saying that others write like young teenagers. And finally you suggested closing the topic as people don't seem to understand your point, well what could be more childish than that.