• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA football preseason Top 25

calling teams like arkansas and mississippi "hard hitting" is why you're not a dangerous program. South caroline can outplay any team, they just dont seem to be able to do it consistantly like LSU or UF.

*cough*

LapDawg said:
Since the beginning of the BCS Era in 1998, the Pac-10 is 9-6 against the SEC and 5-2 in games played on the West Coast.

Here's to hoping it goes to 11-6 and 7-2 after September. :D Kiss my ass, SEC fan!

I would confidently put down 5, 000 American right now and say "hey, the Buckeyes are going to win the National Title" then walk away and collect in the winter.

^^..In college football I would say that is a bad idea! I think it is OU's year this year. We have lost too much in the past few post-seasons to keep losing, especially considering we won many of our post season games before them. In those times we simply got overconfident, and our play makers were looking too much toward the NFL or were hurt. If we smash Mizzou in December and stay healthy, then watch out :D.

Pander Bear said:
calling teams like arkansas and mississippi "hard hitting" is why you're not a dangerous program. South caroline can outplay any team, they just dont seem to be able to do it consistantly like LSU or UF.

Wait you knew about arky's RBs, right? Do I need to drop some names? Them boys weren't hard hitting? Arky beat the national champs, that's hard-hitting in my book. I used Miss State as an example to show that there really are no more shitty teams in the SEC. Every team plays physically and they all beat up on each other. Vandy's program is stepping up a little bit. Ole Miss, the last of the really shitty teams, is starting to put together a program.

You're right about the consistency. A lot of that has to do with depth. SC doesn't have all the stars (star rating of HS players) like these other teams. Stars don't mean everything though. I'm expecting us to be close in every game this season because of a sick defense led by Jasper Brinkley, my man Eric Norwood, and Captain Munnerlyn. We will beat either UGA, UF or UT, mark my words. I'd put my money on UT, 'cause UF and UGA will have beastly teams as usual, but like I said, we will hang with all of them. I'm kind of glad Spurs isn't calling all of the plays this year. He made that choice with the best interest of the team in mind.

haha cravNbeets why thankya

Last edited:
smotpoker said:
Decline? We'll talk after the end of this year when the Big 10 cleans house in bowl games and regular season...Just wait panda bear, you have it coming to you! I know something you don't know!

Yea wait 'till next year. Sounds a lot like SC fans lol

axl blaze said:
I would confidently put down 5, 000 American right now and say "hey, the Buckeyes are going to win the National Title" then walk away and collect in the winter.
You know what they say about a fool and his money, Jim. ;) Maybe this is why the economic downturn has his Ohio so badly.

hypnotik, so did you already forget about 2002? Did ohio state choke against miami? I think not.

They choked against florida, I'll give you that, they lost to a team that WAS SUPPOSED to win in LSU last year, in New Oreleans no less.

So because they choked one time you think that means they choked every time? I am sorry but I don't follow you on that one.

So if a team from the sun belt conference loses to a team from the SEC, you consider that choking?

You think when a team that is an underdog loses that is choking?
Give me a break son!

The Buckeyes have the most starters coming back from a team who made the national championship last year. They will be back in the N.C.

And the funny thing is that, after they finally take care of business and win it this time, that would IMO make them the greatest college team of the new millenium. That would give them 4 national championship apperances, 2 national championships, countless Big 10 titles, only 2 losses againt their rival in the biggest rivalry in sports, and 1, maybe 2 after Beanie wins Heismans.

But like I said they the difference between being the Buffalo Bills of college and the Greatest College Football team of theis millenium, is whether or not they can win it all this year.

With Beanie, Boeckman, The Animal, Terrelle Pryor, The Brians, and others coming back I like their chances this year!

GO BUCKEYES! FUCK THE HATERS! People hate a winner, simple as that.

smotpoker said:
They choked against florida, I'll give you that, they lost to a team that WAS SUPPOSED to win in LSU last year, in New Oreleans no less.

Whatever happened to how well OSU fans travel? There was plenty of crimson in the stands. Your team lost because they were inferior.

So because they choked one time you think that means they choked every time? I am sorry but I don't follow you on that one.

So if a team from the sun belt conference loses to a team from the SEC, you consider that choking?

You can't have it both ways... either you're a fan of the greatest football program of all time, and they consistently choke, or you're a fan of a competitive, but overvalued team.

You think when a team that is an underdog loses that is choking?
Give me a break son!
Not every game has an underdog. USC didnt choke when Texas beat them. They just got outplayed. If they played ten more, who knows who would have won them.

