• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[NBOMe Subthread] Long-term Side-effects & Addiction

it's not the primary issue. You can take a full MDMA binge one night and trip on 25i fine the next. What does that say to your theory? Yet you take 25i two nights in a row and you will hardly feel it the second night. Something funny happens with 25i tolerance that does not occur with other psychedelics. They bind to the 5ht2a receptor (25i being a full agonist) but release of serotonin isn't their mechanism of action. Yeah i've read all about the 5-ht receptor, other than the fact that 25i binds to it (5-ht2a) really well, what else is happening? what neurotransmitters are being affected and how can this tell us about possible toxicity or of its possible addictive nature?

my point is mainly that psychedelics do not release serotonin or inhibit its reuptake (not afaik anyway) so they are much different in their mechanism of action than MDMA/Methamp/methylone and friends. Given that 25-i is a full agonist at 5ht2-a, i think it's more plausible that it's tolerance is mostly to do with that receptor itself and not the whole family of receptors. IE. you can have a huge tolerance to mdma and still have your mind blown by 25i.

2 blotters of 25I NBOMe is a weekend ritual for me. And that's as far as ill push it. On some occasions I will take DXM with it witch intensifies it greatly. The come down right after your done peaking is similar to a methamphetamine crash feeling of deppression, anxiety, and no meaning of life. It's unpleasant. Taking the DXM not only helps the trip but also helps the crash. Some benzo or barbs will help a lot. And 25I isn't classified as a psychedelic. It's also a stimulant witch could definitely give you that amphetamine dillemnia. Doesn't cause any problems for me. Couldn't imagine dropping it daily.

it's not the primary issue. You can take a full MDMA binge one night and trip on 25i fine the next. What does that say to your theory? Yet you take 25i two nights in a row and you will hardly feel it the second night. Something funny happens with 25i tolerance that does not occur with other psychedelics. They bind to the 5ht2a receptor (25i being a full agonist) but release of serotonin isn't their mechanism of action. Yeah i've read all about the 5-ht receptor, other than the fact that 25i binds to it (5-ht2a) really well, what else is happening? what neurotransmitters are being affected and how can this tell us about possible toxicity or of its possible addictive nature?

my point is mainly that psychedelics do not release serotonin or inhibit its reuptake (not afaik anyway) so they are much different in their mechanism of action than MDMA/Methamp/methylone and friends. Given that 25-i is a full agonist at 5ht2-a, i think it's more plausible that it's tolerance is mostly to do with that receptor itself and not the whole family of receptors. IE. you can have a huge tolerance to mdma and still have your mind blown by 25i.

That goes along exactly with what I said. I hate to say it, but learn to read! I said specifically that MDMA won't affect your 25I tolerance, that's not the fucking point. ACTUALLY READ what I said before you act like you know any more about the subject.

and yeah actually I said exactly what your last paragraph did paraphrased... and if I didn't well it should have been implied. You agree with me but you're still arguing. I've actually even mentioned there being 'something funny' about 25i tolerance, like yourself, and 25c tolerance.

Sorry buddy I'm not trying to argue or spread negativity, rather I'm trying to spread information and joy.

INTELLIGENT JUNKIE:

Not only does your combo sound intriguing and dangerous, but it sounds like it's making you have a crash. 25i abused for days in a row never made me crash. 25i taken once with no tolerance with a heavy trip didnt make me crash. After nbome trips Ive always had greater meaning in life, ALWAYS. That goes for 25C and 25I. and I've never needed benzos, barbs, any kind of a relaxant with nbomes because they relax the hell out of me. My heavy heavy heavy 25I trip was the most relaxed trip I've ever had, ALMOST.

Definitely a good trip but not just laid back and sedated. 25I NBOMe is a phenethylamine so it's not only a psychedelic but it is also a stimulant. And I can feel the stimulation 30 min before the psychedelic aspect even starts. Still a very very deep trip and I do go and hit different levels in my mind that I can't believe how broadened and clear my thinking is. And the sinking feeling for me is not long wen I'm done peaking. After six straight hours of me on such a peak and mind racing comprehending things the whole time, once that all stops my mind IS much slower in thought process. From all that pure joy just at max levels than going straight into sober mode, makes me feel insignificant and a high level of anxiousness pursues, I just need a benzo to stop all that mind duck. Then I lay down doze off and wake up good. 25I always good though, I always look forward to it. And I'm not sayin you couldn't take it everyday I'm sayin I wouldn't. Honestly it's already caused a few problems and it hasn't been researched enough. My opinion.

