View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides "Needlepoint" LSD and other bollocks

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Has anyone experimented with the "needlepoint" or whatever the name is for the "really pure" LSD? Presumably it's just a marketing trick so they can sell blotter for a fiver each instead of a quid each. LSD has a molecular structure - if the atoms are arranged in the right sequence in the lattice then it's LSD. It can't get any more "Pure" - the atoms are either in the correct position (LSD) or are they arn't (Not LSD)

Is it just people confusing LSD with a powder drug like heroin that you can simply cut with any other powder?

Last edited:
LSD can have different purity levels just like any other drug.
Needlepoint is slang for the most pure, presumably because of the way it looks before it’s laid on blotter.
I’ve tried what was sold as needlepoint, it was like any other good acid I’ve had. I also had acid that felt “dirty” without the clear headed trip good acid provides along with muscle cramps.

Why do you think lsd can have different purities delsyd? How can you cut it?

Ive had "clean" and "dirty" trips from acid on the same blotter sheet - I think you tend to have a "dirty" trip when you havnt hoovered for 3 months and you've thrown a pair of your shitten underpants under the settee..with big, thick, tramline fucking skidmarks across them. Even if you try not to think about them it still affects the trip.

Take the same blotter beside a mountain stream and you have a clean trip.

Last edited:
While I do think LSD batches can vary, often when someone claims it’s “needlepoint” or whatever it’s bullshit. I’ve noticed though blotter that’s ever so slightly discolored is rougher on come up than blotter that’s white as the day it was born. I get all white on white so I can see the occasional batch being slightly discolored compared to the rest. Also trips on that type of dose is less likely to get as deep as some other stuff, but very subtle differences that even seasoned users have a hard time finding.

-GC

I get really stumped by this question. I have a fair stock of 10 different types of blotter acid from maybe 8 different vendors in 3 different countries. Some advertised as a specific purity, some as needlepoint and some as fluff all with varying dosages.

I can’t really differentiate between any of them. They all test positive to reagents and they all provide good trips. But the character of the trip varies wildly on a bunch of factors - particularly ‘set’ which I never try to optimise and ‘setting’ which is too often just my bedroom or loungeroom and tolerance.

What is clear though is that you can get wildly different trips from the same sheet / product. So this week’s needlepoint trip might not be as rewarding as last week’s fluff trip.

I have read that, as with all crystals, there can be impurities trapped in the crystal lattice of LSD and these are hypothesised to potentially influence the experience. But to my knowledge this has not been proven.

But it is these impurities trapped in an irregular crystal structure that reduce the % purity of LSD. The crystal is not perfectly formed and is actually multiple crystals bonded together with crap in the gaps/borders.

I've had "dirty" acid as @Delsyd describes a few times, but other than that I cannot really differentiate between any two tabs other than the dose

I get really stumped by this question. I have a fair stock of 10 different types of blotter acid from maybe 8 different vendors in 3 different countries. Some advertised as a specific purity, some as needlepoint and some as fluff all with varying dosages.

I can’t really differentiate between any of them. They all test positive to reagents and they all provide good trips. But the character of the trip varies wildly on a bunch of factors - particularly ‘set’ which I never try to optimise and ‘setting’ which is too often just my bedroom or loungeroom and tolerance.

What is clear though is that you can get wildly different trips from the same sheet / product. So this week’s needlepoint trip might not be as rewarding as last week’s fluff trip.

I have read that, as with all crystals, there can be impurities trapped in the crystal lattice of LSD and these are hypothesised to potentially influence the experience. But to my knowledge this has not been proven.

But it is these impurities trapped in an irregular crystal structure that reduce the % purity of LSD. The crystal is not perfectly formed and is actually multiple crystals bonded together with crap in the gaps/borders.

Polymorphism has been proven to effect drug pharmacology/kinetics but just no such research surrounding LSD. To be fair much of the reasons why polymorphs do what they do is a mystery.

Problem comes from the fact very few people have seen a sizable quantity of pure LSD up close to even begin making such distinctions.

-GC

While I do not know anything at all when it comes to the legitimacy of LSD “purity” affecting the trip, I can say I’ve had blotter that has consistently given me the named “dirty” trips( muscle tightness, near vasoconstriction, noticeable change in heartbeat) while I’ve had other blotter that has never had these side effects even when not waiting anywhere the proper 2 weeks for tolerance reset. That being said I’ve also had blotter from two different sources that’s the same ug (supposedly, and these are not obtained from street dealers), that both tested positive as clean LSD-25, which have distinctly different trip “characteristics” (compared within the same setting, also friends telling me certain blotter was much better than others) again, this could just be explained by the tabs being different doses. I know this is all anecdotal, but this topic really interests me and I figured I’d give my two cents.

Has anyone experimented with the "needlepoint" or whatever the name is for the "really pure" LSD? Presumably it's just a marketing trick so they can sell blotter for a fiver each instead of a quid each. LSD has a molecular structure - if the atoms are arranged in the right sequence in the lattice then it's LSD. It can't get any more "Pure" - the atoms are either in the correct position (LSD) or are they arn't (Not LSD)

Is it just people confusing LSD with a powder drug like heroin that you can simply cut with any other powder?

Its a real thing, but i guess only people att a certain level of lsd trade can confirm.
There a def different crystals sold att various prices depending on purity.

And yes you can actually confirm the purity by sending a blotter to be tested nowadays.
Although even the purest acid can degrade over time.

+99,6% is called needlepoint if im not remembering wrong.
And its about 20% more expensive then the cheapest quality called silver.
White fluff is something in between etc.

