• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides "Needlepoint" LSD and other bollocks

Everything you’ve just quoted is decades old information. That’s been refuted many times in too many other older threads that it’s no point rehashing it here. Try finding something from the last 20yrs maybe?

In the last 20yrs we’ve discovered that polymorphs have an effect. Back then they didn’t know crystal lattice formations had an effect on the experience itself. We are just now in the past 5yrs even beginning to grasp what it all even means.

Back then they didn’t have as many ultra pure chemicals as today, as you can see in your quoted material they seem to have this misguided belief that only LSD holds potency needed to give effects. They did zero testing of the synergy between the impurities and LSD. We since now know that there can be interactions.

Great example, CBD and NMT. Both substances once thought to be pretty much inactive. But we see when combined with THC and DMT respectively there is major interactions which take place that can alter the experience.

In the end, any word on what crystal your LSD is is likely BS. And people are gonna believe what they want to believe on the purity topic.

-GC

Yeah polymorphism is a fascinating topic we are only beginning to really understand. Though it is sensible to think that the crystal structure would make no difference, since it dissolves into individual molecules before being absorbed, that does not seem to be the case, at least not always. The smoking gun for me came when I read about an HIV medication which only works with one of the polymorphs, and is ineffective with others. Quite simply, I think we think we know more than we actually do. Clearly there is some factor in the molecular structure that is different between different polymorphs, otherwise why would they form different crystal structures? It is not hard for me to believe that these differences could in some cases at least, have an effect on the way the molecule behaves in the human brain in terms of receptor binding and/or other factors. The fact of the matter is, interaction with drugs and receptors, and the resulting subjective effects, is an extremely complex thing, and I believe we simply do not yet fully understand everything that is going on.

Of course the placebo effect is also a very big factor. But one polymorph of an antiviral drug working and others not working is no placebo effect. There is something there and that is concrete evidence that polymorphism at least CAN, in some cases, have a profound effect on the effects of a drug.

Different alcohol drinks probably differ in subjective effects due to placebo. There have been studies demonstrating placebo drunkenness from non-alcoholic drinks claimed to contain alcohol. Placebo is powerful and must always be taken into account when analyzing things like this. Some people claim beer makes them tired and spirits get them going, opposite to your description...

There is research on for example hop compounds and their possible pharmacology, but that's tentative. Alcohol alone may produce all of the effects you mentioned for various drink types, just like LSD alone may produce psychedelia as well as nausea etc. The sound assumption is to boil most of these differences down to the power of placebo.
Yes its pretty amazing what the mind will generate. But everything is a placebo really if you are of the mind is the source philosophy versus being more of a scientific materialist which seems to be more fashionable lately. That said, I noticed these effects regarding alcohol long ago without ever having any expectations about how different alcoholic drinks might affect me, noticed it when I was still a kid. I remember being quite surprised how tired and sleepy a couple of vodka cocktails made me feel. And the effects have always been the same, Vodka is just really boring for me, I've never been a fan of relaxants or relaxing. Maybe I don't understand what is meant by placebo, but I thought it meant that you have some pre-concept that something is going to affect you in some way and then it does based on your expectations. Can a person get a placebo effect from something they don't know about, don't have any pre-conceptions or expectations about and also isn't there? Hahaha...that is very funny to consider and there are some strange phenomena out there, so maybe so. Seems more likely though to me that there are other things in various alcohols that modulate the effects of alcohol, tanins in wines, hops in beer as you mention, they probably have cbds in them as they are so closely related to ganja. I'm not one to wait for the research to come out my experiences and intuition are often correct, as affected by placebos as they might be.

