• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[NBOMe Subthread] Long-term Side-effects & Addiction

Please use the info below in my signature to learn how to navigate and use our forum. Thanks. :)

I want to add to Dev0r's post that things are further complicated by the sensitivity to these drugs being apparently very variable. I don't know that we can explain the lethality like ^that^, since seizures are normally not that dangerous and vasoconstriction has not been determined the cause of death. Before we know more about the mechanism of lethal side-effects it would be wrong for us to pretend we can tell each other conclusive things about the safety.

If you want to be safe, you shouldn't use drugs. Period. And if you want to be at least reasonably safe using psychedelics you probably shouldn't use the supernew, superpotent and potentially lethal kind... you'd better choose ones that are known to be psychologically hazardous in slight overdose at worst, or much better said: ones that have a big "therapeutic index", the margin that determines physical safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I don't think anyones quite sure what it is about nbomes (namely) 25i that has lead it to killing people. As even those I know who have seizured from it were fine afterward. I've tripped a couple handfulls of times on the stuff, and seen hundreds of other people trip on it. The nbomes definately have a strange mechanism of action, strong dose curve, and the dosages are just rediculously tiny and it's very easy to measure the dose incorrectly or have mechanical error with your scale resulting in taking way too much of said compound. Generally the safest way of taking the compound thus far is through properly laid blotter units taken buccally.

I don't know how familar you are with psychedelics, but in my oppinion the 'safer' of the RC psychedelics would be the 4-ho tryptamines. Like Solipsis pointed out, chemicals like these have less margin for error. Also they arent as taxing in my oppinion, and the chemicals have been around since tihkal basically.
nbomes were created by nichols for mapping receptors in the mouse brain and for making 2c compounds "last longer" essentially. (since nbome'ing a 2c makes it much much much much more potent by weight) I really don't even know how it leaked to become an RC in the first place.

I'd also like to add, many people I know notice nbome does not combine properly with alcohol, as if alcohol is coverting nbome (or its metabolites) into something else in the body But i'm sure other people have noticed this and commented on it before

"Poison is in everything, and no thing is without poison. The dosage makes it either a poison or a remedy." - Paracelus

Erowid is helpful

25i is the least safe of the nbomes but generally regarded as the most similar to LSD.
25i isn't like LSD at all. None of the NBOMes, really but IME 25c comes closest

25c and 25b seem to have a slightly safer profile, I suggest using these instead. And please be very careful dosing these, as anyone else would tell you the same.
No they don't, 25c seems more vasoconstriction prone than all other NBOMes. 25i does have some sort of nausea-ish feeling going with it, but puking your guts out is hardly what you should worry about. From what I understand, the alkylated NBOMes (25D, 25E, etc.) and the NBOH-series seem to have a better safety profile, but they're much less popular so the full extend of their safety is hardly known.

At any rate though, the NBOMes you should assume all NBOMes are just as bad in terms of safety.

Find a hobby you enjoy, maybe video games to get you off the bnome.
Eat healthy and exercise. Detox is not easy ):

Hello, I'd just like to update that I am no longer using NBOMe compounds and that all short/long term side-effects that I'm aware of have subsided to the point that I don't notice them, if they are even any left that is to say. However, I will say that in my case at least that NBOMe compounds, primarily 25I, caused my bi-polar to be exacerbated to an extreme degree during and after usage and is still persistently worse than before using NBOMe compounds. Now I've used many different psychedelics and I've used most all many, many times in both high and low doses generally as well and I can say for certain that no other psychedelic has ever had a negative impact on my mental health, not even taking upwards of 50ug-600ug (estimation, it was 6 hits of average liquid) of LSD on a monthly basis at age 13. Also I'd like to state that NBOMe seems to have the ability to cause PTSD like flashbacks which I've never experienced from any other psychedelic. Lastly I will state that I've come to the conclusion that NBOMe is not addictive in the same way most drugs are known to be, I find it addictive (as well as most other from what I can gather) only once you've built a serious tolerance to it. This gives a high kind of like being on what I'd assume psychedelic amphetamines feel like only with ZERO mindfuck as well as little visuals if tolerance is a factor. This makes for the perfect party drug and seems to be well likened to stimulant users. I also read a study suggesting that NBOMe as well as mushrooms in low doses helps with whatever part of your brain that plays the role of will power, I think they were using the word neuroplasticity or something of the sort, and it also said that high doses of NBOMe but not mushrooms led to that brain function worsening which has led me to speculate whether this may factor into NBOMe's mischievous addiction potential or not. Anyway, this may be poorly formatted and I may be rambling since I'm on vyvanse currently but you'll have to deal with it! ;)