So here’s a good description cuz I had some rough dose that had a slight discoloration recently. It’s stronger than my average paper but the come up is so rough, for an hour or two I’ll be laid out feeling like I’m about to puke before I finally settle in.

And this wasn’t psychological cuz I didn’t actually notice the discoloration to the dose until after a couple rougher come ups on this particular batch when I then noticed how they looked compared to other batches of WoW.

Also while overall an enjoyable experience it didn’t quite get as deep, this matches other past experiences with what I’d consider to feel impure LSD. (I reagent test all my stuff from sources I’ve used for many years.)

Most of the dose I get though, feels very pure and often the same. Trips will obviously vary, but just that ease of body feel, the depth and clarity of it all, the type of dose where you can be balls deep and somehow still feel like everything is gonna be ok when all the sudden your talking to some cops or randoms you didn’t intend to be speaking to.

-GC

The needlepoint blotter from my neck of the woods is always fantastic and is coveted by the acid heads around here.

I agree with the posts that say it’s just good lsd.. and it is. Has been for years.

LSD can have different purity levels just like any other drug.
Needlepoint is slang for the most pure, presumably because of the way it looks before it’s laid on blotter.
I’ve tried what was sold as needlepoint, it was like any other good acid I’ve had. I also had acid that felt “dirty” without the clear headed trip good acid provides along with muscle cramps.
Any LSD can cause muscle cramps its listed as a side effect in numerous trials in the 50s.

Pure Sandoz LSD caused muscle cramps, in some people, some of the time. All the shit people think is dirty acid is a just a side effect. Its not like these side effects just started with illegal production in the mid 60s, every single side effect people attribute to "dirty" acid was noted in clinic trials long before an illicit batch was ever made. I suppose you could try claiming Sandoz acid was dirty, its fucking absurd, but mental gymnastics are required at this point. The people who took the sandoz vial a few years ago said it was indistinguishable from street LSD. So some illicit chemist (lets call him captain needlepoint) somewhere is making LSD better than Sandoz I guess?

The only way you got side effects from every hit in a batch is because you convinced yourself (and your friends) it was true. It won't stand up to blind testing. There is no print of LSD that everyone thinks is dirty either. Give me your dirty acid, I'll take it with no side effects. I don't get muscle cramps from LSD anymore, not because my sources are super but because its probably age related, or related to diet or something else. Last time was in the 90s. LSD hasn't changed, I have.

"From _Psychedelic Chemistry_ by M.V.Smith, 2nd edition p 5:

"There is a great deal of superstition regarding purification of psychedelics. Actually, any impurities which may be present as a result of synthetic procedures will almost certainly be without any effect on the trip. If there are 200 micrograms of LSD in a tablet, there could only be 200 mics of impurities present even if the LSD was originally only 50% pure (assuming nothing else has been added), and few compounds will produce a significant effect until a hundred to a thousand times this amount has been ingested.....
....LSD itself has some "body-kinks" on some people some times. Nausea is one of them. its usually mild and transient. It also has speedlike (ie, adrenergic stimulation) effects, etc.

(It is common for the uninformed to harbor fears (e.g., about adulterants) instilled by ignorance and the current hysteria/propoganda."

That's exactly it, all the shit you guys describe was fucking "strychnine" in my day. If you think worrying about dirty acid is bad imagine everyone saying the acid had rat poison in it, that's what I grew up on. We are still a bit in the dark ages, but on the way to enlightenment. Eventually.

So what impurity causes physical issues at the microgram level? No one seems to be able to answer that. ISO-LSD seems like an in active by product. What exactly is causing these problems?

There are actually cycles I've noticed, in the 70s people said lsd wasn't the same as it used to be (in the 60s), in the 80s it wasn't like it was in the 70s etc. Even Timothy Leary said LSD wasn't the same. He was wrong. LSD effects me differently today than it did in the 90s because I'm old now and my body is different, and the few hundred times i have taken it has caused changes in how i react to it, there is no other logical answer. This is interesting:

> In the 60s, it never seemed that certain characteristics were assigned to
> different batches. Acid was acid. Only when printed blotters really
> started taking off in the late 70s (replacing pills, microdots, windowpane,
> etc) did people start giving characteristics to blotter.

Needlepoint is simply a label online vendors use, there is no harm in it I guess, and if you think your acid is super pure you probably won't have side effects, since its mostly in your head. Its bullshit though.

Any LSD can cause muscle cramps its listed as a side effect in numerous trials in the 50s.

Pure Sandoz LSD caused muscle cramps, in some people, some of the time. All the shit people think is dirty acid is a just a side effect. Its not like these side effects just started with illegal production in the mid 60s, every single side effect people attribute to "dirty" acid was noted in clinic trials long before an illicit batch was ever made. I suppose you could try claiming Sandoz acid was dirty, its fucking absurd, but mental gymnastics are required at this point. The people who took the sandoz vial a few years ago said it was indistinguishable from street LSD. So some illicit chemist (lets call him captain needlepoint) somewhere is making LSD better than Sandoz I guess?

The only way you got side effects from every hit in a batch is because you convinced yourself (and your friends) it was true. It won't stand up to blind testing. There is no print of LSD that everyone thinks is dirty either. Give me your dirty acid, I'll take it with no side effects. I don't get muscle cramps from LSD anymore, not because my sources are super but because its probably age related, or related to diet or something else. Last time was in the 90s. LSD hasn't changed, I have.

"From _Psychedelic Chemistry_ by M.V.Smith, 2nd edition p 5:

"There is a great deal of superstition regarding purification of psychedelics. Actually, any impurities which may be present as a result of synthetic procedures will almost certainly be without any effect on the trip. If there are 200 micrograms of LSD in a tablet, there could only be 200 mics of impurities present even if the LSD was originally only 50% pure (assuming nothing else has been added), and few compounds will produce a significant effect until a hundred to a thousand times this amount has been ingested.....
....LSD itself has some "body-kinks" on some people some times. Nausea is one of them. its usually mild and transient. It also has speedlike (ie, adrenergic stimulation) effects, etc.