That said I had a pretty good placebo LSD trip from a practical joke that was played on me by a friend ages ago. He told me he had some acid, did I want any? He was tired of it, had had kind of a bad experience last time and just wanted it out of sight, out of mnd. Haha...the evil bugger! Just gave me some small squares of paper cut from a magazine. I commented "These are just squares of magazine paper." He says, "Oh yeah! Sure! But the guy I got them from had a bottle of liquid acid. I watched him put it on these magazine scraps, its strong stuff. Yeah its just magazine paper! Hahaha, right! It will blow your head off if youre not carefull!" I went home, pretty happy about getting some free acid. I was still living with my parents, and soon as they went to bed for the night, I dropped the magazine paper and planned to stay up all night tripping in my room listening to music on my headphones, I had also gotten a few pretty great psychedelic music records, George Clinton's Computer Games and Steve Hillage's last solo record, For to Next, I think it is called. It was a Friday night so I had the whole weekend to recover and so I dropped started playing my new records, really loving the music and sure enough started coming up a bit and then the closed eye visuals came, but they were really weak. I wasn't feeling much in my body, but was feeling pleasant enough. After about only 6 hours I felt I had come down. Strange. Goo to bed and go right to sleep. Also weird. Call my friend the next day, "That acid was pretty weak." He laughs and tells me straight away there wasn't any LSD on it. It was just magazine paper. I was amazed as he was that I tripped on it at all. But yeah, placebo is pretty real.

Last edited:
Haha wow, great anecdote. :) I've experienced contact highs from being around people tripping quite a lot, without taking anything myself, and also given contact highs. Not the same thing but it's related to placebo in my opinion. It kinda makes sense since we mirror people with empathy, if you know someone is experiencing something and try to get on their level. But what really tripped me out is back in 2006/2007, when I would trip a lot, almost only by myself. Usually I wouldn't tell anyone because they'd treat me differently, no one I hung out with had nearly as much experience as me and would be like "whoa man, are you trippin??!!", which was annoying so I often kept it to myself so it would just be a private thing and wouldn't impact how people were treating me. So I started doing experiments because one time I noticed it seemed like the group was tripping with me and totally on my level, but I was like nah, I must be tripping. But it was convincing enough that I wanted to see, plus there is that report I read in PIHKAL in the 2C-I entry about someone who was with a group who took 2C-I and got visuals though they took nothing.

So I was on DOC one day and my friend, who tripped from time to time, and I were riding bikes around a lake. I made sure not to tell him I was tripping and went about the day with him, we smoked some weed and were having a lot of silly conversations. He kept saying he felt way higher than the weed should make him, and then at one point we stopped to rest and we were looking at at the clouds and he was like dude, did you slip me some acid or something? These fucking clouds are moving, what the fuck? Why am I tripping right now? I was like no dude, I definitely didn't give you any acid without telling you! There was another time too that same year, where my girlfriend at the time, who I used to hide tripping from because she thought it was "stupid kid shit" (I don't recommend this by the way but it was how I lived my life for some years - I married her, it ended up being a disaster) was hanging out with me while I was tripping, and started talking about how the carpet was swirling and how she felt like she was having a spiritual experience and she actually ended up having a pretty profound time, but never knew I was tripping and never made any sort of link to psychedelics (we were also smoking weed but we always smoked weed together constantly). It was a great day, and it also was pretty trippy for me since it was the second time that I could really confirm that something was going on there which wasn't just in my head, that wasn't based on someone knowingly trying to "get on my level".

Yes its pretty amazing what the mind will generate. But everything is a placebo really if you are of the mind is the source philosophy versus being more of a scientific materialist which seems to be more fashionable lately. That said, I noticed these effects regarding alcohol long ago without ever having any expectations about how different alcoholic drinks might affect me, noticed it when I was still a kid. I remember being quite surprised how tired and sleepy a couple of vodka cocktails made me feel. And the effects have always been the same, Vodka is just really boring for me, I've never been a fan of relaxants or relaxing. Maybe I don't understand what is meant by placebo, but I thought it meant that you have some pre-concept that something is going to affect you in some way and then it does based on your expectations. Can a person get a placebo effect from something they don't know about, don't have any pre-conceptions or expectations about and also isn't there? Hahaha...that is very funny to consider and there are some strange phenomena out there, so maybe so. Seems more likely though to me that there are other things in various alcohols that modulate the effects of alcohol, tanins in wines, hops in beer as you mention, they probably have cbds in them as they are so closely related to ganja. I'm not one to wait for the research to come out my experiences and intuition are often correct, as affected by placebos as they might be.

