Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Drugs Bought With Virtual Cash - SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
^What if anything does that have to do with SR?
uh, before you jump down my throat, i was replying to a (now deleted) post that was something along the lines of "so have any of you guys managed to successfully buy anything through this recently?"
so pardon me. a bit of discretion never hurt nobody.

^if you think i'm actually an informer you're really wrong and have been trolled something chronic. Common knowledge lol.

I never mentioned you in any form, and it was coincidence that you posted above me as the time we posted would suggest we posted at the same time

Silk road is a brilliant idea.

Of course there's risk, and it's different from what we're used to, so there should be consideration and careful assessment.

I don't think the bitcoin is completely untraceable.

I guess you have to look at how far the police are willing to go to get x amount of drugs. Is it worth all their time to bust someone getting a gram or less of some unidentifiable substance? OF course they could run further labs on it but would they bother for a small amount? I'd say the risks increase significantly once you start talking about more than gram and/or substances which can be field tested quickly for a positive or negative result.

^Thats the point.

No one is going to get busted buying small quantities of drugs from these sites because the cost to police resources is much higher than the value of the people being busted for small time drug use. It costs a lot of money to mobilize and execute a search warrant for the jacks. It's not like them going to a festival and busting people for having small quantities - and even then, they get a few dealers and all the users get diversions.

^Thats the point.

No one is going to get busted buying small quantities of drugs from these sites because the cost to police resources is much higher than the value of the people being busted for small time drug use. It costs a lot of money to mobilize and execute a search warrant for the jacks. It's not like them going to a festival and busting people for having small quantities - and even then, they get a few dealers and all the users get diversions.

I believe the coppers WILL bust people for even small amounts because as you can see by the amount of posts concerning RC's has risen dramatically in the last 12 months or so, this means the amount of people ordering has increased. I believe its a matter of when and not if they come down hard on mail order drugs

^ I did try to provide some reasoning for my madness. Such tiny amounts won't provide any good cases for the cops, letalone the feds who handle such things. They have bigger fish to fry than the odd user. Different ball game when you're importing kilos of substances.

^ I did try to provide some reasoning for my madness. Such tiny amounts won't provide any good cases for the cops, letalone the feds who handle such things. They have bigger fish to fry than the odd user. Different ball game when you're importing kilos of substances.

the amount of people ordering online has risen dramatically, I just think its only a matter of time before the cops jump on a few people to scare others away from online "shopping" this may be joe bloggs ordering 2 grams of 6-apb or john doe ordering 5 grams of MDPV. At the moment to the coppers it looks like LOTS of people are just ignoring the law, ordering what the fuck they want and posting about it

I was reading today that 70% of mail in australia post comes from "online shopping" so with amounts of mail like that coming in to the country it's gonna be realllll hard for them to crack down on a some grammies of powders here and there scattered throughout whatever number of packages makes up 70% of our total mail.

I was reading today that 70% of mail in australia post comes from "online shopping" so with amounts of mail like that coming in to the country it's gonna be realllll hard for them to crack down on a some grammies of powders here and there scattered throughout whatever number of packages makes up 70% of our total mail.

very true and glad you posted this, I didnt know the % was so high! makes sense when you consider most people send emails now instead of letters, same with bills. God im getting old

I'll take a rough stab and say the other 30% is bills and government letters, and personal correspondence between oldies that haven't heard of email.

^Thats the point.

The ONE possible exception I can think of is the police focusing on research chems and small imports to send a message to those of us who are doing this. They might have a month or two where they focus operations on small finds of unidentified powders coming in from overseas. It's not feasible for them to commit all those resources year around, but it wouldn't suprise me if they did that for a period of time just to scare people off.

The ONE possible exception I can think of is the police focusing on research chems and small imports to send a message to those of us who are doing this. They might have a month or two where they focus operations on small finds of unidentified powders coming in from overseas. It's not feasible for them to commit all those resources year around, but it wouldn't suprise me if they did that for a period of time just to scare people off.

Thats exactly what Im saying, if you read these very forums we look like we flout the law openly!

It's worth considering that it isn't just law enforcement that watch sites like this, but law-makers as well.

Apparently salvia was banned in Australia after some sort of committee noted its inclusion on a drug forum.

Laws and the way they are enforced are in the hands of people with more resources and power than simply the police and customs. Worth considering in regard to openly discussing this kind of stuff, as well as other things on bluelight such as the abuse of OTC meds and other legal or semi-legal substances.

Last edited:
Sorry mister I skipped your posts. You make a good point, as this kind of thing gets more popular the more likely they'll crack down.

Even if it's not part of some organised operation I guess they might just randomly test stuff with GC-MS occasionally. If it came in a really dodgy package it'd probably draw attention and they might test it - this is something you can't control so def a +risk. Also - if it's coming from a known address that's suspected.

IT's hard to say if it'll become that popular or not...here on bluelight it can seem like research chemicals are really popular, but to me it has seemed like typical drug users have no idea for the most part.

I've talked to lots of different people about silk road, and for the most part they think it's a crazy idea. If they've been buying from the dude down the road or even on the street for 20 odd years, it's all they know and change isn't normally welcomed.

So yeah, it's early days...don't listen to anyone who says it's safe! Weigh up the risks yourself, find out what the possible charges could be if it all goes wrong. IMO this kind of thing will stay super niche for a fair while.

My dream is that they figure out how to make a device that assembles things molecularly, like in star trek :). You'd just buy some software, plug in C10H15NO2 and boom, it'd synth you a gram of MDMA.

Laws and the way they are enforced are in the hands of people with more resources and power than simply the police and customs. Worth considering in regard to openly discussing this kind of stuff, as well as other thongs on bluelight such as the abuse of OTC meds and other legal or semi-legal substances.

Good point. I still think the major thing that'll draw interest from LE and whoever else is bad press. If the newspapers get a story like a death or finding that school kids are doing it - you know it won't be ignored much longer.

Alastair MacGibbon, the director of the Centre for Internet Safety at the University of Canberra, said the Silk Road model would almost certainly remain a ‘‘niche’’ idea. ‘‘The paramount issue here is trust. Would you trust an anonymous moderator? Would you trust an anonymous seller in another country?’’ he said.

Yes Alastair MacGibbon, I would trust an anonymous moderator and seller, because it beats going down to the dodgy flats and getting stabbed just trying to get some weed!

The RC market has been around for a long time now, I would have thought they would have cracked down already. Especially after the Meph laws and busts but obviously it isnt such a big deal to LE.

^ Mephedrone was already listed in the SUSMP though; a lot of these other substances fall under the analogue laws and I don't know how keen they are to pursue that.

I think one of the greatest aspects of the site is the use of an Escrow system, which personally in the drugs trade is an oxymoron (not once have i ever done a drug deal that i expected i could get a refund or my money back if the gear didn't arrive or was shit). What this means is that for every sale made, most sellers will let the buyer leave the funds in SRs escrow system until the item arrives - then the funds are released and a feedback is left for the seller, or if nothing arrives some form of compensation is paid or unpaid depending on the resolution between seller and buyer.

That's. Soooooo. Illegal! Props to these guys if they can get away with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.