(It is common for the uninformed to harbor fears (e.g., about adulterants) instilled by ignorance and the current hysteria/propoganda."

That's exactly it, all the shit you guys describe was fucking "strychnine" in my day. If you think worrying about dirty acid is bad imagine everyone saying the acid had rat poison in it, that's what I grew up on. We are still a bit in the dark ages, but on the way to enlightenment. Eventually.

So what impurity causes physical issues at the microgram level? No one seems to be able to answer that. ISO-LSD seems like an in active by product. What exactly is causing these problems?

There are actually cycles I've noticed, in the 70s people said lsd wasn't the same as it used to be (in the 60s), in the 80s it wasn't like it was in the 70s etc. Even Timothy Leary said LSD wasn't the same. He was wrong. LSD effects me differently today than it did in the 90s because I'm old now and my body is different, and the few hundred times i have taken it has caused changes in how i react to it, there is no other logical answer. This is interesting:

> In the 60s, it never seemed that certain characteristics were assigned to
> different batches. Acid was acid. Only when printed blotters really
> started taking off in the late 70s (replacing pills, microdots, windowpane,
> etc) did people start giving characteristics to blotter.

Needlepoint is simply a label online vendors use, there is no harm in it I guess, and if you think your acid is super pure you probably won't have side effects, since its mostly in your head. Its bullshit though.

Everything you’ve just quoted is decades old information. That’s been refuted many times in too many other older threads that it’s no point rehashing it here. Try finding something from the last 20yrs maybe?

In the last 20yrs we’ve discovered that polymorphs have an effect. Back then they didn’t know crystal lattice formations had an effect on the experience itself. We are just now in the past 5yrs even beginning to grasp what it all even means.

Back then they didn’t have as many ultra pure chemicals as today, as you can see in your quoted material they seem to have this misguided belief that only LSD holds potency needed to give effects. They did zero testing of the synergy between the impurities and LSD. We since now know that there can be interactions.

Great example, CBD and NMT. Both substances once thought to be pretty much inactive. But we see when combined with THC and DMT respectively there is major interactions which take place that can alter the experience.

In the end, any word on what crystal your LSD is is likely BS. And people are gonna believe what they want to believe on the purity topic.

-GC

Everything you’ve just quoted is decades old information. That’s been refuted many times in too many other older threads that it’s no point rehashing it here. Try finding something from the last 20yrs maybe?

In the last 20yrs we’ve discovered that polymorphs have an effect. Back then they didn’t know crystal lattice formations had an effect on the experience itself. We are just now in the past 5yrs even beginning to grasp what it all even means.

Back then they didn’t have as many ultra pure chemicals as today, as you can see in your quoted material they seem to have this misguided belief that only LSD holds potency needed to give effects. They did zero testing of the synergy between the impurities and LSD. We since now know that there can be interactions.

Great example, CBD and NMT. Both substances once thought to be pretty much inactive. But we see when combined with THC and DMT respectively there is major interactions which take place that can alter the experience.

In the end, any word on what crystal your LSD is is likely BS. And people are gonna believe what they want to believe on the purity topic.

-GC
Shilajit is something else too man I swear.

What a potentiator. Especially acid, and kava.

I took some last Saturday on a milligram acid trip and silly amount weed vaped overnight.

The shilajit turned the milligram into 2 +.

Then after a strong glass of kava, I saw a particular potentiation between shilajit and Kavalactones.

Shilajit over LSD was like MDA in ways. Immediate notice. Profound effect, deeper headspace and visuals came alive.

I drank the kava, first in a day after a break,

I know what kava over high dose acid and weed feels like.

This was a novel experience. Kava has never worked that way before.

The trip came alive, total geographical and contextual displacement- I was in my room. My mum next room. She knew I was on hella lotta trips but suddenly, the Kava swept me up like veterinary ketamine.

Except it was bizarre. I KNEW I was sat in my room, time of day, name, everything.

At same time, my surrounding environment was a bright, flowing river, all sorts of places.

Real electrical neon life. But I was fully present minded while on such a new type of so clean a trip to me.

Shilajit potentiates everything. It's some interesting stuff.

LSD & Cannabis & Shilajit & Kava is pretty magical.

Its true that all the effects people say are caused by "dirty" acid are also caused by clean acid tho. All the shit about "cramps" or "my arsehole itched" - thats not dirty acid thats just what acid can do in certain people.

I remember Owlsey made a batch then used 2 different dyes on the tablets/blotters. Sure enough he got reports back saying "the green acid has strychnine but the red is righteously mellow"

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with the op and the other posters, at the end of the day, for all practical purposes whether you have dogcrap or needlepoint or amber or silver or black, you have to wonder does it make that much difference, especially if you have few other options. What a dealer tells you is just going to be marketing boolscheet, needlepoint LSD and the like, its easy to be cynical and laugh off such claims, as it surely doesn't matter to most producers or dealers, most of them are not LSD religionists or not primarily anyway and are not in it to spread the good trips out of the kindness of their hearts, though they are kind enough if it does do the trick, I think even providing us with what they provide us is often a godsend, but its easier just to say its needlepoint and sell it as that for double the price and most people will hardly be the wiser so why bother and they'll get off so they'll feel they got their money's worth anyway, what more do you want? Perhaps you could even say you've done people a favor by telling them it was 99% pure needlepoint when in fact it was good enough 70% pure amber crystal and bestowed the blessing of a placebo effect with the white lie about the blotter being laid from needlepoint.