That said I had a pretty good placebo LSD trip from a practical joke that was played on me by a friend ages ago. He told me he had some acid, did I want any? He was tired of it, had had kind of a bad experience last time and just wanted it out of sight, out of mnd. Haha...the evil bugger! Just gave me some small squares of paper cut from a magazine. I commented "These are just squares of magazine paper." He says, "Oh yeah! Sure! But the guy I got them from had a bottle of liquid acid. I watched him put it on these magazine scraps, its strong stuff. Yeah its just magazine paper! Hahaha, right! It will blow your head off if youre not carefull!" I went home, pretty happy about getting some free acid. I was still living with my parents, and soon as they went to bed for the night, I dropped the magazine paper and planned to stay up all night tripping in my room listening to music on my headphones, I had also gotten a few pretty great psychedelic music records, George Clinton's Computer Games and Steve Hillage's last solo record, For to Next, I think it is called. It was a Friday night so I had the whole weekend to recover and so I dropped started playing my new records, really loving the music and sure enough started coming up a bit and then the closed eye visuals came, but they were really weak. I wasn't feeling much in my body, but was feeling pleasant enough. After about only 6 hours I felt I had come down. Strange. Goo to bed and go right to sleep. Also weird. Call my friend the next day, "That acid was pretty weak." He laughs and tells me straight away there wasn't any LSD on it. It was just magazine paper. I was amazed as he was that I tripped on it at all. But yeah, placebo is pretty real.

Im glad it did something, ive had bunk lsd and it felt like bunk lsd..

Haha wow, great anecdote. :) I've experienced contact highs from being around people tripping quite a lot, without taking anything myself, and also given contact highs. Not the same thing but it's related to placebo in my opinion. It kinda makes sense since we mirror people with empathy, if you know someone is experiencing something and try to get on their level. But what really tripped me out is back in 2006/2007, when I would trip a lot, almost only by myself. Usually I wouldn't tell anyone because they'd treat me differently, no one I hung out with had nearly as much experience as me and would be like "whoa man, are you trippin??!!", which was annoying so I often kept it to myself so it would just be a private thing and wouldn't impact how people were treating me. So I started doing experiments because one time I noticed it seemed like the group was tripping with me and totally on my level, but I was like nah, I must be tripping. But it was convincing enough that I wanted to see, plus there is that report I read in PIHKAL in the 2C-I entry about someone who was with a group who took 2C-I and got visuals though they took nothing.

So I was on DOC one day and my friend, who tripped from time to time, and I were riding bikes around a lake. I made sure not to tell him I was tripping and went about the day with him, we smoked some weed and were having a lot of silly conversations. He kept saying he felt way higher than the weed should make him, and then at one point we stopped to rest and we were looking at at the clouds and he was like dude, did you slip me some acid or something? These fucking clouds are moving, what the fuck? Why am I tripping right now? I was like no dude, I definitely didn't give you any acid without telling you! There was another time too that same year, where my girlfriend at the time, who I used to hide tripping from because she thought it was "stupid kid shit" (I don't recommend this by the way but it was how I lived my life for some years - I married her, it ended up being a disaster) was hanging out with me while I was tripping, and started talking about how the carpet was swirling and how she felt like she was having a spiritual experience and she actually ended up having a pretty profound time, but never knew I was tripping and never made any sort of link to psychedelics (we were also smoking weed but we always smoked weed together constantly). It was a great day, and it also was pretty trippy for me since it was the second time that I could really confirm that something was going on there which wasn't just in my head, that wasn't based on someone knowingly trying to "get on my level".
DOC and DPT are in my top of drugs that are prone to Contact highs for some reason..
Idk why but they change the dynamics of the entire room.

I used to hang out with this crazy B, i mean literally batshit crazy...

I have no idea why we hung out, she had literally every weak modern libtard opinion that i hate with a passion.
She was such a energy vampire that noone wants to be around her.
But hey i was on a shitton of anabolics and our private parts seemed to like each other alot more then our minds did lol.
So we had some fun in the sack and did a bunch of drugs whenever we werent naked doing stuff that should put us in hell for eternity.