The Buckeyes have the most starters coming back from a team who made the national championship last year. They will be back in the N.C.
Ya, probably. Because they will be playing cupcakes all season.
GO BUCKEYES! FUCK THE HATERS! People hate a winner, simple as that.
[/quote]

Lol, no, people hate overrated programs that continue to show up to the big game year after year to get their asses handed to them-- with fans who show irrational love no matter what.

Sorry, but if OSU makes it to the NC again and loses, again, they should be banned from the big game for like five years. They didn't "choke" btw, they got outplayed by a better team, two years in a row.

smotpoker said:
hypnotik, so did you already forget about 2002? Did ohio state choke against miami? I think not..
Actually dude...you're right......you WERENT following me correctly....

The only reference to the '02 OSU team /i was making was that you could prob point to several single calls where their season could've turned out differently...Thats all i was getting at....

Thats what i was saying....Reread my post again....

No....Im giving your team credit....Im just telling you be happy you made it to the NC......Expectations for OSU fans are unrealistic is what im getting at....Yall are spoiled...so shut up

And the funny thing is that, after they finally take care of business and win it this time

In my post, thats if you actually read it......I predicted that OSU would be back in the NC game this year

I was calling you out cuz you said that OSU only lost the NC last year b/c of one botched call....I was calling bullshit.....After the OSU 10-0 lead.....OSU got dominated in every aspect of the game....Stop making excuses, you got beat by a better team

Last edited:
Ok I don't feel like arguing with you idiots, I Am right on all points and you trying to argue against me is pointless. Just get over it. Love OSu, they didn't put themselves in the NC, so if you wanna get upset about something get upset that other teams don't make it and OSU does, they did what they had to do to get to the game.
Don't make retarded statements like "they should be banned from the N.C game". They will play in whatever bowl game they EARN! Just like they EARNED the chance to play in last years and game and the one before that.

Are you angry that your team got snubbed because OSU is better and held up their end of the deal in earning their spot in the BCS title game?

Jealousy will do nothing for you. So quit whining about the Program, OSU, and start giving out some respect to them. 3 NC appearances in 6 yrs is pretty fucking good 8)

God it will be so fun to hear all the bitchers throughout this season only to have everyone's favorite team roll through the competition and win another N.C, the Buckeyes.

August 31st, the road to the N.C begins in Columbus, two weeks later the entire world will be watching the college football GAME of the YEAR, The Ohio State University VS the Trojans of Smoggy California. GAME OF THE YEAR BABY!

I was listening to ESPN radio the other day and they said that the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Boston Red Sox are two of the most hated franchises in sports history, with OSU edging out Notre Dame in the college level.

don't argue with the heathens, smotpoker, OSU football season is upon us. there is electricity in the air. we are going back to the National Title game and we are winning it this year. we are going to hold the Heisman Trophy winner, if he stays healthy. and then we are going to dominate for as long as Terrelle Pryor stays a Buckeye and doesn't fall to the "curse of Ohio State," aka going pro early.

I am against the system that got OSU into the NC those two years, not OSU itself. And I am kind of pissed that the NC is not exactly the two best teams, playoff system FTW.

smotpoker said:
3 NC appearances in 6 yrs is pretty fucking good 8)

Making you the buffalo bills / Atlanta braves of your sport. You are in denial, and you typify the absurd naziesque devotion that makes your program and your fans disliked.

spaceyourbass said:
I am against the system that got OSU into the NC those two years, not OSU itself. And I am kind of pissed that the NC is not exactly the two best teams, playoff system FTW.

I am all for a NCAA playoff system. the Buckeyes would most certainly hold their own.

Pander Bear said:
Making you the buffalo bills / Atlanta braves of your sport. You are in denial, and you typify the absurd naziesque devotion that makes your program and your fans disliked.

/shrug

at least my team wins their conference. it's pretty hilarious when the second or third tier SEC team loses to Michigan. of all teams. Michigan. the Buckeyes haven't lost to that team in a long, long while.

App. State > Michigan

Michigan > Florida

App. State > Florida

???

and OSU is far better than the Buffallo Bills of our time. we have at least won a National Championship. we just need to be the underdog role - for once - and not chosen to dominate, like always. the underdog role will always work for the Buckeyes.

after this season Tressel will be 2-2 in the National Championship. Mark Richt is what? 0-0

that's a lot of goose eggs.

after this season Tressel will be 2-2 in the National Championship. Mark Richt is what? 0-0

are you using the same crystal ball you used the last two seasons?

USA Today's Coaches' Poll

20080802-rf49a4ebfk5e1cgbs2b9ncnpdn.jpg