But I think the whole thing about, what the hell have you got under your tongue anyway has a lot of levels and is pretty interesting to consider, if not also, at times, damn annoying and adding to the perplexity and already uncertain set of circumstances you are putting your self into dropping acid in the first place. Though maybe thats why we do it! Its a hell of a thrill, or it should be. Who the hell wants a present if you know already what it is, well OK if you are going to buy me a brand new 2021 Dodge Demon I certainly am not going to be unhappy with that if I know ahead of time thats what you are getting me it also comes with a lifetime supply of free gasoline. Gas guzzlers they are. LSD give us our presents and new ones all the time and likes to give you a sock full of coal from time to time or nothing at all as has happened to me a few times when there seemed to be negligible effect from some blotter or other consumed. I laugh at the situation now when I confronted a dealer about not getting off and asked for a refund, "Oh you didn't trip off of it, eh? You idiot! Look! Ya know, some people they take acid and all that happens they say is that they see little fuckin squiggly lines and after that it just made them throw up or have a heat stroke or something they want their damn money back! But thats just how it is! Thats just what is acid is about! Some people just pass out! Nothing happens for them, they can't deal with it. Thats not my problem! If passing out is not tripping to you that just your opinion! Look I don;t know what your problem is man but you want your fuckin money back, do ya? OK, I'll tell you what, I'll give it back to ya! How many times have you taken acid anyway, once?! OK rookie! You're an idiot, here's your 5 bucks back, get off my lawn and don't come back! Moron!" Hilarious, I still was clueless, why I really didn't have anything at all happen. It was terrible sitting there after school alone at my desk in my room just staring at the blank white wall for 2 hours and nothing. It has happened to me with mushrooms. Its like taking what they call a ghost shit, you felt it, heard it and smelt and when you got up to flush there was nothing there. Your toilet is like the fucking Bermuda Triangle and shit, that shit just disappeared off the face of the earth. You shove a stick down the toilet hole to probe that shit and see if you can scrape some of it off...nothing. Its just not fucking there in the toilet. You take acid and Rod Serling rang the doorbell and said, "Imagine one day...you dropped about 300 mikes...and nothing happened. (Twilight zone theme song). You've just entered...the Twilight Zone."

Seriously though, I just happened to be looking over isomer structures and names of isomers of all the various lysergimides, and I think it was Shulgin who mentions the activity and presence of isomers or other "impurities" as being present in less purified products of the LSD making process. I am by no means a chemist or even any good at science or math, but I do find the molecular structure diagrams of all of these psychoactive compounds interesting in the way I find looking at all the different species of plants or animals is. They have cool shapes and forms and behavior and habitats and habits etc. Molecular structures are like constellations which while initially are very dry I find develop a kind mesmerizing allure, the configurations of stars their colors, distances from us, masses and brightnesses and now we know vaguely what kind of planets some of them have, the mythology connected to constellations etc and the different mythologies from culture to culture, Orion is a dog in Southeast Asia he doesn't have dogs as he does in the west, or he is a major god in Egypt as Osiris not just a minor and hapless titan who gets torn to pieces by his own hunting dogs. And so these days I've started to get drawn in by the star like configurations of these isomer and analog molecules, particularly since they may have an effect on mind these different configurations of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen. Or given that you can tack just a few atoms onto the LSD molecule and have a compound like AL-LAD or ETH-LAD that most agree are quite different in their effects while other variations on LSD-25 like 1p-LSD do not seem to vary so much, or so seems to be the consensus. But then its like a kind of reverse ghost shit, there shouldn't be anything there yet there is with acid, why is it so different when you take it, and how can you ever really say AL-LAD or ALD-52 is different from acid or that there is dirty acid and clean acid. Yet I think you can in the way that you can say you felt different drinking tequila one night and drinking whiskey another night. But perhaps that analogy doesn;t work, its puzzling.

As for active compounds in so-called dirty acid, considering that setting is anything that isn't the target compound and its target of action, perhaps we could be more constructive and think of active non-LSD "impurities" as a part of the setting and something to be arranged and rearranged and researched and investigated and tweaked and refined. Perhaps there are some desirable characteristics in 70% pure LSD that aren't in 99%. I don't know myself, I was always more of a mushroom man back in the day, I really don;t have that level of experience with acid. Yes, back in the day when I would take the occasional 6 times year tab of street acid, you never knew what you were getting as of course you do not now, its just part of the whole experience given that the manufacturing is unregulated and given the corruption and complete cynicism of our world today, you probably couldn't trust LSD makers in this day and age even if it were legal. Fancy a tab of Pfizer acid? Ha! You gotta be kidding. I remember trusting the guy I used to buy from, a guy at my high school he had a very wise and wizardly demeanor, he was the go-to dealer at school amongst us nerds and turds claimed his older brother was in with the acid illuminati up in the Bay Area, and he'd get his acid from Deadheads and we were all there in the scrum dumb smog mid-late 1970's suburban Los Angeles, little access to hippes or counter-culture at that time, though as an outsider you might object that Hollywood babylon was right there at your doorstep, no it wasn't, suburban Los Angeles may as well be in Illinois or Texas and you go to Hollywood and they know you're not one of them. Anyway, our dealer Gandalf, we'll call him, might say, in his kindly big brotherly way, "OK these purple microdots are all I got, sorry, but they're OK, they're cut with a bit of speed, so you don't want to take more than 2, alright? Its just not as good as it could be, I took a few the other night, so thats what I copped onto, you'll just be getting too much speed if you take more than 2. I'll have some blotter thats better next month when the Dead come back from tour." I, not being wise to speed at the time, still, I had read in Peter Stafford's Psychedelic Encyclopedia that LSD was really remarkable in that it took such a small amount to get tremendously altered, so I wondered, how much speed could there actually be in these teeny tiny little microdots? Is what Gandalf said right, or what? But then, sure enough, you felt as wired as you did trippy so you felt you wasnt sure what was going on with any of it. Little did I or my dealer know, it just didn't seem to be common knowledge at the time, but its just a pretty obvious characteristic of LSD's effect, that it can be quite stimulating on its own, like a type of speed. So that blindspot about the stimulant qualities of LSD always morphed into the rampant, at the time, Speedy acid, I think 5 years os so earlier it was like one poster here said strychnine acid. Maybe we had that one in my time, a bit but not as much as the speed-acid one. Speed wasn't as popular with everyone then too. I think by the 80's alot of people would be like, "Oh speed too eh? Well good! Thats sounds like a nice combo! But then amongst 16 year old nerds it was like, "That Dark Star acid's bunk man! it's just fuckin speed dood! All that happened to me when I took it is I ground my teeth, peed my pants, and I had to get off somehow so I humped this big fat lady's leg on the RTD bus when we were smashed in together when everyone's getting off work and stuff got off on that more than your dealer's bunk acid man! That shit is bullshit man!"