Anyway i was bored this one time she was around.
So i snuck around taking small IM shots of dpt.(def the best roa)

I had a really nice trip too untill about the third refill..
I then fell into a dpt hole and the darkness came over me..
Legions of hell and demonic powers just swirling around the room.

Anyway when i came back she was crying in a corner asking me if they are gone now.
She hadnt done anything else then cannabis either.
Spooky shit indeed.

Yeah, contact high is also something I have experienced, and I have had other experiences that have lead me to feel absolutely certain that human states of conciousness are quite transmissble. I remember when I was at university, a quite notorious school for psychedelics and counter-culture, where I think we all got shunted away from the rest of the nation back in the 80's so as not to spread our contact high to the rest of the nation so to speak, I had a number of contact LSD and mushroom experiences. I got a bit worried one time, because I was due to turn in a pretty important term paper the next day and struggling to get it all wrapped up. At one point late in the afternoon, I needed a break, I'd been pushing the pedal to the metal since mid-morning and started running out of gas and there was a bunch of local reggae, rock and punk bands playing at this free outdoor day time concert that I wanted to check out, so I thought I'll just take an hour or two break and maybe this will help charge my batteries. So I walked a few miles over there, and soon met a group of people I knew there plus some others hanging out, all students, and apparently all done for the term because they were tripping their brains out and quite rowdy and riotous about it, and I remember that among them there were these very cute very interesting chicks I had always seen around but never gotten a chance to meet and really wanted to. And there they were, the two of them, I was completetly, I never even knew they knew each other let alone would be hanging out tripping together and not only that, completely open to joking around, perfect situation to make a move and try and make an impression, so I was just completely sucked in to this party. How am I ever going to tear myself away and go back to 8-10 hours more of finishing my paper, I thought, I'm completely fucked. Some of the people in the group were on ecstasy, most on acid, maybe shrooms too since that was really the most common thing people at school would trip on. Anyway, because maybe of the ecstasy, people in the group were being really phsyical and affectionate with each other, rough housing, hugging kissing creating a complete public display of affection global holocaust right there, about 10-12 people and I got pulled into it and it just put me over the edge. I started getting the body buzz and laughing all the time. It was unmistakable and surprisingly strong. I was like, "Oh no!... Oh man! How am I going to finish my paper!" Haha! I knew exactly what was happening to me, that I was getting a contact high. And I said to some of them "What have you people done to me!? I'm starting to trip!" Someone grabbed me and some others starting poking me and saying, "Yeah youre gonna be trippin'! Ah hah ha!" I got a bit worried because I'd never had a contact psychedelics high before, but soon enough it seemed it wasn't going much of anywhere. And indeed I tore myself away from it all at last, and by the time I'd walked back to the pad I was back in term paper writing headache mode.

But in my travels and involvement with Tibetan Buddhism, there is a really important aspect of teachings and practice and that is that you get "transmission" from the lama who has ideally attained realizations or profound blessings from practicing whatever it is you are being empowered to practice. It is often referred to as a candle of conciousness lighting another candle and so on through the generations starting with super realized masters who recieve transmissions from enlightened beings for the practices. It is the same pricipal as contact high, essentially a high state of conciousness gets passed from on e person to another. You have a distinct, or you should have, a distinct experience at the moment of transmission, and I was really quite shocked that it was a total body rush not to mention a big shift in my mental state the first time I received transmission. It is considered absolutely essential to practice and through daily practice you develop the initial experience. Without it, the practice is useless. You might forget after a few years or the intensity of its re-emergence might fade, but you can always attend another transmission or empowerment as they are more commonly referred to and get kind of a booster. Tibetans with no intention of practicing often attend them to get the blessing of transmission, though in some cases that is a bit naughty, you are supposed to make an effort to do something with what you get. Some people get something a bit nasty like a bad headache or a bit of a bad trip, but it is mild and still viewed positively as a cleansing or what not.

So, yeah, conciousness transfer, contact highs, general passing on of states of mind, its really interesting stuff.

