• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Need advice from heavy users regarding severe constipation asap

I used to find magnesium supplements helpful for this. They generally help to absorb moisture back into your stool, this helps the flow... ?

Ive been quite regular using softeners everyday somtimes ill go 3-4 days without movement but aside from those everythings been swell amen for that havent had to use a stim laxative in quite awhile

I didn't read the whole thread but when I'm really blocks from opiates then some laxative or a depository normal does the trick, its just that huge plug ( so to speak) you need to past first, after that is free flow lol. But I have myself have found fresh blood in my stool but I think that was from lesions after giving birth to mini mes lol

9 days is nothing =p ive gone 2 and a half weeks at some points but and ive never had to stop taking my meds to go thankfully, and when i go, my god does it not stop till im on empty

2 weeks , wow. The joys of opiates lol

I totally understand this and my best recommendation is to do an emema. You can get them at the pharmacy for like $2 and they work. You don’t want to get too constipated and have to go to the ER and they do a emergency enema there and it’s horrible. Been there and don’t ever want to do it again!

Right, An important note regarding the above poster's sentiment. Stool Softeners are different than Laxatives of any kind. That being said, there are not stimulant stool softeners.

Absolutely, stool softeners and laxatives are definitely not the same. However, in my area, there are stool softeners available OTC with an added stimulant that acts as a mild laxative. I can check the shelves next time I am at the local pharmacy/store, if you all are interested in the name. I don’t use them.

On a separate note, I neglected to add a link on the “squatty potty”...feel weird typing it, lol. It is worth a look, seriously. There are over nine thousand reviews 4.5 out of 5 star total rating. Also, there are 255 questions/answers about it. (No affiliation, just a recommendation!). I like it because it truly helps me and it isn’t another chemical I need to swallow.

100$ to whomever sends this thread to their mother next time she asks "what you're up to"?

If I may consolidate my opinions into an easier to understand form, I recommend firstly, using stool softeners on a regular basis if you're using Opioids heavily. The idea is that the stool softener (Docusate Sodium) will be enough to normalize things. If this doesn't work, reach for the Miralax. If the Miralax doesn't work for you then you step up to stimulant laxatives. I'm not a Doctor, so please forgive my facile explanation of the human body, but, once your feces make it through the "first door" and is in the final stage prior to actual defecation, then you can attempt to apply the enema's. "Fleet" is the most common brand here in the states, but their will be cheaper generics obviously.

Yup, and it doesn't even have to be megacolon. Even an impaction can be life threatening if it ruptures and shit enters your blood stream. It astounds me reading about people that go 2 weeks without shitting. ?

This is someone with megacolon for anyone wondering...

What you mean by ruptures? I think I might be misunderstanding an fecal impaction truly is?

Only thing that ever helped me was glycerin suppositories…softeners or any pill never did anything, like nothing…Iv tried everything to not have to put something in my ass, but always end up back to the suppository in times of crisis

Colosan powder. Amazong stuff. You want fast, I mean fast, effective and safe harmless relief from constipation, that is one great way to do it.

I am allergic to colosan, like 99% of supplements, herbs and remedies.

Otherwise it would be a goto as supplement and extreme dietary restrictions dispose me to major bowel irregularity and both spectrums simultaneously.

The Colosan would change the game for me otherwise.

It's a mix of magnesium oxides. But you need to follow it with either half a lemon's juice, or some Apple Cider Vinegar, to produce hydrochloric acid in the stomach which is the agent that separates the magnesium from the oxygen very quickly releasing floods of oxygen into the intestines, which in no actual laxative, by definition of mechanism, not just outcome, manner turns rubbish into gold, waste is flushed as water stools easily, and nutrients are ansorbed in the presence of high oxygen.

Is the idea.

Take it for a week, 10 days, tell how you think, feel and look afterwards vs beforehand.

I promise you, well I know what you will say.

Always dilute ACV with water though, never drink it straight.

I also cannot tolerate any vinegar, but much moreso no citrus frutis.

I am tempted though to take a course of it. The colosan nor ACV will do me any harm, just major excessive mucus allergy type reactionsto simply put up with.

But I could! Lemons and limes I am very allergic to though.