Sorry, long folklorist digression there. Let me continue my point regarding perhaps re-thinking "impure" acid:

Basically it is that:

1. Isomers are present and they may be valuable as part of the effect: You have all of these isomers of LSD or LSD analogs which may or may not be part of what constitute impurities, depends on your lab technique I suppose and also I have close to zero knowledge or training in chemistry so I just simply don't know. I think very few have any idea of what activity and or effect isomers have on their own or on the main psychoactive and on each other as they in combination modulate the main dish as it were. The isomers are for me a pet and developing obsession, an interesting other side of things, the ergo-loids, which could I suppose be thought of as being of a different class from analogs if they aren't already and which themselves have whole groups of isomers that one also wonders about , "How would these effect one upon ingestion?" Is what I wonder as though I were gazing once again in awe at the constellation of Gemini and the 9 star system that appears as a single star to us called Pollux. But, there are 11 isomers of LSD-25, (an isomer of a compound, as I understand it, being the same element components but simply a re-structuring) such as N,Butyllysergamide, et al they are listed and gone into on the fascinating Thikal website:

Also an interesting article I stumbled onto along these lines regarding ergoloids and speculation that much of what we are told by our chemists and dealers as being LSD-25 may indeed be decently active other kinds of ergoloids from LSD-25:

Other LSD analogs of course have isomers too. On the isomer design site ALD-52 is listed as having 3 somers, Al-LAD 11, ETH-LAD 9, 1-CP-LSD 5, etc. You wonder what effects if any these might have. If I were a chemist in a kinder time, I no doubt would be on it cooking that stuff up and trying like old Professor Shulgin.

2. Other non-active components in less purified acid may also modulate the effect: I think there is a lot of nonsense in the notion or assumption that pure is better, that pure LSD-25 is the only thing we ought to be ingesting in an ideal world or that the lens of science is ever very good at identifying what anything is actually. I question the notion that you can really ever pinpoint LSD 25 or anything for that matter. Things are also what they are not and what they are in interaction with. Take the other things away and things just aren't what they were. "Acid in the 60's! Yeah that was it man! Its nevr been the same!" No it hasn't nor has acid today on Saturday been what it was Wednesday two weeks ago. Or A clear example of perhaps the haste with which you have to run off and declare you have discovered something in order to keep your research or your university job, or marketing and profit motives warping science would be the way you used to hear that through research we have isolated all of the components of what makes sound what it is and based on that knowledge we have created the electronic synthesizer which can be programmed to sound like anything you want it to given you have a good enough equipment. In reality no, sorry, it never sounds like anything but a synthesizer, no matter how top of the line and flexible the synthesizer is, as close as you come to mimicking regular non-electronically produced sounds you only have a synthsizer that sounds a lot like an electric guitar or the wind or a flute but if you listen carefully it ain't the sound of those things. Even the actual sound of those things aren't those things, they are the sound of those things via the media they were recorded with, the equipment they are re-played through etc. By the same token needlepoint acid isn't that, its at best needlepoint acid on the paper it was laid on and thats just the start and I think acid is so sensitive so Zen that its effect is affected by everything, even the astrological configuration of the planets as they were when a particular batch was synthesized (yes, there is a quantum solar system field or scalar phsyics field something like that (yes I know I am half talking out of my ass, it just an intuition) that is effected by where the planets are, which disrupt and modify the resonance of that field as created by the magnetic interactions of the planest with the sun and each other which shifts according to where the planets are) the state of mind of the person or people making the acid. I don;t know maybe these are what they call quantum level effects, where mind effects matter and mind etc. And it doesn't seem implausible, I know that the effects of mantra can be very concrete and powerful, you could change the effect acid has with mantra.