Yeah it's one of the most interesting things I've ever experienced or thought about, for sure. I have definitely encountered people who strongly give off their mental state. I remember back in college, we had a friend who was schizophrenic. He was a very intense person, pretty unpleasant to be around much of the time. Most people avoided him because he was prone to being super awkward and kinda creepy, he was actually a really nice guy though and by the end of college he was a good friend. But anyway, he'd make you feel so anxious and crazy to be around when he was having a bad time. One time I remember I was hanging out in a dorm room with some people. We had the door open, and the main door to the dorm wing, outside and down the hall and around a corner, opened up and all of us looked at each other and were like "oh shit, it's Dan". And sure enough a minute later he walked into the room.

DOC and DPT are in my top of drugs that are prone to Contact highs for some reason..
Idk why but they change the dynamics of the entire room.

I used to hang out with this crazy B, i mean literally batshit crazy...

I have no idea why we hung out, she had literally every weak modern libtard opinion that i hate with a passion.
She was such a energy vampire that noone wants to be around her.
But hey i was on a shitton of anabolics and our private parts seemed to like each other alot more then our minds did lol.
So we had some fun in the sack and did a bunch of drugs whenever we werent naked doing stuff that should put us in hell for eternity.

Anyway i was bored this one time she was around.
So i snuck around taking small IM shots of dpt.(def the best roa)

I had a really nice trip too untill about the third refill..
I then fell into a dpt hole and the darkness came over me..
Legions of hell and demonic powers just swirling around the room.

Anyway when i came back she was crying in a corner asking me if they are gone now.
She hadnt done anything else then cannabis either.
Spooky shit indeed.

DOC definitely seems to consistently facilitate this sort of experience. It's my favorite festival in part because of this. So many times I've just been glowing after a day of DOC and music and adventures, and sort of collect random people to come along, and we all have a group experience. It makes me feel like the pied piper. :alien:

Yeah it's one of the most interesting things I've ever experienced or thought about, for sure. I have definitely encountered people who strongly give off their mental state. I remember back in college, we had a friend who was schizophrenic. He was a very intense person, pretty unpleasant to be around much of the time. Most people avoided him because he was prone to being super awkward and kinda creepy, he was actually a really nice guy though and by the end of college he was a good friend. But anyway, he'd make you feel so anxious and crazy to be around when he was having a bad time. One time I remember I was hanging out in a dorm room with some people. We had the door open, and the main door to the dorm wing, outside and down the hall and around a corner, opened up and all of us looked at each other and were like "oh shit, it's Dan". And sure enough a minute later he walked into the room.
Oh yeah, definitely people who have graduated or semi-graduated to other dimensions yet are kind of stuck here, I agree they often have this powerful effect and I start losing it myself around crazy people, its really discombobulating. Yeah thats a lot like a contact high. I'm from California, land of fruits and nuts and its like Dali says about Spain, the sunlight drives everyone a little bit mad, so there were always tons of bizarre, eccentric and completely bonkers people you'd have to deal with. I probably also qualify in most people's book in that regard so I suppose I should be one to talk. But I had a housemate and friend go from normal to completely unglued over the course of about 6 months, that was a pretty amazing thing to witness, till he got arrested for stuffing one dollar bills down the gasoline hole thing where people fill their tanks with gas (God, I don't even know what that hole is called! Hahah! Age 50+ and still haven't learned to speak English!) and his Mom had to come take him off of our hands. Yeah, that was kind of like semi being on acid for a month or so when we decided to let him stay on with us rather than calling the men in white coats as most people would do. You couldn't ignore him and he was pretty in our faces with some totally bizarre projects that had to do with some other dimension where he was the king. It was amazing how persistent this other world was, really I had to concede that that world must really have existed somewhere, only that I couldn't see it.

That sounds wild. A good friend of mine who used to be in my band that I tripped with quite a bit started dating a girl some time ago for a little while. When I met her, they had been tripping for days and it turns out she was bipolar and deep into a manic episode. She was really intense to be around, she kept talking about her work and her bosses, and slowly over the course of the night, I came to find out that she fully believed that she was an agent for extraterrestrials who were coming in 3 months to take away all the worthy people from Earth and bring them to a paradise world. Her job, she thought, was to put green dots on the foreheads of worthy people and red dots on the foreheads of unworthy people. She believed this with 100% certainty. Being around her made me feel so intense, it was exhausting. Like a week later she really went off the deep end and at the peak of it tried to yank the wheel of the car while he was driving on the highway to roll it and kill them, so they could "ascend to the next dimension". He ended up taking her to her mom's house, telling her mom about it secretly, and sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night and then he changed his phone number and getting off of social media because he was afraid of her being able to come find him.