You didn't read my other posts, I dont advocate taking it more than once per month, or not at all if youre having phenethylamine tolerance problems.

You guys talking about partial vs full agonism, but you're completely forgetting the fact that 25i-NBOMe has extremely high affinity for 5HT2a. To me it seems that due to this high binding rate, the 5HT2a receptors get downregulated a lot more than other psychs, meaning that there is tolerance. You still feel quite happy about yourself and MDMA would still be active, as there are more types of serotonin receptors

I could be completely in the wrong here, I'm just an enthusiast with no chemistry/pharmacology education whatsoever, but that seems the most logical to me.

^that's the idea i think is most plausible.

@bloodsheed: i know how to read thanks. In general i was trying to get to the point that the better worded post above achieved, however i may have done so in a convoluted manner as i've been tripping pretty hard so forgive me. no hard feelings. As well, despite your own experiences, i've had some of the worst crashes imagineable from 25i binges, worse than week long ethylphenidate binges. These drugs for whatever reason seem to affect people in very different ways.

Last edited:
Right well I still think massive 5ht2a tolerance can cause some personality changes because I noticed it happened to me... I thought at least.

i can attest to that, definitely felt depressed/anxious/bored/disinterested in things after tripping with 25i, but i get that with all PEA psychs, 25i seems so refined yet still gives me a comedown that's unbearable without benzos/z-drugs/whatever else. 25i is a very strange drug, especially compared to other PEAs. I wonder how 25c compares as it's not a full agonist at the 5ht2a site. I'd figure it out for myself but i've finished my research on these strange compounds.

While 25C is officially a partial agonist, it's not far off being a full agonist. It has an efficacy of ~88%, whereas 25i is ~90% IIRC

(There was a discussion on this in one of the numerous nbome threads)

More threads on problems heavy or chronic users of these compounds have been having need to be merged into this one. Contact a moderator if you come across one. Thanks!

It should be added that chronic use (ie constant or daily dosing) is a bad idea for all recreational drugs. Particularly those that change your perception of 'reality'. Even if there is no physical or neurological damage associated with chronic use of a given drug, it's likely to lead to psychological difficulties.

I guess you are right, but when I took LSD on a weekly basis for at least a year the worst issue it gave me seems to be that my ideas were not properly skeptical anymore and I was theorizing very wildly. People who have latent mental illness should not take something like LSD (or NBOMe compounds or other psychedelics for that matter), let alone chronically. And if you cannot keep up with separating fantasy from reality there can be severe consequences, but I learned a long time ago that while I am not a mentally stable person in every respect, I am resilient and my sense of reality is well developed.

Still, I wouldn't trust NBOMe compounds as far as I can throw them unlike LSD.

I would say that chronic use of psychedelics increases the strength of the natural pattern seeking response we all experience. This makes us more likely to fall for things like psudoreligions and healthcare quackery. IMO the risk of turning into a homeopathy-wielding Scientologist should be warned against :)

Has anyone seen any long-term effects from snorting NBOMEs in small (1mg) doses every ~2 weeks? Are they as caustic as people say they are, wouldn't the body have time to heal itself in between sessions?

I've been snorting 1-3mg doses of 25i about weekly (on average) for 7 or 8 months, it feels like a little bit of nothing, usually makes me sneeze a couple times. Compared to snorting 2C-X chemicals it's fine. Maybe it's the low dosage, I imagine 20-30mg of any NBOMe would be quite uncomfortable but you'd have bigger issues to concern yourself with if you're taking lines to the dome :)

What? You're saying 1 to 3 milligram insufflated is a low dose? I would imagine that snorting 20 milligram can be lethal... either you have built up quite a tolerance (which is not unlikely since you are using it weekly) or your stuff is not pure, because otherwise I think you are being very careless. Watch out there, dude. People have died overdoing these very potent substances.

And what do you get out of weekly dosages like these anyway?