Or on a more down to earth level, the way different kinds of alcohol do indeed all get you buzzed, drunk if you like, but their effects are clearly not the same. Alcohol from grapes doesn't effect you in any way like alcohol from grain or potatoes. I drink vodka and I go to sleep. Drink beer and I'm up all night ranting. Drink wine and I go into almost profound reveries or too much and who knows, its like acid really, you might go out screaming at people or decide to sit there on the sidewalk and feel sorry for yourself. Its rather too bad there isn't more interest in that, why and how wine is different in its effect from beer and whiskey, or even how different wines can effect you differently especially red wines versus white wines. I guess its all forbotten, taboo, at least in America where you aren't allowed to say you drink to get drunk or get buzzed, that its nothing more than a kind of food else you get an entire Prebstetyrian congregation and Alcoholics Anonymous lobbying to have child protection services come and snatch up your kids because you're a gasp...alcoholic. Well, maybe thats a bit hyperbolic, but having lived in many countries over the years I am struck by how free and tolerant the U.S. is on many social levels, people are much more forgiving of character difference, flaws than are Asians or Europeans, who often look down on our friendly and open nature as just stupid. But regarding alcohol the US is the worst kind of nanny society, lorded over by the AA Taliban. Its nice to be able to go out and do a bit of heavy drinking now and again and be able to admit it and be in good company as you are in many countries, most of them I would argue. But again I digress. Why not look at the compounds of both actives and non-actives that occur with LSD as being what might make up a varietal. The LSD being like the ethanol which no one would want to drink or few anyway. I suppose we don't get into that because it just is so inaccessible and because we just cannot trust anyone who makes acid to do it for us without guffawing and saying oh come on don;t give me your marketers crap juts give me my acid! Rather a shame you can't home brew acid, or very few of us can, practically nobody even if you are a brilliant chemist, you just don;t even have a way to get the chemicals needed as I understand it, even the chems you need are banned and they'll arrest on suspicion if you order other things that are available. Oh well. Just have to become a breatharian and say mantra over your tabs to do experiments then I guess. Or just take up a tequila tasting hobby.

OK, well, maybe thats long enough for now to get myself flamed, cursed and banned into oblivion, heheh. Sorry, if lengthy posts offend, I'm just a lonely old man with no one to talk to I suppose, so when I do talk I just jabber interminably.

If you have ever handled xtal and made liquid solution then you will know.

Its the only way to know the true potency and dosage of your end product.

Even though White fluff and needlepoint should only be around 4-5% difference the potency is quite higher on the needlepoint.

Ive made 110ug per drop of both and everyone thinks the needlepoint is way stronger and just has a better vibe to it.
At higher doses you get less confused and actually feel smarter.

The only other explantion is that they cut the non needlepoint Crystal with some inert material.
But i have a hard time beleiving it myself.

But from what ive heard from higher ups is that its alot of work cleaning up crude lsd.
There will be waste so most just sell a somewhat clean product instead of washing it all.

Maybe some sell like 50% in silver quality and make White fluff and needlepoint for the more picky clients.

Im guessing a lsd lab with precursors and chemists is a multi million dollar operation or close.
Just the money to bribe/smuggle enough lysergic acid must be hell of a project.

Then making, storing spreading that stuff takes time.
So if someone gets into production they probably need to make at least a few million doses to just break even in the end.

Yeah, I agree with the op and the other posters, at the end of the day, for all practical purposes whether you have dogcrap or needlepoint or amber or silver or black, you have to wonder does it make that much difference, especially if you have few other options. What a dealer tells you is just going to be marketing boolscheet, needlepoint LSD and the like, its easy to be cynical and laugh off such claims, as it surely doesn't matter to most producers or dealers, most of them are not LSD religionists or not primarily anyway and are not in it to spread the good trips out of the kindness of their hearts, though they are kind enough if it does do the trick, I think even providing us with what they provide us is often a godsend, but its easier just to say its needlepoint and sell it as that for double the price and most people will hardly be the wiser so why bother and they'll get off so they'll feel they got their money's worth anyway, what more do you want? Perhaps you could even say you've done people a favor by telling them it was 99% pure needlepoint when in fact it was good enough 70% pure amber crystal and bestowed the blessing of a placebo effect with the white lie about the blotter being laid from needlepoint.

But I think the whole thing about, what the hell have you got under your tongue anyway has a lot of levels and is pretty interesting to consider, if not also, at times, damn annoying and adding to the perplexity and already uncertain set of circumstances you are putting your self into dropping acid in the first place. Though maybe thats why we do it! Its a hell of a thrill, or it should be. Who the hell wants a present if you know already what it is, well OK if you are going to buy me a brand new 2021 Dodge Demon I certainly am not going to be unhappy with that if I know ahead of time thats what you are getting me it also comes with a lifetime supply of free gasoline. Gas guzzlers they are. LSD give us our presents and new ones all the time and likes to give you a sock full of coal from time to time or nothing at all as has happened to me a few times when there seemed to be negligible effect from some blotter or other consumed. I laugh at the situation now when I confronted a dealer about not getting off and asked for a refund, "Oh you didn't trip off of it, eh? You idiot! Look! Ya know, some people they take acid and all that happens they say is that they see little fuckin squiggly lines and after that it just made them throw up or have a heat stroke or something they want their damn money back! But thats just how it is! Thats just what is acid is about! Some people just pass out! Nothing happens for them, they can't deal with it. Thats not my problem! If passing out is not tripping to you that just your opinion! Look I don;t know what your problem is man but you want your fuckin money back, do ya? OK, I'll tell you what, I'll give it back to ya! How many times have you taken acid anyway, once?! OK rookie! You're an idiot, here's your 5 bucks back, get off my lawn and don't come back! Moron!" Hilarious, I still was clueless, why I really didn't have anything at all happen. It was terrible sitting there after school alone at my desk in my room just staring at the blank white wall for 2 hours and nothing. It has happened to me with mushrooms. Its like taking what they call a ghost shit, you felt it, heard it and smelt and when you got up to flush there was nothing there. Your toilet is like the fucking Bermuda Triangle and shit, that shit just disappeared off the face of the earth. You shove a stick down the toilet hole to probe that shit and see if you can scrape some of it off...nothing. Its just not fucking there in the toilet. You take acid and Rod Serling rang the doorbell and said, "Imagine one day...you dropped about 300 mikes...and nothing happened. (Twilight zone theme song). You've just entered...the Twilight Zone."