Well, the aliens are here and always have been here, but they are not, in any of the anecdotal evidence I've seen, much inclined to Jehova's Witnesses type ideas of chosen or worthy people they are going to take. Some of them grab and eat people from time to time, nicer ones drop in for pancake breakfasts and a bit of a chin wag or a scolding about how bad we humans are. Anyway, Maybe she was being messed around with by MKULTRA, but a more likely explanation, yeah just bipolar.

By the way, Xorkoth, your account of your first delvings into ETH-LAD, on which you were tripping while rock hopping along some kind of creek or small river is one of my favorite trip reports on the one substance I would definitely like to break my 30 year+ acid abstinence and try. That and ALD and AL-LAD and some tryptamines, wow it is remarkable what new things have emerged lately and make come out of psychedelic retirement sound worthwhile. I really wish I could investigate them, but we have the death penalty in this country for possession of LSD, though it always gets downgraded to 30 years in prison, but the prisons are so horrific, you'd be better off getting the death penalty, so I am not even going to test them and risk it with analogs, they no doubt could care less what it is actually, LSD with some other atoms tacked on, I'm sure AL-LAD and ETH-LAD and the like are good enough to string you up for for these guys. Anyway, I wanted to ask if you ever did more ETH-LAD, did you take a higher dose than you did in that report, did you revise your glowing appraisal of ETH-LAD more recently or anything else? I am slowly reading through the Big Dandy ETH-LAD thread great reading at times, I'm half way through it, get a slight contact buzz reading it too sometimes, but maybe you sound off about more ETH-LAD trips you've taken later than the halfway point in thread. If so, never mind I'll get to them.

That sounds wild. A good friend of mine who used to be in my band that I tripped with quite a bit started dating a girl some time ago for a little while. When I met her, they had been tripping for days and it turns out she was bipolar and deep into a manic episode. She was really intense to be around, she kept talking about her work and her bosses, and slowly over the course of the night, I came to find out that she fully believed that she was an agent for extraterrestrials who were coming in 3 months to take away all the worthy people from Earth and bring them to a paradise world. Her job, she thought, was to put green dots on the foreheads of worthy people and red dots on the foreheads of unworthy people. She believed this with 100% certainty. Being around her made me feel so intense, it was exhausting. Like a week later she really went off the deep end and at the peak of it tried to yank the wheel of the car while he was driving on the highway to roll it and kill them, so they could "ascend to the next dimension". He ended up taking her to her mom's house, telling her mom about it secretly, and sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night and then he changed his phone number and getting off of social media because he was afraid of her being able to come find him.

The real important question here is were you a red dot or green dot guy?

-GC

I’m a purple dot guy. I can confirm you get needlepoint from recrystallization of eggshell/white-fluff. It makes long needle crystals when its that pure.

You just gotta love these crazy girls...
Sex, drug binges and delusions is the best combo imo.

You just need to know when to get out before its to late lol.
Make sure you dont get anyone pregnant or sumthing.
I usually make up something about My dark past while looking intensly in the sky.
The best part about insane delusional people is that they are quite easy to sell a good story to..
I have taken out my tarot deck many times just doing My best Crowley imitation and had a blast.
Just pull a few cards and say some weird shit that makes sense in their madness.

Well, the aliens are here and always have been here, but they are not, in any of the anecdotal evidence I've seen, much inclined to Jehova's Witnesses type ideas of chosen or worthy people they are going to take. Some of them grab and eat people from time to time, nicer ones drop in for pancake breakfasts and a bit of a chin wag or a scolding about how bad we humans are. Anyway, Maybe she was being messed around with by MKULTRA, but a more likely explanation, yeah just bipolar.

