• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Need advice from heavy users regarding severe constipation asap

Zonxx

Bluelighter
Well obv im bringing THIS up to my doctor when i see him till then... so Heavy opiate user k. Rather embaressing but this is realtalk because i fucking shat hella blood forcing and idk if it was a popped blood vessel or wtf the only reason i didnt go to the ER is because the blood suddenly stopped once i got this fucking severe blockage out.

So basically as youll all know what comes with op use.. now i skipped 3 says of stool softener because ran out... come yesterday i took like 4-5 ( usually take 1-2) so today heavy drinking, smokin crack, and finally had to go, so uh sparing some detail, had to force, and do what i had to do to get it out, gotta fkn shit right, so uh, suddenly my hand felt wet and it was covered quite LITERALLY COVERED. Covered. In blood, so i kept going cuz wasnt over... finished. Suddenly no pain nadda, hell i stuck my finger in my pooper to make sure i wasnt internally bleeding, nope no blood all of a sudden and im emptied now, what the fuck should i be extremely concerned or what?
This is a rather sensitive topic, no nonsense replies please
Im in semi shock rn

My theory is blood vessel popped or i had a clot or idfk? Im going to make an appointment in a week.. but thats Only due to the blood just stopping what the fuuuuck could it have been
Ive bled before but confirmed via doc blood vessels.. but this, this was fuckin rediculous

Seriously compacted? Like trying to shit concrete?
Blood red and flowing?
Probably torn a membrane, bleeding piles. Crappy but not life threatening.
Try an enema, glycerin kinda up there, No details I am afraid. Got any really good friends?
Comedy aside, the bowel is really good at absorbing moisture back into the body, longer it in there worse it gets.
At a push youchan use a length of well lubricated garden hose, fix to a bottle you can squeeze insert and use slightly soapy water.
Make sure you are some where erm, convenient, as that going to pour out. Sat on the toilet favorite. Thinking about it you can probably Google it!!!!

Been there, bro. I haven’t done H in months but I’m on Suboxone. I haven’t seen blood for a while, but I still wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve done permanent damage. I stopped stool softeners but I’m still not “regular” by any means.

I know precisely what you’re talking about in terms of the feeling you get when you see all that blood. It’s like a horror movie, a surreal panic feeling. I haven’t told anybody about it either, because I don’t want to scare people that care about me. Also I don’t want to go see a doctor about that shit (no pun intended) either.

Been there, bro. I haven’t done H in months but I’m on Suboxone. I haven’t seen blood for a while, but I still wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve done permanent damage. I stopped stool softeners but I’m still not “regular” by any means.

I know precisely what you’re talking about in terms of the feeling you get when you see all that blood. It’s like a horror movie, a surreal panic feeling. I haven’t told anybody about it either, because I don’t want to scare people that care about me. Also I don’t want to go see a doctor about that shit (no pun intended) either.
I laughed but i also just cant help but sympathize obviously haha, but yeah it certainly surreal as heck, took me a good 2 hours to recuperate from that emotional/physical trauma

I have those glyceryn suppositories but i gave em a go along time ago didnt seem to do the trick ( think itd atleast help if its ' there' if ya catch me?)

no lie tho guys, atleast BL is the place i can seek solace when in freakout/panic mode, this is somthing everyone should feel towards BL! bluelight : there when ya need em' and there when you don't :):)

I had the same issues in my pill days, ive bled from popping blood vessels, i even had to go to emerg once lol good times:) i hope you get some relief.
And yes bluelight is awesome, i started a buttsex thread asking questions and no judgement at all

I had the same issues in my pill days, ive bled from popping blood vessels, i even had to go to emerg once lol good times:) i hope you get some relief.
And yes bluelight is awesome, i started a buttsex thread asking questions and no judgement at all
fuckn' lold harder than i shouldve, man this is gonna be a long binge cant believe im still at it, but yeah the lack of judgement is unreal on BL, genuine helpfulness, with the odd criticism but usually constructive vs negative 'usually' =p

that feel when limited meds, and you have 17 hrs 48 mins till your next dose, boy fuck hours and time :(

Ps4 helps kill time
wish my brain could focus, i genuinely have no fucking clue what im doing right now, im pointlessly clicking to whatevers next wondering if i should eat a few benzos / stay awake to do some business as in work not pewp, or slam my head into the wall

Lol, sorry don't mean to giggle but i remember those mornings :)

A lot of people make light of the whole constipation issue. While there is always a space for a little toilet humor, it can actually be a pretty serious condition. It is entirely possible to die from constipation as a result of heavy Opioid dependence. Is it likely? No, but it is certainly something that you want to manage before it becomes serious. You might be familiar with a condition known as Toxic Megacolon. In layman's terms, your shit, which is stalled in your intestines and colon will begin to actively rot and develop into a systemic infection or even septicemia.

Anywho, let's not go there quite yet, as this problem can typically be fixed with Miralax and potentially an enema depending on the severity. I've struggled with pretty severe constipation as a long-term Heroin user and I've never had to go further than these two items. I would give them a try and report back. I've also advised a lot of our peers to do the same and most have had good results.

I'm just realizing that we, as Opioid users have an analogous situation to Methamphetamine addicts. They stay up for two weeks at a time and we don't shit for two weeks at a time. We're going tit for tat you tweaker sons of bitches ;)

Indeed as Keif said, it can be seriously life-threatening depending on how you go between shits. Some guy in The Dark Side was talking about how he sometimes only shits once every 2 weeks and that kind of thing can cause severe toxicity from rotting feces absorbing poison into you.

As far as the bleeding... when I was addicted to opiates, eventually I had horrific constipation where I'd shit about once every 3 days (I'd make it happen then as I didn't want toxic megacolon), and when I did it was like a rock, a huge rock too wide for the exit hole that took like an hour of horrible pain to push out. There was always blood. The blood comes from torn membranes, or hemorrhoids you form from all the pushing and strain that have been punctured. Sadly, to this day (5 years after the last opiate I ever took), I still have hemorrhoids that act up sometimes, it fucking sucks.

What I eventually figured out was that if I took both a stool softener and a laxative, I could have relatively normal shits that weren't too bad, and were more regular. I wish I had figured it out earlier before the damage was done.

Indont suffer i mean i get constipated but i always end up going the next morning sometimes i strong coffee and a few roll ups can help

Hi Zonx,

That kind of issue could have been much worst. Once i didn't poo for 3 day and it ended with my intestine exposing inside follow by a big operation.

In your case you are lucky to have been in the toilet and the bleeding was probably due to an hemorrhoid exploding that why the blood stopped quickly.

PS : If you had internal bleeding your poo would be black

It is entirely possible to die from constipation as a result of heavy Opioid dependence. Is it likely? No, but it is certainly something that you want to manage before it becomes serious. You might be familiar with a condition known as Toxic Megacolon. In layman's terms, your shit, which is stalled in your intestines and colon will begin to actively rot and develop into a systemic infection or even septicemia.

Yup, and it doesn't even have to be megacolon. Even an impaction can be life threatening if it ruptures and shit enters your blood stream. It astounds me reading about people that go 2 weeks without shitting. ?

This is someone with megacolon for anyone wondering...