Seriously though, I just happened to be looking over isomer structures and names of isomers of all the various lysergimides, and I think it was Shulgin who mentions the activity and presence of isomers or other "impurities" as being present in less purified products of the LSD making process. I am by no means a chemist or even any good at science or math, but I do find the molecular structure diagrams of all of these psychoactive compounds interesting in the way I find looking at all the different species of plants or animals is. They have cool shapes and forms and behavior and habitats and habits etc. Molecular structures are like constellations which while initially are very dry I find develop a kind mesmerizing allure, the configurations of stars their colors, distances from us, masses and brightnesses and now we know vaguely what kind of planets some of them have, the mythology connected to constellations etc and the different mythologies from culture to culture, Orion is a dog in Southeast Asia he doesn't have dogs as he does in the west, or he is a major god in Egypt as Osiris not just a minor and hapless titan who gets torn to pieces by his own hunting dogs. And so these days I've started to get drawn in by the star like configurations of these isomer and analog molecules, particularly since they may have an effect on mind these different configurations of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen. Or given that you can tack just a few atoms onto the LSD molecule and have a compound like AL-LAD or ETH-LAD that most agree are quite different in their effects while other variations on LSD-25 like 1p-LSD do not seem to vary so much, or so seems to be the consensus. But then its like a kind of reverse ghost shit, there shouldn't be anything there yet there is with acid, why is it so different when you take it, and how can you ever really say AL-LAD or ALD-52 is different from acid or that there is dirty acid and clean acid. Yet I think you can in the way that you can say you felt different drinking tequila one night and drinking whiskey another night. But perhaps that analogy doesn;t work, its puzzling.

As for active compounds in so-called dirty acid, considering that setting is anything that isn't the target compound and its target of action, perhaps we could be more constructive and think of active non-LSD "impurities" as a part of the setting and something to be arranged and rearranged and researched and investigated and tweaked and refined. Perhaps there are some desirable characteristics in 70% pure LSD that aren't in 99%. I don't know myself, I was always more of a mushroom man back in the day, I really don;t have that level of experience with acid. Yes, back in the day when I would take the occasional 6 times year tab of street acid, you never knew what you were getting as of course you do not now, its just part of the whole experience given that the manufacturing is unregulated and given the corruption and complete cynicism of our world today, you probably couldn't trust LSD makers in this day and age even if it were legal. Fancy a tab of Pfizer acid? Ha! You gotta be kidding. I remember trusting the guy I used to buy from, a guy at my high school he had a very wise and wizardly demeanor, he was the go-to dealer at school amongst us nerds and turds claimed his older brother was in with the acid illuminati up in the Bay Area, and he'd get his acid from Deadheads and we were all there in the scrum dumb smog mid-late 1970's suburban Los Angeles, little access to hippes or counter-culture at that time, though as an outsider you might object that Hollywood babylon was right there at your doorstep, no it wasn't, suburban Los Angeles may as well be in Illinois or Texas and you go to Hollywood and they know you're not one of them. Anyway, our dealer Gandalf, we'll call him, might say, in his kindly big brotherly way, "OK these purple microdots are all I got, sorry, but they're OK, they're cut with a bit of speed, so you don't want to take more than 2, alright? Its just not as good as it could be, I took a few the other night, so thats what I copped onto, you'll just be getting too much speed if you take more than 2. I'll have some blotter thats better next month when the Dead come back from tour." I, not being wise to speed at the time, still, I had read in Peter Stafford's Psychedelic Encyclopedia that LSD was really remarkable in that it took such a small amount to get tremendously altered, so I wondered, how much speed could there actually be in these teeny tiny little microdots? Is what Gandalf said right, or what? But then, sure enough, you felt as wired as you did trippy so you felt you wasnt sure what was going on with any of it. Little did I or my dealer know, it just didn't seem to be common knowledge at the time, but its just a pretty obvious characteristic of LSD's effect, that it can be quite stimulating on its own, like a type of speed. So that blindspot about the stimulant qualities of LSD always morphed into the rampant, at the time, Speedy acid, I think 5 years os so earlier it was like one poster here said strychnine acid. Maybe we had that one in my time, a bit but not as much as the speed-acid one. Speed wasn't as popular with everyone then too. I think by the 80's alot of people would be like, "Oh speed too eh? Well good! Thats sounds like a nice combo! But then amongst 16 year old nerds it was like, "That Dark Star acid's bunk man! it's just fuckin speed dood! All that happened to me when I took it is I ground my teeth, peed my pants, and I had to get off somehow so I humped this big fat lady's leg on the RTD bus when we were smashed in together when everyone's getting off work and stuff got off on that more than your dealer's bunk acid man! That shit is bullshit man!"

Sorry, long folklorist digression there. Let me continue my point regarding perhaps re-thinking "impure" acid:

Basically it is that:

1. Isomers are present and they may be valuable as part of the effect: You have all of these isomers of LSD or LSD analogs which may or may not be part of what constitute impurities, depends on your lab technique I suppose and also I have close to zero knowledge or training in chemistry so I just simply don't know. I think very few have any idea of what activity and or effect isomers have on their own or on the main psychoactive and on each other as they in combination modulate the main dish as it were. The isomers are for me a pet and developing obsession, an interesting other side of things, the ergo-loids, which could I suppose be thought of as being of a different class from analogs if they aren't already and which themselves have whole groups of isomers that one also wonders about , "How would these effect one upon ingestion?" Is what I wonder as though I were gazing once again in awe at the constellation of Gemini and the 9 star system that appears as a single star to us called Pollux. But, there are 11 isomers of LSD-25, (an isomer of a compound, as I understand it, being the same element components but simply a re-structuring) such as N,Butyllysergamide, et al they are listed and gone into on the fascinating Thikal website:

Also an interesting article I stumbled onto along these lines regarding ergoloids and speculation that much of what we are told by our chemists and dealers as being LSD-25 may indeed be decently active other kinds of ergoloids from LSD-25:

Other LSD analogs of course have isomers too. On the isomer design site ALD-52 is listed as having 3 somers, Al-LAD 11, ETH-LAD 9, 1-CP-LSD 5, etc. You wonder what effects if any these might have. If I were a chemist in a kinder time, I no doubt would be on it cooking that stuff up and trying like old Professor Shulgin.