By the way, Xorkoth, your account of your first delvings into ETH-LAD, on which you were tripping while rock hopping along some kind of creek or small river is one of my favorite trip reports on the one substance I would definitely like to break my 30 year+ acid abstinence and try. That and ALD and AL-LAD and some tryptamines, wow it is remarkable what new things have emerged lately and make come out of psychedelic retirement sound worthwhile. I really wish I could investigate them, but we have the death penalty in this country for possession of LSD, though it always gets downgraded to 30 years in prison, but the prisons are so horrific, you'd be better off getting the death penalty, so I am not even going to test them and risk it with analogs, they no doubt could care less what it is actually, LSD with some other atoms tacked on, I'm sure AL-LAD and ETH-LAD and the like are good enough to string you up for for these guys. Anyway, I wanted to ask if you ever did more ETH-LAD, did you take a higher dose than you did in that report, did you revise your glowing appraisal of ETH-LAD more recently or anything else? I am slowly reading through the Big Dandy ETH-LAD thread great reading at times, I'm half way through it, get a slight contact buzz reading it too sometimes, but maybe you sound off about more ETH-LAD trips you've taken later than the halfway point in thread. If so, never mind I'll get to them.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. :) I haven't taken a full dose of ETH-LAD again for some reason. Not sure why. I suspect I would have a much stronger trip on 300ug now than I did then, because back then I was still working through my weird natural tolerance to lysergamides. For the first 10 years of my tripping career, it was impossible for me to trip on LSD (didn't get the chance to try analogues as they hadn't made it to market yet). No matter how much I took, and no matter how hard other people were tripping from the same stuff at a third of the dose, I couldn't get anything more than subtle threshold effects. I finally broke through and properly tripped a year or so before my ETH-LAD trip and since then I keep getting more and more sensitive to them. Nowadays I can have a really nice trip off of 150ug of AL-LAD or as little as 60ug of LSD, so I'm guessing 100ug of ETH-LAD would be pretty strong for me now. Back then I only had the 2 hits (at the time, I got more), and wanted to make sure to get the most out of it. Probably these days 300ug would be much, much stronger than it was for me then.

The real important question here is were you a red dot or green dot guy?

-GC

I'm a green dot guy, lol.

Right, yes you had that high tolerance thing. Well, I'm sure you'll give us a write up when you finally do feel its time to dissolve into the ETHers so to speak. I depend on this forum and Erowid trip reports to vicariously trip, not possible for me to actually trip for reasons I mentioned earlier in this thread, apart from psilocybe which grows naturally on the cow poop we fertilize our corn and vegetable garden with. I'm not really interested in mushrooms anymore, I explored those quite enough decades ago, tho the species that grow here are Panaeolus cyans, which I never had a chance to eat back in the day. I've tried the ones that grow in the garden 4 times and either I let them sit around too long drying in a room that was prone to get very hot and their potency totally waned or I too have some bizarre tolerance as I only once had any effects which were light and gave me a feel good time, but not a deep experience I'm used to and used to tend towards with upper medium, lower high range doses, 3-5 grams dry weight of yer standard cubes you'd buy from your friendly neighborhood Johnny Sporeprintseed.

I agree with you completely Ismene. The different "brands" of LSD are all just based on marketing and the placebo effect, and dealers hyping up their LSD so you will buy it from them and not someone else. It has been this way for over 55 years.

I agree with you completely Ismene. The different "brands" of LSD are all just based on marketing and the placebo effect, and dealers hyping up their LSD so you will buy it from them and not someone else. It has been this way for over 55 years.

And you base your opinion om what exactly??

Placebo could be having a preconceived notion, but it could also be invoked by things like the taste of the drink. One may dislike vodka because of its burning feel and associate it and its consumption with a lower mood.

It's not that i'm adamantly convinced, but i'm really skeptical of the idea that the alcohol drug effect is significantly modulated by other various compounds many of which probably exist in some foods as well and have negligible psychopharmacology. Placebo just seems way more likely, all things considered.

Decades of taking LSD, among other things.

So how do you explain why there are different crystal that the same vendor has?

I dont know if its permited to give prices here.
But the same source has offered att least 3 different quality in crystal form (1g or more)
And the price difference is about 20% from the cheapest to the most expensive.

If they wanted they could just sell everything as needlepoint and make alot more money.