• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Need help transitioning away from methadone

Go down as low as possible. I jumped at 10mg last year and ended up relapsing on fent after a week with no sleep. As mentioned Clonidine, benzos and Pregabalin will help quite a bit.
Weed makes me more anxious when in withdrawal but everyone is different

I only ever take 25mg daily 30mg max

But I don’t like methadone I don’t like the effects it just stops withdrawals

I don’t want to stop using opioids I just want to lower my tolerance

My plan is to just drink the 10mg Methadone I poured for tomorrow and continue to do that for a week

Then I’m going to switch to 15mg Targin(OxyCodone) each day for another week

And then after that I hope my tolerance will be lowered and I’ll be able to enjoy 30-40mg Targin?

So it turns out the Methadone must have been building up in my body, not actually raising my tolerance. There for making the Naloxone in the Targin make the OxyCodone give me no euphoria

I’ve been completely off methadone since about the 10th and now I can really enjoy doses of about 50mg OxyCodone

It was hard because I didn’t know anyone to tell me what to do but it’s all good now
I know this is an old thread. I have had the same problems of running out of my oxycodone script early and using methadone that I had from old prescriptions to bridge the gap. Both times I tried it I successfully returned to oxycodone. The first time I used methadone for a week and only used 20-30mg a day. The second time I used it for 10 days and mostly used 10mg of methadone every 18 hours. Im coming off of this second time right now and after four days of taking my oxycodone script as directed - 10mg every 6hrs, so 4/day, 20mg messes me up. I still feel like there’s some methadone in my system as I’m hotter and sleepier than usual. However it’s improving. As much as this has helped me avoid the need to go thru withdrawal i dont think im going to try it again. The oxycodone shortages are real and scary. Ive been on high dose methadone in the past and getting off was hell. I think getting off of low dose methadone taken for a short time while being opiate dependent would be hell too. With oxycodone, wd is easy if i have 100mg lyrica and some clonidine on hand. It’s over in 4 days. But what happens if my pharmacy can’t get oxycodone? Then I’m screwed beyond belief. While I know I’d eventually get it, it would mean taking methadone for a longer period and I could def feel the diff between taking it for a week vs ten days. I’m close to normal after 4 days back on oxycodone, but if I had taken methadone a week longer it might have taken a week or two. I take oxycodone for headaches and the reason I took two today was because one and one and a half still didn’t do the job to kill the headache I had today but two did. The only viable use for methadone to stretch out a script is if you know you’re going to run out of your regular med early, take a few days of methadone here and there in the middle, while you have oxycodone to get you off of it. But doing it wo any oxycodone on hand is rolling the dice and potentially setting yourself up for really hard times. I have hundreds of left over methadone tablets from when I took it for pain but after doing this two months in a row I am strongly leaning towards disposing of them. I never thought I’d say or do that regarding an opioid but methadone is such a bitch to get off of its almost not worth it. In the winter time withdrawal is particularly bad for me because I’ve developed cold intolerance. I freeze. The term cuts like a knife is how it feels when I’m withdrawing in the winter. The cold travels up my leg to where the socks end. It’s a special kind of agony. That’s why methadone initially seems so great to use to bridge the gap. Like codeine cough medicine, methadone stops the cold in its tracks. So that’s my $.02 on the subject and while an old thread I’ve just done this two months in a row. Anyone have any tips to stop the cold of wd during cold weather? I’ve noticed it even in the summer when the draft from the ac hits me, and it sucks, but nothing works well though NyQuil may work a little.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread. I have had the same problems of running out of my oxycodone script early and using methadone that I had from old prescriptions to bridge the gap. Both times I tried it I successfully returned to oxycodone. The first time I used methadone for a week and only used 20-30mg a day. The second time I used it for 10 days and mostly used 10mg of methadone every 18 hours. Im coming off of this second time right now and after four days of taking my oxycodone script as directed - 10mg every 6hrs, so 4/day, 20mg messes me up. I still feel like there’s some methadone in my system as I’m hotter and sleepier than usual. However it’s improving. As much as this has helped me avoid the need to go thru withdrawal i dont think im going to try it again. The oxycodone shortages are real and scary. Ive been on high dose methadone in the past and getting off was hell. I think getting off of low dose methadone taken for a short time while being opiate dependent would be hell too. With oxycodone, wd is easy if i have 100mg lyrica and some clonidine on hand. It’s over in 4 days. But what happens if my pharmacy can’t get oxycodone? Then I’m screwed beyond belief. While I know I’d eventually get it, it would mean taking methadone for a longer period and I could def feel the diff between taking it for a week vs ten days. I’m close to normal after 4 days back on oxycodone, but if I had taken methadone a week longer it might have taken a week or two. I take oxycodone for headaches and the reason I took two today was because one and one and a half still didn’t do the job to kill the headache I had today but two did. The only viable use for methadone to stretch out a script is if you know you’re going to run out of your regular med early, take a few days of methadone here and there in the middle, while you have oxycodone to get you off of it. But doing it wo any oxycodone on hand is rolling the dice and potentially setting yourself up for really hard times. I have hundreds of left over methadone tablets from when I took it for pain but after doing this two months in a row I am strongly leaning towards disposing of them. I never thought I’d say or do that regarding an opioid but methadone is such a bitch to get off of its almost not worth it. In the winter time withdrawal is particularly bad for me because I’ve developed cold intolerance. I freeze. The term cuts like a knife is how it feels when I’m withdrawing in the winter. The cold travels up my leg to where the socks end. It’s a special kind of agony. That’s why methadone initially seems so great to use to bridge the gap. Like codeine cough medicine, methadone stops the cold in its tracks. So that’s my $.02 on the subject and while an old thread I’ve just done this two months in a row. Anyone have any tips to stop the cold of wd during cold weather? I’ve noticed it even in the summer when the draft from the ac hits me, and it sucks, but nothing works well though NyQuil may work a little.
Methadone is so much worse for me than my oral oxy habit. Oxy is so stigmatized now its almost impossible to get legally. So i was getting like 150 a month off the street. I was working from 5 til 4 at a fucking sand mine. No issues at all. Have 2 bad ankles and a neck injury that acts up twice a month and I guess i need drugs to get by so im a junkie. Actually enjoyed work then. Made the mistake of calling a pain clinic doctor to try and get legally. He calls my wife to remind me of the appointment and she freaks out so now she starts doing the whole stare at my pupils thing. I was undetected for 18 months before this so musta not have been acting too crazy. I tried subxone fuck that stuff (used it in the past no problems but i guess im too old for it or something) Now methadone has me so lazy i have to summon the energy from the depths of my being to even show up to work much less open at 5:00 in the dead of winter. Also im on trt therapy and oxybutanin for the sweats and hooked on vaping nicotine like real bad. Before it was just oxy 2-3 times a day now im on 60 mgs of methadone and cant wait to be off. I cant have no energy as i have 2 small kids and a demanding business and gotta help dad on the farm too. I actually quit methadone last sunday so 6 days off and the only thing the oxy did for me is barely stave off withdrawals. I hate this blocking medicine bullshit with all my heart.