2. Other non-active components in less purified acid may also modulate the effect: I think there is a lot of nonsense in the notion or assumption that pure is better, that pure LSD-25 is the only thing we ought to be ingesting in an ideal world or that the lens of science is ever very good at identifying what anything is actually. I question the notion that you can really ever pinpoint LSD 25 or anything for that matter. Things are also what they are not and what they are in interaction with. Take the other things away and things just aren't what they were. "Acid in the 60's! Yeah that was it man! Its nevr been the same!" No it hasn't nor has acid today on Saturday been what it was Wednesday two weeks ago. Or A clear example of perhaps the haste with which you have to run off and declare you have discovered something in order to keep your research or your university job, or marketing and profit motives warping science would be the way you used to hear that through research we have isolated all of the components of what makes sound what it is and based on that knowledge we have created the electronic synthesizer which can be programmed to sound like anything you want it to given you have a good enough equipment. In reality no, sorry, it never sounds like anything but a synthesizer, no matter how top of the line and flexible the synthesizer is, as close as you come to mimicking regular non-electronically produced sounds you only have a synthsizer that sounds a lot like an electric guitar or the wind or a flute but if you listen carefully it ain't the sound of those things. Even the actual sound of those things aren't those things, they are the sound of those things via the media they were recorded with, the equipment they are re-played through etc. By the same token needlepoint acid isn't that, its at best needlepoint acid on the paper it was laid on and thats just the start and I think acid is so sensitive so Zen that its effect is affected by everything, even the astrological configuration of the planets as they were when a particular batch was synthesized (yes, there is a quantum solar system field or scalar phsyics field something like that (yes I know I am half talking out of my ass, it just an intuition) that is effected by where the planets are, which disrupt and modify the resonance of that field as created by the magnetic interactions of the planest with the sun and each other which shifts according to where the planets are) the state of mind of the person or people making the acid. I don;t know maybe these are what they call quantum level effects, where mind effects matter and mind etc. And it doesn't seem implausible, I know that the effects of mantra can be very concrete and powerful, you could change the effect acid has with mantra.

Or on a more down to earth level, the way different kinds of alcohol do indeed all get you buzzed, drunk if you like, but their effects are clearly not the same. Alcohol from grapes doesn't effect you in any way like alcohol from grain or potatoes. I drink vodka and I go to sleep. Drink beer and I'm up all night ranting. Drink wine and I go into almost profound reveries or too much and who knows, its like acid really, you might go out screaming at people or decide to sit there on the sidewalk and feel sorry for yourself. Its rather too bad there isn't more interest in that, why and how wine is different in its effect from beer and whiskey, or even how different wines can effect you differently especially red wines versus white wines. I guess its all forbotten, taboo, at least in America where you aren't allowed to say you drink to get drunk or get buzzed, that its nothing more than a kind of food else you get an entire Prebstetyrian congregation and Alcoholics Anonymous lobbying to have child protection services come and snatch up your kids because you're a gasp...alcoholic. Well, maybe thats a bit hyperbolic, but having lived in many countries over the years I am struck by how free and tolerant the U.S. is on many social levels, people are much more forgiving of character difference, flaws than are Asians or Europeans, who often look down on our friendly and open nature as just stupid. But regarding alcohol the US is the worst kind of nanny society, lorded over by the AA Taliban. Its nice to be able to go out and do a bit of heavy drinking now and again and be able to admit it and be in good company as you are in many countries, most of them I would argue. But again I digress. Why not look at the compounds of both actives and non-actives that occur with LSD as being what might make up a varietal. The LSD being like the ethanol which no one would want to drink or few anyway. I suppose we don't get into that because it just is so inaccessible and because we just cannot trust anyone who makes acid to do it for us without guffawing and saying oh come on don;t give me your marketers crap juts give me my acid! Rather a shame you can't home brew acid, or very few of us can, practically nobody even if you are a brilliant chemist, you just don;t even have a way to get the chemicals needed as I understand it, even the chems you need are banned and they'll arrest on suspicion if you order other things that are available. Oh well. Just have to become a breatharian and say mantra over your tabs to do experiments then I guess. Or just take up a tequila tasting hobby.

OK, well, maybe thats long enough for now to get myself flamed, cursed and banned into oblivion, heheh. Sorry, if lengthy posts offend, I'm just a lonely old man with no one to talk to I suppose, so when I do talk I just jabber interminably.

Different alcohol drinks probably differ in subjective effects due to placebo. There have been studies demonstrating placebo drunkenness from non-alcoholic drinks claimed to contain alcohol. Placebo is powerful and must always be taken into account when analyzing things like this. Some people claim beer makes them tired and spirits get them going, opposite to your description...

There is research on for example hop compounds and their possible pharmacology, but that's tentative. Alcohol alone may produce all of the effects you mentioned for various drink types, just like LSD alone may produce psychedelia as well as nausea etc. The sound assumption is to boil most of these differences down to the power of placebo.