View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Never to return..

rickolasnice

Bluelighter
Have you or do you know someone that has taken psychedelics to then never fully return to their normal selves. This doesn't HAVE to be "have you known someone to turn psychotic".. the change could have infact been positive, however, it has to be a pretty big change.. For example:

NO:
A friend of mine tripped on lsd and it made him see that life is beautiful and since then he has appreciated life alot more.

YES:
A friend of mine tripped on lsd and it made him think that his friends were casting magic spells on him to make him more happy and since then has come up with many more theories of such activity.

I'm talking a significant, permanent (or very long term) change in you or someone you know.

Sad story: a friend of mine tripped on LSD and afterwards was much more paranoid and anti-social and really hard to manage when hanging out (he would twitch and jump up when we were smoking a bowl and randomly run out of the room because he had a 'bad feeling). He's now addicted to oxycontin and heroin. :\

These are VERY powerful drugs that WILL rearrange how your brain is wired. That is why it is so crucial to only take them with the best set (mindstate) and setting (environment) and keep your dose controlled (weighed or conservatively dosed). Otherwise you can very well do damage to yourself.

A friend of mine had to be instatutionalized after too much 2cb.

I fealt real bad after that and in a way responsible :(

Last edited:
I'll also add on a positive note that my life has changed for the positive since my first trip. I took a long break after tripping a few dozen times on mushrooms to return to experiment with DMT and LSD (and a whole host of other research chemicals)...after this break during my second 'phase' of tripping, the impacts were INCREDIBLY positive, leading me to think its best if people wait until they have matured a little bit before putting psychedelics in their brain.

peace!

TRPPNASS_DSCOMONKE said:
^^ if you dont mind me asking, institutionalized due to what?

He started having paranoid delusions. Thinking random people or his friends were out to get him.
Seeing messages in the clouds, TV etc.

His symptoms seemed similar to what i experienced in meth psychosis, except his didnt go away after a couple days of sleep.

He has since gotten out of the hospital but does get sent back there every once in a while when he stops taking his meds.:(

cannibis often made me think that my friends disliked me or were for some unknown reason working against me. there would be all these weird synchrosities.

i believe you could get messages in the clouds or tv, of course ive always thought that. i dont think anythings out of question. i think the great spirit will reach you however it needs to. but yes, drugs will exacerbate these things.

sorry bout your friend, hope he improves.

enough derailment, my bad, lol.

I know someone who took acid and thinking he saw god and was scolded by him for drug, joined the priesthood...

Last edited:
I had one particularly intense trip after overdosing on liquid LSD (probably did over 1mg when only intending to do ~400mcg, also mixed it with a lot of cannabis and ketamine in an attempt to calm me down) that left me with mild psychosis for about a month. I tripped for two days straight, some really ridiculous stuff happened that night and it was definitely traumatic in some senses while being overwhelmingly beautiful at the same time haha.

I'm stable now, but it has seemed to have somewhat of a permanent effect on me in that all of my trips are overly intense now - which isn't always a bad thing (I actually kinda like it) but it's impossible for me to have a casual/purely recreational trip now, just because of the sheer intensity, even at low doses.

These drugs can have a significant effect on your brain if not used carefully - so be safe everyone haha.

a friend and I were had dosed to LSD (two hits each) about one hour or two before getting out the N20. we both took two whippits each and relaxed for a moment of trance. after coming back from the whippit we made eye contact and i saw the expression in my friends face turn very strange.

he started saying "ive been lying, ive been lying" (apparently he had lied to me about the death of his mother, she wasnt dead.) i tried to calm him down. telling him it was o.k. and i could forgive him since i was a good friend.

and he eventually snapped and one second would be shaking me telling me that I was the devil and he couldnt find God here, "not with these drugs". then the next moment he would be collapsed at my feet crying. telling me that i was God/Jesus, and thanking me for redemming him of his sins. i went from God to the devil 4 or 5 times. then with one final "I cant find God here, not with these drugs" he ran to his car and took off driving into the night.

i was tripping just as hard as he was so needless to say i was a bit shaken, lol.

the next day he changed his phone number, changed his job, and never talked to any of our group of friends again. he did have someone tell me through the grapevine he made it home o.k. that night.

that was the first time i realized psychs might not be for everyone, lol.

what would the proper term for that occurence be? schizophrenic break?

^The guy tripped out. These drugs are fucking powerful. Hell, I've thought I was God and acted thusly many times, buts its not psychosis, its (at the least) drug intoxication. That said, almost all my ideas on spirituality and religion come from tripping so I could very well be insane too innagoodway

I knew a guy who had a mushroom trip which left him, what I would call, clinically insane. He continued hearing voices and experiencing psychosis for months afterwards. He was institutionalized after trying to kill himself 3 days later. I visited him and he would cry tell tell me all kinds of things that did not make any sense to me. I haven't seen him in 2 years since then, but I talked to a friend the other day who mentioned that he was since doing well and he seems fine. He has a job (has been having a steady one for at least a year with no bad symptoms). It's just as if he broke psychologically and it took a few months to repair itself. I am glad it did repair though. He takes medication now and does no drugs anymore.

I don't know if the mushrooms caused the break. He was going through a lot at the time.

I don't know if the mushrooms caused the break. He was going through a lot at the time.

A bit of everything really. Theres not really a more intense feeling then tripping your head off with heaps of things to deal with in reality; the contast is shocking. I'm glad your friend is okay now though :) You can never know whether it would have happened to him or not....

swilow said:
^The guy tripped out. These drugs are fucking powerful. Hell, I've thought I was God and acted thusly many times, buts its not psychosis, its (at the least) drug intoxication. That said, almost all my ideas on spirituality and religion come from tripping so I could very well be insane too innagoodway

Yeah I'm kinda the same way, so I suppose I shouldnt make fun of him to much lol.

Gaian Planes said:
Sad story: a friend of mine tripped on LSD and afterwards was much more paranoid and anti-social and really hard to manage when hanging out (he would twitch and jump up when we were smoking a bowl and randomly run out of the room because he had a 'bad feeling). He's now addicted to oxycontin and heroin. :\

Are you talking about me?! 8o