If you take Senna (you can buy bottles of like 200 ct on Amazon for like 15 bucks) on a regular basis, and take it with your pills...AND. drink lots of water, it can help, but it is a battle with opiates if you are consuming them routinely. Enemas and glycerin suppositories sure help when you have a cinder block in your Colon. Even then, you sometimes have to use more than one to soften up the reinforced concrete. The goal is to not get there, and that is where the Senna can help a lot if you take plenty of it (sometimes up to 3 or so with each opiate administration, maybe 10 or 12 a day, which would have you shitting like a goose without the opiates), to stay ahead of the curve. I would rather be straddling the line between shitting more than I'd like than deal with feeling like you are giving birth when on the pot. I do not miss that "I feel like I am shitting giant pine-cones" feeling. It really is a nightmare. And you do not want to end up with an impaction.

If you take Senna (you can buy bottles of like 200 ct on Amazon for like 15 bucks) on a regular basis, and take it with your pills...AND. drink lots of water, it can help, but it is a battle with opiates if you are consuming them routinely. Enemas and glycerin suppositories sure help when you have a cinder block in your Colon. Even then, you sometimes have to use more than one to soften up the reinforced concrete. The goal is to not get there, and that is where the Senna can help a lot if you take plenty of it (sometimes up to 3 or so with each opiate administration, maybe 10 or 12 a day, which would have you shitting like a goose without the opiates), to stay ahead of the curve. I would rather be straddling the line between shitting more than I'd like than deal with feeling like you are giving birth when on the pot. I do not miss that "I feel like I am shitting giant pine-cones" feeling. It really is a nightmare. And you do not want to end up with an impaction.
There was more then a couple time I seriously considered going to the hospital for constipation…luckily after the 3 suppository it would finally happen, honestly glycerine suppositories are a godsend when your in that bad place

Sometimes it just comes down to a pack of rubber gloves and a bottle of mineral oil... "digital disimpaction" I believe the doctors call it. Better to just bite the bullet and do it yourself, since that's all they'll do at hospital, and it's also better than trying to pass something way too large/hard.

honestly, i only read the first couple posts, but....
I used to go a week without shitting somtimes, and then when i did shit, i had to push really hard until it came out like an inch, and then put a fork through it horizantaly, and grab the handle with one hand, and the prongs with the other hand, and manually pull it out of my ass.

These days, i eat a whole lot of fruit and vegetables, workout regularly, and occasionally take magnesium and stool softeners.
i shit every morning, and it's an emergency when i do. The higher your dosage though, the less all this stuff i'm talking about will work.

I guess if worst comes to worst, you could always inject yourself with a little bit of narcan, and give yourself pwds, better than having to be hospitalized because your bowel is compacted. if that happens, you'll most likely be forced to withdrawal from the drugs unless you smuggle them in, or have a family member or friend come in and bring you your fix.

Also, i think as long as the blood is bright red, and not a dark color, your good, well not good, but your not gonna die.
avoid taking ANY stimulant laxatives, because while your this constipated, they can cause internal damage to your intestines, stool softeners are fine though.
maybe the crack is making you bleed this much, because meth/cocaine act like stimulant laxatives, so does caffeine. You might be fine doing that, or you might not.

Sometimes it just comes down to a pack of rubber gloves and a bottle of mineral oil... "digital disimpaction" I believe the doctors call it. Better to just bite the bullet and do it yourself, since that's all they'll do at hospital, and it's also better than trying to pass something way too large/hard.

Been there, done that. That plus tearing and bleeding and screaming agony are why I always take stool softeners and psyllium husk when I'm on opiates. Well, psyllium husk is just good shit any time. Pun intended.

Been there, done that. That plus tearing and bleeding and screaming agony are why I always take stool softeners and psyllium husk when I'm on opiates. Well, psyllium husk is just good shit any time. Pun intended.
You find the psyllium husk useful? Interesting. I thought I remembered reading that "bulking" laxatives (which I think it is, like Metamucil) don't help opiate-induced constipation, since peristalsis is slowed down for other reasons by opiates... I take docusate sodium (Colace) 300mg nightly, which just keeps things tolerable, and reach for the PEG 3350 (Miralax) if more than a few "unproductive" days have gone by -- that's very useful, sometimes after the first dose and sometimes within a handful of hours.

Yeah it's great, in general. Keeps things looser and also sort of scours out the bowels. It helps everything from getting so compacted. Though it won't solve opiate constipation by itself, by any means. Osmotic laxatives like miralax and stool softeners are your main line of defense.

I just recommend it in general, for anyone. great stuff.

I'd go with heavy - duty laxatives if it's really bad.
Otherwise I found eating a lot of bran flakes and prunes (love bran flakes, hate fucking prunes!) also helped keep me regular