I abused NBOMe's weekly for a few months and can say that i am certainly say they will fuck you up. its been about two months since i ate nbome last and have been drug free besides weed and one recent MDMA expirience at a show in NYC. I felt depersonalization, derealization and still feel these at least once a day. my anxiety, which was minimal before nbome abuse has gotton quite extreme. I have weird body feelings as well. I can certainly feel improvment as time progresses but it is no easy transition back to real life. HPPD is also still very present with marijuana use as well. I have a decent stockpile of lorazapam and those help with a lot of the symptomns and there is little high associated with those for me so abuse of those is not an issue. I can certainly say there is a weird sense of addiction with nbome, can be physical and odd for sure. i always got anxious and afraid and confused on them but i couldnt stop weekly. After use i felt a strong decline in my mental health and physical health, much worse then when i was using them. These are a weird class of drugs and i think they should be dumped and never resurface. Abuse of these is certainly nothing to take lightly. Tread carefully.

can you explain how much you were using and how frequently you used it?

Me? I was using anywhere from 500ug once weekly to 3mg-8mg a day for several days at least when I was using them. ROA was sublingual, buccal, nasal and rectal.

Swim tried 25i 10 months ago. 11 months ago swim had another suicide attempt and had taken 45 nytols (double strength) hoping to go for a long sleep. What swim had not realised was that she would have a seizure, heart arythmia and hallucinations for the next 6 days. This trip was inexplicable and the most vivid memory swim has. Swim thought she was in hell and when she was sober enough to realise she was alive swim became depressed again. After being offered 25i swim thought fxck it and dropped two by herself. Swim was previously moody, depressed and uncaring and unkind. Swim felt as though she was at peace in the trip. She found the answers she was looking for and felt as though she could let go of her negative emotions. Swim took around 50 tabs over 3 months and started noticing she was having residual affects and started recording as much info as she could find.

Swim started recklessly making combos (ask for details) and had a 8 binge without eating or sleeping and taking more each day. Swim discovered taking nytol dramatically increased the trip but triggered voices. At this point swim was abusing drone heavily. Swim got arrested on the 8th day and had her first ever bad trip, swims friend was kept in a cell for the night and never came back. He was put on meds and went to a psych ward and has severe paranoia. After this swim decided to wait until there were no effects. Swim stopped all chemicals for 3 months before dropping again and has dropped 2 other times since.
Some of my friends developed severe phobias from bad trips. All heavy users I know have trails and memory loss but this could be due to the combinations. After a bad trip one of my friends can't be in the dark at all and has severe paranoia.

Swim can still see neon flashing snow and 'energy' radiating of things and the longer swim looks at something the more it changes (melts, swirls,geometic). Swim hallucinates in the dark which at first was irritating but normal now. If swim is exhausted she will hear voices. Although the voices usually had to be triggered, swim was sober yesterday and couldnt get the voices to stop. How are 2cs stored in the body and how are they excreated? Is there a potential for permanent damage to the brain? If anyone has stopped having the after affects please post how long you waited and how much you took.

Swim noticed her vision deteriorated quickly after but this could be down to coincidence. Swims attention span doesnt exist. Swim can't read or concentrate for longer than a couple of minutes and feels blank.
Common side affects: paranoia, visuals, delusions, memory loss, hearing voices, headache, nausea, mood changes, increased libido, 'looping' (repeating same stuff)
Not so common: collapse, hysterical screaming, lost touch with reality- like a k-hole but not unconcious, extreme sweating, tremors/shaking, feeling people touch you, blindness

N-bombes are the most unreliable drug I have ever come across in terms of dosage. Friend A is a Heavy user. 3 tabs of a full blotter and he said it was an amazing trip. Two days after (sober) he takes one and didnt know who he was, what a planet was, thought I was a ghost, thought he killed me and endless crazy delusions for 3 days. We stayed in one room the whole time and I had a total of 4 and a half. After a day or two A dropped a half and his trip intensified even more. All of these were from the SAME blotter?

^^
Start a daily journal, get a routine, and exercise consistently.

You possibly currently have an underlying mental disorder. These things can come and go in waves. This isn't necessarily bad. I have schizophrenia. I got in the flow and have improved over several years.

Keep your head above water. Start a daily journal, get a routine, and exercise consistently. Let the new ideas float around. I think you could get better.

seems that NBOMe completely messed up my tolerance to all DOx compounds, havent tried any 2C-X yet but I wouldn't be surprised if they dont work on me either. Its been over 3 months since I have taken NBOMe , and tried 3 different times with DOC and twice with DOM and I just got bodyload and mild visuals, anxiety and shortness of breath. It sucks.

Does 25i NBOMe have a permanent tolerance? Would this indicate that it is neurotoxic to 5HT2A receptors?